PDA

View Full Version : Journey of a College Student

AustinMcCurdy
06-01-15, 10:19 pm
First of all what I think is so bad ass about bodybuilding is that it is a journey that really does not have an end, there is always progression and that next goal and the next PR and the next show.

I guess I have somewhat of a unique journey, being a college student. So here I am, $60,000 dollars in debt but spending my money on bags of chicken and protein powder. But I wouldn't want it any other way. I wanna write about the journey of a college student because I believe a lot of people honestly just don't know how to do it, and a lot just aren't willing to make the sacrifices necessary.

I am sure this is true for almost everyone but in college the distractions and temptations are EVERYWHERE, EVERYDAY. If you live in the dorms you have to eat at the dining halls so already you're faced with temptations of junk food and things we don't want. That's one of the sacrifices you just have to make. Another negative of the dining halls is on any given day you have no control over what will be served. So what? Honestly you can either sit there and bitch about it or you can choke down some cafeteria fish and get your protein. Its really just mind over matter man, how bad do you really want it?

So you're in college you have to drink right? if drinking is your excuse to stay out of the gym and have a poor diet, first of all you're weak and second you have no sense of priorities. Drinking is no excuse, leave that shit for your loser friends who have no purpose besides getting wasted. Go out with your friends, stay sober, wake up the next day not hungover, go kill the weights, and look better than any of those losers.

Like I said its all about mind over matter. If you want this bad enough you will find a way. every single day.