PDA

View Full Version : Open Question

Machine
03-31-15, 2:42 pm
So much of what is written and debated about here seems so extraneous to me; aggregate knowledge is surplus to favorable outcomes. It’s rewarding and refreshing to see topics openly debated to an extent. But absent outcomes, genial banter is just that…banter. People do not seem to want to alter their viewpoints even the slightest degree; I will therefore not alter mine. I will judge commentary and outcomes in a way that simply aligns what a given person looks like with the shit that comes out of his/her mouth. If I was tough before, I’ll be ten times tougher moving forward. People want to know why “threads dwindle” and well intentioned athletes disappear from discussion boards for days, weeks, years at a time. One reason for that disappearance might be (and I'm just guessing here) that it’s monotonous to try to crack open a thick headed, closed mind, who has been brainwashed to think that he/she is right in all discussions. I’m too old to waste my time with that shit. I want to talk to hungry, desperate, coachable people in this thread, not know it all assholes who are proud to “have abs” at 189 pounds. Try that shit at 299 pounds...

Generalizations make my head hurt sometimes, these empty, circular debates are so counter-productive, especially when you pick your head up and realize, “This guy doesn't know crap from Crisco…he’s looked like that for years and years… and yet he blathers on.” The core component of the debate becomes irrelevant when it becomes evident that you are a philosopher with pristine white robes…no experience, and no blood on your hands – who the fuck wants to hear that guy pontificate? It doesn't matter to one billion people what you think about circadian rhythms, liver toxicity, messing up one’s endocrine system, and on and on and on.

Shut the fuck up.

Here’s an open question for all these know it all motherfuckers out there…

According to me, and yes I am the judge for the purpose of this discussion, you have no outcomes right now. So what is the specific combination of “toxic compounds” which are standing in the way of your massively developed physique? And why have you not removed those barriers and shown us all the way?

Here's my opinion, which is the only one that counts to me right now, your all fucking spoiled rotten with all of this access to information and successful athletes to pose questions to...you've been given the benefit of years of knowledge, where others of us have had to earn their way through the thorns one inch at a time without help form anyone. Through failures and injuries and frustrations - figuring it out yourself...you don't know how fucking good you have it. Now I have to listen to people lecture on circadian fucking rhythms and toxic compounds...with no fucking outcomes, what a world of pussy professors we have now.

And I’m not talking to people who think 189 pounds “with abs” is the pinnacle of success.

MACHINE

Machine
03-31-15, 3:01 pm
...and now it seems that physique people who are benching/squatting/deadlifting 400, 500, or 600 pounds justifies the commentary or viewpoint or complete ignorance...your gym PR lends absolutely no credibility to your viewpoint with me - period. I wish people would speak to the athletes who were there when fucking everybody moved these weights...and I mean fucking everybody. I know there are some old school people out there who can vouch for that...no one cared about that shit...especially if you looked like shit.

There are people who have seen me (and I can name IFBB pros if need be) walk over without fanfare, pick up a pair of 150lb. dumbbells, perform a strict set of 10 inclined flyes with them, stand up and quietly put them away - that didn't get me to the Olympia stage...now did it?

If you tell me that your goal is to become a complete athlete and compete in a BB show, I don't care how strong you are, it is not material prima in your preparation plan.

Do you get that?

Now, to say I don't believe in strength, in that strength begets size and size begets strength, that would be a lie...I do believe that. I just don't think the hunt for numbers justifies looking like a pile of shit. I refuse to believe that a person must carry 30% bodyfat to be strong or perform at a high level.

MACHINE

smoothballer
03-31-15, 3:24 pm
As for as the powerlifting industry you are definitely seeing a shift towards looking lean as the people dominating the sport with the likes of Animal's own Dan Green, Sam Byrd, etc. It makes sense too because fat is excess weight and you can be more dominant at a lower weight class with more muscle.

Machine
03-31-15, 3:46 pm
As for as the powerlifting industry you are definitely seeing a shift towards looking lean as the people dominating the sport with the likes of Animal's own Dan Green, Sam Byrd, etc. It makes sense too because fat is excess weight and you can be more dominant at a lower weight class with more muscle.

Your right, those guys are complete athletes, and awesome ones. I try to aim my commentary at the hard to reach people out there who could be so great if they allowed themselves to be great. It's like anything else, it becomes difficult to try to help people when we look through the prism of the most successful athletes out there...we cannot let that be the context for the discussion. I want to talk to soldiers, not medal of honor winners, if that makes sense. If the soldiers keep those successful athletes in the foreground for motivation, but yet dare to defy convention up to the point of totally turning their backs on something tried and tested that one of their heroes advocates...that is the upstart I can work with. I just won't abide certain bullshit; I'm a miserable fuck...but I'm effective.

thanks for keeping an open mind.

MACHINE

Jay Nera
06-30-15, 12:47 am
Nice post…good questions to pose to ourselves.