PDA

View Full Version : Special Olympia ABC Event in Vegas

Animal
08-12-15, 10:58 am
Just a placeholder for more details to come at the 2015 Olympia.

J-Dawg
08-12-15, 12:00 pm
Subbing here for the updates.

naturalguy
08-12-15, 12:45 pm
In for Sin City weights

HIGA MONSTER
08-12-15, 6:21 pm
Just a placeholder for more details to come at the 2015 Olympia.

Subbing here for the updates.

In for Sin City weights
BOOM...

Let me know when and where.
I will be there helping referee "America's Strongest Woman" and "Master's National Strongman Championship" at the Olympia Expo anyway.

Flying in on Wed morning, and leaving on Sunday morning.
Lemme know boys! Was planning to stop by the booth whenever I can.

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
08-16-15, 10:34 pm
Well, don't know if I can see you guys cause I am going to fly out of Vegas on Saturday night at 5:30pm.
Was so much CHEAPER to get out Sat night compared to Sunday morning. Like $150 cheaper.

Regardless, I will plan to stop by your booth at the Olympia whenever I can.
I will be in Vegas the Wednesday morning prior, but need to return Sat night.

HIGA

G Diesel
08-21-15, 10:01 am
Heard big things are on deck...

Peace, G

Animal Rep
08-21-15, 1:25 pm
http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag269/sluggg000x/OlympiaABC1_zpsqlc7hxkt.jpg (http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/sluggg000x/media/OlympiaABC1_zpsqlc7hxkt.jpg.html)

Happening Friday night Olympia Weekend. Gonna be our first time in town with The ABC in a while so we want to bring it hard. Wrath and Huh will be preset bangin' the weights with the rest of the Animal Crew. So come by, meet some more bros, lift some weights, and get some eats.

N. Motta
08-21-15, 1:30 pm
Damn. Might have to see if I can snag a quick flight from Salt Lake.

HIGA MONSTER
08-24-15, 1:02 am
http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag269/sluggg000x/OlympiaABC1_zpsqlc7hxkt.jpg (http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/sluggg000x/media/OlympiaABC1_zpsqlc7hxkt.jpg.html)

Happening Friday night Olympia Weekend. Gonna be our first time in town with The ABC in a while so we want to bring it hard. Wrath and Huh will be preset bangin' the weights with the rest of the Animal Crew. So come by, meet some more bros, lift some weights, and get some eats.
SWEET!!!

I can make it then, see you guys there!

HIGA MONSTER

G Diesel
08-24-15, 9:03 am
Damn. Might have to see if I can snag a quick flight from Salt Lake.

Would love to have you bro. That flight ain't too bad.

SWEET!!!

HIGA MONSTER

My man. Will be great to see you.

Peace, G

TheMachine
08-24-15, 2:10 pm

Do we need to sign up or is it just show and smash some weights

HIGA MONSTER
08-24-15, 3:03 pm
My man. Will be great to see you.

Peace, G
For sure!

My wife and I fly in on Wed morning.
Will hook up somehow prior to the Expo. Smash some food or something...

HIGA MONSTER

G Diesel
08-24-15, 4:49 pm
Do we need to sign up or is it just show and smash some weights

We're going to have a registration form for you guys this week.

Peace, G

naturalguy
08-24-15, 5:01 pm
SWEET!!!

HIGA MONSTER

We must crush some food afterwards like men

TheMachine
08-25-15, 3:30 pm
We're going to have a registration form for you guys this week.

Peace, G

ok cool right on. ill look out for it

CammaRHINO
08-26-15, 10:35 am
Can't wait for this to go down. The gym looks ridiculous and I'm pumped as hell to be part of our return to the O weekend. Gonna be some serious training going down, and with the company that will be there, going to be bangin iron in some serious company. Definitely going to have to find a good spot for post eats.

HIGA MONSTER
08-26-15, 5:33 pm
We must crush some food afterwards like men
Indeed.

"Bring me the finest wine and cheeses for my people..."

HIGA MONSTER
08-26-15, 5:34 pm
Can't wait for this to go down. The gym looks ridiculous and I'm pumped as hell to be part of our return to the O weekend. Gonna be some serious training going down, and with the company that will be there, going to be bangin iron in some serious company. Definitely going to have to find a good spot for post eats.
Will be good to see you bro!

HIGA

HIGA MONSTER
09-20-15, 8:46 am
PROBABLY THE BEST FUCKIN ABC I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO!

The atmosphere was fuckin live...the gym was hot and thick in the air with all the people lifting there.
They had a DJ slamming some great tunes...when i got there Mike O'Hearn and Mike Rashid was there slamming a chest workout.

Chad Wesley Smith worked up to I believe an 816 lbs double that I back spotted while the GOAT Ed Coan was by his side encouraging him on.

HUGE Huh was there giving some guys tips on training.

Wrath was there too mingling and taking pics with members.

Hit some Deadlifts with my friend Kate Hanson from Oregon, and a few other Animal FORVM fans.
My man Padilla was killing some deads...he weighed 168 lbs and pulled 660 in front of me and Ed Coan.
Another guy from upstate New York was killing the deadlifts too. He pulled 585 lbs for 7 reps, I think?
And my friend Kate pulled 315 lbs x 8 reps.

Then I hopped in another room and joined G Diesel and Cammarhino for a quick Chest workout.
Did 225 lbs x 20 reps. Paused on the bench press.
Then did some Flyes/Push ups combo that seriously pumped me up.

Stan Efferding is the owner of this CT Fletcher franchise gym and let me tell you...ITS FUCKIN AWESOME.
Great equipment! Perfect for any powerlifter or bodybuilder. Monolift, 3 deadlift platforms, bamboo bars, Atlas Stones...it's there.

Talking with J-Dawg and Naturalguy yesterday, we thought it was the most energized ABC we have ever been too.

Go and check them out if your ever in Vegas. You won't regret it!
HIGA MONSTER

P Diesel
09-21-15, 10:08 am
wow sounds ridiculous! havent had an abc like that in the longest

P

G Diesel
09-21-15, 1:34 pm
Packed house at Iron Addicts. Very unique ABC. Great energy with a lot of different people coming together.

Many thanks to Stan Efferding and the staff and owners of IA for the hospitality.

Peace, G

naturalguy
09-28-15, 11:46 am
Glad you had a great experience The Machine. There were many strong dudes in one room at the same time. It was a great atmosphere.

TheMachine
09-28-15, 11:55 am
PROBABLY THE BEST FUCKIN ABC I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO!

The atmosphere was fuckin live...the gym was hot and thick in the air with all the people lifting there.
They had a DJ slamming some great tunes...when i got there Mike O'Hearn and Mike Rashid was there slamming a chest workout.

Chad Wesley Smith worked up to I believe an 816 lbs double that I back spotted while the GOAT Ed Coan was by his side encouraging him on.

HUGE Huh was there giving some guys tips on training.

Wrath was there too mingling and taking pics with members.

Hit some Deadlifts with my friend Kate Hanson from Oregon, and a few other Animal FORVM fans.
My man Padilla was killing some deads...he weighed 168 lbs and pulled 660 in front of me and Ed Coan.
Another guy from upstate New York was killing the deadlifts too. He pulled 585 lbs for 7 reps, I think?
And my friend Kate pulled 315 lbs x 8 reps.

Then I hopped in another room and joined G Diesel and Cammarhino for a quick Chest workout.
Did 225 lbs x 20 reps. Paused on the bench press.
Then did some Flyes/Push ups combo that seriously pumped me up.

Stan Efferding is the owner of this CT Fletcher franchise gym and let me tell you...ITS FUCKIN AWESOME.
Great equipment! Perfect for any powerlifter or bodybuilder. Monolift, 3 deadlift platforms, bamboo bars, Atlas Stones...it's there.

Talking with J-Dawg and Naturalguy yesterday, we thought it was the most energized ABC we have ever been too.

Go and check them out if your ever in Vegas. You won't regret it!
HIGA MONSTER
it was my first ABC and it was awesome. My wife and I both attended and got a good workout in and she took pics n videos of me when I deadlifted. Higa Monster and the others were more than welcoming on the deadlifts. I even got to hit a PR there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBwMJFuB_A0

also here are some more pics we took (i thought i had a video shot of the crowd but it must have accidently been erased from my wifes phone)
11mg4jm.jpg

[IMG]2hok615.jpg
2pyccg1.jpg
2qcjqfm.jpg
My wife asked me afterwards why didnt we go to any ABC's at the Arnold and she said we MUST go to the one for the Arnold next year

Jay
09-28-15, 12:00 pm
Looks like a good turnout

TheMachine
09-28-15, 12:02 pm
it was my first ABC and it was awesome. My wife and I both attended and got a good workout in and she took pics n videos of me when I deadlifted. Higa Monster and the others were more than welcoming on the deadlifts. I even got to hit a PR there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBwMJFuB_A0

also here are some more pics we took (i thought i had a video shot of the crowd but it must have accidently been erased from my wifes phone)
11mg4jm.jpg

[IMG]2hok615.jpg
2pyccg1.jpg
2qcjqfm.jpg
My wife asked me afterwards why didnt we go to any ABC's at the Arnold and she said we MUST go to the one for the Arnold next year

http://i62.tinypic.com/11mg4jm.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/117z8ro.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/2hok615.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/2pyccg1.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/2qcjqfm.jpg

CammaRHINO
09-28-15, 2:07 pm
I couldn't have been any happier with the way the entire event went down. I had some people come up to me at the booth early Friday saying they were stopping by and they had some cards that Stan printed up for it that were getting passed around like crazy. Stan I'm gonna learn from that and do the same in the future whenever I can. it worked brother.

From the moment we pulled up to the gym we knew shit was about to get real, place was packed 20 minutes before we set the time for people to show up! This was a good thing, sparked some energy, fired us up. We changed protocol on all the swag we normally bring to the events right away. Since handing out shirts on people's way into the spot didn't make any sense with the place packed already G, Felicia, and I just grabbed a bundle of each size and made our way around giving them to whoever needed what we had in our hands. While we were doing that and handing out Whey, Mass, and Juiced Aminos J Dawg and Naturalguy were right in the mix with our good bros hosting a benchapalooza. Everyone was there for all the right reasons. Lift weights and meet new people who are of the same mindset and make some new friends and further spread the Brotherhood. While we were walking around got to educate some of the younger members on how they can set up their own ABC chapters in the areas they live or get more involved in already formed chapters. About how easy it really is to get an event going and how everyone is given the same support, we have no favorites. The future of the brand is safe, I now have no question on this.

After taking in the spectacle that this event had become, meeting some living legends including Ed Coan, it was time for the 3:30CREW to hit the bench. We broke off into a smaller side room Stan has in the place where we surprisingly had almost all of it to ourselves. We had Chris, a new friend, jump into the rotation, later joined by Higa. In true G style, he put us through the paces with basic movements that strung together with no break in between proved absolutely brutal.

Flat Bench to failure
DB Fly to Failure
DB Press (same weight as fly) to failure
Pushups till you fall on your face.

5 rotations of that while pushing each other to go harder and harder was an awesome thing to be a part of. It was fitting because everyone I saw training there that night was going all out.

That's why we do this. This is was Animal Barbell Club is.

Friends, old and new, getting together to push each other to move heavy weight harder than we ever have before.

TheMachine
09-29-15, 9:46 am
Glad you had a great experience The Machine. There were many strong dudes in one room at the same time. It was a great atmosphere.
i agree. definitely some strong and jacked guys and also girls in there. definitely was motivational. Cant wait til the Arnold one

G Diesel
09-29-15, 11:18 am
it was time for the 3:30CREW to hit the bench. We broke off into a smaller side room Stan has in the place where we surprisingly had almost all of it to ourselves. We had Chris, a new friend, jump into the rotation, later joined by Higa. In true G style, he put us through the paces with basic movements that strung together with no break in between proved absolutely brutal.

Flat Bench to failure
DB Fly to Failure
DB Press (same weight as fly) to failure
Pushups till you fall on your face.

5 rotations of that while pushing each other to go harder and harder was an awesome thing to be a part of. It was fitting because everyone I saw training there that night was going all out.

My chest was shot for DAYS. Awesome session under less than ideal conditions. Appreciate my brothers training with me.

Peace, G

BigGaines
08-29-16, 8:00 pm
Any chance this is going down again this year? One of my friends and I attended last year and it was a great time! Just wondering because it's been real quiet with regards to the Olympia on the Animal front, considering that we're only 18 days out now. Hopefully you guys have a booth at the expo...