PDA

View Full Version : Hood set *motivational read* get it in there

The House
02-28-15, 7:23 pm
Hood set
1000 feet underground picking away and moving mother earth trying to make a living. Dark, cold, wet and danger all around I punch the clock each day cashing in hard time for a buck. It's not a glorious job but it is a honest job. Mining that coal in the face of chaos is my trade and I would not trade it for anything. After a long nights work and ascending from the dark hole in the ground I make my way to the gym. Coal dirt still under my nails and war paint of coal on my face I step foot back into the human world and start to pound some weights. It's not a easy task after a long night of work. Most man would call it a day and head home to sleep away the day, but some a few men, man the fuck up and get it in there and take on the weights. It's always hard to get started your muscles are still cold and tight from being in the cold all night but once you get a few sets in and the coffee enters your blood you are ready for the ride. I like to start my training off with some foreplay lite sets to lubricate my joints and then work my way up to the Big Bang set. On this day I started in the squat rack with one wheel on each side I played around with it then added two wheels, three, then four. Once I get around four I start to get serious and start to do my working sets. When I get to my working sets I do around 8-12 reps usually four sets. Well on this day I was feeling pretty good so I decided to do a hood set. A hood set you might ask wtf is a hood set. A hood set is a set where I go into beast mode and go above and beyond my normal strength so I need to focus all my energy and strength into the lift. So I put my fucking hood up to cover my eyes so I can't see the pain and put my head down low turn up my music so I can't hear the pain. It's so much chaos that it's calm. I can't even feel my heart beat when I tear into the task at hand. A hood set is serious business. I dont get hood sets every day but when I need to dig deep I throw my hood up and that means it's game time. It's funny because my training partner one day asked me what I was doing I told him it's my hood set so man the fuck up. anytime I put it up he knows something is going to get fucked up it could be me or the weights one is going to give. So the next time you are going for a pr or even just set that you are going to rock try putting your hood up and seeing how it will make you stronger and feel like you fucking own the weights. One time I put my hood up and the weights just started to shake and lifting themselves. That's how serious a hood set is for me. So If you see me in the gym with my hood up you better watch out because some shit is going down. Get you hood set in today and you will be stronger for it. #hoodset post some good pics of the chaos and your hood sets

freighttraindane
02-28-15, 7:44 pm
Love this House! Going for some good sets in the AM for sure. Thanks for posting!

The House
02-28-15, 8:01 pm
Love this House! Going for some good sets in the AM for sure. Thanks for posting!

Get it in there hood up eyes down

freighttraindane
02-28-15, 8:18 pm
Get it in there hood up eyes down

No doubt, love the calm within the craziness

smoothballer
02-28-15, 9:40 pm
Fuck Yes House. I am glad to see you around these parts again. I knew you never left the lifestyle and we all have that moment when the Rage builds deep inside and only only way to release it is heavy ass weights.

HIGA MONSTER
03-01-15, 12:07 am
Fuck yeah...The House returns with a great visual.

"Hood set" needs to be in the Urban Dictionary.
I love that term, bro!

Hope all is well,
HIGA MONSTER

The House
03-02-15, 2:57 pm
My hood was up today was yours. Chest hood set "do you hood"

freighttraindane
03-02-15, 3:01 pm
yesterday was a Cardio and block pull hood set for me. Cardio because I'm on a mission to lose weight and cut fat and last set of deadlift block pulls, the hood set was needed

naturalguy
03-02-15, 4:45 pm
Awesome brother, great to see you posting here again!

Swolepez
03-02-15, 5:15 pm
I'm glad to see you posting again! You are a big motivation to me on not only being a bodybuilder but a family man first....I hope all is well with you and your family!

Firefist
03-02-15, 7:20 pm
Glad to see you back here house. You continue to lead by example, in and out of the sport.

Razor
03-03-15, 8:10 am
Great post bro! The man is back.

Madcat
03-03-15, 10:54 am
The local, love following you on Instagram and seeing the kids and you in reality. Love reading your words as they hit home for so many blue collar people on here. Nothing glorious nothing coated with fame, glitz, and glamor, just real life from a small OH town.

Posts like this are what makes us "US", what brings Animal back to us, where it all started.

The respect I have for you is unreal, I know you're priorities are right, and I know what matters in life to you. I will never be you, but I will be sure to model much of my life after yours, getting to the gym before work so my wife can go after our little guys goes to bed, even if that means sleeping 4-5 hours. Doing the little things for the wife and kid(soon to be plural) when it matters. Being a parent, husband, and still living to fulfill the need to better yourself.

Much respect House.