PDA

View Full Version : Critique my Cut

mstersmith
05-14-15, 12:45 pm
I need some advice brothers. I believe my cut diet is pretty solid and that my macros are as well but still I am hesitating. My supplement stack is Creatine, M-Stak, Paks, Rage and Cuts. My routine is heavy push/ 30 min slow cardio, Light pull/ 20 min HIIT, heavy legs/ 30 min slow cardio, light push/ 20 min HIIT, heavy pull/ 30 slow cardio and light legs/ HIIT. My current stats are 35 years old, 6’5” 230 @ 11%BF. I am taking in 3000 calories a day daily diet looks like this

0500: 2 Cups raw oats 300 calories, 54 carbs, 5 fat, 12 protein
1 scoop protein powder 160 calories, 2g carbs, 1g fat and 30g protein
Take my paks
0530: take M-Stak, Rage
0600-0730: work out
0745: 1 scoop protein powder 160 calories, 2g carbs, 1g fat and 30g protein
0830: 4 egg whites 280 calories, 4g carbs, 20g fat, 24g protein
0900: First cut pack
1000: 1 cup brown rice 320 calories, 72g carbs, 1g fat 6g protein
8oz chicken breast 368 calories, 0g carb, 8 fat, 72 protein
1100-1230: Daily cardio sit in the sauna and stretch
1245-1300: 1 cup brown rice 320 calories, 72g carbs, 1g fat 6g protein
2 Cups mixed vegetables 75 calories, 12g carbs 0g fat
2nd Pak
1400: Second Cut pack
1430: Can of Tuna 100 calories, 0g carbs, 22g protein
1800-1900 Dinner remaining macros and calories along with 1 can of Throw Back Mountain Dew. I can’t help it the shit is my weakness!

My goal is to gradually cut to around 7-8%BF and weight between 215 and 220 but losing weight isnt the goal but will probably happen. Total macro count is 300g carbs, 300g protein and 67g fat. I went with 3000 calories vice the 2800 according to the calculator to put me deficient because I have a fast metabolism and I am a Marine stationed in 29 Palms. Next month it will be 110, I work outside and there is no AC in our facilities. Saturday is cheat day. I will be honest here I like beer a lot. So Saturday is also beer day. I try to carb load on food as well doubling my intake. Sunday is an off day and I generally stick to the macros but not the overall listed diet. Not going to lie I am HUNGRY around 2000/2100. How does it look?

Rex
05-16-15, 10:25 am
I need some advice brothers. I believe my cut diet is pretty solid and that my macros are as well but still I am hesitating. My supplement stack is Creatine, M-Stak, Paks, Rage and Cuts. My routine is heavy push/ 30 min slow cardio, Light pull/ 20 min HIIT, heavy legs/ 30 min slow cardio, light push/ 20 min HIIT, heavy pull/ 30 slow cardio and light legs/ HIIT. My current stats are 35 years old, 6’5” 230 @ 11%BF. I am taking in 3000 calories a day daily diet looks like this

0500: 2 Cups raw oats 300 calories, 54 carbs, 5 fat, 12 protein
1 scoop protein powder 160 calories, 2g carbs, 1g fat and 30g protein
Take my paks
0530: take M-Stak, Rage
0600-0730: work out
0745: 1 scoop protein powder 160 calories, 2g carbs, 1g fat and 30g protein
0830: 4 egg whites 280 calories, 4g carbs, 20g fat, 24g protein
0900: First cut pack
1000: 1 cup brown rice 320 calories, 72g carbs, 1g fat 6g protein
1100-1230: Daily cardio sit in the sauna and stretch
1245-1300: 1 cup brown rice 320 calories, 72g carbs, 1g fat 6g protein
2 Cups mixed vegetables 75 calories, 12g carbs 0g fat
2nd Pak
1400: Second Cut pack
1430: Can of Tuna 100 calories, 0g carbs, 22g protein
1800-1900 Dinner remaining macros and calories along with 1 can of Throw Back Mountain Dew. I can’t help it the shit is my weakness!

My goal is to gradually cut to around 7-8%BF and weight between 215 and 220 but losing weight isnt the goal but will probably happen. Total macro count is 300g carbs, 300g protein and 67g fat. I went with 3000 calories vice the 2800 according to the calculator to put me deficient because I have a fast metabolism and I am a Marine stationed in 29 Palms. Next month it will be 110, I work outside and there is no AC in our facilities. Saturday is cheat day. I will be honest here I like beer a lot. So Saturday is also beer day. I try to carb load on food as well doubling my intake. Sunday is an off day and I generally stick to the macros but not the overall listed diet. Not going to lie I am HUNGRY around 2000/2100. How does it look?

Looks ok as something to start with. But you can´t tell if it´s working unless you try it. So give this plan a go, stick to it for 2 weeks as see what happens. From there you can make changes...

mstersmith
05-17-15, 10:36 pm
Looks ok as something to start with. But you can´t tell if it´s working unless you try it. So give this plan a go, stick to it for 2 weeks as see what happens. From there you can make changes...

I appreciate the response. I may need to go lower and cut out some of the remaining crap. I am hoping the cuts give me the edge I was looking for. Took a pic the other day and got a lot of props for my progress. I would rather go slow then rush with a crash diet plan and lose a lot of hard work.

adharsh
05-17-15, 11:07 pm
It looks like a decent plan to me, but i would check your weight and waist measurement every 3 days! and run this meal plan for 4 weeks to see if there's progress! but all in all, it's a good start. Good luck

Rex
05-18-15, 6:07 pm
I appreciate the response. I may need to go lower and cut out some of the remaining crap. I am hoping the cuts give me the edge I was looking for. Took a pic the other day and got a lot of props for my progress. I would rather go slow then rush with a crash diet plan and lose a lot of hard work.

Slow and steady is definitely the way to go. There is no fast track when it comes to improving your body

mstersmith
05-22-15, 5:11 pm
It looks like a decent plan to me, but i would check your weight and waist measurement every 3 days! and run this meal plan for 4 weeks to see if there's progress! but all in all, it's a good start. Good luck

Took a waste measurement for the first time in a while as I had to weigh in for body composition standards. I lost a 1/2" off my waste in 3 weeks and only 2 pounds of body weight. I am sure it would come off faster if I dropped the 20 pack of beer once a week.... Still getting stronger which is good and still running faster then men my age so I am happy. Loving the Cuts! I have to drop the stim pill on the weekends or I come out of my skin.

Rex
05-25-15, 10:40 am
Took a waste measurement for the first time in a while as I had to weigh in for body composition standards. I lost a 1/2" off my waste in 3 weeks and only 2 pounds of body weight. I am sure it would come off faster if I dropped the 20 pack of beer once a week.... Still getting stronger which is good and still running faster then men my age so I am happy. Loving the Cuts! I have to drop the stim pill on the weekends or I come out of my skin.

Haha jep... Not drinking 20 cans of beer once a week definitely helps...

Jay Nera
05-27-15, 1:51 am

Yeah dude. Those stim pills can mess you up. I always take the red pill outta the PUMP.

mstersmith
06-05-15, 4:04 pm
Haha jep... Not drinking 20 cans of beer once a week definitely helps...

Lol I am an old Marine so that is considered "cutting back". In all seriousness its not ideal or good for my health. If I want to lose that last bit of BF% I need to sacrafice and work for it.

Yeah dude. Those stim pills can mess you up. I always take the red pill outta the PUMP.

Some days I am good to go others I want to crawl out of my skin. If I eat my pre workout meal within an hour I am good to go. If I take it on an empty stomach as suggested its a crap shoot.

skibasgym
06-21-15, 4:56 pm
Be aware of your body. Some people are very sensitive to the red pill, while it doesn't both others at all. How is the diet working?

Rex
06-22-15, 6:54 pm
Lol I am an old Marine so that is considered "cutting back". In all seriousness its not ideal or good for my health. If I want to lose that last bit of BF% I need to sacrafice and work for it.

Some days I am good to go others I want to crawl out of my skin. If I eat my pre workout meal within an hour I am good to go. If I take it on an empty stomach as suggested its a crap shoot.

That´s the only way.
But remember, it´s not that you´ll never be allowed having some beers. You´re just doing what´s necessary at this point in time to achieve your physique goal. Once you´re there and maintaining you´ll be able to get away with some here and there.

I always throw away the red pill, too. If needed I take the Pump with a cup of black coffee on my way to the gym

mstersmith
07-20-15, 10:07 pm
Hope bumping my own thread isn't necroing but I need some more advice. I have trimmed down to about 9 1/2% @ 225. Would the forum suggest dropping down to say 2500 calories? Or would say 2850 be a more reasonable drop? I can see I am almost right were I want to be.

Buckfever
07-21-15, 8:32 am
Hope bumping my own thread isn't necroing but I need some more advice. I have trimmed down to about 9 1/2% @ 225. Would the forum suggest dropping down to say 2500 calories? Or would say 2850 be a more reasonable drop? I can see I am almost right were I want to be.

You lost 5 lbs and 4 of it was fat. You don't need to drop 500 calories. Great job BTW.

Rex
07-21-15, 9:58 am
You lost 5 lbs and 4 of it was fat. You don't need to drop 500 calories. Great job BTW.

Great job, like Buck said.
I´d also go with 500kcal. What can happen? If anything, you might get leaner than you wanted to... If that really bothers you have some burgers and fries. hahaha

mstersmith
07-24-15, 12:00 am
Thanks! I dont have a partner and my wife sees me everyday hard to believe her. I really appreciate it. I am going to run this a few more weeks as I go bow hunting for a solid 9 days after that. I can reevaluate everything at that point. I always burn more then I eat out in the bush anyways. Thanks for the great advice and help!