PDA

View Full Version : Headed to IPL Worlds Chasing a 2000+lbs Total

RobDaSavage
08-31-15, 11:40 am
Whats up guys Rob here, aka Da Savage.

Since my first meet in March of this year I've had the bug, I wanted to start chasing Totals and records. I had a meet in Aug on the 22nd I cut weight from 295 to 275 and all I could think about was still chasing a 2000lb total. My training went well I didn't lose too much strength I thought, but meet day seemed to prove otherwise. I ended the day with 1,829lbs only doing 628 in squat, 496 in bench, and 705 in dead lifts 4/9. I needed that reality check, all though I still placed 1st in my weight class I felt it was an off day for me. No excuses just gonna learn and strive for the next one.

I was told by a guy that I look up too not to be consumed by the totals, he was right. That's all I could think of before the meet, during the meet and it showed in my mental state.
So now I'm back focused to what got me hooked in the first place..The love of the platform. Having an attack plan to just workout and be better than the previous day, week, and month. I will keep a log here of my next 11 weeks (10 training weeks) as I work towards IPL Worlds in Las Vegas. I hope to tango in The Cage someday.

My training is based off of The Cube, I do some of my own tweaks and it has been a great guideline for me fits my bodies need for heavy weights and volume. My training is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. some Sundays out the month I train with a group at Metroflex in Round Rock and do some squats and dead lifts for fun.

Not going to cut a drastic amount of weight going to try and keep it in check with some active conditioning throughout the weight. Current weight is 280lbs, if i stay in this realm I can cut water before the meet and drop to 275lbs if I'm 285+ then I'll just stick with the 308 class.

Training starts today with heavy deadlifts @7pm will update with entire workload after.
Savage out.

RobDaSavage
08-31-15, 11:29 pm
Starting my 10 weeks tonight I had Deadlifts, doing rep work warmed up a few sets 135, 225, 315, 405 up to my working sets of
505x1x6 then 505x1x12.
Next up block pulls 3.5" 545x1x4 felt it was an RPE of 9.5 so i backed down the next set.
495x1x6 block pulls
Then on to deficits 475x2x4
that was the base of my main lifts today nothing to crazy on the first day back.
I also did accessory work.
Lat pulldowns 3x10-15
low rows 3x10-15

Tomorrow is bench work. should be fun. excited for this prep. current weight at the ed of the day 280lbs. intaking around 4500-5000 calories not to worried about them at the moment.

RobDaSavage
09-02-15, 9:06 am
Last night I stayed up with my son and grocery shopping so didnt get a chance to update the blog/progress tracker.

Ok so starting on flat bench, warmed up (3 warm up sets.) starting my working sets at
335x4 reps
felt to easy so I upped the weight to
355x5 reps still to easy so then i just jumped to 405 which felt alot better and hitting my range of reps.
so it went 405 for 6 sets of 3 reps. after i did 2 sets of slingshot work.
slingshot 495x 2 reps then 545x 3 reps. all these reps were paused a tad and explosive.
moving on close grip 365x2x5 reps
after did a couple sets of spoto press which really wore me out.
295x2x8 reps pretty much failed on the last set.
little accessory work did tricep pull downs with the rope. my gyms number system is off dont know how much weight its on.
3x10 reps moderately heavy weight.

weight last night was 279lbs before bed. today is Wednesday, supposed to be an off day. will go to the gym to do cardio or some type of conditioning.

RobDaSavage
09-08-15, 11:50 am
I decided to wait a few days to update.

Thursday i started with heavy squats
warmed up to 5 sets of 3 545lbs
after i did 1 set in some generic knee wraps 585x1 and then 605x1 for some overload and depth work in wraps.
after that performed 3x12 of 225lbs stiff leg deadlifts for the hammies
then superset of leg extensions and leg curls 3x12

friday was bodybuilding day, did shoulders on hammer strength superset with incline barbell press.
3x10
then did hammer curls 2x10
alt bicep curls 3x10
tricep pull downs 3x20
db row 2x10
calf raises 3x20
db shrugs 3x15

RobDaSavage
09-09-15, 9:48 am
I didnt track anything monday well because it was a shit day. I tried to push through it, but it was not meant to be and all i could mustard was the warm up to my deadlifts.
Thats all fine, good to get it out the way now then later..
Some days I need a little extra time off, felt like crap that day. Barely ate, so it was best to just call it and move on.
I'll plan another deadlift day later this week. Back felt tweak and I felt sick all workout.

Tuesday 9/8 tho was bench again. still feeling ill but way better than monday.
benched 375x2x12 reps 375x1x8 reps still in the range i was looking for.
closegrip bench 395x2x3 reps
after this I was feeling really ill again so I decided to do 20 min of incline on the treadmill.

Wednesday feeling normal again. So Im gonna do some conditioning work later on tonight.

current bodyweight 282lbs. gained a little but figure after tonight it will drop again.
Savage out.

RobDaSavage
09-17-15, 10:19 am
finally had everything transferred off my laptop and was able to reset the whole thing and remove some virus i had on here.
update from 9/10 Thursday leg day
wide stance squats 5x3 485 1x1 585 tested out how it felt because my back still had a knot in it. called it after that.
friday 9/11 deadlifts again since the monday was shit. worked up to a couple singles of 585 and 675. felt good called it after that.
sunday i went to see my massage therapist and she helped with my back.

Monday 9/14 finally felt rested and back to normal.
deadlifts 8x3 500 4 sets were done with a hybrid stance 4 were conventional.
lat pulldowns 3x15
chest supported rows 3x12
abs 3x20

9/15 tuesday
bench heavy 5x3 455
close grip 2x3 475
spoto press 2x8 300
side lateral super set with pec dec flye 3x12
front raises 3x12
tricep push downs 3x15

wednesday i rested and stayed with my son.
current weight 285lbs been eating a little more snacks lately.

RobDaSavage
09-18-15, 9:04 am
This day went pretty well.
thorough warm up. 3 sets up to 315
was feeling good so i jumped into my working set of 505.
505x8x2 sets
it was brutal, im glad one of my good friends came back from his vacation in time to help push me through it.
my face has never turned so red. eyes got blurry, i went to the point of feeling like passing out.
it was awesome!
stiff leg deadlifts 225x10x2 sets
stretching.

for friday i plan to hit my legs a little more in accessory just so i can have more strength in them and focus more.

RobDaSavage
09-22-15, 9:40 am
recap from friday, did a couple sets of smith machince shoulder press. worked up to 315, before anyone says anything about the smith lets not forget it helps to keep the bar in a fluid motion, i have bad shoulders that slightly come out of socket. I go to the chiropractor and he resets them back every two weeks.
any way friday is basically bodybuilding day, went to incline db press, then arms some calves, shrugs and abs.

Monday
worked up to working set of 525lbs i switch stances mid rep scheme. I wanna work more on my sumo, which is in a hybrid like stance. i figure this will also help in my squat.
2 sets of 8 ( 4 reps conventional 4 reps sumo) also did the last set on a 45lb plate and paused at the knee, working exploding of the ground and posterior chain.
on to lat pulldowns super set with low rows. 3x 15
rope crunch 3x15
then worked in cardio. nice fast paced day was in an out.

RobDaSavage
11-18-15, 10:33 pm
Ipl worlds has come and gone now, I went up against some strong guys, but the game plan I set had me come out on top.
Hitting 2,017lbs 9/9 lifts. hard to explain the feeling. It was more like relief and disbelieving at the same time. Looking forward to what my future holds and how far I can go. Here's the whole meet video below.

https://youtu.be/jBxeNLTt5JI

KDbeepbeep
11-19-15, 3:44 pm
Ipl worlds has come and gone now, I went up against some strong guys, but the game plan I set had me come out on top.
Hitting 2,017lbs 9/9 lifts. hard to explain the feeling. It was more like relief and disbelieving at the same time. Looking forward to what my future holds and how far I can go. Here's the whole meet video below.

https://youtu.be/jBxeNLTt5JI

Damn, great lifts! Everything looked so smooth and perfect. Congrats on achieving your goal and setting new records!