PDA

View Full Version : End Veteran Suicide

knotahumanbeing
05-28-15, 8:27 pm
If you follow me on Instagram or we're friends on Facebook, there's a few things I'm passionate about besides lifting and my boys. My country and fellow veterans. 22 veterans commit suicide a day, too fucking many. This is a silent killer that is impacting veterans and their families nationwide. Our brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, and friends, make it home from war only to deal with a different battle here at home. A battle most no nothing about and it's becoming a deadly epidemic as the days go on. If you know a veteran, if you are a veteran reach out them, reach out to someone, check on them, grab a cup of coffee. I don't have much to give but if you know some one in need, you're more than welcome to send them my way. Let them know they are never alone, even when they come home. WE are here

So in my personal fight to bring awareness to this battle, every week I'm doing something different, of 22 reps, whether it be lifting, cardio, some form of physical activity. Although I may have a small voice, I have one nonetheless and I will use it as long as there is breath in my body to help end this. Our society today is so fucked up, worrying about frivolous bullshit, overpaid whiny athletes, stuck up self centered celebrities, corrupt politicians, I could go on. I'm going to keep doing it until I run out of shit to do. Join in, spread the word, watch, whatever you want to do, but this must end now. #endveteransuicide #22toomany #mission22

http://youtu.be/fdfgrZZz2d4

knotahumanbeing
05-28-15, 8:28 pm
http://youtu.be/nsneFJIxOZ4

knotahumanbeing
05-28-15, 8:30 pm
http://youtu.be/6FAbRRYPPds

knotahumanbeing
05-28-15, 8:31 pm
The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Swolepez
05-29-15, 5:50 pm
Wow...thanks for bringing this to my attention

I too will find one exercise every workout for at least the next week where I will complete 22 reps. But most importantly, I will continue to keep those who fight for and protect our freedom in my prayers..

Angst
05-29-15, 10:43 pm
22 too many indeed. If we don't help our vets, people see that and will be less inclined to pursue a career in the military. Eventually the savages overseas that chants death to America will get their wish.

skibasgym
05-31-15, 9:40 am
My son-in-law is Air Force. For their wedding, rather than favors they used that money and gave it to the Wounded Warriors Foundation. I was shocked with 22 suicides a day. So sad. I am going to figure out someway to drive this fact to the members of Skiba's Gym. The sacrifice these solider have made so that we can "walk and live our lives" as we want is unbelievable! Let's keep the awareness going!

knotahumanbeing
05-31-15, 8:02 pm
Wow...thanks for bringing this to my attention

I too will find one exercise every workout for at least the next week where I will complete 22 reps. But most importantly, I will continue to keep those who fight for and protect our freedom in my prayers..

Thanks man. When it comes down to it, prayer for our vets works just as good as anything else.

22 too many indeed. If we don't help our vets, people see that and will be less inclined to pursue a career in the military. Eventually the savages overseas that chants death to America will get their wish.

It's not even just people being deterred from joining. It further pushes our guys away from getting help. They begin to turtle shell and it's not until it's too late do we find out about them.

My son-in-law is Air Force. For their wedding, rather than favors they used that money and gave it to the Wounded Warriors Foundation. I was shocked with 22 suicides a day. So sad. I am going to figure out someway to drive this fact to the members of Skiba's Gym. The sacrifice these solider have made so that we can "walk and live our lives" as we want is unbelievable! Let's keep the awareness going!

Thank you sir. I appreciate that. The more people that know about it, the more people can help reach out and spend time with vets.

Rob