PDA

View Full Version : Training around hand injury.

DGymn
08-14-15, 12:47 pm
Yesterday I smacked onto the floor and injured my hand. The injury doesn't seem too bad, some strained ligaments. I can't grab anything and can't hang on it.

Since I have Worlds coming up I feel the need to stay in the best condition I can while letting my hand heal.
Now for the sport specific part I pretty much found some alternetives with bands and chains connected to my underarms/wrist so I can keep my strenght.

But I have no idea of how I can train my Back, any suggestions?

Strength Cleveland
08-14-15, 4:38 pm
Maybe try putting your hand around the bar, the duct tape your wrist to the bar so you can deadlift

Strength Cleveland
08-15-15, 8:44 am
Maybe try putting your hand around the bar, the duct tape your wrist to the bar so you can deadlift

GunRock
08-17-15, 9:31 am
Hauling hooks might help.
http://www.amazon.com/Muscle-Haulin-ORIGINALS-Weight-Lifting/dp/B00YHLFRPG

Jay Nera
08-27-15, 12:00 am
Have you tried using straps? Use longer straps and then just use enough pressure to not let it roll out. You might have to go a little bit lighter…but it will also force you to move the weight with more control.

Safety bar good mornings and back squats…

front squats will still target the upper and lower back….

DGymn
08-28-15, 7:19 am

Have you tried using straps? Use longer straps and then just use enough pressure to not let it roll out. You might have to go a little bit lighter…but it will also force you to move the weight with more control.

Safety bar good mornings and back squats…

front squats will still target the upper and lower back….

Thanks for the input!! Great tips!