PDA

View Full Version : Overloading the Muscle

Orthodox
08-01-15, 9:50 am
When it comes to training the muscle, what's your thing guys? Heavy or light? I guess it will depend on your goals. If your a golden child of power lifting, then sure one would train heavy, but if your roaming in the Iron world as a body builder, as in competitor, for both roads build up your body, then using light weight can often get in the deepest depths of any muscle fibres, helping develop small muscles even Bruce Lee would be jealous of.

When did you last forgot all time and lose yourself in concentration, trying to seek out that illusive pump, using a 5kg dumbbell?

zubda345
08-02-15, 9:41 am
you muscle don't know what weight you are putting on it, it only know about the tension. Even if I do only 4 sets of bench press after a warmup my chest is so damn pump, but I know only that is not going to develop it so i have to work past that. As far as strength size and stuff like that goes, and how long will it take to develop it, depends on your genetics and your eating and your rest i would say.

If I work for 8 hours a day and then get all the shit at home and not good quality food and am so tired to go to the gym that i can't work well. you don't need to be a scientist to figureout the results

Jay Nera
08-27-15, 12:11 am
Im a powerlifter, but i like chasing the pump to make muscles grow. I like using both. Lifting heavy at the start and then later in the session doing more pump up types of things..

P Diesel
08-27-15, 2:43 pm
Im a powerlifter, but i like chasing the pump to make muscles grow. I like using both. Lifting heavy at the start and then later in the session doing more pump up types of things..

i have to agree w Jay on this for sure

P

sgerwel1985
08-27-15, 3:16 pm

Preach it brother! I like starting all my workouts with the main 3, then go for BB movements after. The only day i switch that up slightly is on legs, over the last few weeks i've been doing a few sets of leg extensions/curls depending on front/back squat days (light/high rep) to warm up. Notice less knee pain that way.