PDA

View Full Version : A long road back.....

dannynb
04-08-15, 10:55 pm
2011, Dallas Europa. That's the last time I stepped on stage. Since than, I have opened Metroflex Gym San Marcos, trained numerous athletes, had another child, and tore my right quad. Well here I am, healed up, still own and run Metroflex, still train clients, father of 4 kids, a husband, and we have another baby on the way. As if all that wasn't enough I've decided it's my time to step back under those bright lights one more time. I have something to still prove to myself, I'm not done yet. Also in part, it's a way to draw some attention to my gym. My wife, my kids, and my clients are all behind me on this. I have Brad Rowe helping me with my game plan and I feel we have a solid working relationship and will bring my best look to the stage yet. I'll post up thoughts as I progress, diet, workouts, shops, etc. I have 3 1/2 weeks before I start full blown prep. Right now, just getting back into a regimented meal plan, and easing off heavy weights a bit to give my joints a break.

August 20-22, San Antonio Tx. Texas Extravaganza.

dannynb
04-09-15, 7:13 am
Cardio yesterday
30 minutes:
25yd prowler sprint
10 tire flips

Right now hitting 3, 30 minute sessions a week.

deanna7272
04-09-15, 7:35 am
The road always leads back home...

Glad to see you're back...

dannynb
04-09-15, 10:24 am
Good to be home.

deiontebrah
04-13-15, 1:45 am
Danny I'm a sophomore at Texas State and I'd love to come train with you sometime. I too am in prep for my next show which is the NPC Better Bodies.

dannynb
04-13-15, 11:16 pm
Danny I'm a sophomore at Texas State and I'd love to come train with you sometime. I too am in prep for my next show which is the NPC Better Bodies.

Come on by sometime. I own Metroflex here in San Marcos. Trying to put together an ABC soon too.

dannynb
04-13-15, 11:23 pm
Well, been a busy few days. Friday, didn't train, just got slammed. Saturday was the Texas Shredder, two of my athletes competed, one bringing home a 3rd place trophy in Men's Physique. Saturday I hit legs between morning and night show.

Glute/Ham Raises 4x15
Lying Leg Curls 4x15
SLDL 4x15
Squats 4x15
Leg Press 4x15
Leg Extension 4x15

dannynb
04-13-15, 11:32 pm
Today, so far 6 out of 7 meals in, hit chest/bis. About to do cardio, eat and go to bed.

Flat bench 4x15
Incline Hammer Press 4x15
Pec Deck 4x15
Cable Crossovers 4x15
Barbell Curls 4x15
Preacher Curls 4x15
Rope Cable Curls 4x15

Good day today, now to do my cardio, eat my egg whites, and pb.

dannynb
04-16-15, 8:17 pm
Back Tuesday
Lat pull overs 4x15
Lat pull downs 4x15
Barbell rows 4x15
Cable rows 4x15
Deadlift 4x15

Yesterday was an off day, cardio only 30 minutes of HIIT

dannynb
04-16-15, 8:17 pm
Body feels beat up and I don't start prep for another two weeks.....

dannynb
04-19-15, 6:43 pm
Shit. It's not easy balancing clients, running the gym, wife and kids, training, cardio, food, and sleep....I haven't even begun full prep and I'm already feeling it. I'll get my second wind once we start. I'll finally have the weight of the actual show sitting on my shoulders. 24 hours a day, that time can fly by so fast. Oh well, like I said, either making it happen or making excuses.

Chest/Bi's:
Flat Bench 4x15
Incline Smith Machine 4x15
Pec Deck 4x15
Cables 4x15
Barbell Curls 4x15
Preacher Curl 4x15
Hammer Curls 4x15

Cardio:
30 minutes of sprints.... this is gonna suck!!!!

Flash419
04-19-15, 8:57 pm
Welcome back bro!

We'll all be following your journey, and looking forward to those pics with some well deserved hardware.

Good luck!

dannynb
04-19-15, 9:41 pm
Thanks brother. Can't wait to get up there again.....been too Damn long.

dannynb
04-20-15, 3:09 pm
Oh hell....Brad is having me start my prep on Monday.....17 weeks. Better get my cravings out of the way now. Hahahahaha.

dannynb
04-30-15, 12:18 am
So far, so good. Right now training 2 on 1 off, 2 on 1 off, repeat. No cardio, 7 meals a day. 1 cheat meal every 4 days. Been getting regular treatments with my MT, chiro, and Airrosti. I can see a difference in my mobility, range of motion, and posing. Tomorrow is my first cheat meal, really looking forward to it.

dannynb
05-11-15, 4:21 pm
Sorry guys, been busy with clients, family and every thing else. Still kicking at 250lbs and beginning week 3 of my 17 week prep. So far so good, just slightly reduced my carb intake and fats a bit. Also doing 3 20 minute session of cardio weekely.

G Diesel
05-11-15, 5:12 pm
Good to see you in the mix, Danny Boy.

Much respect to you on raising your family while still pursuing your passions. That's what life is all about, my brother.

Peace, G

dannynb
05-15-15, 6:11 pm
Thanks brother! Same to you. Even though I've been absent, still keeping tabs on ya via social media.

dannynb
05-23-15, 10:13 pm
Been swamped with the gym, family, training....so far prep is going smoothly. Finding it hard to get all my food in, but I'm doing it. Will post more shortly, gotta put the baby to bed.

dannynb
05-31-15, 4:25 pm
Well prep is on point. San Marcos flooded last week and it's been crazy since. So Brad has me off cardio for now, just focusing on getting my training in and sleep. Still dropping bf though. Heading back out to help with the clean up and relief crews.

dannynb
07-12-15, 5:57 pm
Sorry folks, still chugging along. Super busy with the gym, clients, family, and training. Still on track to do my show even with a few set backs, getting sick, and some issues with the our landlords here at the gym.

Brad has adjusted my carbs and fats, cardio 6 days a week, keeping all sets and reps to 4x10-12, 3-4 movements per body part. Still hitting everything every 6 days, following a 2 on, 1 off split.

chest/bis
back/calves
off
shoulders/tris
legs/calves
off
repeat.

BJ Whitehead
09-30-15, 11:31 pm
nice work