PDA

View Full Version : Injured and pissed

B.S.
03-06-15, 12:41 pm
Well guys,
For the first time I got a serious injury and I can't lift. Has anyone had a full knee replacement? I tore my acl lcl and meniscus. My question to you is how do I stay motivated? Should I try to keep a routine just usingn machines and not doing legs? If so can somebody help me out with a routine?

Thanks,
Brock

GunRock
03-06-15, 7:48 pm
Well guys,
For the first time I got a serious injury and I can't lift. Has anyone had a full knee replacement? I tore my acl lcl and meniscus. My question to you is how do I stay motivated? Should I try to keep a routine just usingn machines and not doing legs? If so can somebody help me out with a routine?

Thanks,
Brock

This is a definite Brandon Lilly question. But since he's probably not going to see it until after the Cage here's what I'd suggest to get you started.
Brandon Lilly: Sending A Message: http://youtu.be/uYSLHih0NOA

Brandon Lilly Talks with Mark Bell about His Return to the Platform: http://youtu.be/myhP9Zzj44A

Get well soon!!

ChuckETraps
03-12-15, 9:47 am
Well guys,

Thanks,
Brock

Damn man, first off, good luck with all your recovery and surgery. Having had no real injury experience i m not the best source of knowledge but I would have to say doing anything you can is helpful, even if it was just upper body machines for the time being. That being said good luck and keep kicking ass man, hard work pays off and tough times don't last.

P Diesel
03-12-15, 9:55 am
yea man i would def say do what u can while recovering. sumthin to keep ur sanity. know that is it not forever and ull be better for this in the end. ya gotta be smart, be diligent and stay the course. the worst thing about our bodies is that sumtimes it will give us false signals that we feel better wen we are really not. its gna take time but u will get there brother. every one of us has been there. keep us posted

P

Jay Nera
03-24-15, 11:10 pm
Well guys,

Thanks,
Brock

Dude. That is a very sad thing to hear. You must be frustrated and lost.
I know that whenever I am faced with the notion of not being able to power lift anymore or whether or not i should stop to save my china cabinet body… I always think of the other aspects of physical culture that I love.
For example, I have always been drawn to gymnastics rings and hand balancing. Kettlebell sport is also interesting… there are so many disciplines out there for out there for us to develop if we so choose. My motivation always lies in seeking something that I enjoy doing and going hard with it….whether it be a topic to read about or a physical task to accomplish. Have you ever looked up guys like littlebeastm?? He's a cool handbalancer… ido portal is a cool "mover" as well. Physical culture is so much broader than our bodybuilder/powerlifter/strongman/crossfit industries would have us believe.

skibasgym
03-29-15, 8:39 pm
Sorry to hear about your injury. Brandon Lilly is THE source for knees. I had two serious tricep and shoulder injuries. The key is to keep doing something to keep your mind from defeating you. Good luck!

B.S.
06-30-15, 3:58 pm
well this whole process being way more mentally taxing than i thought, im back in the gym moving weight around without applying much weight to my knee. still about 4 months out from being able to get back on leg and back excercises i want to do but it will come.

its amazing how something that feels like a chore most days is the thing you miss the most when you cant do it. i layed in bed for 4 weeks after surgery taking a bunch of pain pills and rarely keeping any food down. i lost 22 pounds. feeling like im starting over again.

deanna7272
06-30-15, 4:02 pm
It can feel like you are starting over, been there done that, but... This is what separates you from the masses = you ARE starting over. You didn't throw in the towel as if the couch was your destiny. Kudos...

Best of luck with that FULL recovery, day by day and you'll be back better than ever...

Jay Nera
08-27-15, 12:23 am
It can feel like you are starting over, been there done that, but... This is what separates you from the masses = you ARE starting over. You didn't throw in the towel as if the couch was your destiny. Kudos...

Best of luck with that FULL recovery, day by day and you'll be back better than ever...

^^^ yes.

Sisyphus is Smiling.

TinyHulk
09-08-15, 4:22 pm
Hey brother,

Done tore my ACL and meniscus twice. The DOC wants to go back in again to clean up another torn meniscus and drain the fluid. I have to say it is mentally the hardest challenge I have ever faced. I got back up and running and back into soccer shape (Like good enough for a 5 Minute mile and even won intramural soccer league and made the club team and WVU) I was getting ready to try for the varsity team and bam tore it all again. After the second time I gave in and lost it all, fell into some dark places. I dropped out of college with 113/120 credits for MY BS in Computer Science. Started messing around with drugs and got addicted and started entire blowing paychecks on drugs all because I was not mentally strong enough to over come this knee.

I am here to tell this one thing....THE ANIMALS ARE HERE FOR YOU AND IT DOES GET BETTER....

Keep the course and stay strong do not let this defeat you. You may be down for now you can come back Bigger, Stronger, Faster , and most important Smarter.

I let this overcome me and fell into drugs and depression...I let one injury take it all from me my education, my health, my jobs, and family all for a stupid knee which heals in time..

My Advice Brother follow the doctors orders and do what you can as this is a set back/reset to your career in the gym. I suggest you use this time to live a little reconnect with true friends and family. The IRON will wait for you as people will eventually pass out of your life. So take some time to rest up, eat up, enjoy life a little bit and, reconnect with friends and family while you recover.

Just don't let this over come you like it did me. One injury isn't worth it.

Its tough to heal but even tougher to recover from addiction...take it from some one who knows. You can lose just a few months to a year of time or you can lose years of hard work which I have...please take the better option Brother...

Ill check in later to keep and out and give advice....

-TinyHulk

-Matt

Anticipated Graduation Date: August 2016
School: UMUC University of Maryland University College
Degree: Computer Networks and Security
Certifications: CompTIA A+
Going for CompTIA Security+ Week of 9/18

Rex
09-18-15, 6:19 pm
I can´t give you any advice on your injury.

All I can say is:
If this is your passion you shouldn´t give up on it! Work on coming back and keep your passion alive.
Remind yourself why you first started and how much you have invested until this point.

Can you let all of this go and just quit? I never could...

Jay Nera
09-28-15, 1:46 pm
I can´t give you any advice on your injury.

All I can say is:
If this is your passion you shouldn´t give up on it! Work on coming back and keep your passion alive.
Remind yourself why you first started and how much you have invested until this point.

Can you let all of this go and just quit? I never could...

^^^ Rex is a wise dude.