PDA

View Full Version : Natural Sterol Complex while cutting

rmt0512
01-30-15, 1:04 pm
Sup guys,

Would taking NSC during a cut be detrimental to your overall goal of losing body fat? Let me give you a little back story. 29 years old, lifting for 7-8 years, currently cutting and on week 3. My caloric deficit is such that I should be losing 1-2 pounds a week, and I've upped my cardio (steady state to HIIT). After nearly 3 weeks, my weight has maintained the same. I could drop more daily calories, but fear that would be going too low too soon, sacrificing muscle in the long run. I've been on NSC for about 6-7 weeks and planned on continuing throughout at least half my cut in order to maintain established muscle mass, but it could be the cause of my weight plateau.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Firefist
01-30-15, 1:09 pm
NSC is great year round brother. I think its one of the most cost effective supps on the market.

rmt0512
01-30-15, 1:17 pm
NSC is great year round brother. I think its one of the most cost effective supps on the market.

So you wouldn't see it as an issue to take while cutting?

Swolepez
01-30-15, 1:21 pm
So you wouldn't see it as an issue to take while cutting?

I think it would very beneficial during a cut...during a time where your eating lower amounts of cals and probably carbs and muscles are feeling flat, NSC can help with strength and muscle density...also you may notice an increase in recovery and/or energy...

Animal Rep
01-30-15, 1:25 pm
I think it would very beneficial during a cut...during a time where your eating lower amounts of cals and probably carbs and muscles are feeling flat, NSC can help with strength and muscle density...also you may notice an increase in recovery and/or energy...

you're absolutely right, used for that exact purpose here in the office. It always keeps you fuller. Blows me away how relatively unknown this supp still is, especially among younger guys.

Aggression
01-30-15, 1:29 pm
If your weight have remained the same over the last 3 weeks, then you either need to lower the amount of calories you consume or increase the amount of calories you burn. No other way. Keeping NSC in there shouldn't have any impact on your ability to drop fat

rmt0512
01-30-15, 2:36 pm
Thanks everyone for the quick response. I'll drop calories and see where that gets me.

Follow up question, does NSC need to be cycled? Again, been on it for 6-7 weeks now.

Thanks again.

J-Dawg
02-03-15, 9:25 am
Thanks everyone for the quick response. I'll drop calories and see where that gets me.

Follow up question, does NSC need to be cycled? Again, been on it for 6-7 weeks now.

Thanks again.

With NSC, I'd suggest using it for up to a max of 8 weeks and cycling off for 3-4 weeks.

Appollonian
02-03-15, 10:18 am
With NSC, I'd suggest using it for up to a max of 8 weeks and cycling off for 3-4 weeks.

This sounds good. I usually do 2 on/2 off, then 3 on/1 off.

MELTDOWN
02-03-15, 2:19 pm
NSC is definitely a sleeper in the UN / Animal family. Used it for years and is a staple on the supplement list.
Each body & system is different, of course, but mine reacts well to 2 tubs (60 days) on and then 5 weeks off.

Been that way for years and years..... me likes.

PA Kodiak
10-01-15, 8:00 am
Natural Sterol Complex is hands down my favorite Universal product. It's also probably the most underrated. Most recently I used it during the last 8 weeks of my contest prep. I personally like to dose it 8 tabs a day; one before fasted cardio and one with every meal.