PDA

View Full Version : Carb cycling

msktyshha
05-02-15, 12:29 am
I am 220 pounds 5 feet 9. My body fat is around 20%. I want to lose body fat and maintain my muscle mass. I was thinking about doing carb cycling where you eat carbs closer to your workout which for me is during the day, and no carbs while you are inactive.can anyone guide me in the right path and set up a diet for me as far as the micros go, cause it's very confusing.

Rex
05-12-15, 6:38 pm
I am 220 pounds 5 feet 9. My body fat is around 20%. I want to lose body fat and maintain my muscle mass. I was thinking about doing carb cycling where you eat carbs closer to your workout which for me is during the day, and no carbs while you are inactive.can anyone guide me in the right path and set up a diet for me as far as the micros go, cause it's very confusing.

6 meals a day
1.5gr of protein/pound of bodyweight
Same amount of carbs on training days

On non Training days, cut the carbs in half. Take it from there guided by your progress....

s4rgonnn
05-19-15, 11:27 pm
6 meals a day
1.5gr of protein/pound of bodyweight
Same amount of carbs on training days

On non Training days, cut the carbs in half. Take it from there guided by your progress....

Burning fat, building muscle. Is that possible?

death
05-20-15, 3:39 am
Burning fat, building muscle. Is that possible?

not really. but you can easily maintain what you have and burn fat effectively. I sometimes get this feeling that people think muscle is this precious snowlake that withers the second you are late with your meal. :) it's not that easy to get rid of it as people think

Rex
05-20-15, 7:24 pm
not really. but you can easily maintain what you have and burn fat effectively. I sometimes get this feeling that people think muscle is this precious snowlake that withers the second you are late with your meal. :) it's not that easy to get rid of it as people think

I´d say that you can build muscle while reducing bodyfat percentage...

But I totally agree with your observation of people being scared of loosing muscle. I think most are just trying to rationalize working less hard...

s4rgonnn
05-21-15, 1:32 am
I´d say that you can build muscle while reducing bodyfat percentage...

But I totally agree with your observation of people being scared of loosing muscle. I think most are just trying to rationalize working less hard...

How can i? I'm 183 cm and 95.2 kg bodyweight with 22.4% bodyfat. I'm eating 220-300 gr protein and equal amount of complex carbs. Is this okay or i need more?

Rex
05-24-15, 10:36 am
How can i? I'm 183 cm and 95.2 kg bodyweight with 22.4% bodyfat. I'm eating 220-300 gr protein and equal amount of complex carbs. Is this okay or i need more?

Sadly, I can not give you a flat out answer on this. NO ONE in the world can. It´s a relentless process of experimenting, trial and lots of error.

But the numbers you have stated are a good point to start at.

If you feel lost, get a coach/nutritionist to guide you

WeeMan
06-11-15, 5:19 pm
I am currently carb-cycling, it's working well.

Only vegetable carbs until 3 hours before training, then i have a portion of rice (enough to fill me up) and a portion after training to aid recovery.
No sugar or dairy; only vegetables, fruit, meat and fish.

Pretty simple, but it works.