PDA

View Full Version : Is there any possible way to get the original animal rage formula?

KettleBellFreak
07-20-15, 3:08 pm
I need it in my life.

rainman
07-20-15, 5:45 pm
Amen to that. I have one tub of the old orange Rage left over and drop a scoop in to Shock Therapy for when I want things to go a bit wild. I can't believe I may only have 10 more workouts with 'La Bomba' left at best.

I have wondered why you discontinued the original formula as well? XL seems to be the same ingredients as the original with a bit of creatine thrown in, but in a smaller dose. Not knocking it or anything, but the original Rage had people talking about it in the gyms. Not so much now with XL.

Swolepez
07-20-15, 9:47 pm
Don't get me wrong, I like Rage XL but I feel it's similar to Shock Therpay as well in the energy department.. The original actually set Rage apart...Pump was for pumps. ST was more well rounded, solid pumps and energy. OG Rage was a kick in the teeth and a kick in the ass, all in 1 scoop

Razor
07-21-15, 8:57 am
haha this topic will never go away. Original Rage was awesome no doubt. My problem was i got a serious crash after like an hour. I like Rage XL because the energy lasts longer. But i know how much people worship the original!

Nix0r
07-21-15, 9:20 am
haha this topic will never go away. Original Rage was awesome no doubt. My problem was i got a serious crash after like an hour. I like Rage XL because the energy lasts longer. But i know how much people worship the original!

Working out later in the day, I live for the crash.

I just want more Green Apple everything in my life. Rage XL, Juiced Aminos... we have the technology.

Appollonian
07-21-15, 10:39 am
Working out later in the day, I live for the crash.

I just want more Green Apple everything in my life. Rage XL, Juiced Aminos... we have the technology.

Probably off topic, but is GAA Rage XL a possibility or are you just dreaming?

Nix0r
07-21-15, 10:52 am
Probably off topic, but is GAA Rage XL a possibility or are you just dreaming?

Hoping and dreaming.

KettleBellFreak
07-21-15, 8:35 pm

This topic doesn't need to go away! Animal is my favorite brand, but they screwed the pooch changing the formula. Animal rage is the best pre workout of all time. XL is garbage, and I hate to say that.

G Diesel
07-22-15, 12:09 pm
This topic doesn't need to go away! Animal is my favorite brand, but they screwed the pooch changing the formula. Animal rage is the best pre workout of all time. XL is garbage, and I hate to say that.

KBF, I too believe that OG Rage was the most powerful preworkout of all time--and all without any shady amphetamine derivatives or party drug analogues.

Here's how we probably screwed ourselves (with the greatest of intentions): 1) it had NO fillers. That's why it hit you like a shovel across the face immediately. That's also why it couldn't possibly taste like Snapple. 2) You got 44 full servings in a little tub--almost 9 weeks worth if you train 5 days per week. People are disloyal with preworkouts and at the very least want flavor variety more often than every 2.5 months. Too much value. Haha. And 3) It was too strong for the casual user. You and I and Machine and Dan Green might like the buzz of the original Rage, but for a newbie or novice or someone highly sensitive to stims, which makes up a decent segment of the supplement-buying public, it was too overwhelming.

That said, Rage XL is absolutely, definitely not garbage. I use 1.5 to 3 scoops on every training day (often mixed with Juiced Aminos) and it does right by me every time. This coming from a guy who gets about 5 hours of sleep per night on average, and really values a preworkout. Give it another shot and be generous with your scoops and I think you might like it more the second time around.

Peace, G

KettleBellFreak
07-22-15, 12:44 pm
KBF, I too believe that OG Rage was the most powerful preworkout of all time--and all without any shady amphetamine derivatives or party drug analogues.

Here's how we probably screwed ourselves (with the greatest of intentions): 1) it had NO fillers. That's why it hit you like a shovel across the face immediately. That's also why it couldn't possibly taste like Snapple. 2) You got 44 full servings in a little tub--almost 9 weeks worth if you train 5 days per week. People are disloyal with preworkouts and at the very least want flavor variety more often than every 2.5 months. Too much value. Haha. And 3) It was too strong for the casual user. You and I and Machine and Dan Green might like the buzz of the original Rage, but for a newbie or novice or someone highly sensitive to stims, which makes up a decent segment of the supplement-buying public, it was too overwhelming.

That said, Rage XL is absolutely, definitely not garbage. I use 1.5 to 3 scoops on every training day (often mixed with Juiced Aminos) and it does right by me every time. This coming from a guy who gets about 5 hours of sleep per night on average, and really values a preworkout. Give it another shot and be generous with your scoops and I think you might like it more the second time around.

Peace, G

I used 2-3 scoops and it just wasn't the same, it's one of the better pre-workout on the market, but animal rage had an intensity all its own, a higher level of thinking and focus that couldn't be matched. I knew there weren't fillers or shady shit in OG rage, that's why it was awesome. It was pure adrenaline. I'v been sticking to 400 mg caffeine powder, milkthistle, 4g arginine and 3g OKG and getting good workouts.

I don't think the rookies are really trying to take it slow. Most kids are growing up on coffee and banging some crazy preworkoht like cannibal ferox which supposedly has like 900g caffeine in two scoops, or something called Hyde that has 600g in two scoops. People Mix their shit with ephedrine and dmaa before they've even trained two years. Just hit reddit bodybuilding up sometime. The shit people take thinking it will make them Evan centopani or Wrath is fucking disgusting.

G Diesel
07-22-15, 1:18 pm
People Mix their shit with ephedrine and dmaa before they've even trained two years. Just hit reddit bodybuilding up sometime. The shit people take thinking it will make them Evan centopani or Wrath is fucking disgusting.

Haha. Gonna definitely check that out bro. And point well taken.

Peace, G

Appollonian
07-22-15, 1:28 pm
I used 2-3 scoops and it just wasn't the same, it's one of the better pre-workout on the market, but animal rage had an intensity all its own, a higher level of thinking and focus that couldn't be matched. I knew there weren't fillers or shady shit in OG rage, that's why it was awesome. It was pure adrenaline. I'v been sticking to 400 mg caffeine powder, milkthistle, 4g arginine and 3g OKG and getting good workouts.

I don't think the rookies are really trying to take it slow. Most kids are growing up on coffee and banging some crazy preworkoht like cannibal ferox which supposedly has like 900g caffeine in two scoops, or something called Hyde that has 600g in two scoops. People Mix their shit with ephedrine and dmaa before they've even trained two years. Just hit reddit bodybuilding up sometime. The shit people take thinking it will make them Evan centopani or Wrath is fucking disgusting.

I hear what you’re saying but to go expand on what G is saying I had several instances of walking into a Vitamin Shoppe and hearing someone complain about Rage. One guy hated how the Orange Juiced flavor tasted. Another guy who admitted he was sensitive to stims said he felt like he was having a panic attack, though I’m not sure he would know how that felt.

Personally I would still take the original Rage even if it tasted like pure Arginine, but I can see how from a business perspective Animal needed to change things up, both for taste and to limit how powerful each serving was.

Beach91
07-22-15, 1:41 pm
Rename Rage XL as Pump XL (obviously a powdered version) and bring back the original rage

Change the serving size to 30 per container, and there you go

I was actually pushing for creating to be included in the original-- but b careful what u wish for

I rougly get 4-5 hrs of sleep per night, and I never had an issue with taking rage for my 4 am session and still having energy later in the day

I think the general crowd did find the original too powerful, and the formula was changed unfortunately hurting the hardcore

I agree with Kettlebell, and have tried using 2, 3 even 4 scoops at a time, and still nothing compared to the original--- as well if u have to do this
the smaller container goes much quicker, which isn't cool

I would like to see rage xl changed to pump xl, and the original brought back

or maybe a promo or select runs of the product, if possible, at different times of the year

KettleBellFreak
07-22-15, 3:00 pm
I hear what you’re saying but to go expand on what G is saying I had several instances of walking into a Vitamin Shoppe and hearing someone complain about Rage. One guy hated how the Orange Juiced flavor tasted. Another guy who admitted he was sensitive to stims said he felt like he was having a panic attack, though I’m not sure he would know how that felt.

Personally I would still take the original Rage even if it tasted like pure Arginine, but I can see how from a business perspective Animal needed to change things up, both for taste and to limit how powerful each serving was.

That's kind of why it made me sad man. Animal rage had "hardcore" all over the container. A paragraph about how powerful and pure and potent rage was. How it wasn't for people who didn't need to go insane, how it wasn't for people who didn't want to find an inch and walk a mile. Animal told me they stood for hardcore not appealing to the masses and the almighty dollar. They said they appealed to the hard, the extreme and the downright best. And they pissed on that so some skinny mofo at the vitamin Shoppe would have a nice easy, tasty pre workout that him and his girlfriend could share.

Animal rage had a horrid taste. But shit it needed two ounces of water to mix up and bam, gone. I'm just biased against the new formula because og rage was the first pre workout that didn't give me shots, jitters, a horrible crash, nothing. Just good clean lifting.

Swolepez
07-22-15, 8:37 pm
Animal rage had "hardcore" all over the container. A paragraph about how powerful and pure and potent rage was. How it wasn't for people who didn't need to go insane, how it wasn't for people who didn't want to find an inch and walk a mile. Animal told me they stood for hardcore not appealing to the masses and the almighty dollar.
I was coming in to say this. Yes Rage XL is probably a smarter move in the business sense as it can appeal to the masses or majority but Animal did and does advertise themselves as being there for the hardcore and not just for the average gym goer.

Also, for those saying try 2-3 scoops.. Doesn't that take away from a product if it takes that many scoops to get a desirable effect? Esp, when the original was a true 1 scooper and the new version is suppose to be the new and improved? More scoops = spending more money faster...

Don't get me wrong, I like Rage XL. I personally have to take 2 scoops. But, I do wish the original was still available..

KettleBellFreak
07-22-15, 9:21 pm
Also, for those saying try 2-3 scoops.. Doesn't that take away from a product if it takes that many scoops to get a desirable effect? Esp, when the original was a true 1 scooper and the new version is suppose to be the new and improved? More scoops = spending more money faster..

My thoughts exactly... I don't even mind it being more expensive if it's quality shit.

Aggression
07-25-15, 5:39 pm

Too much real life in this post. And the whole 'hit you like a shovel across the face' made my laugh out loud. Its nice to hear someone, from a company standpoint, come right out with a brutally honest answer as to why the change was done. There ain't no 'white-washed company template response' here.

Now let's get J-Dawg to work on a pre-workout that mimics that of 'The Monster' in one, convenient tub. #DoIt. #GoHard?

Nix0r
07-26-15, 1:03 am
Too much real life in this post. And the whole 'hit you like a shovel across the face' made my laugh out loud. Its nice to hear someone, from a company standpoint, come right out with a brutally honest answer as to why the change was done. There ain't no 'white-washed company template response' here.

Now let's get J-Dawg to work on a pre-workout that mimics that of 'The Monster' in one, convenient tub. #DoIt. #GoHard?

I'm pretty certain that's just cocaine.

Phil800101
07-26-15, 4:03 pm

Animal Yayo.

G Diesel
07-27-15, 9:27 am

Now let's get J-Dawg to work on a pre-workout that mimics that of 'The Monster' in one, convenient tub.

Just being honest and telling it like it is. Our intentions for OG Rage were the best and loftiest, you know it well. But it is an unfortunate truth that only a small segment of the supplement-buying public was interested in a formula that brutal and no-bullshit. I think the preferred preworkout in 2015 is some sort of adderall cocktail that tastes like Hi-C fruit punch.

Animal Yayo.

I wouldn't touch the stuff.

Why... You buying?

Peace, G

KettleBellFreak
07-31-15, 7:18 pm
think the preferred preworkout in 2015 is some sort of adderall cocktail that tastes like Hi-C fruit punch.

Couldn't have said it better..