PDA

View Full Version : VikingFit - To Glory and Valhalla!

Thomasterone
07-14-15, 6:13 pm
Let's jump in the deep end with the most crucial stats.

Height: 6"2'
Weight: 286lbs

Best lifts - all raw
Bench: 520lbs
Deadlift: 600lbs
Squat: 485lbs
Log: 330lbs
Atlas stones: 365lbs

As you can probably tell, by nature I am a gifted presser, but my other lifts are decent at best. However, they are improving and will hopefully continue to do so!

Now on to the "softer" part of this introduction.
Why would I start this kind of training journal and why would anyone care to tag along for the ride?
To be completely honest, I had a training log several years ago and made some of the best progress I have ever made.
The reason why it proved to be such a worthwhile endeavour, I think, is because it makes me accountable! Mostly to myself
but also to anyone who reads and posts in such a thread. We all know, however motivated
we might be, sometimes we need the support from others and even though I love putting in the work and grinding it out in the gym
I want to make sure I don't cut any corners, and if I do, I want someone to call me out on my bullshit. Fair and square.

But why now? Well because I have greatly reevalued my approach to lifting. And I mean greatly!.
I have been lifting since the age of 15. Back then I needed to get my flabby videogamesandcandyconsuming
self in to shape for the usual reasons; Highschool, tits and vaginas. You know the drill.
For the past 11 years the style of lifting has predominantly bodybuilding style. But these past two years I haven't been able to really find my niche.
Bodybuilding really wasn't my main inspiration and having coached and prepped quite a lot of athletes (whom have done very well, I might add, but more on that in another post)
I very quickly grew tired of the scene and the big egos that occupy it, I was in so deep and knew everyone that whenever I hit the gym it very quickly felt like work again
and I just wanted to get in and get out, quickly!
I have always had a solid foundation of strength and could hang with mostly anyone in the gym, so I tried my hand at some powerlifting and some strongman, and found out that I had quite a knack for it!
Then I tried some strongman combined with CrossFit and I was completely sold!

CROSSFIT?!!?

If you are still reading, then yes, crossfit! I have found a paradise of a gym where I live with extremely talented and focused people and I thought to myself, what good is a 520lbs bench if I look like shit and can't even run half a mile?
My goal is not to become a 180lbs scrawny crossfitter, or become a games athlete. I am an adult with a great job and I lack the talent and the time to ever get to that level.
What I want to become however, is a 250lbs lean and mean explosive lifting machine able to do handstand walk and muscle-ups.

It is three months since I have started, and boy-oh-boy do I have far to go, but the great thing about starting out completely a-new is that I make a PR whenever
I hit the gym, because everything is still new! I recently did 3*5 strict handstand push-ups at 285lbs. I would have never done that if I hadn't given this a chance.

I could go on all day....I should let the lifting do the talking eh? A little video of my 520lbs pr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNT3BOiCV-w

Thomasterone
07-14-15, 6:14 pm
Aaaaaaand I put it in the wrong section....Great start!

Jay Nera
08-27-15, 12:20 am
Teacher?

Are your students scared that you might eat them?

P Diesel
08-27-15, 11:46 am
Teacher?

Are your students scared that you might eat them?

im a teacher Jay. i am run Life Skills class. haha life according to me :)

P

Jay Nera
09-30-15, 1:11 pm
im a teacher Jay. i am run Life Skills class. haha life according to me :)

P

I think that you guys and Derek Kendall should open up a school together. It would either create strong assertive people for society….or highly submissive cowards…. depending on how you guys go about it. haha