PDA

View Full Version : Pros vs. Bros: 2015

G Diesel
02-16-15, 5:05 pm
I hear it is on the slate this year as the last event of The Cage. Sunday afternoon.

Who wants to do battle for honor alone, within the chain link arena?

Peace, G

freighttraindane
02-16-15, 5:09 pm
I hear it is on the slate this year as the last event of The Cage. Sunday afternoon.

Peace, G

No better feeling than strapping it up inside the fence with the crowd going wild.

Rhino
02-16-15, 5:35 pm

Peace, G

This is truly my favorite way for the Arnold to end.

knotahumanbeing
02-16-15, 5:40 pm
I'm in. I'd definitely be up for deadlifting again, provided my finger is fully healed.

Firefist
02-16-15, 7:12 pm
Definitely in to see Rob in there tearing weight off the floor and I wanna see my boy tark up in there squatting.

GUNS
02-16-15, 9:40 pm
Definitely my greatest moments in the Cage!

BamBam
02-17-15, 8:50 am
All I'm gonna say..

Bring it. Your boy BAMBAM is ready to DO WORK.

smoothballer
02-17-15, 8:53 am
Definitely in to see Rob in there tearing weight off the floor and I wanna see my boy tark up in there squatting.

You are the definition of giving your all in this event. Blacked Out On The Floor To Get That Last Rep

naturalguy
02-17-15, 8:57 am
Pros vs Bros is one of the best events of the whole weekend

freighttraindane
02-17-15, 9:09 am
Pros vs Bros is one of the best events of the whole weekend

Will we FINALLY see the widely discussed NG vs JDawg battle??

naturalguy
02-17-15, 9:37 am

Probably not, he has been ducking me for 7 years now

HIGA MONSTER
02-17-15, 11:17 am
All I'm gonna say..

Bring it. Your boy BAMBAM is ready to DO WORK.
Won't you be tired from the ABC the night prior?

J-Dawg
02-17-15, 11:31 am

Probably not, he has been ducking me for 7 years now

NG has come up with an excuse every year. He knows I'm ready to go head to head in deads.

freighttraindane
02-17-15, 11:32 am
NG has come up with an excuse every year. He knows I'm ready to go head to head in deads.

Sounds like he is accepting the challenge NG, are you?

naturalguy
02-17-15, 11:39 am
Sounds like he is accepting the challenge NG, are you?

He will never agree to my terms..........................

J Wong
02-17-15, 12:09 pm
NG vs J-Dawg

Don't be scared homies.

BamBam
02-17-15, 12:11 pm
Won't you be tired from the ABC the night prior?

What is this word... "tired?"

You must not know who I am when it comes to bringing my best to the Caged arena..

Kowboy
02-17-15, 12:13 pm
Depending on the time I am down for anything but squats haha

CammaRHINO
02-17-15, 12:23 pm
1. Animal Rep
2. Freighttraindane

1. Animal Rep
2. Freighttraindane
3. CammaRHINO

Kowboy
02-17-15, 12:59 pm
1. Animal Rep
2. Freighttraindane
3. CammaRHINO
4. Trebin

PS, I am helping slater run the MAS Finals but it is at 11:30 so I should be done before Pros vs Bros. I def want in....

freighttraindane
02-17-15, 2:04 pm
1. Animal Rep
2. Freighttraindane
3. CammaRHINO
4. Trebin

PS, I am helping slater run the MAS Finals but it is at 11:30 so I should be done before Pros vs Bros. I def want in....

This list was for people trying to petition to get the NG v JDawg battle going, somehow Animal Rep pulled the post which leads me to believe this once again isn't going down

Animal Rep
02-17-15, 2:09 pm
This list was for people trying to petition to get the NG v JDawg battle going, somehow Animal Rep pulled the post which leads me to believe this once again isn't going down

yeah SOMEONE keeps taking it down. I tried bros, I tried.

freighttraindane
02-17-15, 2:10 pm
yeah SOMEONE keeps taking it down. I tried bros, I tried.

HAHAHAHA tough to poke the bear if the bear keeps taking the stick

sgerwel1985
02-17-15, 2:29 pm

Peace, G

Do you have a rough idea as to when in the afternoon? Was planning on leaving Sunday morning, but i may be interested in staying a little longer and embarrassing myself before making the drive back to Pittsburgh!

freighttraindane
02-17-15, 2:32 pm
Do you have a rough idea as to when in the afternoon? Was planning on leaving Sunday morning, but i may be interested in staying a little longer and embarrassing myself before making the drive back to Pittsburgh!

It is the last event before the expo closes, So probably somewhere around 3 or 4pm

sgerwel1985
02-17-15, 2:35 pm
It is the last event before the expo closes, So probably somewhere around 3 or 4pm

I'll need to get my permission slip signed by my wife... I shall return with a definitive answer regarding any potential eligibility!

eric downey
02-17-15, 4:31 pm
Bring on GUNZ

500 for reps

BringTheCarnage
02-17-15, 4:32 pm
unfortunately they are usally way to busy making everything run behind the scenes to do this I would say, they are both beast now a days though JDawg has Made some massive improvements since I first met him!

knotahumanbeing
02-17-15, 10:19 pm
Screw it, my hats in the ring, fuck this finger. Let's do it

Rob

GUNS
02-17-15, 10:23 pm
NG vs J-Dawg

Don't be scared homies.

Full power body weight for reps! Squat/Press/Pull, all body weight for max reps! Yep, this needs to go down!

knotahumanbeing
02-17-15, 11:26 pm
Full power body weight for reps! Squat/Press/Pull, all body weight for max reps! Yep, this needs to go down!

Hell yeah! Now that sound interesting!

Kowboy
02-18-15, 8:39 am
Hell yeah! Now that sound interesting!

That could be good, would certainly be a good mix of power and endurance.

HIGA MONSTER
02-18-15, 11:59 am
I am down for anything but squats haha
NEVER SKIP LEG DAY...PERIOD

You just lost some Street Cred

Kowboy
02-18-15, 12:26 pm
NEVER SKIP LEG DAY...PERIOD

You just lost some Street Cred

You fuckers are just too strong for me haha. I will do 315 for reps if I have to, I am just not at HIGA level yet.

Aggression
02-18-15, 3:40 pm
Always a favorite in the Cage. Good luck to all those competing.

BamBam
02-18-15, 3:55 pm
You fuckers are just too strong for me haha. I will do 315 for reps if I have to, I am just not at HIGA level yet.

He is all smoke and mirrors.. haha.. Hawaiin magic.

Hope I get back in the mix again.. me and Nix and one or 2 others doing bench squat deals and overhead vs whoever..

Everyone talking about natural guy and jdawg but nobody wants to step up and claim theirs.

Nix0r
02-18-15, 4:41 pm
He is all smoke and mirrors.. haha.. Hawaiin magic.

Hope I get back in the mix again.. me and Nix and one or 2 others doing bench squat deals and overhead vs whoever..

Everyone talking about natural guy and jdawg but nobody wants to step up and claim theirs.

I'm in for side laterals and calf raises.

BamBam
02-18-15, 9:12 pm
I'm in for side laterals and calf raises.

Will there be a mirror?

Nix0r
02-18-15, 10:25 pm
Will there be a mirror?

At our hotel? Certainly.

Christman
02-19-15, 11:06 am
I'd love to get in on the bench press portion of this event this year.

J_g8433
02-19-15, 12:10 pm
I'm new to the forum and it's my first year going to the arnold, but I'd love to get in the cage and deadlift.

BamBam
02-19-15, 2:41 pm
I'd love to get in on the bench press portion of this event this year.

I'm new to the forum and it's my first year going to the arnold, but I'd love to get in the cage and deadlift.

There ya go fellas.. way to step up! I'm pumped. Hope it works out.

tark
02-19-15, 6:19 pm

Damn got thrown out there like that lol....guess you guys can count me in...squat or pull

Firefist
02-19-15, 9:44 pm
Damn got thrown out there like that lol....guess you guys can count me in...squat or pull

Haha wouldn't do it if I thought you weren't gonna fuck shit up. I wanna see my boy get his shine on.

tark
02-20-15, 9:47 pm
Haha wouldn't do it if I thought you weren't gonna fuck shit up. I wanna see my boy get his shine on.

appreciate that more than you know homie!... ohio against the world!

Kowboy
02-20-15, 11:18 pm
This has me jacked up man, I may not have the biggest pull but I think I got the engine to hang w/ some numbers. See if me and Rob can make each other puke....ill go until I fall over.

KBrown
02-23-15, 3:50 pm
I am in for Bench.
Bros vs Pros.

KBrown
02-23-15, 3:59 pm
I am in for Bench.
Bros vs Pros.

Correction I am down for Bros vs Pros if its actually lifting weights. I am not about to see how many times i can bounce 225 off my chest...
Confused based on some of the videos I am pulling up.

BamBam
02-24-15, 5:05 pm
I posted this on my FB.. but give me Jason Huh...

Would be awesome to go toe to toe with the "Work Fucking Harder" man himself.

May have my ass handed to me by someone.. but you will bleed to beat me.

Animal Rep
03-02-15, 1:11 pm
Here's how its gonna go down Sunday afternoon fellas:

Deads 405 for reps
Squats 315 for reps
Bench 225 for reps

Everyone has until 12 noon this Wednesday to sign up here on this thread which lift/s you'll be throwing down in.

Who's in?

Kowboy
03-02-15, 1:16 pm
I am down for it, is it still one person does each lift or is this each person does all the lifts?

BamBam
03-02-15, 1:24 pm
All lifts... fuck it.

Go big or don't even show up

P Diesel
03-02-15, 1:41 pm
Correction I am down for Bros vs Pros if its actually lifting weights. I am not about to see how many times i can bounce 225 off my chest...
Confused based on some of the videos I am pulling up.

u can't control what anyone else does, if u wanna hold urself to a higher standard then do so.

P

Animal Rep
03-02-15, 2:55 pm
you can choose to do one or all three its up to you.

knotahumanbeing
03-02-15, 3:41 pm
I'm in...last year I pulled 325 for 45...hmm ???

405 x 20 or 500 x 12 or 600 x 5? Ante up..

tark
03-02-15, 9:10 pm
I'm in to just pull...gotta squat Friday night and I am in meet prep so that is a little bit more important at the moment

D-NUTZ
03-02-15, 9:49 pm

Deads 405 for reps
Squats 315 for reps
Bench 225 for reps

Everyone has until 12 noon this Wednesday to sign up here on this thread which lift/s you'll be throwing down in.

Who's in?

Jeeze....

Any chance for a wrist curl comp?

Christman
03-02-15, 10:32 pm
I'm in for bench, its has really come a long way over the past year. Would love to give it a go.

Kowboy
03-02-15, 10:42 pm
I'm in...last year I pulled 325 for 45...hmm ???

405 x 20 or 500 x 12 or 600 x 5? Ante up..

I think I could hit 405 x 10 - 15 on a good day...

smoothballer
03-03-15, 7:19 am
Jeeze....

Any chance for a wrist curl comp?

D-NUTZ vs Wrath it is then....

P Diesel
03-03-15, 11:35 am

yikes!

P

knotahumanbeing
03-03-15, 1:02 pm
All lifts... fuck it.

Go big or don't even show up

Alright...a little iron man event? I'm down with it

Kowboy
03-03-15, 1:11 pm
Could be a good time

HIGA MONSTER
03-04-15, 1:27 am
I think I could hit 405 x 10 - 15 on a good day...
If you lift in The Cage...it better be a good day.

No JV lifters allowed in The Cage.
This is the real deal...so man the fuck up, son.

;)

D-NUTZ
03-04-15, 2:06 pm

yikes!

P

Well that escalated quickly..

rudyn14
03-04-15, 6:04 pm

Deads 405 for reps
Squats 315 for reps
Bench 225 for reps

Who's in?

I'm in for bench if u guys still need someone

ChrisRoth
03-05-15, 9:57 am
I'm looking forward to finally seeing the CAGE events in person! I can't wait to watch and try the deadlift for reps... See you all soon!

HIGA MONSTER
03-05-15, 11:40 am
I'm looking forward to finally seeing the CAGE events in person! I can't wait to watch and try the deadlift for reps... See you all soon!
I can vouch for Chris Roth.

Kid is a BEAST. He has competed in a few Strongman contests here in Washington and Oregon.
Would love to see him do the Deadlift for reps!

J_g8433
03-06-15, 12:38 pm

Deads 405 for reps
Squats 315 for reps
Bench 225 for reps

Who's in?

I posted earlier.... I'm still down for deadlifts. I think I can pull 405 for at least 20, especially after watching Higa kill it today

tark
03-09-15, 1:11 pm
Chris with that hook grip was insane! What a performance!

Razor
03-09-15, 4:46 pm
This event was insane to start off. I mean tark and rob going head to head, balls out, faces red gushing with sweat it was nuts. Then the bench, then the deadlift! With the late additions haha. It was so awesome and what a way to end another amazing weekend. Thanks to you guys that competed!

ChrisRoth
03-09-15, 4:59 pm
Chris with that hook grip was insane! What a performance!

Thanks, tark... I appreciate it!

HIGA MONSTER
03-09-15, 7:49 pm
Tough to do, but I was willing to step up when G Diesel asked me to do Pros vs Bros deadlifts.
Especially after I deadlifted on Friday.

But that's what makes The Cage unique...LIFT AT ALL COSTS!
Hat's off to my boy, Chris Roth. He is a beast that I have known for years and knew he was gonna be tough in the Deadlift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjNAqYp09w8

Enforcer
03-09-15, 10:18 pm
Big ups and much respect to all those who competed in the Pros vs. Bros event in the Cage. I have done it in the past and it can be an overwhelming experience to have to lift on such a big stage.

tark
03-09-15, 10:31 pm
Big ups and much respect to all those who competed in the Pros vs. Bros event in the Cage. I have done it in the past and it can be an overwhelming experience to have to lift on such a big stage.

was the best experience I have had in my year of powerlifting that's for sure...to squat and pull?? shit doesn't get better than that

tark
03-09-15, 10:32 pm

got nothing but love for ya homie!! that shit was insane!

tark
03-09-15, 10:36 pm
by the way for those that didn't see my facebook or IG..my wife pulled 325 for fucking 13..shit was bananas...and then went and pulled tonight and hit 380 for a double and hit 405 for a big ass PR

naturalguy
03-10-15, 10:15 am
You guys stepped up this year, the event was great

Christman
03-10-15, 11:30 am
All the gals and guys that participated this year did some crazy shit. Thanks for the opportunity!

Firefist
03-10-15, 12:17 pm

MONSTER performance homie.

jabs2
03-10-15, 1:17 pm
Great job boys! That 500 sq for reps was awesome, balls out with nothing left in the tank you guys killed it.

I'm down for it next year if there are any challengers right now :) It's a year away but I am in. I'm recovering from shoulder surgery at the moment but if there are any 198 lifters open for a challenges lets do it.

Stats :198 lifter, 525sq (sleeves), 315 b, 560d. We can do reps or max weight, let me know!

tark
03-10-15, 2:36 pm
Great job boys! That 500 sq for reps was awesome, balls out with nothing left in the tank you guys killed it.

I'm down for it next year if there are any challengers right now :) It's a year away but I am in. I'm recovering from shoulder surgery at the moment but if there are any 198 lifters open for a challenges lets do it.

Stats :198 lifter, 525sq (sleeves), 315 b, 560d. We can do reps or max weight, let me know!

I'll be a 198er at the end of this year and I'll be down again to squat and pull 500 for reps again or go a little bigger and go 550 for reps

jabs2
03-10-15, 2:52 pm
I'll be a 198er at the end of this year and I'll be down again to squat and pull 500 for reps again or go a little bigger and go 550 for reps
See how my rehab process goes but I'm in! You will smoke me thus far but I like a challenge. If rehab is slower than expected I'll be in for 405x reps with sleeves as I am not scheduled to start training till August. Thanks for the reply!

tark
03-10-15, 3:10 pm
See how my rehab process goes but I'm in! You will smoke me thus far but I like a challenge. If rehab is slower than expected I'll be in for 405x reps with sleeves as I am not scheduled to start training till August. Thanks for the reply!

Honestly man its not even about winning..it's just about sharing the experience with each other and pushing ourselves on that day to be the best we can be!

G Diesel
03-10-15, 4:59 pm
Shout to my attorney, the Byrd Man for stepping up and doing battle sans warm-ups.

Chris, Tark, Knot, Higa, Domichi, Jimmy, etc. You guys all killed it. Very impressive. Way to air it out on the big stage.

Peace, G

knotahumanbeing
03-10-15, 8:28 pm
Thank you so much for this opportunity. To be able share the "stage" with my brothers and some of the strongest guys in the world is an honor. No other company out there allows you to be a part of the family, from just interning to the ABC to the Pros vs Bros. Animal is more than just a brand or a product, it goes deeper than any of that. I'm grateful to be a part of this family. I'll gladly step up anytime. Salute.

Rob

ChrisRoth
03-11-15, 5:47 pm
Tough to do, but I was willing to step up when G Diesel asked me to do Pros vs Bros deadlifts.
Especially after I deadlifted on Friday.

But that's what makes The Cage unique...LIFT AT ALL COSTS!
Hat's off to my boy, Chris Roth. He is a beast that I have known for years and knew he was gonna be tough in the Deadlift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjNAqYp09w8

Thanks for the words, Higa! That means a lot.

ChrisRoth
03-11-15, 5:49 pm
Shout to my attorney, the Byrd Man for stepping up and doing battle sans warm-ups.

Chris, Tark, Knot, Higa, Domichi, Jimmy, etc. You guys all killed it. Very impressive. Way to air it out on the big stage.

Peace, G

That bench battle was awesome to watch! Thanks for the chance to deadlift in the CAGE -what a cool experience!

HIGA MONSTER
03-13-15, 1:21 am
Thanks for the words, Higa! That means a lot.
You know it brother...GO BEAVS

MR. C
03-25-15, 12:35 pm
Very impressive!

RobDaSavage
04-16-15, 5:26 pm
Would anybody have an idea when the sign up for these challenges starts? I'm Down for the get down haha.

tark
04-16-15, 7:36 pm
Would anybody have an idea when the sign up for these challenges starts? I'm Down for the get down haha.

Hell yea my man...they will have sign ups again closer to the Arnold next March so definitely be on the look out for it

RobDaSavage
04-20-15, 3:46 pm
Hell yea my man...they will have sign ups again closer to the Arnold next March so definitely be on the look out for it

I will for sure. Im looking to place high enough in the USAPL national meet to get an invite to the Arnold. I want to to as much stuff as I can that weekend. Never been out of Texas so its gonna be a bizy year.