PDA

View Full Version : Good article on Juggernaut's Website for newer Powerlifters

GunRock
06-02-15, 10:48 am
This is a good read that raises some interesting points. I'm a big believer in mobility for example but I don't think it's something to focus on during the training session, more something that you should try to do periodically throughout your day (standing up and stretching your pecs and hips after sitting at your desk for a while or stopping on the steps and stretching your calves for a minute or two for example)

What do you all think?

http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2015/05/26/powerlifting-stuff-you-think-matters-but-doesnt/

ironbound
06-02-15, 9:53 pm
That beard comment was funny and way too relevant... This article makes me feel good. I hate stretching and foam rolling. I only ever do that shit when I hurt myself. Right or wrong, I always feel like that time would be better spent lifting. If a guy like Chad Smith says that's ok, then that's good enough for me!

GunRock
06-05-15, 12:54 am
That beard comment was funny and way too relevant... This article makes me feel good. I hate stretching and foam rolling. I only ever do that shit when I hurt myself. Right or wrong, I always feel like that time would be better spent lifting. If a guy like Chad Smith says that's ok, then that's good enough for me!

Yeah, I heard Kelly Starrett, arguably the guy who started all of this mobility stuff, say that lifters need to show up to the gym ready to train. You've only got so much productive time available in the gym so you shouldn't squander it by rolling around although that is interesting to watch.