PDA

View Full Version : Get strong and big

Vikingwarrior
04-22-15, 6:26 pm
Hello

My main goal is to get stronger, so i was thinking about doing a powerlifting beginner program, and a good bulk diet, so i can get some size to, but what routine should i make ?

Buckfever
04-23-15, 11:08 am
Hello

My main goal is to get stronger, so i was thinking about doing a powerlifting beginner program, and a good bulk diet, so i can get some size to, but what routine should i make ?

I think the most important thing is to get the form right on the main lifts. The second thing is to progressively handle heavier weights. The third thing is to add volume. And then finally some minor accessory work.

Jay Nera
04-26-15, 7:46 pm
I think the most important thing is to get the form right on the main lifts. The second thing is to progressively handle heavier weights. The third thing is to add volume. And then finally some minor accessory work.

I agree.

and as for nutrition. For now Just learn the basics of your macros and decide on how much Pro, CArb, and Fats you want to take it. Browse a lot through the diet section of the forum to get an idea of what you want to do. Good luck.

Vikingwarrior
02-06-16, 3:36 pm
I agree.

and as for nutrition. For now Just learn the basics of your macros and decide on how much Pro, CArb, and Fats you want to take it. Browse a lot through the diet section of the forum to get an idea of what you want to do. Good luck.

What do you mean here mate? aint i suppose to bulk ? or is the diet part different from BB.

Buckfever
02-09-16, 9:14 am
What do you mean here mate? aint i suppose to bulk ? or is the diet part different from BB.

The problem is getting enough protein. So just map out your meal plan and see where you're at. You do want to be over maintenance but if you're not structuring it right you could just be gaining extra weight for nothing.

Look at this to get an idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaoFny0B8bE

physlift314
02-09-16, 12:34 pm
The first program I ever did for strength was Stronglifts 5x5 (http://stronglifts.com/). I found it was very good, simple, and perfect for me as a beginner. I got pretty strong too. I would recommend that program. I would advise, however, to read everything on that website before you begin the program and get the form down in your head. Good form will carry you a long way. Get your brain muscles strong.

The other aspect is nutrition as Jay pointed out. I don't have any particular suggestions other than get your protein in. The Diet section of the forum is full of good experiences for diets. In Stronglifts, he recommends just eating a lot and adjusting things based off what you see.

Vikingwarrior
02-10-16, 3:58 am
I eat 3 times a Day.

chicken vegetables and Rice.

With a gallon of water. I Think i get 180-200 grams of protein. I dont know about calories though.