PDA

View Full Version : Eaton, Ohio June ABC

MAB
03-29-15, 9:13 pm
Let me start off by saying I LOVE my Ohio Crew. We kick ass. Why do we kick ass? Bc we have passion and drive... We have fire in our eyes and desire in our hearts. What do we desire? We desire to live lives that reflect the values of Animal. We believe so much in this company and what it stands for that we go all out.

How do we go all out? We volunteer year after year to Intern in the Cage... Even when we're not picked as Interns we step up and help out, when asked and even when we're not asked. We open our homes up to other Forvm members and to Animal Athletes. We drive to airports to pick people up when flights are rerouted.

We drive to ghetto areas in New Jersey to donate clothes to natural disaster victims. We drive out to Illinois to join Animal in supporting the Special Olympics. We are constantly stepping up to the plate; volunteering to help out at meets and to help fellow athletes.

We bust our butts coordinating ABCs that are consistently growing in attendance, generating buzz about the company, and bridging gaps between the different types of fitness competitors, proving time and time again that at our very core we are all the same. Slightly crazy, but driven to improve, to learn, to grow.

There's a reason why we're called the Heartland... It's bc we have fucking heart! I am proud of my Ohio Crew.

With all that being said, I'm bringing to your attention our next ABC.

June 27th, myself and the Cincy/Dayton guys will be hosting a monster of an ABC at Eaton Barbell.

Once again we are looking to improve, to double our attendance numbers, and blow people out of the water with an experience they'll be talking about until the Cage 2016.

So please stay tuned... It's going down for real.

P Diesel
03-30-15, 10:08 am
im already lookin to come out. i know a few other athletes that have expressed interest to. don't be the one that didnt make it and has to hear stories about how wild it was.

P

P Diesel
03-30-15, 10:09 am
AJ trains at Eaton ... so i know they dont fuck around. try and get sum pictures up. ive seen sum sick ones

P

MAB
03-30-15, 11:14 am
I'll work on getting some pics up tonight. Maybe AJ can post some of his Eaton videos on here too.

knotahumanbeing
03-31-15, 3:53 am
Can't wait for this

Christman
03-31-15, 6:16 am
Only three short months away... gonna be another great ABC.

deanna7272
03-31-15, 7:41 am
It's going to be a good one...

Can't wait...

tark
03-31-15, 5:14 pm
AJ trains at Eaton ... so i know they dont fuck around. try and get sum pictures up. ive seen sum sick ones

P

on Friday when I go out to squat ill try to take some pictures for sure P ...I feel like we have a lot to offer for an ABC....2 monos, deadlift platform and deadlift bars, chains, bands, different speciality bars, power racks etc etc....plus it has that kind of nice raw feel...trust me when I tell you the people out there at eaton are excited about this!!

Animal Rep
04-21-15, 3:44 pm
My Ohio fam, how are things coming along? Tell me the good word

GunRock
05-14-15, 9:24 pm
Let me start off by saying I LOVE my Ohio Crew. We kick ass. Why do we kick ass? Bc we have passion and drive... We have fire in our eyes and desire in our hearts. What do we desire? We desire to live lives that reflect the values of Animal. We believe so much in this company and what it stands for that we go all out.

How do we go all out? We volunteer year after year to Intern in the Cage... Even when we're not picked as Interns we step up and help out, when asked and even when we're not asked. We open our homes up to other Forvm members and to Animal Athletes. We drive to airports to pick people up when flights are rerouted.

We drive to ghetto areas in New Jersey to donate clothes to natural disaster victims. We drive out to Illinois to join Animal in supporting the Special Olympics. We are constantly stepping up to the plate; volunteering to help out at meets and to help fellow athletes.

We bust our butts coordinating ABCs that are consistently growing in attendance, generating buzz about the company, and bridging gaps between the different types of fitness competitors, proving time and time again that at our very core we are all the same. Slightly crazy, but driven to improve, to learn, to grow.

There's a reason why we're called the Heartland... It's bc we have fucking heart! I am proud of my Ohio Crew.

With all that being said, I'm bringing to your attention our next ABC.

June 27th, myself and the Cincy/Dayton guys will be hosting a monster of an ABC at Eaton Barbell.

Once again we are looking to improve, to double our attendance numbers, and blow people out of the water with an experience they'll be talking about until the Cage 2016.

So please stay tuned... It's going down for real.

sounds like you all going to have a ball. I love watching the way the Ohio Animals get down. When I look at what I want to try to get Georgia to do, it's epitomized by the stuff you listed. This sentence especially is huge: "We drive to ghetto areas in New Jersey to donate clothes to natural disaster victims. We drive out to Illinois to join Animal in supporting the Special Olympics. We are constantly stepping up to the plate; volunteering to help out at meets and to help fellow athletes".

For real. That's what the Iron Game has always been about, a community of people who the rest of the world doesn't quite understand, banding together to help each other and the rest of the world.

This summer is shaping up to be amazing. I can't be there this year because my wife and I will (God willing) either be proud parents of a newborn baby girl or I'll be coaching my wife as she delivers our daughter into the world. But I promise if that wasn't her due date, I'd be there. So guess that means you've got to do another one next year right?

MAB
05-15-15, 7:27 am
My Ohio fam, how are things coming along? Tell me the good word

Animal Rep! I've been in contact with some of the crew at corporate and I've been notified that Derek Kendall and Brandon Lilly are on the roster for this ABC. Cammarhino told me they're working on getting our man P Diesel out and that he's sending us everything but the kitchen sink! So I'm feeling pretty good about this event.

Look for social media to be blowing up soon... Once June rolls around we're planning on posting once a week to keep this fresh in everyone's minds. Food is still to be decided. The gym owner talked about a buddy who lives near by and owns a restaurant coming out and cooking for us all. I know AJ was gonna talk to him about waiving the entrance fee as well... If he agrees to that I think we should ask for donations of any amount and pick a charity to represent.

Needless to say the Ohio Crew will be busy bees once June kicks off! But I'm feeling really good about this.

MAB
05-15-15, 7:31 am
sounds like you all going to have a ball. I love watching the way the Ohio Animals get down. When I look at what I want to try to get Georgia to do, it's epitomized by the stuff you listed. This sentence especially is huge: "We drive to ghetto areas in New Jersey to donate clothes to natural disaster victims. We drive out to Illinois to join Animal in supporting the Special Olympics. We are constantly stepping up to the plate; volunteering to help out at meets and to help fellow athletes".

For real. That's what the Iron Game has always been about, a community of people who the rest of the world doesn't quite understand, banding together to help each other and the rest of the world.

This summer is shaping up to be amazing. I can't be there this year because my wife and I will (God willing) either be proud parents of a newborn baby girl or I'll be coaching my wife as she delivers our daughter into the world. But I promise if that wasn't her due date, I'd be there. So guess that means you've got to do another one next year right?

Gunrock, this totally warms my heart... Thank you for your kind words! You know the Ohio Crew will be thinking of you and your family during the ABC. We hope everything goes smoothly for you and we definitely understand that what you've got going on takes precedence over a gathering of your second family.

And you know it!! If I get my way Ohio will for sure be doing these ABCs (our June and PreCage) annually! Keep watching John, and if you need any help w anything let us know for sure!

MAB
05-23-15, 5:14 pm
Alright guys... June is around the corner. Let's get a head count going for this event!

June 27th, 2:30 at Eaton Barbell (Eaton, Ohio)

MAB

GunRock
05-23-15, 7:50 pm
Gunrock, this totally warms my heart... Thank you for your kind words! You know the Ohio Crew will be thinking of you and your family during the ABC. We hope everything goes smoothly for you and we definitely understand that what you've got going on takes precedence over a gathering of your second family.

And you know it!! If I get my way Ohio will for sure be doing these ABCs (our June and PreCage) annually! Keep watching John, and if you need any help w anything let us know for sure!

Will do Sis!

deanna7272
05-23-15, 9:18 pm

MAB
Deanna7272

MAB
06-02-15, 9:49 pm
Alright guys... Let's get this attendance list going!

I know Steve will be there and so will Rob. Both AJ and Beth Tarkany as well as the whole Eaton Barbell gym roster. Common! Corporate needs a head count 😄

Christman
06-04-15, 6:45 am

MAB
Deanna7272
Christman

MikeHerman
06-04-15, 12:13 pm
Really bummed about not being able to make this. I leave 4 days before it. I know some of the Colerain guys and gals are going to try to make it, including my younger brother, who is just now getting into the sport. Teach him well, as I know you all will.

tark
06-09-15, 7:23 pm

MAB
Deanna7272
Christman
Tark + the wifey and basically the whole eaton crew lol

tark
06-09-15, 7:24 pm
we are still currently looking at about 60 people showing up as per the FB invite so hopefully we can add some more people to get coming before our big day

deanna7272
06-09-15, 10:08 pm
we are still currently looking at about 60 people showing up as per the FB invite so hopefully we can add some more people to get coming before our big day

Hey, BTW... Thanks for the FB invite... ;-)

RedlegDbell
06-11-15, 1:05 pm

MAB
Deanna7272
Christman
Redlegdbell + "several?"

Kowboy
06-12-15, 10:01 am
the Bad Mouth Brothers and TheMiddleFingerCard.com sponsored a couple people here at work for a crossfit team on 6/27 so we are attending that...sorry guys. I really wanted to make this and throw some wraps on for squats and see what happened.

deanna7272
06-12-15, 10:43 am
the Bad Mouth Brothers and TheMiddleFingerCard.com sponsored a couple people here at work for a crossfit team on 6/27 so we are attending that...sorry guys. I really wanted to make this and throw some wraps on for squats and see what happened.

That still cracks me up... Hope it's going well... ;-)

Kowboy
06-12-15, 10:47 am
That still cracks me up... Hope it's going well... ;-)

It is slow but we are persistent and constantly improving. Just have to keep pushing it.

RedlegDbell
06-19-15, 1:23 pm

MAB
Deanna7272
Christman
Redlegdbell + "several?"

Really!?!? Where is everyone on this?

deanna7272
06-19-15, 11:39 pm
Really!?!? Where is everyone on this?

I know... AJ did say that there is a good response on FB though...

knotahumanbeing
06-20-15, 9:15 pm
MAB
Deanna7272
Christman
Redlegdbell + "several?
Knotahumanbeing +1

RedlegDbell
06-21-15, 8:21 pm

I did hear that too. Just forgot since I'm not on the Facebook I guess.

deanna7272
06-21-15, 10:17 pm
I did hear that too. Just forgot since I'm not on the Facebook I guess.

I shared and invited some folks that I knee were down that way. There were some on my friend list that said they could make it... Looks pretty good!!

CammaRHINO
06-22-15, 1:59 pm
MAB,

make sure you got some help for when UPS comes Wednesday........

P Diesel
06-22-15, 2:06 pm

Whaaaaaaa?

P

tark
06-22-15, 9:23 pm
Hey, BTW... Thanks for the FB invite... ;-)

damn it :( did I forget you D?

tark
06-22-15, 9:25 pm

we have 57 for sure coming via FB and also have 17 maybes and also know more people that have gotten with me and told me they are coming...id say we are looking at around 70

tark
06-22-15, 9:26 pm
Whaaaaaaa?

P

hahahahahha glad you said it

deanna7272
06-23-15, 9:04 am
damn it :( did I forget you D?

Uh huh... I just invited myself and some of my friends... That'll teach ya...lol

Nmowery
06-25-15, 10:59 am
I just came across this forum a couple weeks ago and saw this last week and registered immediately to throw my name on the list, but just got my account activated this morning. Anyways...I live like 20 mins from eaton so I'm definitely not going to pass up the chance to come to this. I have also have at least one more person who says he's coming with, and a couple maybes. Also, since it's not really mentioned elsewhere in the thread, is there any entrance fee for this?

Pete Rubish
06-25-15, 5:17 pm
Alright, I think I'm going to be going to this now!

deanna7272
06-25-15, 6:14 pm
Alright, I think I'm going to be going to this now!

Awesome!!!

GunRock
06-25-15, 8:50 pm
Looks like you guys have really got some momentum built up over the past few days. Good to see. I know it's going to be a great time. Can't wait to see the pics.

Enforcer
06-26-15, 7:56 am
Can't wait to see the photos from this event, I know its going to be epic, wish I could be there

RedlegDbell
06-26-15, 3:31 pm
I just came across this forum a couple weeks ago and saw this last week and registered immediately to throw my name on the list, but just got my account activated this morning. Anyways...I live like 20 mins from eaton so I'm definitely not going to pass up the chance to come to this. I have also have at least one more person who says he's coming with, and a couple maybes. Also, since it's not really mentioned elsewhere in the thread, is there any entrance fee for this?

Awesome and welcome to the Forvm my friend!! Tark or MAB, is there an entry fee? $5/person is pretty standard but I hadn't heard yet either

RedlegDbell
06-26-15, 3:42 pm

MAB
Deanna7272
Christman
Knotahumanbeing +1
Redlegdbell
Connor
Molly
Jimmy
KC Burrows + 1 or 2
Pete Rubish

deanna7272
06-26-15, 10:47 pm
Awesome and welcome to the Forvm my friend!! Tark or MAB, is there an entry fee? $5/person is pretty standard but I hadn't heard yet either

MAB said that AJ said the ABC is free....

MAB
06-28-15, 8:59 pm
https://vimeo.com/132042402

If you would like to see some of the photos that the professional photographer took at the gym make sure you check out her Facebook profile: 5twentyfourphotography

James helped me figure out how to post videos on here... anyone know how to get photos on here without going through photobucket?

Pete Rubish
06-28-15, 11:42 pm
It was nice talking to everybody! I hope to see you all again someday!

deanna7272
06-29-15, 12:57 am

So glad that you were able to make it up!! Thanks for spending the day with us!!

Kowboy
06-29-15, 8:30 am
I had a blast, thanks for setting it up AJ, MAB and Deanna. I am glad I made it out. My daughter seriously hasn't quit talking about it.

deanna7272
06-29-15, 1:44 pm
I had a blast, thanks for setting it up AJ, MAB and Deanna. I am glad I made it out. My daughter seriously hasn't quit talking about it.

Oh, this was AJ and MAB, I'm just along for the ride... ;-) ... They worked hard (with Corp since like March) to get it to happen... They did a great job... ;-)

Isabelle looked like she had a great time... I saw her doing some pretty impressive handstands!!

Kowboy
06-29-15, 1:56 pm
Oh, this was AJ and MAB, I'm just along for the ride... ;-) ... They worked hard (with Corp since like March) to get it to happen... They did a great job... ;-)

Isabelle looked like she had a great time... I saw her doing some pretty impressive handstands!!

haha yeah she is really in to gymnastics, she loves it. They told her to work on upper body strength and if you noticed that is all she wanted to do. This kid is unstoppable, she would have worked out for 8 hours if I let her. She has scoliosis and will not let it stop her. She told me when I pulled my lat that she has back pain sometimes too so she knows it hurts. Hard to be a big ol' tough guy w/ kids like her around.

Kowboy
06-29-15, 2:20 pm
I forgot to add that she took the shirt off and folded it up adn slept with it. Put it on immediately the next morning.

G Diesel
06-29-15, 3:04 pm
Looks like you guys killed it. Very impressive.

Wish I coulda been there with my bros.

Peace, G

tark
06-29-15, 9:43 pm

that was my fault for not disclosing any entrance fees but you know if I can work something out im always going to get my fam in fo FREE!!

tark
06-29-15, 9:49 pm

Pete we really appreciate you taking the time out to make it up! was a pleasure having you!

tark
06-29-15, 9:50 pm

like I told you that really makes it worth everything hearing that she has a blast...hopefully her being there and being in a positive environment will also help her later on down the road on getting into fitness

MAB
06-29-15, 10:28 pm
I seriously love everything I'm seeing on this thread.

First off... What happened to the Vimeo I posted with Ashley's video for the ABC... If you guys can't see it on here please make sure to stop by her photography facebook page and watch it. She did a great job.

Second, Pete, like everyone else said... Thank you for coming. If the guys that waited around to see you tag you in any pics please share with us! I'd love to see the shirt they had made for you. And you are always welcome at our ABCs... You and Charlie for sure!

Mark, I loved seeing your daughter there. I think it was a lot for her to take in, but she was taking it in and making mental notes. I love that she adores her shirt already... Next time I get smells I'll set one aside for her! Seems like you've got inspiration and motivation right under your roof. They are little sponges and they watch everything you do and say... Bring her again sometime!

Dee, again thank you for all your help the day of! And for spending so much one on one time with me... As I was losing my mind and memory... I still haven't found my socks!!!

AJ... We should plan an ABC together again! Maybe try to get the Jersey corporate boys to come join in on the fun!

Kowboy
06-30-15, 8:09 am
I am thinking a road trip to Jersey for a mid year pre-arnold National ABC

tark
06-30-15, 6:24 pm
I seriously love everything I'm seeing on this thread.

First off... What happened to the Vimeo I posted with Ashley's video for the ABC... If you guys can't see it on here please make sure to stop by her photography facebook page and watch it. She did a great job.

Second, Pete, like everyone else said... Thank you for coming. If the guys that waited around to see you tag you in any pics please share with us! I'd love to see the shirt they had made for you. And you are always welcome at our ABCs... You and Charlie for sure!

Mark, I loved seeing your daughter there. I think it was a lot for her to take in, but she was taking it in and making mental notes. I love that she adores her shirt already... Next time I get smells I'll set one aside for her! Seems like you've got inspiration and motivation right under your roof. They are little sponges and they watch everything you do and say... Bring her again sometime!

Dee, again thank you for all your help the day of! And for spending so much one on one time with me... As I was losing my mind and memory... I still haven't found my socks!!!

AJ... We should plan an ABC together again! Maybe try to get the Jersey corporate boys to come join in on the fun!

im always down to lend a helping hand girl!! we just gotta keep pushing the envelope and let everyone know who the fuck we are!!

MAB
07-02-15, 7:31 am
im always down to lend a helping hand girl!! we just gotta keep pushing the envelope and let everyone know who the fuck we are!!

I actually love hearing that... I've got something big in mind. Already talked to James and P about it... It would take AT LEAST a year of planning. Been talking to some ppl who can help out and they've pointed me in the direction of Craig Smith... I probably need you to pass my info on to him and then make my way out to Eaton to meet him. But it would def help to have you and the Missus on board 😄

tark
07-02-15, 5:23 pm
I actually love hearing that... I've got something big in mind. Already talked to James and P about it... It would take AT LEAST a year of planning. Been talking to some ppl who can help out and they've pointed me in the direction of Craig Smith... I probably need you to pass my info on to him and then make my way out to Eaton to meet him. But it would def help to have you and the Missus on board 

Craig actually lives here in Englewood...he and his wife are both bad asses!

tark
07-02-15, 5:24 pm
I actually love hearing that... I've got something big in mind. Already talked to James and P about it... It would take AT LEAST a year of planning. Been talking to some ppl who can help out and they've pointed me in the direction of Craig Smith... I probably need you to pass my info on to him and then make my way out to Eaton to meet him. But it would def help to have you and the Missus on board 

And unfortunately I don't really ever see him much as he isn't there normally when I am but when I see him next time I'll slay something

Blondie Weapon X
12-29-16, 3:55 am
Hey fellas!
Save the date for February 4th
Planning an ABC in Troy, Ohio at the Hybrid Strength gym
http://www.hybridstrength.com/
More information coming soon!!

Blondie Weapon X
01-16-17, 11:51 pm
Hey fellas!

We are 19 days out from this event!
Hope to see you there!

G Diesel
01-17-17, 8:24 am
Hey fellas!

Blondie- We appreciate you pushing the ABC movement. Please hit us up at info@animalpak.com so we can properly support your event.

Hope all is well.

Peace, G

Blondie Weapon X
01-17-17, 12:34 pm
Blondie- We appreciate you pushing the ABC movement. Please hit us up at info@animalpak.com so we can properly support your event.

Hope all is well.

Peace, G

Email sent !!
Thanks G!

deanna7272
11-05-17, 10:22 pm
Alright all...

8th Annual post Mid Atlantic Grand Prix Ohio Valley ABC (say that 3x fast...lol)

November 12, 2017
Noon to ???
The Body Shop in Yorkville, Ohio

I'm going to try to get some of my junior high and high school kids to come and see what it's all about. I have some that are getting interested in lifting and I want to make sure that they get some good information from those in the know... I'd love to see some of the Animal Family at this ABC to share some stories and knowledge.

Any questions, please contact me!!!