PDA

View Full Version : Back to the drawing board

WamBam
03-28-15, 5:33 pm
First, let me start by saying i love this community. I became a member some time ago, and i fell of of updating. Although i dont know many people on here, it was still something i needed for me. For a time after my body started hitting PR's, i began to battle some sort of pneumonia. I went in for tests and the tumor on my liver had begun to reform. for about 6 months, i was off the grid. Being a Marine Corps veteran, the only way i could afford to treat myself was through the VA, which we all know is a piece of shit establishment. I fell into a dark place, where i did not think that i would come out from. I thought that this would be it, and i began to accept demise, and feel sorry for myself. My father, a special operations veteran, had a very stern talk with me. Reminded me of what i wanted to become and that giving up is not an option. I was told to "brush the sand out of my clit and carry the fuck on."

Now i know none of that has anything to do with lifting, but i needed to let that out. Now the real question.

Im chasing my 500lb deadlift, im currently pulling 475 and its not as heavy as i figured it would be. Im good with that volume. My squats are coming back as well im just happy i can squat 405 -_-. The struggle im having is my bench. My body seems to have just stopped. Its always been my weakness. Im able to pause with 250, but i wear out fast with volume, and io think its because of the pneumonia. What do you guys recommend for a bench routine if i dont currently have too much energy for accessory workouts. im still trying to build my stamina back.