PDA

View Full Version : The CAGE Lifters...

Universal Rep
01-22-15, 9:00 am
Who has earned a spot to lift in the CAGE in 2015? Anyone new that folks would like to see lift? Wut about specific lifts and type of exhibitions? Chatter about the exhibitions here...

sgerwel1985
01-22-15, 9:41 am
Who has earned a spot to lift in the CAGE in 2015? Anyone new that folks would like to see lift? Wut about specific lifts and type of exhibitions? Chatter about the exhibitions here...

First time going to the arnold, so i'm just thrilled to see the entire event as well as the cage. Seen so many videos online, doesn't look like anything needs to change. Keep up the great work gents!

Kowboy
01-22-15, 9:42 am
I would love to see a nice strongman style showdown. Even something out of the ordinary, maybe like some ridiculous strict pressing or overhead work.

sgerwel1985
01-22-15, 9:48 am
I would love to see a nice strongman style showdown. Even something out of the ordinary, maybe like some ridiculous strict pressing or overhead work.

More of like a "guy a" vs "guy b," Both have to attempt to lift say 135, 225, 315, 405, 495, etc? That would be pretty cool, solid suggestion.

Kowboy
01-22-15, 10:10 am
More of like a "guy a" vs "guy b," Both have to attempt to lift say 135, 225, 315, 405, 495, etc? That would be pretty cool, solid suggestion.

Yeah, just something a little different to show off the strongman side of things instead of focusing on power lifting.

J Wong
01-22-15, 10:22 am
I think with the huge increase in popularity in powerlifting amongst females (and some of them are pretty damn strong)..it would be cool to see a female be featured in the cage. You have 114 lb girls like Kim Valentine nearing a 400 lb raw squat, Susan Salazar setting huge all time WRs consistently, Kim Walford squatting 400 + in just sleeves at 148..etc etc

I also would like to see Tee Cummins lift in the cage again. He's awesome.

P Diesel
01-22-15, 11:47 am
I think with the huge increase in popularity in powerlifting amongst females (and some of them are pretty damn strong)..it would be cool to see a female be featured in the cage. You have 114 lb girls like Kim Valentine nearing a 400 lb raw squat, Susan Salazar setting huge all time WRs consistently, Kim Walford squatting 400 + in just sleeves at 148..etc etc

i think Garrett knows Susan Salazar pretty well.

and yea Tee is super impressive with his lifting and has picked it up a lot since last year, he could prally show us sumthin special.

Jesse Norris is almsot a must with how much stronger he continues to get

P

Universal Rep
01-22-15, 12:19 pm

In the past, I believe female powerlifters lifted... Don't remember how long ago tho. In the past, non-raw powerlifters lifted too. But these days, seems to be mostly raw lifters in The CAGE...

knotahumanbeing
01-22-15, 3:57 pm
I agree, seeing some female powerlifters would be pretty cool. Definitely would add to the cage with the steady increase of women competing in the sport.

RomeyGBOD
01-22-15, 5:28 pm
Jesse Norris for sure !

GunRock
01-22-15, 6:10 pm
Jesse Norris for sure !

SquatPressPull

anybody who can do what he does and overcome what he has deserves to be in The Cage. Also like to see Adrian Larsen back and I agree with what others have said about featuring female lifters.

Events
Strongman stuff

Pros vs Bros

Universal vs Animal Bench or Deadlift for Reps

Sam Byrd's no hands Squat

GUNZ
01-22-15, 7:01 pm
i think Garrett knows Susan Salazar pretty well.

and yea Tee is super impressive with his lifting and has picked it up a lot since last year, he could prally show us sumthin special.

Jesse Norris is almsot a must with how much stronger he continues to get

P

Yep I know Susan Salazar pretty well, she also sponsored by Iron Rebel!! I agree having a girl lift would be cool

Phil800101
01-22-15, 7:06 pm
In the past, I believe female powerlifters lifted... Don't remember how long ago tho. In the past, non-raw powerlifters lifted too. But these days, seems to be mostly raw lifters in The CAGE...

I know Becca Swanson squatted some insane amount of weight back in 2007 or 2008, can't recall if it was raw or not, and I remember Kathy Fields putting up a 400-something (I think) shirted bench back around then too.

MAB
01-22-15, 9:30 pm

Agreed... You know who would be fun?! Higa vs P Diesel! Those two banter and feed off one another in the most amazing ways. They put on a really good show down 2yrs ago!

I know Becca Swanson squatted some insane amount of weight back in 2007 or 2008, can't recall if it was raw or not, and I remember Kathy Fields putting up a 400-something (I think) shirted bench back around then too.

I remember Kathy dead lifting in the Cage a few yrs ago. She is awesome and such a nice person to boot. As a female I'd definitely love to see some female lifters, power lifting or even strongwoman.

freighttraindane
01-23-15, 8:24 am
How sick would a Derek Kendall vs. Malanichev squat off be

P Diesel
01-23-15, 9:54 am

fuckin absurd! id personally love to see that! great idea. sumthin ud see no were else

P

freighttraindane
01-23-15, 10:02 am
fuckin absurd! id personally love to see that! great idea. sumthin ud see no were else

P

Might have to take 2 time slots with the amount of warmups they are going to do, but you could add a tutorial on the squat at the same time by the best in business.

P Diesel
01-23-15, 10:25 am
Might have to take 2 time slots with the amount of warmups they are going to do, but you could add a tutorial on the squat at the same time by the best in business.

fuck the time man, u know as well as i do that would be a battle for the ages. ppl would talk about that forever. two titans moving unfathomable weight. id get my seat an houtr ahead of time and not move

P

freighttraindane
01-23-15, 10:36 am
fuck the time man, u know as well as i do that would be a battle for the ages. ppl would talk about that forever. two titans moving unfathomable weight. id get my seat an houtr ahead of time and not move

P

Damn straight P, 2!!! 1000lbs squatters going at it in the most insane atmosphere. Sign me up now for tickets

P Diesel
01-23-15, 10:37 am
Damn straight P, 2!!! 1000lbs squatters going at it in the most insane atmosphere. Sign me up now for tickets

we jsut need corporate's attention now COUGH COUGH, U Rep! and hopefully both athletes are healthy and at the top of their respective training cycles

P

SquatPressPull
01-23-15, 3:21 pm
SquatPressPull

anybody who can do what he does and overcome what he has deserves to be in The Cage. Also like to see Adrian Larsen back and I agree with what others have said about featuring female lifters.

Events
Strongman stuff

Pros vs Bros

Universal vs Animal Bench or Deadlift for Reps

Sam Byrd's no hands Squat

I'm honored! Thank you! I just wish I could get up there, even if I could, I'd probably pass this year as my lower back is still giving me issues from my Dec 13th meet.

I'd love to practice and squat the same as Sam Byrd's squats with no hands!

GUNZ
01-23-15, 3:31 pm
we jsut need corporate's attention now COUGH COUGH, U Rep! and hopefully both athletes are healthy and at the top of their respective training cycles

P

This would be the shit for sure!!! Andre just took token lifts a GPA in November not sure if hes still hurt or not, if not get this this done!

HIGA MONSTER
01-23-15, 5:17 pm
I can't wait to MC that whole weekend!

MAB
01-23-15, 10:05 pm
I can't wait to MC that whole weekend!

You're gonna be the MC?! This should be a super fun Cage!

GunRock
01-23-15, 10:40 pm
I'm honored! Thank you! I just wish I could get up there, even if I could, I'd probably pass this year as my lower back is still giving me issues from my Dec 13th meet.

I'd love to practice and squat the same as Sam Byrd's squats with no hands!

Just giving credit where it's due Brother.

HIGA MONSTER
01-24-15, 12:34 pm
You're gonna be the MC?! This should be a super fun Cage!
Hell yeah!

P Diesel sucked last year being the MC...so they wanted a qualified Polynesian to be on da mike in 2015

HIGA MONSTER

MAB
01-24-15, 1:21 pm
Hell yeah!

P Diesel sucked last year being the MC...so they wanted a qualified Polynesian to be on da mike in 2015

HIGA MONSTER

Please tell me we can expect some impromptu rapping!!!!

RedlegDbell
01-25-15, 3:26 am

P

Unfortunately I don't see this happening now unless Derek makes a near miraculous recovery. He posted on Instagram that he tore a quad. Hopefully it's not as bad as he was initially thinking.
Four awesome ladies right down the road in Kentucky that could lift in the Cage:
Shana Radcliff
Caitlyn Trout
Kelly Miller
Mrs. Lilly!
Don't really care who lifts what. I'm so pumped to see everyone

HIGA MONSTER
01-25-15, 9:05 pm
Please tell me we can expect some impromptu rapping!!!!
I will SPIT LYRICS LIKE FIRE...

Firefist
01-25-15, 10:21 pm

I'd like to see this as well.

Lottawheels
01-26-15, 9:11 am
I just wanna bench 600 in the cage ;)

SquatPressPull
01-26-15, 12:16 pm
Just giving credit where it's due Brother.

Thank you brother!

Aggression
01-26-15, 1:43 pm
Looking forward to the list. That squat off sounds legit. Even if it takes the entire day, who fuckin' cares. It'll be worth it.

As for women lifting in the cage, eh, I can do without it.

P Diesel
01-26-15, 2:33 pm
Hell yeah!

HIGA MONSTER

i thought u were mexican. no? anyway good shit! ill find an interpreter for u

I just wanna bench 600 in the cage ;)

u heard it here first, id like to see that as well

Looking forward to the list. That squat off sounds legit. Even if it takes the entire day, who fuckin' cares. It'll be worth it.

As for women lifting in the cage, eh, I can do without it.

Aggression pulls no punches :)

P

Lottawheels
01-26-15, 2:54 pm
u heard it here first, id like to see that as well

I hit 580 this week in the gym.. im thinking the cage might be motivating enough for 600

LoneWolf45
01-26-15, 8:37 pm
Having two lifters go head to head always seems to be my favorite, like Kade and Jay last year.
Less down time and more lifting alternating between two guys!

It would be awesome to see Brent Willis and Jesse Norris again

J Wong
01-26-15, 11:42 pm
Having two lifters go head to head always seems to be my favorite, like Kade and Jay last year.

Who is Jay?

HIGA MONSTER
01-27-15, 12:33 am
Who is Jay?
Shots fired...

Aggression
01-27-15, 8:56 am
Who is Jay?

Shots fired...

lol

Shit just got real.

Razor
01-27-15, 8:42 pm
HAHAHA man i can't stop laughing. I joined this thread waaay too late.

Jay Nera
01-27-15, 9:33 pm
I agree, seeing some female powerlifters would be pretty cool. Definitely would add to the cage with the steady increase of women competing in the sport.

I'm with everyone on this. It would be great to show women lifting weights that other 'normal' gym going girls aren't used to seeing. Especially from girls like the aforementioned tinier girls like Kim Valentine. Cute AND strong girls. Just as there is that "fat powerlifter" stigma that goes with men in the sport which most of us discredit…its good for the 'lifting heavy makes girls bulky" stigma to be put to rest.

Jay Nera
01-27-15, 9:35 pm

WHOA!!! How sick you ask? That would definitely be 'ebola' sick.

That would draw a huge crowd for sure.

Jay Nera
01-27-15, 9:40 pm
Who is Jay?

Bahahahahahaha!! ouch. Pierces deep…the heart is wounded.

Friggin Kade… leaving me in the dust on the DL….

I want to see Kade go 800 for reps or 750 for reps. He just did 745 for 7 4 weeks ago…and 785x5 three weeks ago..both after doing multiple doubles at the same weight…

Jay Nera
01-27-15, 9:43 pm
lol

Shit just got real.

For real….

its about to get UFC on this thread..and then J wong and myself are going Vale Tudo in the Cage at the arnolds.!!

Rhino
01-28-15, 12:23 am

In 2012 and 2013 Jessica Scofield deadlifted on Sunday both of those years.

J Wong
01-28-15, 11:14 am
For real….

its about to get UFC on this thread..and then J wong and myself are going Vale Tudo in the Cage at the arnolds.!!

OH. I am embarrassed. I didn't realize "Jay" was Jay Nera. I forgot you existed.

Vale Tudo? No.

This is going to be a one sided beatdown and J (not Jay) is going to be swinging the hammer.

P Diesel
01-28-15, 2:11 pm
In 2012 and 2013 Jessica Scofield deadlifted on Sunday both of those years.

she wasnt invited either time tho. she just jumped in on her own.

P

P Diesel
01-28-15, 2:12 pm
OH. I am embarrassed. I didn't realize "Jay" was Jay Nera. I forgot you existed.

Vale Tudo? No.

This is going to be a one sided beatdown and J (not Jay) is going to be swinging the hammer.

more like blood sport, kumite

P

P Diesel
01-28-15, 2:17 pm
I hit 580 this week in the gym.. im thinking the cage might be motivating enough for 600

i heard from some ppl u hit that 580. shit if ur gna do it anywhere itll be in the cage.

P

Robb
01-28-15, 4:48 pm
last year was just insane, I want to see Grant do what he does best go head to head for reps or just blow everyone away with another squat for reps.
getting the girls in the cage is great idea too love seeing more girls/woman getting out and hitting big weights

Robb
01-28-15, 4:55 pm
last year was just insane, I want to see Grant do what he does best go head to head for reps or just blow everyone away with another squat for reps.
getting the girls in the cage is great idea too love seeing more girls/woman getting out and hitting big weights

AND BJ Whitehead!!! so well rounded like to see him hit all 3 lifts may be a powerlift challenge, head to head highest total

Derek Kendall
01-28-15, 8:17 pm
I think it would be awesome to see ray Williams walked something crazy out

ronlifts
01-28-15, 9:38 pm
Awesome. Can't wait to meet all you animals!!! 💪💪💪

Lottawheels
01-28-15, 10:31 pm
i heard from some ppl u hit that 580. shit if ur gna do it anywhere itll be in the cage.

P

I can only imagine what its like

J Wong
01-28-15, 10:45 pm
I can only imagine what its like

I'd love to see you bench there.

Rhino
01-29-15, 12:31 am

P

My bad P. I didn't realize that. Sorry for the misinfo on my part.

HIGA MONSTER
01-29-15, 1:34 am
Thanks for the support but this year, I am just going to MC The Cage.

Because that fuckin tall Amish guy who did it last year sucked.
That dude should milk goats with his mouth instead...

GUNZ
01-29-15, 10:01 am

Yes I agree big Ray Williams would be sick to watch!! Sucks for these guys like him and Jessie N they get mugged by USAPL officials they second they walk out the Cage for drug testing!! Like they own them or something.

GUNZ
01-29-15, 10:03 am

Thanks for the support but this year, I am just going to MC The Cage.

Because that fuckin tall Amish guy who did it last year sucked.
That dude should milk goats with his mouth instead...

Higa I got inside info you not MC!! P Diesel said it a showdown this year again.

Jay Nera
01-29-15, 10:26 am

Vale Tudo? No.

Now that was just weally wong.

Jay Nera
01-29-15, 10:27 am

P

It'll be like van damme vs that big slow guy…ill drop into the splits and hit him in his egg roll.

P Diesel
01-29-15, 11:20 am
Yes I agree big Ray Williams would be sick to watch!! Sucks for these guys like him and Jessie N they get mugged by USAPL officials they second they walk out the Cage for drug testing!! Like they own them or something.

right?! that shit was ridiculous

P

Robb
01-29-15, 9:14 pm
I will put in another vote for Ray Williams dude is such a beast and also Chad Wesley Smith he just squatted 500 for 22 reps! I know he lifted in the cage a couple of years ago.

HIGA MONSTER
01-30-15, 1:58 am
Higa I got inside info you not MC!! P Diesel said it a showdown this year again.
Don't believe everything you see on Instagram, GUNZ.

Pale Rider
01-31-15, 1:46 pm
Nera vs Wong sumo wrestling this year in the cage

HIGA MONSTER
01-31-15, 10:46 pm
I will bring the Dollar Bills...and the Baby oil!

J Wong
02-01-15, 8:09 pm

That honestly sounds much more fun than what we are going to be doing.

P Diesel
02-02-15, 10:28 am
I will bring the Dollar Bills...and the Baby oil!

u always do! just bring US dollars this time

P

ganderson
02-04-15, 12:40 pm
Jesse Norris and Adrian were great to watch last year.

Maybe some words from Jason and/or Roman too…if they're even going to be there?

D-NUTZ
02-08-15, 12:48 pm
I'm really good at lifting Chipotle burritos.

Just want you guys to keep that in mind while making final decisions.

RomeyGBOD
02-08-15, 1:33 pm
when will we find out who will be lifting in the Cage ?!

Brandon Lilly
02-08-15, 2:09 pm
I think my Iron Mafia Teammate Josh Morris is a valid lifter for the Cage. He squatted 850, benched 640, and deadlifted 810, with belt only squat, and no belt deadlift.

KBrown
02-09-15, 11:05 am

I will be looking to be a candidate for 2016... Just throwing it out there a year in advance !
*bench only*

HIGA MONSTER
02-09-15, 7:53 pm
Jesse Norris almost deadlifted 810 lbs yesterday at the LA Fit Expo.

Maybe he is qualified to lift in The Cage?

lmfao

RomeyGBOD
02-10-15, 12:39 am
Jesse Norris almost deadlifted 810 lbs yesterday at the LA Fit Expo.

Maybe he is qualified to lift in The Cage?

lmfao

And 825 a couple weeks ago... More than qualified IMO..

KBrown
02-10-15, 7:36 am
And 825 a couple weeks ago... More than qualified IMO..

Yeah he is definitely a well rounded lifter.

ganderson
02-10-15, 9:55 am
Yeah he is definitely a well rounded lifter.

For sure, he is fun to watch…especially him being so young.

Shukin
02-10-15, 3:20 pm
I like to see the Usual suspects in the cage, Higa, Norris, Hawthorne, Willis. The Canadians and J Wong for sure. GUNZ is a must.
Of course I'd like to see Tee Cummins do something exciting again this year.

A pound for pound strongest man/woman would be cool. For example Richard Hawthorne deadlifting against someone much heavier and the winner is determined by weight lifted times Body Weight.

I'd like to see a strong woman there.

An old lifter would be cool too.

I have faith that it will be awesome none the less.

Aggression
02-10-15, 3:44 pm
A structured menu is great when it comes to the lifters and the events. Its necessary in that chaotic environment. But the best part of those events is that you never know who's going to stop in and either judge, cheer or, or even participate in the lift. Over the years, we've had many high profile, elite men in both PL and BB that happened to just walk by during a particular event and stop in to do one of the aforementioned. People, whether they're an average dude looking for free shit or IFBB Pros and elite PL'ers, they all gravitate to The CAGE. Ed Coan judged one of Higa's events. I think I remember some kid coming into the cage spontaneously and deadlifting something like 315 for reps with no warmup .. in jeans. Always good stuff.

P Diesel
02-11-15, 10:09 am
A structured menu is great when it comes to the lifters and the events. Its necessary in that chaotic environment. But the best part of those events is that you never know who's going to stop in and either judge, cheer or, or even participate in the lift. Over the years, we've had many high profile, elite men in both PL and BB that happened to just walk by during a particular event and stop in to do one of the aforementioned. People, whether they're an average dude looking for free shit or IFBB Pros and elite PL'ers, they all gravitate to The CAGE. Ed Coan judged one of Higa's events. I think I remember some kid coming into the cage spontaneously and deadlifting something like 315 for reps with no warmup .. in jeans. Always good stuff.

Ed Coan judged my event, i just let HIGA participate

P

Derek Kendall
02-11-15, 10:38 am
I think my Iron Mafia Teammate Josh Morris is a valid lifter for the Cage. He squatted 850, benched 640, and deadlifted 810, with belt only squat, and no belt deadlift.

That would be great. He is one of the strongest raw guys in the world that not alot of people know about. He is on his way to be the next 700 pound bencher.

HIGA MONSTER
02-11-15, 4:47 pm
Ed Coan judged my event, i just let HIGA participate

P
Still bitter, brah?

"Let it go...let it go" (in voice from the movie Frozen)

MAB
02-13-15, 11:48 am
I know there are a lot of well known lifters being suggested on this thread, but I also know that Animal is down for giving back. I would absolutely love to see lifters like these individuals in the Cage, if not this year, then another year:

https://www.facebook.com/teamsomeassemblyrequired

Team Some Assembly Required, adaptive athletes... Yeah yeah they're mainly Crossfit, but seriously take a look at their videos on YouTube or posts on Instagram (where I stumbled upon them). Tell me they would not motivate the fuck out of, not only the people outside the Cage, but the people within the Cage. A lot of these people are veterans who've lost limbs serving our country...

Think of our own Animal athletes who have surpassed accidents or surgeries that would have left most bed ridden and depressed... Patrick with his back surgery, Frank and his car accident, Brandon and his surgeries. Think of how these men have motivated people, inspired them with their drive, their passion, and their warrior souls that would not let them give up. That's wht this team is about...

Contact them. Have someone bench, someone deadlift, and someone squat... Think of how awe inspiring it would be, how awesome it would be to give them the opportunity that many an athlete would kill to have-to lift in the Cage, with the best... Well aren't these people setting themselves apart by not giving up?

Just my thoughts.

MAB
02-13-15, 11:52 am
I know there are a lot of well known lifters being suggested on this thread, but I also know that Animal is down for giving back. I would absolutely love to see lifters like these individuals in the Cage, if not this year, then another year:

Team Some Assembly Required, adaptive athletes... Yeah yeah they're mainly Crossfit, but seriously take a look at their videos on YouTube or posts on Instagram (where I stumbled upon them). Tell me they would not motivate the fuck out of, not only the people outside the Cage, but the people within the Cage. A lot of these people are veterans who've lost limbs serving our country...

Think of our own Animal athletes who have surpassed accidents or surgeries that would have left most bed ridden and depressed... Patrick with his back surgery, Frank and his car accident, Brandon and his surgeries. Think of how these men have motivated people, inspired them with their drive, their passion, and their warrior souls that would not let them give up. That's wht this team is about...

Contact them. Have someone bench, someone deadlift, and someone squat... Think of how awe inspiring it would be, how awesome it would be to give them the opportunity that many an athlete would kill to have-to lift in the Cage, with the best... Well aren't these people setting themselves apart by not giving up?

Just my thoughts.

http://www.rogueamericanapparel.com/blog/some-assembly-required/

Veterans, fire fighters, civil servants...

Teamsomeassemblyrequired.com

Kowboy
02-13-15, 11:56 am
http://www.rogueamericanapparel.com/blog/some-assembly-required/

Veterans, fire fighters, civil servants...

Teamsomeassemblyrequired.com

These people are badass, I have watched them compete before.

naturalguy
02-13-15, 12:42 pm

Just my thoughts.

Those people are amazing and inspiring

MAB
02-13-15, 12:55 pm
These people are badass, I have watched them compete before.

Those people are amazing and inspiring

My points exactly. They would be phenomenal Cage lifters.

Kowboy
02-13-15, 1:08 pm
Rob (knotahumanbeing) knows Rogue American pretty well... I am sure he could set it up.