PDA

View Full Version : Driven from Within

Tee Cummins
06-03-15, 11:18 am
Hey what's up guys. I'm that guy that competes a lot. I have somewhat of a different mentality in the sport than a lot of guys. Just like anyone else though, I wanna be the best. I've competed for a little over three years and competed in 28 full powerlifting meets totaling a best of 2015 @220 Raw w/wraps. I train a lot (everyday if possible) and take off days when I absolutely am required to and the week of the meet to rest up and since most of the time I'm cutting weight. Right now my weekly set up looks a bit like this

Monday-- Squat variation (with or without wraps)
Tuesday- bench variation (competition grip or slingshot)
Wednesday- squat or deadlift variation (front squat, safety bar squat, non competition stance deadlift)
Thursday--oh press (seated or standing oh press)
Friday--bench variation (close grip, floor press, incline)
Saturday-- heavy squat or deadlift
Sunday-- light bench

After main lift training and main accessory work is completed, I prioritize hypertrophy based or muscle group specific exercises.

I'm competing June 13 at SPF Braggin Rights in the 220 class before beginning training for the meet of all meets, Boss of Bosses 2 in August. I have big goals for both meets and plan on establishing myself as one of the best 220s in the world.

J Wong
06-03-15, 11:28 am
Oh hello.

Animal
06-04-15, 1:12 pm
Welcome to the Brotherhood.

G Diesel
06-04-15, 1:20 pm
Dope to have you here Tee.

Looking forward to following your progress as you climb the mountain.

Peace, G

RomeyGBOD
06-04-15, 6:34 pm
Excited to read this tread and watch your workouts. Straight up Animal

Pete Rubish
06-08-15, 6:52 pm
How are you feeling this close to the meet? Isn't the meet this weekend?

Tee Cummins
06-11-15, 5:06 pm
How are you feeling this close to the meet? Isn't the meet this weekend?

Yeah man on the drive up right now... Just focusing on making weight right now. Around 227 so I should be good. Have been dealing with some lower back issues so I've basically taken the entire last week off. I'm excited to see how I feel Saturday. I had big goals going into this meet but all I can do is take it one thing at a time.

deanna7272
06-11-15, 7:39 pm
Yeah man on the drive up right now... Just focusing on making weight right now. Around 227 so I should be good. Have been dealing with some lower back issues so I've basically taken the entire last week off. I'm excited to see how I feel Saturday. I had big goals going into this meet but all I can do is take it one thing at a time.

I saw that you posted about the chiropractor (and caught hell from every side...lol) what did they say? I've had lumbar (and some thoracic) issues for several years now (2 surgeries under my belt) but I have been seeing a medical massage therapist once a month and it's made a tremendous difference for me. Once things get jacked up, it jacks up everything in and around the area. He goes in (sometimes painfully) and releases certain points and I walk out a different person... Anti inflammatory help and rest if I start to feel pain or numbness, and I'm back at it.

I know that we are different "animals" and it may not help at all, but it's something that can be easily relieved by a little ART, massage therapy, or minor tweaks...

Good luck this weekend...

Pete Rubish
06-21-15, 10:59 pm
Is your next meet in Paducah??

Pale Rider
06-28-15, 7:30 pm
About time

BJ Whitehead
07-01-15, 12:02 am
^^^^ agreed...well deserved Tee

Tee Cummins
07-02-15, 11:31 am
Alright so a few weeks removed from the meet, and I can honestly say it was a game changer. I knew going into the meet I was hurt but decided to compete anyways because I really felt I could. Although I hit my first squat, it was called on depth. I decided to move up and get at least a decent squat in on a second so I called for 810, a weight I just hit the previous week with same level of pain. Sure enough though I wasn't able to. I bombed for the first time. Things have changed though. I wasn't sure right off the bat if I'd be able to compete at Boss of Bosses but I decided to give it a go. I've began stretching and warming up a little more efficiently along with adjusting my training style to work around this lower back thing. It's about 80% healed up I'd say and improving each workout. The goal right now is to train as hard as I can without getting hurt. The focus is volume and working on weak areas. I learned a lot from bombing out and I can honestly say I'll never let that happen again. Right now I'm having fun in the gym and enjoying the process of training for this meet. Competing against Dan and Oak and all the other great 220s again is gonna bring the best out of me, and that's what this sport is about.

Tee Cummins
09-24-15, 11:49 am
Hey what's up guys, currently about 4 weeks into meet prep and things have never ran so smoothly... I'm training for two competitions in November (Reebok record breakers November 7 and USPA Load The Bar on November 21).. Very excited for these because the first time since about a year ago, I'm 100%.... Fellow Animal teammate Dan Green will be competing alongside me at Record Breakers and fellow Animal teammate Pete Rubish is making the trip down to compete at Load the Bar... Two of not only my favorite lifters, but also who I would consider good friends... I've dialed back a lot on weights and began focusing a ton on technique, volume and overall recovery. I've been able to hit nearly peaking numbers, for multiple sets and that's something I've never been able to do. I'll keep you guys updated as the training cycle continues.

Pete Rubish
09-24-15, 1:42 pm
Hitting peaking numbers at 8 weeks out is awesome! It's going to be a good couple of meets coming up for you!