PDA

View Full Version : Getting My Life Back On Track!

JRNY2FIT
02-23-15, 7:43 pm
This post represents the start to a huge change in my life. 9 Years ago I joined the US Army and spent 4 years and 1, 15 month tour in Iraq with the 101st airborne. I was in great shape and went to work for a retail nutrition company. I spent the next 4 years moving around the country fixing stores and helping people fix their lives with health and wellness. During the last year I have let myself go and gained over 50 lbs. My life has shifted completely for the worse and now it is time to make a positive change with the iron. Using the FORUM support I will fix myself. I have to make changes for the better and strive to do for myself what I have for so long done for others. The next few months will be recorded as my journey and I welcome all of your support on this journey. I welcome any advice or support from here on out. I plan on going with an incredibly low carb style diet. This along with 2 workouts a day for the first 30 days should give me a jump start. I have a solid muscle base as I used to have a 32 inch waist and 18.5 inch arms, but have always been chunky in the midsection. Hopefully the muscle will come back quickly and I can focus on losing fat.

Thoughts?

Current Stats:
Weight - 250
Height - 5'9"
Waist - 36
Bicep - 16.5
Body Fat - 26%

JRNY2FIT
02-23-15, 8:01 pm
Starting tomorrow my diet will be as follows:

4:00 AM - BCAA, Glutamine, 30G Whey iso shake
4:30 AM - 5 egg omlet with spinach and cheese
8:00 AM - Whey Iso shake 30g P 2g C 0g F
11:00 AM - 6-8 oz tilapia and broccoli
2:00 PM - Whey Iso Shake 30g P 2g C 0g F
5:00 PM - Whey Iso 15g Pre Workout Creatine Vitargo
6:30 PM - 8 oz Steak and broccoli
9:00 PM - Cottage Cheese + 1/2 tomato

Please help me out if you have ideas/suggestions/changes to help me be more successful!

JRNY2FIT
02-24-15, 5:39 am
Today's workout ended up being a morning workout. It is 33 degrees in Houston so the gym was absolutely empty. It was like I was the last person left on earth and all I had to do was work out. No one on any equipment just 2 or 3 of the iron brothers who braved the sleet and storm to lift. It was absolutely amazing to just go balls to the walls with no one around and only the weights to hear me.

Pectoral Flys - 9 sets of 15
Flat Bench - 5 sets of 12
Incline DB - 5 sets of 8
Decline Smith - 5 sets of 12
Dips - 5 sets of 8
Pushdowns - 3 sets of 30 (Extended rope)
Pushdowns - 3 sets of 10 (Heavy)
Close Grip Bench - 5 sets of 8

2 sets of tabada rope - 8 min

Tonight I will have another workout and cardio session

JRNY2FIT
02-24-15, 7:13 pm
Man the first days of a transformation are the hardest. I stuck to steak and broccoli tonight but it took everything I had not to go destroy 20 bww wings for 50 cents each lol. Easy to say no to bad habits when I can log on here and read all of the articles and journey stories.