PDA

View Full Version : Power Station ABC, Ohio

MAB
01-18-15, 11:12 pm
Alright guys. There's been talk floating around and I've posted here and there about this on my thread and a few of the Ohio threads; I figured why not make it official?

A little while ago Steve contacted me about trying to get some of our regular Ohio crew together in Middletown at Power Station. The idea was to see friends about a month out from the Cage, bc let's face it, we're family and we really just can't wait to see everyone. I sent a few texts out and as word has been passed around the list of people planning on coming has gotten bigger and bigger. So I want to get an official head count rolling.

Date: February 7th
Time: 2:30PM
Where: Power Station - 4343 S Dixie Hwy, Middletown, Ohio 45005
Food: To be decided

Power Station is Mike Ferguson's baby. Mike is a former Marine and State Highway Patrolman. Power Station has many machines I've never seen before. Mike has collected mono-lifts, sledge hammers, dumbbells, bands, boxes, and stuff that I have no clue what it's for. He has a dead lifting platform, prowlers, sleds, wheel barrows, and a strip of green turf to do crazy fun things on. Power Station is attached to a place called Xtreme Fitness which is a Crossfit box and MMA studio combined. You will see an array of power lifters, body builders, physique competitors, Olympic lifter, crossfitters, and MMartists. It's really a melting pot of fitness. He's got two pit bulls, Charlie and Carson, who roam the gym. There are chalk buckets abound and Mike even has a "wall of fame" with pictures of athletes he's trained.

I cannot express enough that this is really the PERFECT place to have an ABC, especially (as Steve called it) a PreCage ABC- a month out from the National ABC. A month out to get us all pumped up and rearing to go. A month out to spread the word, make people aware of the Arnold and of The Cage itself.

Let's DO THIS!

MAB
01-19-15, 12:06 pm
Let's get a head count going!

Feb. 7th
2:30PM
Power Station
4343 S Dixie Hwy
Middletown, Ohio 45005

Who's in?

MAB

MAB
01-19-15, 12:50 pm
Forgot to mention I'm working on getting a big order or protein brownies for us as well. Simply Delicious.

RedlegDbell
01-19-15, 1:02 pm
Let's get a head count going!

Feb. 7th
2:30PM
Power Station
4343 S Dixie Hwy
Middletown, Ohio 45005

Who's in?

MAB
Redlegdbell

MikeHerman
01-19-15, 1:22 pm
I'll be there for sure.

knotahumanbeing
01-19-15, 1:23 pm
MAB
Redlegdbell
Knotahumanbeing

SlimJim
01-19-15, 1:23 pm
[QUOTE=RedlegDbell;1399516]Let's get a head count going

Who's in?[\QUOTE]

MAB
SlimJim
Redlegdbell
Knotahumanbeing

MikeHerman
01-19-15, 1:28 pm
MAB
SlimJim
Redlegdbell
Knotahumanbeing
MikeHerman

MAB
01-19-15, 6:28 pm
[
MAB
SlimJim
Redlegdbell (& about 10+)
Knotahumanbeing
MikeHerman
Deanna (+1)
Tricia (body babe)
FlexEm
Eddie (& 2+)
AJ Tarkany
Blair Mone

MAB
01-19-15, 9:35 pm
Inquired about the Simply Delicious protein brownies today... I'll need to call in the order the Monday before the ABC by 11AM, so I need anyone who's planning on coming to please make sure your name is on the above list. I've got a paper list at home as well that includes some of the non- forum ppl who want to come and see what ABCs are all about.

Count is up to 30 and growing.

For anyone who's curious here are the nutritional facts for the Simply Delicious protein brownies:
Protein: 20.04grams
Fat: 2.8 grams
Sugar: 3.3 grams
Carbs: 11.1 grams
Calories: 156
Heaven in your mouth: an unbelievable 100%

deanna7272
01-19-15, 10:47 pm
MAB
SlimJim
Redlegdbell (& about 10+)
Knotahumanbeing
MikeHerman
Deanna
Bodybabe10
FlexEm
Eddie (& 2+)
ATark
Blair Mone
Fos3050

RedlegDbell
01-20-15, 2:05 am
MAB
SlimJim (CBB)
Redlegdbell (CBB) +7 maybe
Knotahumanbeing (CBB)
MikeHerman (CBB)
Deanna
Bodybabe10
FlexEm
Eddie (& 2+)
ATark
Blair Mone
Fos3050
Tweaked my "plus" number since some of the crew have added themselves to this list already.

MAB
01-20-15, 7:53 am
Cool beans. I'm going to touch base with my Beavercreek ppl either today or tomorrow to try and figure out a roundabout number. We're lookin good at just under 3 weeks out 👏💪

P Diesel
01-20-15, 10:32 am
Im in

Kowboy
01-20-15, 10:38 am
Im in

Wait...seriously?

I will be there as well

Kowboy
01-20-15, 10:38 am
MAB
SlimJim (CBB)
Knotahumanbeing (CBB)
MikeHerman (CBB)
Deanna
Bodybabe10
FlexEm
Eddie (& 2+)
ATark
Blair Mone
Fos3050
Trebin
P Diesel

P Diesel
01-20-15, 10:42 am
Wait...seriously?

I will be there as well

hahaha no ;)

Kowboy
01-20-15, 10:48 am
hahaha no ;)

I committed you...too bad man

P Diesel
01-20-15, 11:31 am
I committed you...too bad man

everyone is gna hate u for lying

P

Kowboy
01-20-15, 11:39 am
everyone is gna hate u for lying

P

haha they hate me any way

MAB
01-20-15, 10:56 pm
hahaha no ;)

Such a tease! Gettin all these boys' hopes up. Too bad, this is def your type of gym!

haha they hate me any way

Only hatin if you punk out and don't show up...

flex-em
01-21-15, 2:13 am
hahaha no ;)

Tease for sure, guess you're gonna keep us all waiting another month...

Thanks for adding me to the list MAB.

Christman
01-21-15, 5:14 am
MAB
SlimJim (CBB)
Knotahumanbeing (CBB)
MikeHerman (CBB)
Deanna
Bodybabe10
FlexEm
Eddie (& 2+)
ATark
Blair Mone
Fos3050
Trebin
Domichi

Kowboy
01-21-15, 8:56 am
Such a tease! Gettin all these boys' hopes up. Too bad, this is def your type of gym!

Only hatin if you punk out and don't show up...

I am going to try really really hard to make it. I was all in if P was there...but now I am not sure.

MAB
01-21-15, 7:17 pm
MAB
SlimJim (CBB)
Knotahumanbeing (CBB)
MikeHerman (CBB)
Deanna
Bodybabe10
FlexEm
Eddie (& 2+)
ATark
Blair Mone
Fos3050
Trebin
Domichi

Domichi!!! Glad to see you're jumpin aboard the PreCage celebration!

I am going to try really really hard to make it. I was all in if P was there...but now I am not sure.

Geeze Mark! Come on... You know P is in a hard core love/ hate bromance with Higa... Dude there's just no room for you. Why you doin this to yourself? I worry about you!

Haha just teasin... But seriously Trebin!! My feelings will be very very hurt. It's my first time coordinating. I need all the Ohio support I can get. I'm even buying you brownies!! I'll throw in more hair clips for the girls too! Pretty sure I have some valentines day ones.

MAB
01-21-15, 7:18 pm
Tease for sure, guess you're gonna keep us all waiting another month...

Thanks for adding me to the list MAB.

No problem Em!! Dee and Carol are coming out the Friday before. You in? Or just hittin the road Saturday mornin?

flex-em
01-21-15, 8:35 pm
No problem Em!! Dee and Carol are coming out the Friday before. You in? Or just hittin the road Saturday mornin?

Well then, I may just do the same. More than likely I'll be there Fri evening then too :)

deanna7272
01-21-15, 9:30 pm
Well then, I may just do the same. More than likely I'll be there Fri evening then too :)

Yay!!!

MAB
01-21-15, 9:51 pm
[QUOTE=RedlegDbell;1399516]Let's get a head count going

Who's in?[\QUOTE]

MAB
SlimJim
Redlegdbell
Knotahumanbeing

Glad you're coming out SlimJim!!

MAB
SlimJim (CBB)
Knotahumanbeing (CBB)
MikeHerman (CBB)
Deanna
Bodybabe10
FlexEm
Eddie (& 2+)
ATark
Blair Mone
Fos3050
Trebin
P Diesel

I dunno if I've ever met Fos3050... But I'm all about makin new friends!

MAB
01-21-15, 9:53 pm
Just hit me... Is Fos3050 Carol Foster?!? LOL

deanna7272
01-21-15, 10:01 pm
Just hit me... Is Fos3050 Carol Foster?!? LOL

Hahaha Yep....

flex-em
01-21-15, 10:58 pm
Yay!!!

Animal girl shenannigans :)

Eric Williamson aka Carnage (I think lol) is requesting the day off to attend so we may have another added to the list...

MAB
01-22-15, 8:03 am
Animal girl shenannigans :)

Eric Williamson aka Carnage (I think lol) is requesting the day off to attend so we may have another added to the list...

Absolutely amazing!! Keep us informed. I need to get a head count in to corporate by the 28th! Let's get to work!

Aaannd are you girls thinking what I'm thinking? Pub Friday night?

Kowboy
01-22-15, 8:04 am
Domichi!!! Glad to see you're jumpin aboard the PreCage celebration!

Geeze Mark! Come on... You know P is in a hard core love/ hate bromance with Higa... Dude there's just no room for you. Why you doin this to yourself? I worry about you!

Haha just teasin... But seriously Trebin!! My feelings will be very very hurt. It's my first time coordinating. I need all the Ohio support I can get. I'm even buying you brownies!! I'll throw in more hair clips for the girls too! Pretty sure I have some valentines day ones.

HAHAHAA I really am trying to make it down there. My daughter loved those hair clips. The baby wears them all the time.

If P leaves me hanging I will just have to move on to you I suppose....i will be heart broken, he is such a good front spoon :(

deanna7272
01-22-15, 9:27 am
Aaannd are you girls thinking what I'm thinking? Pub Friday night?

Yep... I won't be able to leave until after work, of course and I think the same goes for Carol...

I definitely want to get to that OHIO store again!!! I need to re-up on my Nag Champa candle...lol

bodybabe10
01-22-15, 9:00 pm
Yep... I won't be able to leave until after work, of course and I think the same goes for Carol...

I definitely want to get to that OHIO store again!!! I need to re-up on my Nag Champa candle...lol

Thanks for adding me Dee! And yes I'm in for Friday also!!!! :-)

MAB
01-22-15, 9:35 pm
HAHAHAA I really am trying to make it down there. My daughter loved those hair clips. The baby wears them all the time.

If P leaves me hanging I will just have to move on to you I suppose....i will be heart broken, he is such a good front spoon :(

Mark, buddy... P just said you like two fingers in your bum when you spoon... And well, I'm sorry I just can't meet that particular need. Buuuut you know AJ is coming on the 7th, and while I don't want to volunteer him for anything he may not be up to, I know he has posted some booty stuff on his Instagram... Plus you know he has that awesome beard that would probably make for a good hand warmer while cuddling.

LOL

I'll bring hair clips just in case you make it 🎀🎀😄

MAB
01-22-15, 9:37 pm
Thanks for adding me Dee! And yes I'm in for Friday also!!!! :-)

Omg freaking awesome!! Too bad the hot tub isn't open! I keep thinking I need to host an Animal pool party in June for my "very merry unbirthday". Year after year I think about doing one since it sucks to do anything in December... Maybe it's time.

deanna7272
01-23-15, 12:57 am
Omg freaking awesome!! Too bad the hot tub isn't open! I keep thinking I need to host an Animal pool party in June for my "very merry unbirthday". Year after year I think about doing one since it sucks to do anything in December... Maybe it's time.

Dammit... I just posted in MY thread about the hot tub!! Lmao!!

deanna7272
01-23-15, 12:58 am
Mark, buddy... P just said you like two fingers in your bum when you spoon... And well, I'm sorry I just can't meet that particular need. Buuuut you know AJ is coming on the 7th, and while I don't want to volunteer him for anything he may not be up to, I know he has posted some booty stuff on his Instagram... Plus you know he has that awesome beard that would probably make for a good hand warmer while cuddling.

LOL

I'll bring hair clips just in case you make it 

What the hell just happened???

Kowboy
01-23-15, 10:05 am

LOL

I'll bring hair clips just in case you make it 

I am pretty disappointed you can't meet that need, that really hurts. You were my #2...I would like to say it was a close #2 w/ P but I would be lying. I have already made Higa pretty Jealous.

Kowboy
01-23-15, 10:06 am
What the hell just happened???

I guess we will find out on Feb 7

MAB
01-23-15, 1:42 pm
Dammit... I just posted in MY thread about the hot tub!! Lmao!!

Great minds Dee... LOL There's always the tub at LA... Buuuut I dunno.

So holy freaking crap! 22 new people have rsvp'd on Facebook and 11 are maybes!! Am I nuts or is this going to be crazy?!?

MAB
01-23-15, 1:43 pm
MAB
SlimJim (CBB)
Knotahumanbeing (CBB)
MikeHerman (CBB)
Deanna
Bodybabe10
FlexEm
Eddie (& 2+)
ATark
Blair Mone
Fos3050
Trebin
Domichi

Plus 22 from FB (so far and we just added the event page YESTERDAY!)

MAB
01-23-15, 11:14 pm
Up to 35 attending via Facebook event page... I'm heading to power station tomorrow. I'll ask mike if ppl have been talking to him about the ABC.

Is the above really all my Ohio Animal family?!

Iceiktitan
01-23-15, 11:16 pm
[QUOTE=Domichi;1399748 MAB
SlimJim (CBB)
Knotahumanbeing (CBB)
MikeHerman (CBB)
Deanna
Bodybabe10
FlexEm
Eddie (& 2+)
ATark
Blair Mone
Fos3050
Trebin
Domichi
Iceiktitan

RedlegDbell
01-23-15, 11:35 pm
[QUOTE=Domichi;1399748 MAB
SlimJim (CBB)
Knotahumanbeing (CBB)
MikeHerman (CBB)
Deanna
Bodybabe10
FlexEm
Eddie (& 2+)
ATark
Blair Mone
Fos3050
Trebin
Domichi
Iceiktitan
Heck yeah Ice! Going to be great to see you man.

tark
01-24-15, 12:10 am
MAB
SlimJim (CBB)
Knotahumanbeing (CBB)
MikeHerman (CBB)
Deanna
Bodybabe10
FlexEm
Eddie (& 2+)
Blair Mone
Fos3050
Trebin
Domichi
Iceiktitan
TARK + id say about 12...im bringing my posse hahah

tark
01-24-15, 12:12 am
Im in

if you were for real I got a room with your name on it homie....just sayin ;)

flex-em
01-24-15, 1:13 am
MAB
SlimJim (CBB)
Knotahumanbeing (CBB)
MikeHerman (CBB)
Deanna
Bodybabe10
FlexEm
Eddie (& 2+)
Blair Mone
Fos3050
Trebin
Domichi
Iceiktitan
TARK + id say about 12...im bringing my posse hahah

A lot of the OG's in on this one. Old and new, ought to be a great time.

Iceiktitan
01-24-15, 1:19 am
[QUOTE=Iceiktitan;1400177]
Heck yeah Ice! Going to be great to see you man.
Been a long time since I have seen you bro. Hope all is well with you.

Iceiktitan
01-24-15, 1:21 am
[QUOTE=flex-em;1400190]A lot of the OG's in on this one. Old and new, ought to be a great time.
ABC's are always a great time Em. :)

MAB
01-24-15, 1:24 pm
This is going to be epic... I hope corporates ready for this order!!

MAB
01-26-15, 8:15 pm
I've had a lot of newbies asking me about ABCs.... To address two of the main questions I came up with this to post on the event page on Facebook. Let me know what you all think?

"I know that there's a question or two floating around in the minds of all the people who've never been to, or even heard of, an ABC:

*What is an ABC?
*What can I expect to happen?

First, ABC stands for Animal Barbell Club, but when people refer to the ABC's they are thinking of the basics. That is what Animal is about, the basics. Their ads are not glamorous. They are gritty and grimy-the way a gym should be. Animal is about putting in work; they don't pedal the idea that this life is easy, that there's a magic pill/ shake, or a secret behind mammoth strength and golden age muscularity.

What can you expect to go down? That's pretty basic too:
*we'll gather
*we'll lift
*we'll take a group photo
*we'll go out for a post-workout meal and "chew the fat"

But what hasn't occurred to you is the heart and soul of Animal and the ABC's they sanction. At the heart of it all is family; it's coming together with like-minded individuals and realizing you're not as alone as you may feel at times. It's forging an unspoken bond that, in some ways, is stronger than the bond of blood; it's a bond forged by iron and that fire burning inside each and every one of us, driving us to constantly evolve.

The people you meet through ABC's will push you towards new pr's, help you crush goals, and then set new ones. They will lift you up when you fall, get in your face when you're about to quit, and they will match you every step of the way with an insatiable hunger to improve. They will inspire you with their life experiences and through their actions.

In all honesty, words are inadequate to truly explain what an ABC is. It's something you have to experience firsthand."

Now a lot of people have been asking if Animal will be sending out a sponsored athlete. I keep telling them that as of right now I haven't heard anything about anyone showing up, but I'm hopeful with it being a large ABC that someone will show. I know a couple IFBB Figure girls will be there, a pro bodybuilder, and multiple power lifters with records (male and female).

flex-em
01-26-15, 8:28 pm
I've had a lot of newbies asking me about ABCs.... To address two of the main questions I came up with this to post on the event page on Facebook. Let me know what you all think?

"I know that there's a question or two floating around in the minds of all the people who've never been to, or even heard of, an ABC:

*What is an ABC?
*What can I expect to happen?

First, ABC stands for Animal Barbell Club, but when people refer to the ABC's they are thinking of the basics. That is what Animal is about, the basics. Their ads are not glamorous. They are gritty and grimy-the way a gym should be. Animal is about putting in work; they don't pedal the idea that this life is easy, that there's a magic pill/ shake, or a secret behind mammoth strength and golden age muscularity.

What can you expect to go down? That's pretty basic too:
*we'll gather
*we'll lift
*we'll take a group photo
*we'll go out for a post-workout meal and "chew the fat"

But what hasn't occurred to you is the heart and soul of Animal and the ABC's they sanction. At the heart of it all is family; it's coming together with like-minded individuals and realizing you're not as alone as you may feel at times. It's forging an unspoken bond that, in some ways, is stronger than the bond of blood; it's a bond forged by iron and that fire burning inside each and every one of us, driving us to constantly evolve.

The people you meet through ABC's will push you towards new pr's, help you crush goals, and then set new ones. They will lift you up when you fall, get in your face when you're about to quit, and they will match you every step of the way with an insatiable hunger to improve. They will inspire you with their life experiences and through their actions.

In all honesty, words are inadequate to truly explain what an ABC is. It's something you have to experience firsthand."

Now a lot of people have been asking if Animal will be sending out a sponsored athlete. I keep telling them that as of right now I haven't heard anything about anyone showing up, but I'm hopeful with it being a large ABC that someone will show. I know a couple IFBB Figure girls will be there, a pro bodybuilder, and multiple power lifters with records (male and female).

Very well put.

MAB
01-31-15, 8:45 am
Thanks Em! We're a week out and I noticed a couple more ppl have joined the event on FB. Some ppl from my gym have told me they're coming as well. I hope we're all ready for this! A week out and I'm excited!!

MAB
02-02-15, 10:53 am
More people keep confirming on FB... More ppl are coming up to me in the gym to say they'll be there. Any and all help would be much appreciated! I know the girls will be helping me transport boxes and AJ said he'd come early to help if we need it. I'm soooooop excited but so nervous!

deanna7272
02-02-15, 11:48 am
More people keep confirming on FB... More ppl are coming up to me in the gym to say they'll be there. Any and all help would be much appreciated! I know the girls will be helping me transport boxes and AJ said he'd come early to help if we need it. I'm soooooop excited but so nervous!

We will be there to help... You're doing a great job getting this done...

Can't wait... AND I've seen good weather reports also!!

Big C
02-03-15, 4:40 pm
Count me in, somehow got the day off. Riding down with Ice.

deanna7272
02-03-15, 4:42 pm

Yesssssss!!!!!!!

Big C
02-03-15, 4:51 pm
Yesssssss!!!!!!!

I know I'm pumped! As long as I can stay away from the intestinal flu between now and then...it's the only one I haven't had this year lol. some nursing homes are on lockdown up here b/c of it

deanna7272
02-03-15, 6:25 pm
I know I'm pumped! As long as I can stay away from the intestinal flu between now and then...it's the only one I haven't had this year lol. some nursing homes are on lockdown up here b/c of it

Face mask, gas mask, gloves, snot shields (sneeze guards AND PAK!!!; Whatever it takes...

flex-em
02-03-15, 8:26 pm

Ahhh yeahhh

MAB
02-04-15, 9:08 pm
Can't believe its almost time!! I feel like there's still so much to do!

Girls if my house is WAY messier than last you visited, please do not judge.

Can't wait to see how this will turn out!

RedlegDbell
02-05-15, 3:01 am

Outstanding!

RedlegDbell
02-05-15, 3:08 am
I think I'll make it a bit early too Mikel. Maybe with Slim Jim, maybe solo if he needs to drive separately.
Samantha from Colerain Barbell is planning on running through a mock meet in case any of you ladies would like to run through that with her. I'll be working up to a heavy single on squats and testing my bench if my shoulder feels good. Not deadlifting until Sunday though.

deanna7272
02-05-15, 9:45 am
Can't believe its almost time!! I feel like there's still so much to do!

Girls if my house is WAY messier than last you visited, please do not judge.

Can't wait to see how this will turn out!

I'm only judging because the hot tub is shut down for the season...
BUT
You MAY be able to possibly redeem yourself with the fire pit??

MAB
02-07-15, 8:31 am
Steve... Dunno if I. Strong enough to run through a mock meet but I'd definitely love to see it! We're thinking we'll get in around 1 so we can try to lift before it gets crazy and so we've got extra hands and eyes for all the handouts and to help spread info, etc

MAB
02-07-15, 8:35 am
The ABC newbie bags are ready, the sag bags (large and small) are hand drawn and ready for raffling. I've got new markers for the banner, table clothes, cubbies for the ABC Newbie bags so they can stay organized by size... I'm pretty sure I covered lol areas and this thing should go off without a hitch. It's supposed to get up to 50 degrees and there's a 1% chance of precipitation. Looks like all systems are a GO!

Please wear either an Animal or ABC shirt so you're easily distinguishable from the newbies and they can hit you up for info. And as for the raffle, make sure you get your name in... These bags are pretty awesome. May the odds be ever in your favor.

MikeHerman
02-07-15, 12:08 pm
So stoked about this. Going to be leaving Milford around 1-1:30, so I should be up there right before 2:30 or so. Going to work up to a heavy single (possible PR) deadlift, with some possible volume squats. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

deanna7272
02-07-15, 12:21 pm
Fueling up!!

Safe travels everyone!!!

flex-em
02-07-15, 6:33 pm
Awesome turnout today, lots of old and new faces. It was great to see everyone. 4 more more weeks to go.....

GunRock
02-08-15, 12:31 am
The ABC newbie bags are ready, the sag bags (large and small) are hand drawn and ready for raffling. I've got new markers for the banner, table clothes, cubbies for the ABC Newbie bags so they can stay organized by size... I'm pretty sure I covered lol areas and this thing should go off without a hitch. It's supposed to get up to 50 degrees and there's a 1% chance of precipitation. Looks like all systems are a GO!

Please wear either an Animal or ABC shirt so you're easily distinguishable from the newbies and they can hit you up for info. And as for the raffle, make sure you get your name in... These bags are pretty awesome. May the odds be ever in your favor.

This was an awesome idea. Having ABC Newbie bags is that extra professional touch that'll make a real impression on the new people. I'm stealing it. Checked out the pics on IG from the various people I follow like knotahumanbeing and MikeHerman. I seem to follow a number of you Ohio Animals for some reason.

See you all in March!!

deanna7272
02-08-15, 12:55 am
This was an awesome idea. Having ABC Newbie bags is that extra professional touch that'll make a real impression on the new people. I'm stealing it. Checked out the pics on IG from the various people I follow like knotahumanbeing and MikeHerman. I seem to follow a number of you Ohio Animals for some reason.

See you all in March!!

Because you have good taste, that's why you follow us...lol

MAB
02-08-15, 1:03 am

See you all in March!!

Thanks Gunrock! On top of the gift bags I made sure to divvy up the shirts, stickers, lanyards, and rage into gallon bags marked with the shirt size. This worked out well. We just asked what size they needed and everyone got what they needed (also ensured no one got over zealous).

We raffled off the big stuff. I figured that was the fairest way to go about it. We had enough that everyone got a little extra, so it worked out really well.

Iceiktitan
02-08-15, 1:45 am
Awesome job with the ABC Mikel! Good seeing some new faces and the "OG" crew. :)

MAB
02-08-15, 5:06 pm
Awesome job with the ABC Mikel! Good seeing some new faces and the "OG" crew. :)

Thank you! I'm so relieved it went well! Actually thinking about the next one. Never too early to plan ahead, right? LOL

Seriously though we had a gray group at this ABC. Some big weight was moved, there were so many new faces and of course all the ole familiar ones. I can't wait to get all the photos back from Kellie Moore. Mark... I think there were a handful on your camera. Would you mind emailing them to me? I'll pm my addy.

The Animal bags were a hit... The gym was a great facility for an event like this. There were so many amazing lifters and friendly people there. I know multiple PRs were hit, bc of course an ABC is the perfect place and environment for PRs. You're surrounded by strong ppl that you know will not fail you in a spot and they're right in your face cheering you on or they're inspiring you to push harder with their own lifts.

I'm super excited that my first time coordinating an ABC was at Power Station and that it included almost all my favorite people. Thank you all for the support and help!!

MikeHerman
02-08-15, 9:20 pm
Had a great time. Big thanks to MAB and Deanna for getting this all set up. Even walked away with a prize bag containing some Juiced Aminos and two DVDs. Not to mention a 10 lb PR on my deadlift.

deanna7272
02-09-15, 9:33 am

The "OG" Crew... Gotta love it... We HAVE been a round a while now, haven't we?? I wouldn't have it any other way... So glad that you guys made it down!!!

Had a great time. Big thanks to MAB and Deanna for getting this all set up. Even walked away with a prize bag containing some Juiced Aminos and two DVDs. Not to mention a 10 lb PR on my deadlift.

Let me tell you, Mikel had this thing covered... I contributed a little info and my friend list invites, but she had it under control... She did such a great job getting all of this organized. She is such a creative and passionate soul... A little history, so you know, she had a less than stellar start with the ABC's. After being convinced to go to her first, and then showing up as a newbie, she left feeling a little confused... I talked with her and convinced her to go to another... It wasn't a typical ABC, so my big butt drove to Cbus, met her at Metro and we lifted, headed to the locker room and talked for over 3 hours, about everything (that's SO not typical of me...lmao!!!!) I wanted her to know what to do and what to expect...

Due to the fact that she was so unsure at her first ABC, she had everything perfectly planned and it went off without a hitch. She made up "swag bags" and all of the newbies received a shirt, lanyard, ABC sticker, and a Rage XL sample. She also had everyone sign up for a raffle of 6 BIG prizes, and a handful of small gift bags... ((totally cool bags too, shes so artsy fartsy...lol)) everyone after those winners, the rest of the names were drawn for Juiced Amino sample jars. Had 40+ Animals (old and new) in the house and it was an awesome sight to see everyone mingling, sharing stories, and getting a great training session in!!

I have to say that she really spoiled you guys, and I KNOW that the Forvm has gained some QUALITY members this weekend, and I look forward to seeing everyone on the regular now. Everyone left a little more educated, a little stronger, AND excited about The Cage.... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Congrats to Mikel (MAB) on her first ABC coordination and execution... You did good!!! Can't wait for the next!!

MAB
02-09-15, 7:11 pm
The "OG" Crew... Gotta love it... We HAVE been a round a while now, haven't we?? I wouldn't have it any other way... So glad that you guys made it down!!!

Let me tell you, Mikel had this thing covered... I contributed a little info and my friend list invites, but she had it under control... She did such a great job getting all of this organized. She is such a creative and passionate soul... A little history, so you know, she had a less than stellar start with the ABC's. After being convinced to go to her first, and then showing up as a newbie, she left feeling a little confused... I talked with her and convinced her to go to another... It wasn't a typical ABC, so my big butt drove to Cbus, met her at Metro and we lifted, headed to the locker room and talked for over 3 hours, about everything (that's SO not typical of me...lmao!!!!) I wanted her to know what to do and what to expect...

Due to the fact that she was so unsure at her first ABC, she had everything perfectly planned and it went off without a hitch. She made up "swag bags" and all of the newbies received a shirt, lanyard, ABC sticker, and a Rage XL sample. She also had everyone sign up for a raffle of 6 BIG prizes, and a handful of small gift bags... ((totally cool bags too, shes so artsy fartsy...lol)) everyone after those winners, the rest of the names were drawn for Juiced Amino sample jars. Had 40+ Animals (old and new) in the house and it was an awesome sight to see everyone mingling, sharing stories, and getting a great training session in!!

I have to say that she really spoiled you guys, and I KNOW that the Forvm has gained some QUALITY members this weekend, and I look forward to seeing everyone on the regular now. Everyone left a little more educated, a little stronger, AND excited about The Cage.... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Congrats to Mikel (MAB) on her first ABC coordination and execution... You did good!!! Can't wait for the next!!

Awe thanks guys! Dee, you got me tearing up! It's like you said... I just really NEEDED a to make sure that everyone who came had the full experience, wasn't lost or left out, and had a great time. So mission accomplished! I think the only person who missed the shirt bag was Mike, but I popped his in the mail just two hours ago. As long as everyone is willing I will absolutely do this PreCage ABC again next year. So Mark your calendars.

MAB
02-09-15, 7:23 pm
I've hit the ground running since last week was less than par.

I had an acupuncture appointment today. It wasn't with my regular acupuncturist, but it was a nice experience. Tried cupping for the first time and it was actually pretty soothing. I've only got one "hickey." The needling we did on my hand freaking hurt... But I think it'll help in the long road.

Leg press: 90x20, 140x20, 180x15, 230x15, 270x12, 300x10, 350x8, 390x5 (at least I think it was 390- 4 plates on each side)

Cbl kick back: 20x10, 30x12, 40x8, 50x5

Seated ham curl; 120x10, 135x10, 150x10 2sets

Hip thrust on ham curl machine: 95x10 5sets, 100x10

Leg ext: 60x30, 75x24, 90x15, 105x9, 120x9

Glute and abs on the roman chair: 15 then 10reps 3sets SUPERSET slingshot pop squat 10r 2sets, 12r

MAB
02-09-15, 7:27 pm
Woops... Meant to post that on my journey... Disregard 😊

MAB
02-09-15, 7:42 pm

Awe thanks guys! Dee, you got me tearing up! It's like you said... I just really NEEDED a to make sure that everyone who came had the full experience, wasn't lost or left out, and had a great time. So mission accomplished! I think the only person who missed the shirt bag was Mike, but I popped his in the mail just two hours ago. As long as everyone is willing I will absolutely do this PreCage ABC again next year. So Mark your calendars.

😊💪👍

GunRock
02-09-15, 8:46 pm

We have got to step it up down South!!

G.I.LEE
02-09-15, 9:46 pm
Hi guys. I had a great time. Looking forward to another ABC event! -Lee

deanna7272
02-09-15, 10:03 pm

Well, well well... Glad to see we have a new brother on the Forvm... Welcome...

Glad that you were able to make it and enjoyed yourself... We can be a rowdy crew, but we're all family, and you know how families can be ...lol.

flex-em
02-09-15, 11:41 pm

Hey you made it! Welcome

~Emily

MAB
02-10-15, 9:22 pm
We have got to step it up down South!!

Haha Gunrock, it's like my mom said when I filled her in, "your mama didn't raise no fool." Tark and I chatted a bit about wanting to revive the dayton Cincinnati area chapters, mainly Dayton I guess since that's our stomping grounds. I told him I feel like we need to step our game up and give the NJ, PA, East Coast boys a run for their money.

I'm already thinking ahead. Spoke with the Power Station gym owner about us potentially coming back next year and he's open to the idea. I know Eaton Barbell would like to host as well. I feel like the sky is the limit and when you have amazing people supporting you, you will go as far. Lemme know if you need anything!

Welcome! So glad to see yet another PreCage ABC attendee make it to the Forvm!

GunRock
02-10-15, 9:26 pm
Haha Gunrock, it's like my mom said when I filled her in, "your mama didn't raise no fool." Tark and I chatted a bit about wanting to revive the dayton Cincinnati area chapters, mainly Dayton I guess since that's our stomping grounds. I told him I feel like we need to step our game up and give the NJ, PA, East Coast boys a run for their money.

I'm already thinking ahead. Spoke with the Power Station gym owner about us potentially coming back next year and he's open to the idea. I know Eaton Barbell would like to host as well. I feel like the sky is the limit and when you have amazing people supporting you, you will go as far. Lemme know if you need anything!

I'm just trying to figure out how to get an Animal flag for the Convoy Lead Vehicle for our trip up to The Cage!!

G.I.LEE
02-11-15, 10:55 pm
I'm just trying to figure out how to get an Animal flag for the Convoy Lead Vehicle for our trip up to The Cage!!

CONVOY!!!!!! Ok 2016 I DEF have to get in on this. I am a free man in a few more months!!!!

GunRock
02-12-15, 12:38 am
CONVOY!!!!!! Ok 2016 I DEF have to get in on this. I am a free man in a few more months!!!!

Be glad to have you Brother.

MAB
02-13-15, 11:32 am
Update for all attendees: the very gracious Kellie Moore sent me the photos shed took at our PreCage ABC yesterday. Thank you all for being patient with me. I'm juggling a lot right now, but I plan to get them to you this weekend. Keep your eyes and ears open. I know there are videos that need to be loaded as well. That's on my list for this weekend also. Trebin I may be hitting you up for YouTube know-how... But I'm gonna try to figure it out on my own.

Anywho! Happy Friday the 13th all!

deanna7272
02-13-15, 12:58 pm
Update for all attendees: the very gracious Kellie Moore sent me the photos shed took at our PreCage ABC yesterday. Thank you all for being patient with me. I'm juggling a lot right now, but I plan to get them to you this weekend. Keep your eyes and ears open. I know there are videos that need to be loaded as well. That's on my list for this weekend also. Trebin I may be hitting you up for YouTube know-how... But I'm gonna try to figure it out on my own.

Anywho! Happy Friday the 13th all!

Understandable... Life happens... Do you....

Happy Friday the 13th and Valentine's Day....

GunRock
02-23-15, 4:24 pm
As some of you know, the Georgia Animals (plus one Animal each from Tennessee and Floriday) have a Convoy up to The Cage Friday night. We'll arrive just in time for the doors to open and stay at The Arnold all day, hanging out in the Cage with the other Animals.

That night, we'll head to The National ABC and then head back down to Georgia after The National ABC.

The problem is the three hour gap between the end of the Arnold for the day and the start of the National ABC. Our original plans for getting some rest fell through and so now we're kind of stuck.

Can any of the local Animals help us out with somewhere to hang out for a couple of hours? There would be six of us total.

PM me if you can help out.

deanna7272
02-23-15, 4:28 pm
There's only like an hour between times and I suggest heading over to the gym, and begin standing in the line that will be forming, so that you are there when the doors open...lol That's what we will be doing, I'm sure... ;-)

GunRock
02-23-15, 5:40 pm
There's only like an hour between times and I suggest heading over to the gym, and begin standing in the line that will be forming, so that you are there when the doors open...lol That's what we will be doing, I'm sure... ;-)

Oh that's good then!! I thought the Arnold would be done around 5 and the National ABC started up at 7. If that's the case that works perfectly!!

Thanks D!!

deanna7272
02-23-15, 8:08 pm
Oh that's good then!! I thought the Arnold would be done around 5 and the National ABC started up at 7. If that's the case that works perfectly!!

Thanks D!!

I believe it's like 5:30... Usually out by 6, walk to gym and get ready by 7... It goes fast!!

MAB
03-22-15, 8:51 pm
So this is WAY WAY late, I apologize profusely! Here is the link to a photobucket account with photos from our PreCage ABC

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/mab_abc/embed/slideshow/Power%20Station%20PreCage%20ABC"></iframe>

MAB
03-22-15, 8:53 pm
ok how the hell do I post this as a link that you can just click on?

deanna7272
03-23-15, 12:26 am
ok how the hell do I post this as a link that you can just click on?

You have to choose the correct link... There should be a couple different ones... But, I'm not techy techy... Lol

MAB
03-23-15, 9:07 pm
You have to choose the correct link... There should be a couple different ones... But, I'm not techy techy... Lol

Sooooo which one do I choose??

deanna7272
03-24-15, 7:51 am
Sooooo which one do I choose??

This is what I do... I copy the link, insert it I to the post, review the post and if it shows as a clickable link, that's the one to use...

Told you, not techy techy...lol