PDA

View Full Version : Creator Quotes

Cellardweller
07-01-15, 2:19 pm
I have a pretty big quote file I started on my computer several years ago. It was born of me taking quotes from Animal articles, printing them and putting them on the was across from my basement set up. I have shared it with many of my brothers who follow my Journey but sometimes there's problems because its a Microsoft Works doc and not a Word doc. So I have decided to share it here a bit at a time to inspire us all. I started a new thread from "Crisis Situation" to keep this seperate from my own thoughts. For a couple years I was just saving quotes without crediting authors so I apologize in advance if I don't know who said something. I want to give a big shout out to G Diesel, Machine, Bulldog, Schak, Big Al and all the Animals who have contributed articles here as well as my Leigon brother and sisters. Some of you are quoted here too. There are also many quotes I've found elsewhere as well. Enjoy.

Cellardweller
07-01-15, 2:22 pm
"I am the man responsible for who I am. When I look in the mirror each day, I stare my creator in the eyes. I am responsible for what I have and will become, I am accountable for what I will or will not accomplish. I believe in myself, I bow to no man and my only critic of any consequence has walked every mile of this journey in my size thirteens."

"Without your own will, your own focus and ambition, your own back-breaking, burn-the-midnight-oil hard work you'll be nothing; regardless of who raised you or who supported you along the way. Despite the shrewdest guidance of parents and professors, the ageless wisdom of coaches and gurus, YOU, the creator of your life, must eventually stand alone, toeing the perilous line between timeless majesty and utter inconsequence"

“You are your maker” We build ourselves from the ground up one day at a time, one decision at a time. Moment by moment we create ourselves, in our own idealized image, in the shape and silhouette of the celestial… As creators this is our life mission, our solitary charge. To truly be iconic, one must keep pace with icons. To be godlike, one must keep company with the gods.

House

G Diesel
07-01-15, 2:52 pm
"I am the man responsible for who I am. When I look in the mirror each day, I stare my creator in the eyes. I am responsible for what I have and will become, I am accountable for what I will or will not accomplish. I believe in myself, I bow to no man and my only critic of any consequence has walked every mile of this journey in my size thirteens."

"Without your own will, your own focus and ambition, your own back-breaking, burn-the-midnight-oil hard work you'll be nothing; regardless of who raised you or who supported you along the way. Despite the shrewdest guidance of parents and professors, the ageless wisdom of coaches and gurus, YOU, the creator of your life, must eventually stand alone, toeing the perilous line between timeless majesty and utter inconsequence"

“You are your maker” We build ourselves from the ground up one day at a time, one decision at a time. Moment by moment we create ourselves, in our own idealized image, in the shape and silhouette of the celestial… As creators this is our life mission, our solitary charge. To truly be iconic, one must keep pace with icons. To be godlike, one must keep company with the gods.

House

Appreciate that shout bro. A lot of jewels in the archives. It is from this article, "The Creator"...

https://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=421

Peace, G

Cellardweller
07-01-15, 3:17 pm
Appreciate that shout bro. A lot of jewels in the archives. It is from this article, "The Creator"...

https://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=421

Peace, G

Whoops! Already messed one up. Sorry G.

Sprint
07-01-15, 4:10 pm
Still got that word document, I saved it to my old phone, and made sure to transfer it to my new one the same day I got it. Plenty of instant inspiration right on tap wherever I am.

G Diesel
07-01-15, 4:45 pm
Whoops! Already messed one up. Sorry G.

All good man. I make reference to a quote from The House in that article, hence the confusion.

This is an epic one from my boy Housey...

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=383

Peace, G

Cellardweller
07-02-15, 12:36 pm
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” Decide what you are to be, what you must do, where your journey must lead and move decisively on that route. "

"All of us here, we’re chasing after something, obsessed about it... Maniacal may be a more accurate word. We're willing to go the ends of the earth to grab hold of that thing that we want. Much of life is out of our hands, but every once in a great while, life presents itself and we can touch it... Lemme tell ya, it vibrates through the very core of our being... And those of us hungry enough, we can do more than just touch it--we can grab hold with both hands and hang on for the wildest fucking rides of our lives. See, this is why I'm in the game... For the ride... To take control of my destiny, even for a brief moment, cuz that, fellas, is the defining moment. That's the moment where we see who we truly are."

"This is how it begins--how you get on that slippery, icy slope that takes you right to the bottom and leaves you wondering how the fuck you ever got there. So the next time you tell yourself you're gonna take the day off on account of the snow or anything else for that matter, think about the footprints you will leave in the pristine snow, the ones leading to your gym. Look upon them as words you'll imprint on the blank page of your training log. When you're done, let that written page be a record of the fact that you busted your ass in the gym today and didn't spend it asleep under the warm covers"

Cellardweller
07-05-15, 12:42 pm
Reality becomes the cage that we reside in. How do we break out? Through questions… Through critical thought and reading between the lines... Most of all, through action and deeds. I will say this--there is no finer truth than the truth of rough steel in the hand. There is no clarity greater than that gained from the vision iron induces through the haze of pain. Fellas, at the end of the day, the talk must end. There will be time for that shit later…I get to hammering even harder… Harder until the only truth I hear, the only words ringing in my ears are those of the iron I have submitted with my own two hands. Who here hears what I hear? Speak up...

I am not strong because my endeavours are painless or easy to me; I'm strong because it hurts yet I persist, and because its difficult but I persevere

the day you start thinking you're better than someone else, you aren’t. The day you start thinking your superior, hang it up. The day you start looking down on another because he's got a fancy degree or because you think he's just another fatass is the day you're lost. Punish the fucking iron. Not the kid next to you

Cellardweller
07-07-15, 6:10 am
Most powerlifters share some common defects. We, as a whole for whatever reason, LOVE to punish, beat and torture ourselves beyond the limits of mind and body. It is our spirit that prevails. This defect of intelligence and sensibility pushes us on to the next level, makes us better and stronger

I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy

The iron and I have our war. Damn, it's tough, I'll never break this iron. I decide I'm going to return the favor, I'll never break on it either. We're in it together.

Cellardweller
07-08-15, 12:20 pm
Pain is temporary, It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit however, it lasts forever. That surrender, even the smallest act of giving up, stays with me. So when I feel like quitting, I ask myself, which would I rather live with? Facing up to that question, and finding a way to go on, is the real reward, better than any trophy.
-Lance Armstrong

THE TOUGHTEST LIFT of all... is your ASS off the couch

Cellardweller
07-09-15, 9:55 am
This is a declaration of war. For far too long, the status quo has been tolerated. In fact, being average is not only allowed, it is encouraged. Your peers chastise you for striving, for struggling, for wanting more. They paint you as a dreamer. They want you to quit, they want you to fail, so they can feel better about their sorry lot. The less you make of yourself, the less they will be expected to accomplish. These are your sworn enemies. And while they may smile to your face, in private they pray for your demise. You must cut these cold, empty vessels out of your life like a malignant tumor and move on without hesitation. Waste none of your energy on these parasites who expect a free ride. Know that there are no birthrights. The only thing you are guaranteed at birth is death. You have a right to that. The rest is earned. You are entitled to nothing. Fuck a lottery ticket… I prefer to get mine the hard way. There is a war going on outside your cozy bedroom window-- An epic battle between the murderers of spirit and the architects of history. The critics vs. the conquerors. Which side are you on?

Buckfever
07-09-15, 3:16 pm
Thank you for putting this up!

G Diesel
07-09-15, 4:46 pm

Word.

Peace, G

Cellardweller
07-11-15, 11:46 am

I've been doing this for a few years now and it's hard to share it. This was the best thing I could think of.

Cellardweller
07-11-15, 11:47 am
In every facet of life, if you aren't growing (physically, intellectually, emotionally, spiritually) you are dying. Grow or die… The choice is yours

Say what you mean and mean what you say, be a fucking man. Grow a pair and conduct yourself as an individual of consequence. Allow your words to have purpose, your actions to be wrought with meaning. Be not an empty vessel, the emasculated post-millennial male carrying on conversations about fragile feelings and feeble emotions like some whiny episode of Friends. Give me a fucking break.

Cellardweller
07-12-15, 12:38 pm
Life isn't about finding yourself.
It's about creating yourself

I strive to live up to my personal vision of my ideal self.

I don't compare myself to the people I see everyday. In every facet of my life, I measure myself against the best

how much more work I have left to do, how far I have yet to progress, how I can't afford to cut corners or take days off. Never settle, Animal

Cellardweller
07-12-15, 12:39 pm
It is a mental game… Like poker or chess, except in this battle of wits, your sole opposition is the self and common sense. Head games, the kind you have to play on yourself when you are neck deep in the pain of a rough set or faced with an imposing challenge… These are the tricks of the trade. “You'll never amount to shit… It will never happen unless…” It whispers in my ear as my body screams at me to stop squatting at 15 reps and here I am passing number 40, ass in the grass, lightheaded with my fingers tingling from lack of blood flow. Two at a time. Not counting in fives or tens… Just two at a time. Two ain't shit, seems like nothing, down and up twice, no big deal. But 2 + 2 + 1 = 5, and that adds up fast. Your mind will not let you fail if you are convinced that the straits are dire enough… Imagine the worst of fates, the most critical of conditions and envision these outcomes being what awaits you if you fall short. There is no obstacle too great to overcome, no terrain too rocky or treacherous to cross, if you can only conquer the most formidable territory known to man-the eight inches between your ears.

Cellardweller
07-15-15, 2:17 pm
Never accept “good enough” or “that's just the way it is.” Demand more of yourself… Demand more of life

In a world of sloth and apathy, immorality and ambiguity, be the guy who goes the extra mile, not the one who just gets by. Pursue the you that you long to be… In the end, when you're dead and gone, nothing else will matter.

Cellardweller
07-16-15, 1:45 pm
“Winners have simply formed the habit of doing things losers don't like to do.” Words to live by… As true as the sky is blue and as sure as water is wet. Making habitual that which is arduous and challenging and often times uncomfortable is a sure-fire recipe for success. We are, as people in “decent society”, preconditioned to avoid instances of pain and hardship. To endure as a species we are taught to run in the opposite direction of danger, to avoid confrontation and scenarios of great adversity. Bonded by this common approach to existence, the flock flourishes, a homogenized mass fanning itself in the cool tranquility of the status quo. There is no pressure in the shade, no great struggle. Knowing this, we realize that in order to achieve beyond the limits intended we must leave the confines of that which is safe and challenge what we know to be the accepted norm. We must unlearn and devolve. We must stand in defiance of our predetermined limits. There is a word for those who go against the grain, those who turn left when the rest of the world turns right. Champions. They are the winners… Win or lose

Put no greater emphasis on the glorious tales of your victory than on the tragic accounts of woe that document your defeats. Never be too full of yourself but do not abide for a single second another's attempt to steal from you your inherent worth

G Diesel
07-16-15, 2:31 pm
YES.

Peace, G

Cellardweller
07-16-15, 8:24 pm
YES.

Peace, G

That is the highest form of approval. I'm just getting started though. Hold on tight ...

Cellardweller
07-16-15, 8:26 pm
There are two kind of people in this world: you and “that guy”. Each day when we roll out of the rack, wipe the crust from the corners of our eyes and scratch our nuts on the way to the shower we make a decision. Continue upon the path which we've chosen, no matter how arduous that journey may be or instead, we can be “that guy”. In all honesty it is a simple choice, cut and dry if you will. To be who we have chosen to be, to be a warrior, to be a leader… Or to merely be “that guy”. You know him well. He takes the easy way out, he cuts corners. He talks a big game but disappears when the shit hits the fan. He lacks honor and integrity, shrugging these ideals off as antiquated notions too lofty to be concerned with. He prefers notoriety over respect, quantity over quality, sizzle over steak. He has chosen the path of least resistance, the easy way out. “That guy” is the weak and insecure, the scheister or swindler, the cheater who so often grifts his way to the spoils. He feels he has the game figured out… He's got the house beat. But in the end, in the final chapter, when you come face to face, nose to nose, he'll know in his heart that he has no chance. He'll be beaten before the bell ever rings. When it comes down to brass tacks he knows the deal and the bottom line is that you're made of different stuff… Forged in fire, weathered in the elements, you're battle tested. When the bells of war toll, “that guy” is shit out of luck and he knows it. Don't be that guy.

Cellardweller
07-18-15, 11:16 am
What you do have to do is start taking your workouts seriously and set serious goals for the immediate as well as the long term future. You also have to do something most people can't do: Think for yourself. Don't be led by one-hit, flash-in-the-pan superstars. In this sport, most bodybuilders are a legend in their own minds. Divorce yourself from the idea that there is an easy way to step into this arena. 99% of this life is what you make of it, so if your life sucks, you suck... Resist the temptation to quit or make excuses and don't stand on the shoulders of others to shape your image or your body.

Cellardweller
07-19-15, 12:20 pm
My point is simply this: If you want something so bad that you would sell your soul, then there isn't one thing that will stop you... Never believe that the circumstances of your life dictate that you can't become a huge, rampaging, fucking beast. Instead, use the situation you're in to motivate yourself to become an Animal. Train like someone is gonna' kill your family if you fail. Remember, all we have is what we do in this life... if you're doing nothing, then you're just waiting to die. See you in the arena, fellow warrior

Cellardweller
07-23-15, 1:33 pm
Bodybuilding is war. Once you start, you can't back out and say you're sorry. When you enter a war, you plan for invasion. Every piece of the puzzle has a place. You have to assume tactical command and take responsibility for your theater of operations. The competitive life you save may be your own.

Cellardweller
07-24-15, 10:57 pm
Ever wonder why other athletes are passing you by? Maybe it's because you're at a nightclub, shaking your ass to the early hours of the morning. These are the same guys who attack my style of training. These fat fucks whine about how you can only do so many sets for this, and so many for that. As if they know. What divine power came to them and told them all of those secrets? I know when I'm done, if I'm not standing on top, it wasn't out of laziness.

Cellardweller
07-25-15, 11:47 am
There is no accident. No shortcut. No easy way out. There's only one thing you can't bottle or stick in your ass. It's a work ethic. Blood, guts and hard work are my main tools. Rage and anger is what fuels my intensity. Muhammad Ali once said there is no shame in going down. The only shame is if you don't get back up.
What matters in life is what you do. Not how much shit you can talk. Anytime you want to see me at work, look me up in the weight room and I will show you the meaning of pain and transcending limits. You want to beat me, don't miss a meal, because I won't. Don't quit on a set because I'll always be one set ahead of you. Don't walk out of my gym without leaving your guts spilled on the floor because you can bet your ass, I won't.
Walk your own path. Remove yourself from people who want to pull you down to their level. Believe me, I know it's hard, but at the end of the day, who else can you really depend on but yourself? I was born alone. I'll die alone. So I damn better be able to figure this shit out alone

Cellardweller
07-26-15, 5:47 pm
What more noble and dignified pursuit could there be than pushing the envelope of what we were meant to be? What is wrong with wanting more than the regular? Let me tell you what is wrong… NOTHING! When it all comes down, and its time to pay the tab, you know you are paid in full

If it were easy, everyone would do it. Champions are built brick by painful brick and that can take a lifetime. Sometimes it can happen without anyone even bothering to notice. Take heart. The mountains you climb can't always be seen by an audience... Still, you must not stop climbing

Cellardweller
07-29-15, 11:59 am
Competition in all its forms is good. It propels us onward even though we are clumsy and unprepared for its rewards. We must remember that confidence kills. It will rob you of your desire and cheat you out of future victories and success. The ones who stay successful are those who realize the hunt is never over.

If you thirst for and value the work, then no one can rob you of a victory. No man is worthy to judge you. You will know no defeat and you will never fall victim to confidence.

You must do the work to receive the reward

Cellardweller
07-30-15, 9:07 pm
Decide at the start that YOU ARE A MACHINE OF TOTAL DESTRUCTION and your path of damage cannot be altered for any reason. Remember that you are a weapon that is ever changing in physical form, but your nature remains constant.

All of a sudden I say, “Fuck that. There ain’t no time to be tired. Now is my time.” So I dust off the rust and smash the fuck out of the weights, the machines, the people who doubt me, the ones who would keep me down, and anything else in my way. I do it for me and mine. I do it for us. I do it for you. And I got no fucking regrets. When it's done I will say that I would do it again...

Cellardweller
08-02-15, 11:01 am
Are you a man of will or merely a puppet subject to the whim of the elements that surround you? In the end, those that win the wars, those that rise to prominence, those that survive and prosper are not simply the most powerful or the most talented. Instead, they are those rare men of volition, those of steadfast determination and indomitable will who abide no outcome but to be the last ones standing. As you chalk up the bar, as you approach life's myriad challenges, as you live and breathe in this cold, cold world, do not run your mouth, do not merely train your muscles. Instead, exercise your will.

Cellardweller
08-06-15, 2:48 pm
So often we are in the moment, white knuckling the bar as we yank it from the floor; our arms compressed as we struggle to turn the descent of that loaded barbell on the bench from a negative to a positive. It is at this point, this exact moment that we make a decision--drop the bar, signal our spotter or grind that shit out. In this split second, out the window are the concepts of muscular contraction, forced reps, ATP and glycogen reserves within the muscle cell, dynamic strength vs. the training load… Fuck force, momentum, velocity, mass and even gravity. In this instant it is not an issue of mind or matter but simply a test of will. In this solitary instance all that is left is a man and the strength of his will

Cellardweller
08-12-15, 2:59 pm
Did you ever notice that sometimes to accomplish things that are very difficult we need to do things we don’t like? Sometimes we even hate the things we must do. If we accept the tedious tasks before us that lead to accomplishment in all fields, we stand to reap the rewards that come with success and victory.

BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE.

The more a man imposes his will and fights to apply control to the surrounding chaos, the stronger the man becomes.

Growth and progress comes at the price of pain and struggle

Live the life uncommon, achieve in the face of suffering and doubt. Fortune and fame are mere byproducts of the great man's quest, riches accrued through intimate knowledge of self and the acknowledgment of our own individual power.

Cellardweller
08-13-15, 11:17 am
Welcome to his Sanctuary
Ah, the gym- where he goes to self-reflect,
gain some inner peace,
and kick the crap out of some weights.
When he is there,
he’s as much in a state of grace as he is aggression.
Just him and his inner resolve,
going spiritual on some cold iron.

Cellardweller
08-14-15, 2:17 pm
Adversity

Times are hard, but I'm harder. Gotta be, cuz shit could always be worse. Never tempt the fates by wasting time sitting around pitying yourself. Things have a tendency to get a whole lot worse with the quickness… If you let them. Hard times are a part of life, but whether or not you let them destroy you, well, that is up to you. My suggestion is to expect this adversity, embrace it and use it. Welcome this hardship as it can allow you to narrow your focus and to vigorously channel your energy toward bettering yourself, toward reaching your goals and toward improving your lot in life. When the shit hits the fan, go to work. Rely on the ethic that has long served you so well. The unpleasant experiences we endure harden us, they make us battle tested and bulletproof. Know that the dark days are more responsible for forming and molding us than any birthday parties or flower bouquets ever could be.

G Diesel
08-14-15, 4:42 pm
Some old jewels here man. Appreciate the contribution.

Peace, G

Cellardweller
08-16-15, 3:02 pm
Doubt

We all know it well. Whether it is the nagging trepidation in the recesses of your brain or the skeptical glare of your “peers”, doubt surrounds you. The more you strive, the more doubt will linger, the more you leave yourself open to derision. Dare to dare and you put yourself out there. The longer and more directly you confront doubt, the less of an obstacle it becomes, the more easily it can be brushed off and cast aside. Embrace insecurity and that which seems uncertain. Believe in yourself, even when your better judgment doesn't have your back. Stare doubt in the face and push forward. Welcome doubt into your life, for it only plagues those that make decisions, those that contemplate that which is not promised. Know that some were born to criticize, to speculate and hypothesize while others were born to achieve and execute as others look on with wonder. Thank the almighty that you were born to be among the latter.

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, EVEN WHEN YOUR BETTER JUDGMENT DOESN'T HAVE YOUR BACK.

STARE DOUBT IN THE FACE AND PUSH FOREWARD

Cellardweller
08-16-15, 3:06 pm
Some old jewels here man. Appreciate the contribution.

Peace, G

I wish I could take credit for any of these entries. These words help me transform myself into something better, more whole. Hopefully they will grab someone else like they did me.

Cellardweller
08-19-15, 2:08 pm
Fear

…Or fear not. Personally, I'm rather fond of that tingle in my stomach, those hairs standing up on the back of my neck. They remind me that I'm on the verge, on the precipice. Treading on dangerous ground where few dare to walk. Doing that which is uncommon, that which is difficult, that which can't be done by most is naturally to be met by apprehension, for our inborn inclination is for self-preservation and while that shit may keep us alive it certainly doesn't always help us prosper. We must risk to gain a reward, we must be brave and courageous and take hold of our destinies. Fear like so many abstract concepts is only as real as we allow it to be. Fear is but a fleeting apparition, a cool autumn breeze to the determined man-he acknowledges it, he feels it on his skin and continues about his business undeterred.

Cellardweller
08-20-15, 1:41 pm
Everyone has dreams, but those who go live them are not only lucky but they have that Animal instinct inside them. They are always pushing and striving. They are never satisfied with their latest achievement. I don't want a trophy. I want to fucking win.

there is no better feeling in the world then that of accomplishing a goal that you set for yourself

Cellardweller
08-22-15, 1:59 pm
''I came home to find out that my boys received two trophies for nothing, participation trophies!''...''While I am very proud of my boys for everything they do and will encourage them till the day I die, these trophies will be given back until they EARN a real trophy.''
-James Harrison

"Sports days in schools are either being cancelled entirely, or at the very least every single kid who takes part gets a medal so that the losers don't feel bad.
From an early age, our youngsters, our future, are being rewarded for little more than mediocrity. Regardless of how much effort they put in, they get rewarded.

Is this having an effect in later life? How many times have we seen skinny-ass lads going through the motions in the gym? Throw up some reps on the bench, with shit form, then spend 10 minutes texting, talking to their equally skinny-ass buddies, walking round with their hands in their pockets before deciding to go back for another set, then maybe grab a sandwich from the counter on the way out and that's their food done for the next 6 hours until tea.
They do this for a year, and see no progress. But they've been brought up to expect to have something to show for their 'efforts'. They turned up for sports day, jogged the 100m, came last and got a medal. How come they've spent a year 'working out' and have got nothing to show?
Hang on, that guy over there, he's been here for a year and he's put on some quality size & is lifting heavier weights than he used to. WHATS HIS SECRET? Where's my reward for just showing up??"
-Sprint

Rewarding mediocrity leads to the unfortunate situation in which we now find ourselves. Where the hardworking folk get eyed suspiciously and doubted by the lazy, because our progress has caused them to think that we've found some amazing shortcut to results.

I want what's owed to me. Everybody does. But not everybody wants to fucking earn it.

Cellardweller
08-26-15, 1:59 pm
Everyone has dreams, but those who go live them are not only lucky but they have that Animal instinct inside them. They are always pushing and striving. They are never satisfied with their latest achievement. I don't want a trophy. I want to fucking win.

Something holding you back? Yeah, it's you

Listen up brothers. Motivation is the key to anything in life

Cellardweller
08-27-15, 10:54 am
Get moving. Not tomorrow, today. Don’t put it off. Get to work now. Believe in yourself and go get what you want. No, don’t just go get it. Attack it and take it cuz it’s yours. Take it cuz you know that in your heart if you don’t, you will never forget that it was there all along for the taking and you just bitched up and let it go. You have to be able to look yourself in the mirror everyday of your life. How is it going to feel if you let goals and aspirations pass you by? Love it, live it, be it...

Cellardweller
09-02-15, 11:18 am
Be real. Don’t be fake. Be smart. Don’t waste your time. Find that spark inside you and make it the biggest fucking fire around. Let it burn out of control. Take control of your destination and never give it up. Stop making excuses. Make it work. All the pleasures in life cannot compare to living your dream.
Get off your ass

Cellardweller
09-04-15, 4:59 pm
motivation, desire, drive and that Animal instinct to go for the kill by sinking your fangs into the jugular of your goal and biting down, crushing its windpipe, making it gasp for air till it falls to your claim. It's mine and no one else's

Surround yourself with good people that know your goals and want to see you reach them. Once you start down the road, never go back. There is nothing but question, heartache, and worry when you look to the past. Keep going forward. Keep your eye on the prize and chase it down. Fuck everything else

Cellardweller
09-06-15, 3:09 pm
This is not doomsday. It's not the end of the world. It's just another training day for me. Everything in life is up for grabs. I've got to take what's mine. I've got to be right in the middle of it. I stopped once to watch the sights. It was the worst fucking mistake I ever made. Don't make the same mistake. Not a single day will go by when you won't miss out in life, but I'm here to tell you the real life begins when you're in the weight room, struggling for a breath of air, fighting to re-rack that bar. Yeah, you can go out and play instead. But remember, playtime is for when you're a kid. And you're a man. So be prepared to get your hands dirty. Let's see some fucking sweat and blood. Let's rock 'n roll brothers

Cellardweller
09-09-15, 3:52 pm
This is the only life you have—the only opportunity you will ever get to take your shot, to do that which you are compelled, to be that which you’ve only dreamt of being. This miserable excuse for a life that you bitch and moan about each day is the greatest gift you’ve ever been given. Make the most of it now, because someday soon it will be no more. And that someday soon may be sooner than you think

Cellardweller
09-10-15, 12:54 pm
Another day another dollar, Animal. You've sought out a weakness, brought it to the forefront of your consciousness and annihilated it in broad daylight. Ever evolving and ever improving, your progress is not an accident but the result of honest self-evaluation and hard work. Turning flaws into strengths is the Animal's way of life. It is, to you, nothing special or exemplary, but the least you can do--it is your purpose, your destiny, you know no other way.

Cellardweller
09-13-15, 2:23 pm
“You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind.” - Dale Carnegie

You are on your last set of squats. “I got 405 for a hard set of 8, but I have never done 495 before…” Fear has already set in your mind… Already, you are preparing to fail. You have not used fear to your advantage. When I walk into a gym, I fear the notion that someone is going to be more focused than me, lift more than me, and train harder than me. This is the reason I train harder. I fear that someone is better than me, thus I make that person fear me.

Cellardweller
09-17-15, 11:50 am
Inside every catastrophy lies opportunity

When you are in a situation that can’t be avoided but must be dealt with, it is the attitude you take that separates the survivors from the victims, the champions from the defeated.

Cellardweller
09-19-15, 1:56 pm
Your body does not care what color you are, how much money you have, how beautiful you are, what car you drive or what your address is. If it wants your attention, one way or another it’s going to get it. And if you ignore it, well, the wake up calls just get louder and louder.

Cellardweller
09-20-15, 1:55 pm
For some reason in our culture, we assume you can be a strong athlete or a solid intellect, but not both. I value being both.

Treat food like prescription drugs

Define your own goals.
Pick where you’d like to be.
And get there.

If you can bench press the Empire State building but you’re sucking air walking up two flights of stairs, you are NOT in good shape.

Cellardweller
09-24-15, 1:39 pm
It is a cop out to make excuses, and defeatist to identify only what you’re convinced can’t be done. Dig deep within yourself. Build from a foundation of what you do best.

The casual daze of our monotonous days will rob us of the most valuable commodity we have—time. Wake. The. Fuck. Up. This day that you’re currently wasting living a life that is not your own will soon be gone, as will be the present moment in which you are reading this rally cry. This is the only life you have—the only opportunity you will ever get to take your shot, to do that which you are compelled, to be that which you’ve only dreamt of being

Cellardweller
09-26-15, 12:33 pm
We are the champions, the hungry ones. This is our jungle and we are the animals. This is where the strong get stronger and the weak get eaten. Once you enter there is no return. You survive or die

Cellardweller
09-26-15, 12:34 pm
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"
-Rocky Balboa

Orthodox
09-26-15, 2:07 pm
Get moving. Not tomorrow, today. Don’t put it off. Get to work now. Believe in yourself and go get what you want. No, don’t just go get it. Attack it and take it cuz it’s yours. Take it cuz you know that in your heart if you don’t, you will never forget that it was there all along for the taking and you just bitched up and let it go. You have to be able to look yourself in the mirror everyday of your life. How is it going to feel if you let goals and aspirations pass you by? Love it, live it, be it...

Great advice.

For me, the 'concept of hell', is not some external flame of fire. It is an enternal flame. Not being able to look myself in the mirrior is one thing but there's something even worse and that is to look at yourself in the mirror, walk away, and then forget syraight away, what you look like. This is a double sided man. Lost in reflection. For me, not being trye to myself is hell, and my soul therefore burns in shame.

Journey well

Cellardweller
10-01-15, 11:09 am
Society wants to box you in and make you fit a mold. Your family and friends seek to twist and contort you until you represent their ideal. Everyone wants you to be who they want you to be, so they can still be comfortable with the misery of being themselves. Consider yourself warned… I resolved myself to this reality long ago and in response committed my life to doing everything I could in order to survive and prosper, the only logical way I knew how—by turning myself into a fucking tank. I suggest you do the same.

Fortitude: Stand your fuckin ground. Man, I can’t tell you how much it turns my stomach to watch someone shit the bed as soon as things get tough.

Respect: To be a man that is respected, you must first show respect

Knowledge: True enlightenment pours forth from the understanding that we know so little. The quest to know and to grow from within is a lifelong voyage
The only thought that runs through your mind is to overcome

Physically induced pain is nothing in comparison to the feeling of regret.

“it's you vs you" you know what that means, when you tells you to stop, you keeps going"
-msktyshha

Cellardweller
10-04-15, 1:01 pm
Power is impressive. But controlled power? Now you're talking my shit. Feeling the pure, unadulterated power in the lift ... it's a rush you can't beat. But when it's spot-on, with perfect form ... that's when you walk away really satisfied. When you're in charge of the steel. When the bar travels in a perfect arc. Locked in at the top. Paused at the bottom. Hitting exactly the muscle fibres you want to. Controlled aggression turning all our negatives into one monstrous positive. All done with confidence in the knowledge you control what's going on. A mirror to your life. Your pursuit of this lifestyle. Everything in its place.

Cellardweller
10-07-15, 12:51 pm
I bunged a bit extra on the skullcrushers today. Love the exercise, love loading up and the discipline of form. In my quest to add a little size I'm feeling charged. I added my extra plates and got underneath it. First two came ... third was a gut-buster. Fourth halfway, then the law of gravity clamps down against the palms of my hands. The bar hovers, then down she comes to terra firma.
Failed? Defeated? I guess it comes down to how your define your failures and defeats. The most successful people in this world have also failed the most. It's how you grow: just like a tree shedding it's leaves. Growing a ring. Coming up again. Year after year, not to be denied ... from the acorn the mighty oak grows. Over and over my defeats and failures add to my success. I've learned to embrace them. I can't go ahead without missing a lift.
There is no dishonour. When it comes to the iron, there is no failure when the intensity is pure. It doesn't matter who you are. Think about it. When I see an out-of-shape bloke in the gym having a dead-set red-hot go, he's got my admiration as much as any big motherfucker with an olympic bar yo-yoing across his traps. The weight is no longer the focus, the energy. It's the intensity.
I walk through the day with sore triceps to remind me of my lesson taken.
It's not what you're capable of; it's what you're prepared to do.

-Necromancer -FORVM member

Cellardweller
10-11-15, 12:56 pm
Every day, I have climbed.
I have been counted out.
I have overcome.
Still, I am an underdog.
They always bet on the mountain.
I hear them.
I climb, every day.
Fuck the mountain
-FORVM member? Blake?

To approach combat with anything less than an unquenchable thirst for blood is pointless. Arrows freed with weak hearts...almost always miss thier mark. I say again combat...and that is our business , mind you...must be embraced with absolute conviction and commitment. If your resolve to do battle is weak...so too shall be the blows you strike for your cause. I assure you , you will not know a more fierce opponent in all your days as the one you face in the mirror. If you can commit to victory in the war for your soul...the rest will be academic. Never make the mistake of thinking you are involved in anything less than total war. I know the stakes in my war are high and that is why I fight hard every day irrespective of the battle field. You will never be told that you fought too hard in a battle...can you live with knowing that you didnt fight hard enough?

Never settle,
never give up,
always be moving forward,
and do what most people think is impossible.

Cellardweller
10-14-15, 4:59 pm
If you do what you always did, then you will get what you always got. you need to push yourself outside of your comfort zone....thats how you continue to progress

My thought process is this: if you don't do the right thing outside the gym, why even bother going in?

Once you really see how HUGE diet is to this, you probably will never go back to the way you were. You just need to start NOW and stop wasting all those workouts.

Cellardweller
10-15-15, 3:00 pm
Fact is today's society seems hell bent on eradicating our desire & need to work hard, earn what we get & pay our dues.
The so-called compensation culture sees the powers that be hand out thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands of pounds to people for twisting an ankle as they trip on a broken paving slab. Shit, I remember when that used to happen and you didn't tell anybody because they'd say "clumsy fucker". These days it happens and it's screamed from the rooftops in the hope of getting something for being clumsy.

Sports days in schools are either being cancelled entirely, or at the very least every single kid who takes part gets a medal so that the losers don't feel bad.
From an early age, our youngsters, our future, are being rewarded for little more than mediocrity. Regardless of how much effort they put in, they get rewarded.

Is this having an effect in later life? How many times have we seen skinny-ass lads going through the motions in the gym? Throw up some reps on the bench, with shit form, then spend 10 minutes texting, talking to their equally skinny-ass buddies, walking round with their hands in their pockets before deciding to go back for another set, then maybe grab a sandwich from the counter on the way out and that's their food done for the next 6 hours until tea.
They do this for a year, and see no progress. But they've been brought up to expect to have something to show for their 'efforts'. They turned up for sports day, jogged the 100m, came last and got a medal. How come they've spent a year 'working out' and have got nothing to show?
Hang on, that guy over there, he's been here for a year and he's put on some quality size & is lifting heavier weights than he used to. WHATS HIS SECRET? Where's my reward for just showing up??

Rewarding mediocrity leads to the unfortunate situation in which we now find ourselves. Where the hardworking folk get eyed suspiciously and doubted by the lazy, because our progress has caused them to think that we've found some amazing shortcut to results.

I want what's owed to me. Everybody does. But not everybody wants to fucking earn it.

Get your hands dirty, pay your dues, and hold your fucking heads up high.

-Sprint FORVM member

Sprint
10-18-15, 11:18 am
A privilege and an honour to be quoted in this thread, bro.

Cellardweller
10-18-15, 1:47 pm
A privilege and an honour to be quoted in this thread, bro.

The honor is all mine Mike. You've been a big inspiration. Hope all is well with you and the family.

Cellardweller
10-18-15, 1:50 pm
"Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes." - Fortune cookie at a Chinese restaurant.

If you ain't the lead mother fuckin' dog, you are ALWAYS going to be getting orders from someone else, ALWAYS going to be staring up someone else's ass hole

Whether you know it or not, the people you work with, associate with, the people you see on the streets, in the store, the people driving in their cars, the people you live next to - these people are looking for a leader. Maybe it's at work, maybe it's in school, maybe it's in the gym, maybe it's in your own house - wherever it is, be THAT guy.

At work, be the guy people respect (maybe not like) but respect nonetheless, that guy who goes the extra mile, the guy who does the job right the first time, the guy who the boss knows can count on you, knows when the boss turns his back you won't stop working. Hold yourself to a higher standard - embracing all the values of being an Animal

Cellardweller
10-21-15, 1:28 pm
When the people around you are dragging and feeling down, fire them up! Get 'em going!

When you feel yourself dragging ass let no one know. When your tired, beaten, and sore, don't let it show. Metaphorically speaking, don't put your hands on your head or your hips, don't bend over when your gasping for air, don't let your opponent, rather, don't let ANYONE fucking see just what your feeling on the inside when you FEEL you are about to drop, can't take one more step, can't complete another rep.

Cellardweller
10-22-15, 1:19 pm
even if your wrist is broken, you can still train like a fucking beast...stop looking for limiting factors and widen your gaze

Cellardweller
10-25-15, 3:38 pm
The fight against something that we know is going to be difficult and knowing that we will have to dig deep in order to achieve your goal, that takes guts. We all have had moments where we question what we do and why we do what we do. When I have these moments I always give myself a gut check. I fight through theses small battles and overcome day in and day out in order to win the war. Having guts is when you can put everything on the line and not being afraid of failing. Guts are knowing you will have to sacrifice something great in order to gain something even greater that you desire

Cellardweller
10-28-15, 3:24 pm
“So yesterday I’m in the supermarket picking up a couple things & as I check out, the cashier hands me my change. I dump ‘em into my pocket. We do a lot of things without thinking twice and everywhere, the change starts accumulating--in cars, coat pockets, wherever. Why worry about a couple coins--they’re not worth much, right? Wrong. Listen up brothers... All that change’ll add up to hundreds. It may not happen overnight, but it will eventually. You just gotta have the patience to see the big picture. In the gym, it’s like time unfolds in front of me. After all, time is all I do have... Time to do things right, time to take my time. In here, I won’t shortchange myself by cuttin’ corners. In here, the change I’m making comes in denominations of 45s... And with every weighted pullup, every last set, my change jar is slowly fillin’ up.”

skibasgym
10-29-15, 9:24 pm
I am a huge fan of quotes and motivation. Thank you for sharing your collection.

Cellardweller
11-01-15, 4:24 pm
"It's not about what you've done, it's not about what you could do, it's about your commitment to right now, to each day." Commit to each fucking day. Don't save yourself for tomorrow. For our time is short and your time could be right now

Cellardweller
11-04-15, 2:29 pm
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

- Theodore Roosevelt

G Diesel
11-04-15, 3:07 pm
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

- Theodore Roosevelt

I'm not necessarily big on famous quotes, but this right here is among the best ever. Quite literally words to live by that have always inspired me immensely.

Peace, G

Cellardweller
11-05-15, 2:03 pm
What I focus on is what I get. So I remind myself to stop focusing on the nagging pain. ... That is what I must focus on: solutions.
Shit happens. So take the hit and deal with it. At the end of the day is there any other way? The success of my journey will be measured not by the obstacles in my path, but the way I overcame them

Cellardweller
11-07-15, 11:42 am
the killer instinct in you won't let you quit. you will be a nightmarish wreaking machine that will wreak chaos and throw off what most people call balance. don't make apologies to those who don't understand who you are...eliminate dead weight...change the fuckin status quo.. and BE what everyone fears you will BE

Cellardweller
11-11-15, 1:35 pm
heroes
they are usually the strongest guy at the gym who usually given that title because he's putting up 500 or so on the bench. he does a million chest movements. never does legs however. wants to get his swole on. he's what every guy in the gym wants to be and what every girl wants to be with. he's usually giving bad advice on how to get his bench up. all the douches love him though. the gym owner like'em because he brings people to the gym. problem is with the heroes is that they aren't legit. they are comfortable with showing off to the other gymrats on international chest day like he's a star so almost every session is a social time for them. and even worse...they are content and comfortable. they are usually there til someone stronger steps into place and then they fade away...good.

villians
these are my types of motherfuckers. these guys could care less about who's watchin him or let alone what he's doin. he comes in with a purpose of getting stronger and better than yesterday. he doesn't say shit to anyone. why? cause no one in his immediate area is worth a damn. they are all douchebags til proven wrong. you know the types. they are the ones who bring in the chalk that gym owners hate. they roar like overgrown animals in the gym scaring away the "little" people and don't give a fuck. they bend bars too. they bust ass 24/7. the heroes can't stand these guys cause they are stronger than them. a lot of these guys are competitors. so they have that killer instinct. they will do what they do to accomplish their goals. they are legit. but because of the pussy society we have today they want to see the heroes but not the villains cause the villians intimidate the normal people...

-Awesome post by FORVM member Warlord

Cellardweller
11-14-15, 1:21 pm
You are all alone. An island unto itself. You don’t hear or see the others, the weak ones, drifting around you. You are made of sterner stuff. These people begrudge you for being all that they will never be. If you looked, you would see it in their eyes. Their resentment is fuel for the machine you want to become. So focus on the iron. Build

Cellardweller
11-18-15, 12:46 pm
Always look at the bright side, it may sound stupid at first but make a habit of it and your life looks a lot better that way then you'll take that positive energy and bust the fuck out of that rut because you'll be so up nothing can hold you the fuck back.

Not engaging an obstacle to your full potential is to waste your life. Dont just overcome the barrier, dont just get by, destroy it, shatter the standard and redefine it. Become the end all be all of your own life, to do so is to truely live.

Cellardweller
11-21-15, 12:55 pm
if you’re hungry enough, you will be the last man in the gym and you leave it all in the gym...no fuckin excuses.

"Genetics or luck or privilege mean nothing in the face of a positive attitude and a relentless will. If you are truely hungry to succeed and are willing to accept nothing less of yourself, then all out, balls to the wall effort, then you cannot be stopped."

-G Diesel Animal Arms Vol I

skibasgym
11-21-15, 5:51 pm
“Winners have simply formed the habit of doing things losers don't like to do.” Words to live by… As true as the sky is blue and as sure as water is wet. Making habitual that which is arduous and challenging and often times uncomfortable is a sure-fire recipe for success. We are, as people in “decent society”, preconditioned to avoid instances of pain and hardship. To endure as a species we are taught to run in the opposite direction of danger, to avoid confrontation and scenarios of great adversity. Bonded by this common approach to existence, the flock flourishes, a homogenized mass fanning itself in the cool tranquility of the status quo. There is no pressure in the shade, no great struggle. Knowing this, we realize that in order to achieve beyond the limits intended we must leave the confines of that which is safe and challenge what we know to be the accepted norm. We must unlearn and devolve. We must stand in defiance of our predetermined limits. There is a word for those who go against the grain, those who turn left when the rest of the world turns right. Champions. They are the winners… Win or lose

Put no greater emphasis on the glorious tales of your victory than on the tragic accounts of woe that document your defeats. Never be too full of yourself but do not abide for a single second another's attempt to steal from you your inherent worth

Awesome! Appreciate your quotes.

Cellardweller
11-27-15, 3:23 pm
Awesome! Appreciate your quotes.

Thanks!

Cellardweller
11-27-15, 3:25 pm
"It’s late and I’m out of focus. I feel adrift at sea, lost in my backbreaking labours. Then all at once it hits me like a beacon in the night. In the middle of my rep, halfway through my set, that familiar feeling returns... The pain. It washes over me, wave after wave. My senses reel. Yeah, I could drop it all, walk away from this burden. Instead, I grit my teeth, catch my breath, and plough forward. When the going gets tough, many head for safe harbour. I don’t. I welcome the pain -- it keeps me honest. It grounds me. Brothers, this sea is wide and rough. Though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you"

- Wrath

Cellardweller
12-02-15, 2:52 pm
"I stand here looking for signs of progress. After all the sacrifices, the early mornings, the meals, what stands before me is a man striving for something more. Behind the fear and doubt, a fire burns fierce with determination. Yeah, I see a man unsure of what’s out there. But that’s not gonna turn me away."
- Wrath

“To the nay Sayers, I say your words will fall on deaf ears. To the doubters, take your misgivings elsewhere. To the envious, do not desire what we will achieve. I will beat back mediocrity with a fierce hand, will demolish conformity, so that when it’s time to cash in my chips, I won’t leave a legacy of regret that I didn’t go for mine. In each one of us lies the power to start something... So to those of you out there who can hear, let me say again, who are you and will you stand with me?”
- Wrath

Cellardweller
12-05-15, 1:07 pm
I will not be content with where I am. I will not settle for second best. I will not reach my "limits" because I don't have them. I wont give in to pressure, I won't succumb to excuses. I won't be childish, I won't hold my breath waiting for an opportunity. I won't forget those who have come before. I won't have regrets. I won't take shortcuts.

I will improve. I will push forward. I shall become my own worst enemy. I shall thrive where others fail. I will find hope in a bleak circumstance. I will let my actions speak more than my words. I will seize the day. I will carry this burden and not slow down. I will strive for more. I shall reach for the top and not let up or take it easy.

This is not a joke, this is life. It's not too hard, but you might be too soft. I have decided to pay the price. Ambition is my lifelong friend. The cost is nonnegotiable. Strive or sell yourself to mediocracy.

- Blake FORVM member

Cellardweller
12-08-15, 2:57 pm
just use the negative motivation you pick up from the fools who stand and watch. That is how I acheived my physique goals...I got down to business and relaized that I had to pay for my dreams with pain...it can be no other way. -Machine

Cellardweller
12-12-15, 12:46 pm
"What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose."

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't."

-Margaret Thatcher

Cellardweller
12-27-15, 2:24 pm
The diet of a champion consists of strife and sweat, I expect no less. I am ready to take on the evil in myself in hopes to control its direction of anger. This is not a birthday wish or a candle on some cake, my brothers I believe this to be the mandate of greatness.
-Blake FORVM member

"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer. "
Arnold

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."
Arnold

Cellardweller
01-03-16, 2:37 pm
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
-Socrates 400 BC

I do today what you won't, so I can do tomorrow what you can't
(this quote has so much truth and power in it.)

You'll never become a failure until you fail to try

Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it

Cellardweller
01-06-16, 2:24 pm
The last three or four reps is what makes the muscles grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens.
-Arnold

"I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts.
Time spent away from the Iron makes my mind degenerate.
I wallow in a thick depression. My body shuts down my mind.
The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found.
There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength.
Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's
impossible to turn back.
The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get
told that you're a god or a total bastard.
The Iron will always kick you the real deal.
The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver.
Always there like a beacon in the pitch black.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend.
It never freaks out on me, never runs.
Friends may come and go.
But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

-Henry Rollins

Cellardweller
01-13-16, 4:31 pm
"Each workout is like a brick in a building, and every time you go in there and do a half-ass workout, you're not laying a brick down. Somebody else is."
- Dorian Yates

"if you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got"
-Ronnie Coleman

"I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street."
Arnold

Cellardweller
01-20-16, 1:43 pm
"When push comes to shove, you gotta listen to your own voice... And if anyone tells you different, you tell him to shove it up his ass

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."
Arnold

No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
Socrates 400 BC

Cellardweller
01-27-16, 1:11 pm
“Each one of us has some goal we want to reach, and we must work toward that goal one step at a time. You can’t reach toward that goal and expect it on the first try. All your small steps will bring you just a little closer. You must continue to work toward this goal. You may take a few steps back or be at a standstill, but you will be learning from each step. Through hard work, self-confidence and motivation, you will find ways to move ahead. You alone can help yourself to move ahead in life and gain personal satisfaction. You only get out of life what you put into it.”
— Sid Luckman

Cellardweller
01-28-16, 2:55 pm
Why do I Succeed?

I succeed because I am willing to do the things you are not.
I will fight against the odds.
I will sacrifice.
I am not shackled by fear, insecurity or doubt.
I feel those emotions--drink them in and then swallow them to the blackness of hell.
I am motivated by accomplishment, not pride.
Pride consumes the weak--kills their heart from within.

If I fall--I will get back up.
If I am beaten--I will return.
I will never stop getting better, I will never give up--EVER.
This is why I succeed.

Funky -FORVM member

Cellardweller
02-06-16, 1:17 pm
“Each one of us has some goal we want to reach, and we must work toward that goal one step at a time. You can’t reach toward that goal and expect it on the first try. All your small steps will bring you just a little closer. You must continue to work toward this goal. You may take a few steps back or be at a standstill, but you will be learning from each step. Through hard work, self-confidence and motivation, you will find ways to move ahead. You alone can help yourself to move ahead in life and gain personal satisfaction. You only get out of life what you put into it.”
— Sid Luckman

"There is no such thing as maturity. There is instead an ever-evolving process of maturing. Because when there is a maturity, there is a conclusion and a cessation. That’s the end. That’s when the coffin is closed. You might be deteriorating physically in the long process of aging, but your personal process of daily discovery is ongoing. You continue to learn more and more about yourself every day."
-Bruce Lee

"There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level."
-Bruce Lee

Cellardweller
02-11-16, 1:07 pm
SMASH THE FUCK OUT OF THEM. Destroy and annihilate them. When the smoke clears, you tell them who sent you...
-Freak

Fear is much like failure. Everyone experiences it, but it’s your attitude towards it that is the difference maker. There will always be those individuals who hold themselves back in some way because they are afraid. There are also those individuals who will readily face the fear and take risks, not concerning themselves with what might happen.
Fear is an inhibitor. If you choose to accept it, you are settling for the fact that you 1) have a limit as to what you are capable of, and 2) you are compromising yourself and telling yourself that you WILL NOT break this limit.
Don’t ever do this. No one that chooses compromises will ever live a fulfilling life, however “safe” he or she may be. Don’t ever believe this. Courage is not the absence of fear, but finding the will to face it. You cannot be held back by a limit if you don’t believe that one exists.

Buckfever
02-11-16, 2:31 pm
SMASH THE FUCK OUT OF THEM. Destroy and annihilate them. When the smoke clears, you tell them who sent you...
-Freak

Fear is much like failure. Everyone experiences it, but it’s your attitude towards it that is the difference maker. There will always be those individuals who hold themselves back in some way because they are afraid. There are also those individuals who will readily face the fear and take risks, not concerning themselves with what might happen.
Fear is an inhibitor. If you choose to accept it, you are settling for the fact that you 1) have a limit as to what you are capable of, and 2) you are compromising yourself and telling yourself that you WILL NOT break this limit.
Don’t ever do this. No one that chooses compromises will ever live a fulfilling life, however “safe” he or she may be. Don’t ever believe this. Courage is not the absence of fear, but finding the will to face it. You cannot be held back by a limit if you don’t believe that one exists.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." ~Ambrose Redmoon

Sprint
02-12-16, 9:00 pm
This thread is epic, bro.

Cellardweller
02-14-16, 1:24 pm
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." ~Ambrose Redmoon
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

This thread is epic, bro.

Just one way I stay motivated. Thanks Brother.

Cellardweller
02-14-16, 1:24 pm
What is Animal? He is the one who pushes the boundries of possibility, and by doing so, transforms himself into something greater. The Animal defies convention. He punishes the weight and yet is not punished by it. Rather than cower from sacrifice and pain, he embraces it. The Animal is the one who hears that voice in his head, the one that talks of destiny. The road is long and rocky. The first step is taken…

-from Animal Chest DVD insert

Cellardweller
02-20-16, 2:09 pm
Stay uncomfortable, be distressed, stay under the knife. If you find yourself sitting down, stand up. If you find yourself walking, run. If you find yourself trying, stop trying and start fucking doing. If you are sleeping soundly and wandering pleasantly through dreamland, WAKE THE FUCK UP.

"Every single day requires sacrifice"

-Machine

Cellardweller
02-25-16, 1:03 pm
"Just because you train like an Animal doesn't mean you should look like an asshole doing it..... Be humble and people will respect you. They may not want to train with a sick fuck like yourself but they will at least respect you."
Schak

You are what you do most frequently. You are a product of your daily behavior. Excellence is not an occasional state of being, but a habit. Dream huge. Make the great efforts. Go the extra mile. Get your hands dirty. Do the work the next man isn't willing to do. Every fucking day

Cellardweller
03-06-16, 2:34 pm
When you become lazy, it's fucking disrespectful to those who believe in you.

Sick and tired of this weakness and complacency in the weight room, it makes me sick. Weakness is contagious, it infects people in a training space and before they know it, training intensity is out the door. Find a new hobby and don't come to the gym and pussy up our spaces.

MACHINE

Cellardweller
03-09-16, 2:00 pm
To transcend your limitations--physical, intellectual, emotional, you must grow comfortable with discomfort. You must seek out and welcome the sort of challenges and difficulties that crush lesser men. You must not only deal with fear and doubt and pain, but you must learn to love it. To be bigger, stronger, greater than nature or society ever intended you to be, you must embrace your pain.

Cellardweller
03-12-16, 12:49 pm
Society will seek to confine you. The status quo looks to restrict your growth. Your neighbor would rather you didn't prosper. Every day that we fight to rise and better our circumstances, reaching for our goals, we are met with resistance. But the truth is, the only real limits we have are those we place upon ourselves. With the boldest vision, the most vivid dreams, the most steadfast determination and a nearly endless capacity, literally the only thing holding us back is our doubts, our fears, that we may in fact, truly be more powerful than we ever imagined. Fuck your limits, push the boundaries of what is truly possible, and find within you the purpose for which you were born.

Cellardweller
03-19-16, 4:18 pm
“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
- Apple, Inc.

DirtMcGirt
03-19-16, 11:55 pm
In response to your post from 3-12:

I see eye to eye with you on this. I find it interesting how society essentially builds you up as a child telling you to "reach for the stars" and "dream big". These seldom true cliches merely make it that much harder to adjust to the cold reality of the real world.

As you said, putting the nerves, doubts, and insecurities to bed is the only way to explore the full breadth and depth of your potential.

Opportunity arises at the unsuspecting hour. When it presents itself, seize upon it purposefully; know precisely what you want from the situation, and be prepared to exact it with precision and tact.

Best lines were: "Your neighbor would rather you didn't prosper."

"the only thing holding us back is our doubts, our fears, that we may in fact, truly be more powerful than we ever imagined"

"find within you the purpose for which you were born"

Cellardweller
03-20-16, 11:54 am
In response to your post from 3-12:

I see eye to eye with you on this.

These aren't my quotes. I'm standing on others shoulders here. Most of these are from Animal articles that I've copied and pasted into a file what I found inspiring. Others are from posts that Animal sponsored guys like Machine or House have said or other FORVM members. Some are from outside articles I've read. Nothing in this thread is from me. I try to acknowledge the author when I can.

Having said that, I love your response and I appreciate you sharing that here. Success comes when you take a leap of faith, but it's yourself you need to have faith in. Belief in yourself will carry you forward.

DirtMcGirt
03-21-16, 8:56 pm
Having said that, I love your response and I appreciate you sharing that here. Success comes when you take a leap of faith, but it's yourself you need to have faith in. Belief in yourself will carry you forward.

The foremost priority in building up the courage required to take a leap of faith is believing in yourself. I wholeheartedly agree.

Cellardweller
03-30-16, 1:43 pm
There are men who, when they see a mountain, they desire to climb it. The mountain is in their blood. As long as they are away, their legs remain restless, their desire unconquerable. When they go to meet it, they leave everything back. They keep the baggage of society behind and carry only that which they need. Instead of the convenience & confort that dulls, they’ll sharpen their wits and rely on their instincts. I am like these men and I count myself among them. I too have something in my blood … It is iron. When I’m in this place, choice vanishes. I need to feel the steel in my hands … I want to lift it, destroy and shatter it. Like them, I only have what I need and nothing else -my will, this fortitude, these rough and callused hands. What more would I require? Nothing to weigh me down, brothers. In our journeys, we must stay lean and trim the fat … Take the essential and leave the excess. Unburdened, though the air in here may be dank and thick, though the lights may be dim, when I hit my stride, all I’ll see is the sky.

DirtMcGirt
03-31-16, 8:32 pm
"Take the essential and leave the excess"

The most powerful thing I've read today. Last sentence was brilliant as well

Cellardweller
04-03-16, 1:54 pm
“I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
-Michael Jordan

It's what you do when you are down that makes a champion
-House

Every day you train is judgement day. Each rep, each plate matters. You don’t make time for talk. All you care about is moving weight. Nothing else. This is hardcore. This is Animal. Can you handle it?
-Animal ad

Cellardweller
04-07-16, 1:04 pm
“Your Actions Are Your Priorities

If someone's life is so busy, why is he never busy doing the things that he says matter to him?

Power lies in what you put action into. Your priorities/actions are what have the power in your life.”
-Alexander Juan Antonio Cortes

Cellardweller
04-10-16, 12:46 pm
“People seek comfort, this is largely why I've coached against comfort and complacency my entire life...comfort is death.

Continue to train but not for vanity's sake, train because the wars and battles and strife will come, and when your enemies find you...let them find a cut-throat, a renegade, a conquerer, and an undeniable force.”

MACHINE

Cellardweller
04-13-16, 4:52 pm
I am a mediocre lifter with an above average drive. I work hard, really fuckin' hard. I work to surpass what genetics have not given me. I work to spit in the face of those who doubt me. I work because I have this insatiable drive inside of me that I'm better for having gone through something each and every day. I work to drown out all of the shit that fills my brain. I work because I have something to prove to myself, that I'm not some no-talent pussy and that I belong here. I work because over the years I've started to enjoy the pain. It is subjective to the one that owns it. Mine has become my truest of friends, my compass
P Diesel

Cellardweller
04-21-16, 2:37 pm
If you don't inspire yourself then you will always be waiting for someone else to come along and do something great so you can follow in their footsteps. At some point you have to lead.
P Diesel

Don't make your health someone else's responsibility
-Dani Shugart

Cellardweller
04-24-16, 11:14 am
Accomplishment should be the aim of everyday. Not enjoyment.

Aim every day to improve. Improvement shows itself in accomplishment, in the habits you form and those you get rid of. Aim every day to do more, accomplish more, tackle greater tasks and bowl through grander obstacles. Set out each to accomplish something, anything, then look back on your life and the work you’ve done with pride, rather than looking back on your life with regret for all the things you aimed to do but never actually did them. Begin today.
-Chad Howse

Cellardweller
04-28-16, 2:32 pm
Happiness comes from action. It comes from doing what you thought you could not do. It comes from pain, from suffering, from meaning, from accomplishment.
Without accomplishment how can you be happy?
Fight the voice telling you to take it easy, to relax, to quit.
This voice wants you to be a little bitch, a victim, a slave.
-Chad Howse

Cellardweller
05-01-16, 1:45 pm
Working hard when life gets hard makes people more resilient. Complaining, wallowing in self-pity, and blaming others in the face of difficulty gets people addicted to victimhood. And that adopted attitude of weakness can spread like a cancer. It causes learned helplessness and habitual pussification.
When life gets hard,*work*hard. Fight back, kick your own ass before anyone else has the chance – you'll steal their power. Can you think of a better remedy when life's circumstances have you feeling powerless?
-Dani Shugart

Cellardweller
05-05-16, 2:29 pm
“My goal is to be strong. Not strong twice a year in only three events that most of the world doesn't care about.*

Strong. Not strong as long as I'm wearing the right products and my song is playing.*

Strong. Dave Draper pick up the car and hold it while my buddy changes the tire because the rental didn't come with a jack strong.*

Pick up my wife one handed and hold her overhead like Bud Jeffries or Arthur Saxon strong.*

Fold a frying pan in front of you like Dennis Rogers strong.*

Real world strong. Every day strong. No wristwraps no knee sleeves strong. I want to grow up to be like myself strong.*

No excuses no exceptions. So I guess I'm neither powerlifter nor strongman.*

I'm a man”

-John Greaves III

Cellardweller
05-11-16, 12:39 pm
People of little intelligence and short on talent assert their knowledge, boast to others, and show off to society, because their capacity is so limited. When you are big hearted and good tempered standing out above a myriad of things, there’s no point on insisting on your merit and boasting of your fame anymore.

Cellardweller
05-14-16, 1:25 pm
DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT

Dylan Thomas

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Cellardweller
05-19-16, 1:41 pm
When you're scared, when you're hanging on, when life is hurting you, then you're going to see what you're really made of.

Going in one more round when you don't think you can that's what makes all the difference in your life.

-Sly Stallone

Cellardweller
06-05-16, 4:35 pm
"My recruiting key -- I looked for PEOPLE first, athletes second. I wanted people with a sound value system as you cannot buy values. You're only as good as your values. I learned early on that you do not put greatness into people...but somehow try to pull it out."

"Success is won by those who believe in winning and then prepare for that moment. Many want to win, but how many prepare? That is the big difference. "

"What is courage? Let me tell you what I think it is. An indefinable quality that makes a man put out that extra something, when it seems there is nothing else to give.*I dare you to be better than you are. I dare you to be a thoroughbred."

"Let me start with issuing you a challenge: Be better than you are. Set a goal that seems unattainable, and when you reach that goal, set another one even higher."

-Herb Brooks US Olympic hockey coach

Cellardweller
06-28-16, 3:38 pm
To be great one must be challenged out of all proportion to others. Do you wish to be great? Then you have to say, "Look at this that's asked of me. Has anyone ever faced such hardship?" If the answer is no, then do that thing and be great because of it.

Cellardweller
07-01-16, 1:54 pm
Focus on what you CAN do, not what you can't

Cellardweller
07-05-16, 12:24 pm
Where you sit in this world, how you see your situation, is all a matter of perspective. Behind the wing, back of the bus, first class or in the private jet, all different definitions of success. Remember, its all relative-- rich, sexy, happy, big, strong, old, young... These states of being are all in the eye of the beholder. What you will settle for, what's good enough for you, is all a matter of perspective.

-G Diesel

Cellardweller
07-10-16, 2:10 pm
The truly free individual is free only to the extent of his own self mastery. While those who will not govern themselves are condemned to find masters to govern over them.

Cellardweller
07-10-16, 2:14 pm
The smell of steel I'll take with me to the grave. The lifelessness of the empty gym full of tools to sculpt myslef into a living breathing piece of art. The hours I would spend, only wishing I never had to leave... Such a seemingly unforgiving cold blanket that kept me warm, unknowing that over time would be woven into a cloak. It is a craft within my own hands to master. I want to show others that from one's own personal hell much beauty and positivity could stem. My cloak, my home away from home, my first true love, here's to the cold steel.

-Jason Huh

Cellardweller
07-14-16, 1:18 pm
We are all apprentices in a craft where no one is a master
-Hemingway

from garage gym life, thanks John.

Buckfever
07-14-16, 1:47 pm
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."

Goethe

Cellardweller
07-21-16, 10:21 pm
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."

Goethe

Great quote. Probably applies to us all in some way or another.

Cellardweller
07-21-16, 10:34 pm
You must show no mercy...nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you...for your greatness will silence them all.

If what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever.

What do I fear? I fear stagnation and lack of progress. I fear never reaching my potential and being average. I fear being forgotten... The past... Yesterday's news. I fear giving up and being passed by, going softly into that good night. I fear letting those I love down, letting myself down. I fear settling, giving in to the "that's just the way it is" mindset. I fear dying without leaving my mark. I fear not feeling these fears anymore and just floating along. These fears feed me, they nourish my drive. I love my fear.

-James Brian Hellwig, the Ultimate Warrior

Cellardweller
07-31-16, 8:11 pm
“I wouldn’t tell somebody that they weren’t a powerlifter because they only bench pressed, or they only bench pressed and deadlifted, but, what the hell is wrong with squatting? What are you, afraid? I thought powerlifters were supposed to be big, tough guys. Strap your cock on, leave your pussy at home, put a bar on your back and bend your knees!”

– ‘Captain’ Kirk Karwoski

Cellardweller
07-31-16, 8:22 pm
“Most power lifters share some common defects, as a whole for whatever reason, LOVE to punish, beat and torture ourselves beyond the limits of mind and body. It is our spirit that prevails. This defect of intelligence and sensibility pushes us onto the next level, makes us better and stronger. We all have lifted sick and badly hurt,, When this subject comes up with normal people and other meatheads, we all have the prideful smile when we talk about lifting with a 100 degree temperature or a torn groin. Thank God that therapy doesn’t work on us.”

– Captain Kirk Karwoski

Cellardweller
08-08-16, 6:17 am
“The key is not the will to win. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.”
-The coach: Bobby Knight The team: U.S.A. men's basketball, 1984 gold medal

"I think sports gave me the first place where this awkward girl could feel comfortable in my own skin. I think that's true for a lot of women—sports gives you a part of your life where you can work at something and you look in the mirror and you like that person."
-The coach: Teri McKeever The team: U.S.A. women's swimming, 2012

“I have a rule on my team: When we talk to one another, we look each other right in the eye, because I think it's tough to lie to somebody. You give respect to somebody.“
-The coach: Mike Krzyzewski The team: U.S.A. men's basketball, 2008 and 2012.

Cellardweller
08-10-16, 1:52 pm
Don't cry to quit, cry to keep going

GunRock
08-10-16, 8:55 pm
“Most power lifters share some common defects, as a whole for whatever reason, LOVE to punish, beat and torture ourselves beyond the limits of mind and body. It is our spirit that prevails. This defect of intelligence and sensibility pushes us onto the next level, makes us better and stronger. We all have lifted sick and badly hurt,, When this subject comes up with normal people and other meatheads, we all have the prideful smile when we talk about lifting with a 100 degree temperature or a torn groin. Thank God that therapy doesn’t work on us.”

– Captain Kirk Karwoski

Amen

Cellardweller
08-30-16, 1:10 pm
Baseball and football are very different games. In a way, both of them are easy. Football is easy if you're crazy as hell. Baseball is easy if you've got patience. They'd both be easier for me if I were a little more crazy - and a little more patient.

I am a firm believer in if you can't get it the old fashioned way, you don't need it.

Set your goals high, and don't stop till you get there.

I am my own person. What I'm doing, I'm happy with it. I'm doing what I want to

-Bo Jackson

Cellardweller
09-03-16, 3:58 pm
Do not mindlessly follow the ways and customs of the world

-Musashi Miyamoto

GunRock
09-07-16, 6:35 pm
We are all apprentices in a craft where no one is a master
-Hemingway

from garage gym life, thanks John.

My pleasure Brother!

basspatrol
11-08-16, 5:11 pm
This is a declaration of war. For far too long, the status quo has been tolerated. In fact, being average is not only allowed, it is encouraged. Your peers chastise you for striving, for struggling, for wanting more. They paint you as a dreamer. They want you to quit, they want you to fail, so they can feel better about their sorry lot. The less you make of yourself, the less they will be expected to accomplish. These are your sworn enemies. And while they may smile to your face, in private they pray for your demise. You must cut these cold, empty vessels out of your life like a malignant tumor and move on without hesitation. Waste none of your energy on these parasites who expect a free ride. Know that there are no birthrights. The only thing you are guaranteed at birth is death. You have a right to that. The rest is earned. You are entitled to nothing. Fuck a lottery ticket… I prefer to get mine the hard way. There is a war going on outside your cozy bedroom window-- An epic battle between the murderers of spirit and the architects of history. The critics vs. the conquerors. Which side are you on?

Downright badass. I'm putting this one up on my bathroom mirror.

Cellardweller
11-09-16, 1:12 pm
Downright badass. I'm putting this one up on my bathroom mirror.

That's how all this started. I printed out quotes from the Animal articles and hung them up on the wall across from my basement gym. I even have some taped inside my work locker. I'm just wanting to share the inspiration.

Cellardweller
11-10-16, 10:20 am
To a certain degree , the modern warrior must seek to define his surroudings. One must never let the circumstances of their daily life or the atmosphere of the places they choose to inhabit...dictate the way in which they live their life. Your depth of character and your level of comittment should be evident to all those who cross your path...without you having to say a word...or plant your "hardcore" flag in the sand. Much power lies in words that are unspoken. Many battles are waged without actual battle lines being drawn. We...as modern athletes in our own right...must operate as cells. Power cells. If Bla Bla Bla Family Fitness Center doesnt want us...we dont want them. We will find an adequately outfitted weightroom somewhere...or we will pool our resources and create a new weightroom stocked with the tools of our warfare...the tools of our trade. Those tools , that rub the flesh from our palms until they are raw...they are no different...or of any less value than the chisel of a renowned sculptor. As I have said many times , it is pointless and futile to waste prescious energy trying to win acceptance or adoration from people who do not respect our way of life. There is a new wind blowing this time around...intolerance isnt as popular as it once was...we are stronger now than we have ever been before...we are armed with the knowledge derived from countless un-named troopers who tore themselves apart over years of painstaking experimentation...their quest was to become something different...to challenge the very concept of evolution. We are engaged in hyper-evolution...and we are empowered by our own mortality...mortality is nothing more than a reminder to move your fucking ass like you have a purpose. Your mortality should serve to motivate you beyond anything that I...or any man could say to you...it is your birthright...and a big part of your destiny to call on the strength of those who came before...use their strength and defy any categorey or judgement...defy those who would seek to disallusion you...defy those who would try to restrict your growth of spirit or physical prescence...defy any man or any group of men who would block your path...when they tell you what you are...you say FUCK THAT...and then you show them WHO you are. Together...together is the only way we can stand against the rising of the tide. We will see who is left standing when its all said and done. With brothers like you...I wouldnt bet against me.

MACHINE

There's so much on this website if you look around

Jay Nera
05-31-17, 1:03 am
Nice thread. A lot of solid wordsmithing....very potent.

Cellardweller
02-26-18, 10:28 am
“It’s easier to buy a ticket, than it is to prepare for the game.”

It’s easier to sit on the couch, than it is to hoist the trophy”

-Jaret Grossman

Cellardweller
03-07-18, 12:22 pm
Not a quote, but this will get you jacked up out of your skin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHpACV3esmE

Cellardweller
08-19-18, 9:52 am
The weight is just a tool. Do you focus on the hammer or the nail? You better focus on the thing you’re trying to hit.

-Kai Greene

spartan300
08-20-18, 3:04 am
Not a quote, but this will get you jacked up out of your skin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHpACV3esmEHe does have a way with words.

Cellardweller
09-07-18, 10:04 pm
Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork.

30% work out, 70% diet

Strength: anyone can work out for an hour, but control what goes on your plate for 23 hours ... that’s hard work

spartan300
09-08-18, 3:24 am
Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork.

30% work out, 70% diet

Strength: anyone can work out for an hour, but control what goes on your plate for 23 hours ... that’s hard workYears ago when I was still competitive people would often come to me for advice on training and nutrition. I would always start by telling these folks about the members of the UGOTTAWANNA tribe. Now this was no ordinary tribe. The elders wouldn't except just anyone oh no! They would determine how worthy an individual was by his desire to be part of this elite group. Many would complain how difficult it was, they would groan these tasks are near impossible to perform so much so they would cry out "What more do we have to do"? it's simple one member answered U GOTTA WANNA! I then would either proceed to help them or give them a swift kick in the ass depending on there answer. No program will work unless you're willingly committed to it. Bill Pearl once told me at a grand opening for one of his gyms that if I couldnt devout 8-10 hours to sleep every night that I might as well give up bodybuilding. I politely excused myself before our conversation was over and thought fuck this jerkoff. Did I turn pro No! Could I have YES! his comment pissed me off because at the time I was sleeping 4 hours a night working 2 fulltime jobs. I continued to carry my trusty igloo with me and trained 6 days a week and never thought twice about it you know why because I was part of that fucking tribe!

Cellardweller
03-26-19, 1:35 pm
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold

Your gym partner is not here to be nice.

Your body is a reflection of your lifestyle

Cellardweller
03-27-19, 11:54 am
“Champions aren’t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them, a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last minute stamina. They have to be a little faster. They have to have the skill and the will, but the will must be stronger than the skill “

-Muhammad Ali

Cellardweller
03-30-19, 2:18 pm
“The iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential it’s impossible to turn back”

-Henry Rollins

Cellardweller
04-03-19, 1:52 pm
“Though I may walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the meanest motherfucker in the valley “
-George S. Patton

Bean
04-04-19, 12:40 pm
Great stuff-went back through some old ones. If some of these don't make the skin tingle and blood start pumping...I am not sure if they are alive

Cellardweller
04-05-19, 7:46 pm
We all die. We will all be in a lot of pain. It’s inevitable. It’s part of life. But in the meantime you might as well be a fucking savage and live your life the way you want to live. And you might as well put your best effort and your best foot forward and train like a motherfucker.
-Mark Bell

It will always be about working your ass off and being consistent to be successful at anything in life! There is no easy way.
-Rich Piana

Cellardweller
04-17-19, 1:33 pm
Obstacles can’t stop you
Problems can’t stop you
People can’t stop you
Only you can stop you

Some quit due to slow progress, never grasping the fact that slow progress... is progress

Cellardweller
04-22-19, 9:15 pm
20 minute abs, 20 minute butt, 20 minute any fucking thing is a pile of bullshit! If you see someone with great abs, a great butt, a great anything, they didn’t do that shit in 20 minutes. If they tell you they did they’re a fucking liar! Come to the gym, work your ass off, earn it! So no matter what... it’s that time of the month, your back hurts, you don’t feel like it, you’ve got aches and pains, it’s still your mother fucking set!!!

-CT Fletcher

Bean
04-23-19, 4:58 pm
20 minute abs, 20 minute butt, 20 minute any fucking thing is a pile of bullshit! If you see someone with great abs, a great butt, a great anything, they didn’t do that shit in 20 minutes. If they tell you they did they’re a fucking liar! Come to the gym, work your ass off, earn it! So no matter what... it’s that time of the month, your back hurts, you don’t feel like it, you’ve got aches and pains, it’s still your mother fucking set!!!

-CT Fletcher

SYMFS... he motivates me all the time

Cellardweller
05-14-19, 4:34 pm
You’ve got to block out all the distractions when you train. Your focus has to be 100% into the rep. You’ve got to get into the zone. You know you’re in the zone when guys in the gym look you in the eye and then quickly turn away ‘cause they see the fire. You’ve got to be all business

-Mike Matarazzo

Cellardweller
05-26-19, 9:32 pm
your diet is not only what you eat. I t is what you watch, what you listen to, what you read, the people you hang around ... be mindful of the things you put into your body emotionally, spiritually and physically.

Cellardweller
05-30-19, 4:48 pm
“Don't compare yourself to the pros and want, or need, to be like them. Be open to inspiration – seek it, even – but train for yourself. Set realistic goals, but realize and train for the larger vision of training itself.

There's far more to the daily workouts than muscle and might. You're developing character and health of the mind, emotions, and soul at once. There are no secrets, no shortcuts, but there's always the search for another good workout, another stimulating combination of food and exercise.

It's the basics – simple, but not easy. You've got to sensibly blast it. You must love your workouts, though you might hate them. A good workout isn't just an outline of exercises, sets, and reps. It's focus and form, pace and rhythm, exertion and feel, instincts and knowing. That all comes with time, practice, guts, and understanding.

In a word or two, never quit”

“There's a season for bulking and getting strong, and a season for trimming and getting ripped. They both work well as the lifter makes his way toward his goals. There's the enjoyment of a change in menu and training methodology, and there's the education gained from experiencing different approaches. The various schemes are productive and the variety stretches the trainee's understanding of himself and the sport.”

-Dave Draper

“There’s the enjoyment of a change in menu and training methodology”. I never really considered this. Especially the diet part. I don’t really bulk and cut, but I have played with my diet and that can be just as fun and challenging as training. Especially when you start to see results.