PDA

View Full Version : Chop's Training Log

Chop
02-27-15, 8:54 am
I never logged my training. I never logged my nutrition. But, I'm older and have kids. They have questions and are curious about training. I want to leave them a blueprint when I'm gone. I want to give them some sense of direction when they have questions and I'm not there to answer them. The Forum. To me, there is no better place to post my training...

I train weight train everyday, splitting up body parts (ie - Chest/Back/Shoulders/Arms/Legs). Abs and Calves are trained everyday, except on Back and Leg day. My cardio is performed 3-4 times per week (30-35 minute sessions - boxing/kicks/core)...

I eat clean and cheat very rarely. I recently bought a six-pack bag which makes taking my food to work and food prep easier. Most of my food consumption surrounds chicken breasts/thighs, lean ground turkey, eggs, fish, white rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, natural peanut butter, asparagus and spinich. I don't eat a lot of variety, but I do rotate my food choices...

The only supplements I use are Animal Pak, Whey Protein and Glutamine. I'm a huge believer in whole food intake for nutritional needs...

I'll be posting my training and food intake daily. What I post is what I lift and eat. No bullshit. I welcome any comments or suggestions to my log. I'm 44 years young and never to old to learn from anyone...

Chop

Chop
03-02-15, 9:09 am
Started out the morning with 1/2 cup Oatmeal mixed with 1-1/2 scoops of Chocolate Whey, Glutamine and 1 scoop of Natural Peanut Butter. I gotta thank Frank and Antoine for this one. Fuckin' nutritious and tasty as hell...

My next two meals were 8oz of Chicken Breast/Chicken Thighs with 1 cup of Baked Sweet Potatoes and 1/2 cup of Asparagus. I like mixing the white/dark chicken meat. I feel fuller after each meal and my body seems to be responding...

Hit the gym after work and crushed my back...

~ Pullups (varried grips for 30 total reps)

~ Wide Grip Pulldowns (4-5 sets)
~ Barbell Rows (4-5 sets)
~ Seated Cable Rows (4-5 sets)
~ Dumbell Rows (4-5 sets)

Post workout meal was Chicken Breast/Chicken Thighs and 1 cup White Rice with Local Folks Hot Sauce...

My last two meals were 8oz of Lean/Extra Lean Ground Turkey and Asparagus...

My vice is coffee, but I stick it to 10oz throughout the day. I also flush my system with at least a gallon of water. Makes me piss a lot...

Chop

Alpha Bench
03-02-15, 11:12 am
Good stuff here

Chop
03-03-15, 8:29 am
I seriously hate it when my training day gets fucked up. This has nothing to do with the actual training and lifting of the weights. It has everything to do with meal timing. I had to train late last night and had my last carb meal before bed. I never like doing this. I know in the long run it's not going to effect me that much. For me, I sleep better on a carb depleted stomach...

My first meal of the day was the old Wrath Special of oatmeal, chocolate whey protein, glutamine and natural peanut butter. I have my first Animal Pak with this meal...

My next two meals were chicken thighs, sweet potatoes and asparagus. I cook my sweet potatoes in coconut oil, paprika, cayenne pepper and garlic. If anyone wants the recipe, I'll make a post about it...

Meal four was ground bison and steamed broccoli...

Since I didn't lift until about 9pm last night, I ate a small serving of lean ground turkey and rice about an hour before training...

Bicep/Tricep Training:

~ Cambered Preacher Bar Curls
~ Skullcrushers
~ Close Grip Bench Press

~ Preacher Curls
~ Rope Pressdowns

~ Dumbbell Curls
~ Overhead Rope Extensions

~ Isolation Curls (Preacher Bench)

If I grouped these exercises together they were supersetted. I did 3 sets per superset and kept my rep range between 10-12...

My last meal was three egg whites, two whole eggs, 3oz top sirloin, white rice and some Frank's Red Hot. Like I said before, family stuff got in the way and I had to train late. I normally go to bed on a carb depleted stomach, but sometimes shit gets fucked up. I'll live...

Chop

PS - Thanks Alpha Bench for checkin' the log out!

Chop
03-04-15, 8:55 am
Ahhh life in the North Country! That's the one thing about livin' in a northern state in America, the cold weather never seems to go away. But, you get used to it. Fuck it becomes your life to a certain extent. Anyways, I started off the day right with 6 eggs, 2 slices of Ezekiel Bread, some coffee and my Animal Pak...

It was an off day from work, so after gettin' some shit done around the house, I hit my next two meals of lean ground turkey, sweet potatoes and asparagus...

Late afternoon, I trained Legs at my gym...

~ Leg Extensions (pre-exhaust for 3 sets and I don't count reps)

~ Squat (5 sets)
~ Leg Press (5 sets)
~ Hack Squat (5 sets)
~ Leg Extension (3 sets)

My post workout meal was chicken thighs and rice. Ate this at home while I was makin' dinner for my kids...

My last meal was some egg whites and some mixed green vegetables. Added some Local Folks hot sauce for taste. Fell asleep with my wife while she was watching her reality TV shows. I hate that shit man, but she loves it...

Chop

Chop
03-06-15, 8:58 am
After getting my kids off to school yesterday, I went back to bed for awhile. Just felt tired and needed another hour of sleep before I trained. So, in lifestyle fashion, I ate some Oatmeal Surprise, downed an Animal Pak and went back to bed...

Woke up about an hour and a half later and headed into the gym...

~ Incline Hammer Press (4 sets)
~ Incline Dumbell Press - 30 degree (4 sets)
~ Close Grip Bench Press (4 sets)
~ Dumbbell Pullovers (4 sets)
~ Cable Crossovers (4 sets)

I then did the following routine for abdominals - one massive giant set...

~ Cable Crunches
~ Incline Situps
~ Hanging Leg Raises
~ Lying Leg Raises
~ Ab Roller

Afterward, I headed back home for my post workout meal of chicken thighs, rice and asparagus...

My next two meals were chicken breast with asparagus. Had my second Animal Pak with my fourth meal...

My last meal was a steak scramble with green onions, asparagus and tomatos...

Chop

Chop
03-10-15, 6:55 pm
Had a few days off, due to a pinched nerve in my neck and a sore upper back muscle. Amazing how I could fight through those things and train when I was in my twenties. Now as I slide into my mid forties, I need to rest and heal so I don't injure myself further.

Anyways, I started off the day with 6 Eggs, 2 slices of Ezekiel Bread and some Natural Peanut Butter...

Another off day from work had me picking up dog shit in the yard. Good times...

My next two meals were Lean Ground Turkey, Sweet Potatoes and Spinich. Also took my Animal Pak with these meals...

Headed into the gym with a Black Crowes mix and hammered out shoulders...

~ Rear Machine Delts (4 sets)
~ Rear Cable Delts (4 sets)
~ Arnold Press (4 sets)
~ Plate Loaded Shoulder Press (4 sets)
~ Standing Side Lateral Raise (4 sets)
~ Seated Side Lateral Raise (4 sets)

My post workout meal was 2 Eggs, 4 Egg Whites, White Rice, Green Onions, Asparagus mixed together with some Frank's Red Hot...

My last meal today will be Lean Ground Turkey and some mixed Green Veggies in a bowl...

Back to my morning cardio tomorrow and weights in the afternoon...

Chop