PDA

View Full Version : Low-carb breakfasts

WeeMan
05-27-15, 5:51 am
Any ideas?
Im planning on carb cycling for a while to drop some BF, and breakfast is my favourite meal of the day!

rainman
05-27-15, 7:42 am
Have you checked out Antoine Vaillant's 'Super Awesome Coconut Eggs' video?

BCent
05-27-15, 10:01 am
It's not super exciting but when I was lower carb, I'd cook up some ground turkey with seasoning and do a fried over easy egg... mix it all up, add some salt and good to go! Sometimes if I had higher fat I'd get some avocado in there also...

naturalguy
05-27-15, 10:35 am
Eggs - make an omelette with veggies

spartan300
05-27-15, 8:08 pm
A nice skirt steak with a couple of poached eggs. Now that's some good eatin'

Buckfever
05-28-15, 8:27 am
I don't know how low you want to keep the carbs but I do 2 whey protein coffee shakes. I find keeping the protein high is the key as that will keep the appetite in check and then just modulate the carbs around the workouts to avoid depletion.

G Diesel
05-28-15, 10:56 am

Yup. An omelette with meat, cheese and veggies will fill you up while still being low carb.

Peace, G

WeeMan
05-28-15, 1:00 pm
Here's a question, how many carbs constitutes "low"?
Like for instance, 2 slices of bread is 40g of carbs, where would that come between high and low?

skibasgym
08-16-15, 7:21 pm
Omelette is your best option. Plus you can mix up your ingredients to keep it interesting.

Jay Nera
04-27-18, 1:33 am

So simple...yet the best answer.

A couple eggs, some more egg whites, cut up some peppers, some spinach, mushrooms....Voila. Add a little Franks and the day has started off nicely.

ChrisTuttle
04-27-18, 12:19 pm
Any ideas?
Im planning on carb cycling for a while to drop some BF, and breakfast is my favourite meal of the day!

Low carb as in NO carb or <30g ?

2 whole eggs + 1.5 cups egg whites
66g avocado
45g oats

ChrisTuttle
04-27-18, 12:20 pm
So simple...yet the best answer.

A couple eggs, some more egg whites, cut up some peppers, some spinach, mushrooms....Voila. Add a little Franks and the day has started off nicely.

Mushrooms are the KEY ingredient! I got through a package every 2 days!