PDA

View Full Version : Team Universe 2015.. Lets hear your thoughts!

G-Six
07-07-15, 10:15 am
So, the 2015 NPC Team Universe took place this past 4th of July weekend and first and foremost, i'd like to extend a congratulations to Universal Corporate's own Felicia "Lady Ignite" Foglia for her 8th place finish in the Bikini B division (There was fn 30 competitors in the class!) To be selected for 1st callout at any pro qualifier is a huge accomplishment, to do it at your first national show is in a whole nother league. People give bikini competitors shit saying they don't diet hard or don't train hard and if thats you, you didnt see Felicia prep like i did. Her diet was pure torture (at the hands of Animal Athlete Jason Huh and his wife). Her diet was tighter than 99% of the bodybuilders out there and thats the damn truth. She suffered and guess what, it showed! Congrats Felicia!

How about John Meadows!? Taking the Masters 40's and Masters 35 overalls. I have never been happier for another athlete to win a damn show as i was when Meadows won. Besides being an extremely knowledgable and talented prep coach, giving back to the bodybuilding community whenever he can, he's about as humble as a guy you'll find. He started competing in 1986 or something (i wasn't even born) and he didn't go to the national level until 1998. Hes tried for his pro card 19x and alot of the times he was one spot away (some of those he was screwed). Never said a bad word. You never heard the guy complain. The guy is straight blue collar bodybuilding and that's the kind of people that inspire me and that i like to follow.

Whattya think?

Kowboy
07-07-15, 10:25 am
I am excited to see John Meadows get it, I have seen that dude at Trader joes here in cbus (never talked to him) and it is insane that he just got his pro card. I am glad he finally got it, well deserved for sure.

J Wong
07-07-15, 11:03 pm
Congrats Felicia!

G Diesel
07-08-15, 9:16 am
Felicia killed it. Pure dedication.

And Meadows' tenacity over the years is beyond commendable. Such a smart guy. And always in crazy shape.

Question... I always thought the Team U was a drug tested event. Still the case?

Peace, G

P Diesel
07-08-15, 9:56 am
Felicia killed it. Pure dedication.

And Meadows' tenacity over the years is beyond commendable. Such a smart guy. And always in crazy shape.

Question... I always thought the Team U was a drug tested event. Still the case?

Peace, G

i was just tellin felicia she looks night and day different than last year. that kind of change only comes one way. proud of her.

tested? no comment

P

J-Dawg
07-08-15, 10:18 am
Felicia did an awesome job - I saw her sacrifice day in and day out here at the office and was super impressed and inspired by her ability to stick to the plan at hand, no matter how hard or drastic it was. Congrats Felicia!

And it was great to see John Meadows pull out the win after so many near-wins. The dude is an inspiration for sticking to his guns, after so many near-wins, and staying on the grind for the next show. Amazing.

Lady Ignite
11-06-15, 5:06 pm
Wow, I am so late in the game on this thread! It must have slipped by me. I was probably still recovering from diet brain, haha. Thanks so much guys! I gave it my best, no pro card, but I made first call outs out of 38 girls and earned 8th. I'll take it!

JHOORNSTRA
11-11-15, 3:13 pm
Congrats Felicia!

C.Coronato
11-11-15, 3:31 pm
Congrats Felicia. You looked incredible!