PDA

View Full Version : Program

Machine
09-13-15, 6:11 pm
I'd love to get all romantic and aroused by all this program stuff as it seems everyone else in the world is at present. The truth is that as long and hard as I've thought about this...I just trained my entire life in such a way that the body part could get hit with a baseball bat and just absorb it. That has always been my mind set, and it is exactly what I picture as I train.

This will probably offend people but I don't stop and think about what some short pants, sandle wearing assholes think...so if your one of them - go shit in your hat.

MACHINE

Cellardweller
09-14-15, 6:12 am
Show us.

Rex
09-14-15, 10:34 am
I'd love to get all romantic and aroused by all this program stuff as it seems everyone else in the world is at present. The truth is that as long and hard as I've thought about this...I just trained my entire life in such a way that the body part could get hit with a baseball bat and just absorb it. That has always been my mind set, and it is exactly what I picture as I train.

This will probably offend people but I don't stop and think about what some short pants, sandle wearing assholes think...so if your one of them - go shit in your hat.

MACHINE

How is your approach to training?
Do you have any general guidelines?

Bean
09-14-15, 11:35 am
How did you know I am wearing a hat and have to shit? Thanks for the advice

rainman
09-14-15, 1:26 pm
Whilst I am not offended by your opinion, (or indeed own a pair of sandals), are you looking at this only from a bodybuilding perspective? I use a program of sorts, which I have cobbled together from years of training. Whilst it is certainly not perfect, it is a method I like to keep my numbers in check. I find that if I don't stick to something then I tend to blow my beans out on 1 rep sets every week, which I've found is counterproductive when engaging in a more powerlifting style of training.

I really envy the instinctive style of training where you go in and straight up kill it, and if I were a bodybuilder this is how I would go. I wouldn't care about numbers or rep ranges. I'd care about how particular movements slowly craft muscle. However, I've found that chasing numbers makes a program a necessity.

G Diesel
09-14-15, 2:25 pm
I'm with Machine on this.

As you guys know, I prefer to train instinctively. And use my own experience and imagination as a guide.

I've stolen concepts and methods and exercises from countless programs from many men more advanced or more learned than myself. But ultimately, if I can't own my training and take responsibility (good or bad) for my progress, it is all sort of empty to me.

I got into lifting weights because I didn't want to listen to a coach anymore or depend on my teammates. It is all on me.

Peace, G

Machine
09-14-15, 5:35 pm
I'm with Machine on this.

As you guys know, I prefer to train instinctively. And use my own experience and imagination as a guide.

I've stolen concepts and methods and exercises from countless programs from many men more advanced or more learned than myself. But ultimately, if I can't own my training and take responsibility (good or bad) for my progress, it is all sort of empty to me.

I got into lifting weights because I didn't want to listen to a coach anymore or depend on my teammates. It is all on me.

Peace, G

The man has a way with words; this explains my thoughts perfectly. It is almost impossible to get points across to people anymore the way the world works these days. I'll give you an example; who'd have ever thought when I was a kid that it would be rebellious to be a christian...it's very humerous to me the way things seem to change or not. Too many T-Shirt philosophers out there.

People worried about snakes in the garden when they got spiders in their beds.

MACHINE

Machine
09-14-15, 5:41 pm
Show us.

Show you what? Me getting hit with a baseball bat? I'm talking about a mindset...a mental approach. I'm too old to get hit with baseball bats anymore...it's all I can do to keep up with the young bucks...so powerful and strong - I don't know how I'll manage to keep up.

MACHINE

Machine
09-14-15, 5:48 pm
How is your approach to training?
Do you have any general guidelines?

My friend, I have developed and utilized inumerable training guidelines, I'm no beginner. Now, I'm not a professional bodybuilder or anything as vaunted as that; just a layman trying to find a way to stay vital in a game that is becoming increasingly rote and unimaginative by the minute.

Just because a person has not been eaten by a bear doesn't mean they are a bear survival expert - they might just be lucky, or fast, or both.

MACHINE

Cellardweller
09-14-15, 8:58 pm
It is almost impossible to get points across to people anymore the way the world works these days.

You're absolutely right. It's impossible to get your point across when you tell people to go fuck themselves. People these days ...

Show you what? Me getting hit with a baseball bat? I'm talking about a mindset...a mental approach. I'm too old to get hit with baseball bats anymore...it's all I can do to keep up with the young bucks...so powerful and strong - I don't know how I'll manage to keep up.

MACHINE

You're a smarter man than that. You know exactly what I want. You make alot of noise in the dark, but when you turn the lights on, ain't no one there. Where's the vids of Machine banging out a leg day? Punishing delts? You claim to be able to go up to 310lbs and cut down to 240 ripped. Anyone seen pics? Where is Machine in the Cage when everyone is blowing our minds with feats of strength? All there is is a half dozen pics from an 8 year old advertising campaign. I'll admit, those ads are what brought me here. You were hardcore then. Lots of people look up to you for what you've done here, but now it seems like you think insulting people will make you hardcore. Telling people to go shit in their hat isn't a mindset.

Animal has a camera crew everywhere. Hell, there are dozens of guys on the FORVM who film themselves and post it. Show us. If you can't, well, we understand.

Machine
09-15-15, 10:41 am
You're absolutely right. It's impossible to get your point across when you tell people to go fuck themselves. People these days ...

You're a smarter man than that. You know exactly what I want. You make alot of noise in the dark, but when you turn the lights on, ain't no one there. Where's the vids of Machine banging out a leg day? Punishing delts? You claim to be able to go up to 310lbs and cut down to 240 ripped. Anyone seen pics? Where is Machine in the Cage when everyone is blowing our minds with feats of strength? All there is is a half dozen pics from an 8 year old advertising campaign. I'll admit, those ads are what brought me here. You were hardcore then. Lots of people look up to you for what you've done here, but now it seems like you think insulting people will make you hardcore. Telling people to go shit in their hat isn't a mindset.

Animal has a camera crew everywhere. Hell, there are dozens of guys on the FORVM who film themselves and post it. Show us. If you can't, well, we understand.

I insult no one more than I do myself; I'm harder on myself than any one else could be. Maybe what I don't get across in my messages is that I say the very things you just pointed out to myself every day in the mirror. No excuses, I do not have what it takes to be a pro bodybuilder - period. I am not insulted or angry at your message, I am excited and invigorated, I dont see where you said anything that was not true on one level or another. Im pretty sure there are photos and videos out there owned by many parties to demonstrate my strength or whatever other qualifier you think your entitled to. I cannot comment on why no films are being made of me except to say that there are others much more relevant and marketable than I am. I dont post on this forum and offer my suggestions and thoughts to glorify myself; it's about what you can do. I've had an unconventional path and so I understand people dismissing me, but I have been around long enough to relaize how fragile this whole thing is, today's freak is tomorrow's corpse. I never got into the game to impress people, or to beg for sponsorships, or to refer to myself as the gift or any such other rubbish. Me and plenty of close friends of mine that you look at in magazines have paid dearly to push the envelope...we are not ignorant to provocateurs like you standing on the sidelines "daring" us to jump.

I will make one qualification and its to the people who have supported me so graciuosly over the years - certainly not to you. A few short years ago I woke up in the heart transplant unit, I can assure you training is very challenging for me. With that in mind - I will utterly embarras people with training intensity, workload, training poundage, and volume...you included. To those of you who understand my true intent thank you. To those who need me to prove my worth, as if I haven't done that sufficently, stop reading my posts, stop responding - if my contributions don't have value then simply ignore them.

MACHINE

G-Six
09-15-15, 11:53 am
I insult no one more than I do myself; I'm harder on myself than any one else could be. Maybe what I don't get across in my messages is that I say the very things you just pointed out to myself every day in the mirror. No excuses, I do not have what it takes to be a pro bodybuilder - period. I am not insulted or angry at your message, I am excited and invigorated, I dont see where you said anything that was not true on one level or another. Im pretty sure there are photos and videos out there owned by many parties to demonstrate my strength or whatever other qualifier you think your entitled to. I cannot comment on why no films are being made of me except to say that there are others much more relevant and marketable than I am. I dont post on this forum and offer my suggestions and thoughts to glorify myself; it's about what you can do. I've had an unconventional path and so I understand people dismissing me, but I have been around long enough to relaize how fragile this whole thing is, today's freak is tomorrow's corpse. I never got into the game to impress people, or to beg for sponsorships, or to refer to myself as the gift or any such other rubbish. Me and plenty of close friends of mine that you look at in magazines have paid dearly to push the envelope...we are not ignorant to provocateurs like you standing on the sidelines "daring" us to jump.

I will make one qualification and its to the people who have supported me so graciuosly over the years - certainly not to you. A few short years ago I woke up in the heart transplant unit, I can assure you training is very challenging for me. With that in mind - I will utterly embarras people with training intensity, workload, training poundage, and volume...you included. To those of you who understand my true intent thank you. To those who need me to prove my worth, as if I haven't done that sufficently, stop reading my posts, stop responding - if my contributions don't have value then simply ignore them.

MACHINE

Hang on...googling "provocateurs"

naturalguy
09-15-15, 12:00 pm

MACHINE

I absolutely agree with your premise that training in the gym needs to be about effort first however if you combine that effort with a great strategy you have a win-win situation. Things like this are not always black or white, one thing without the other. It should be a combination of both.

and I NEVER wear sandals.................or a hat

Machine
09-15-15, 12:12 pm
Hang on...googling "provocateurs"

Everbody's a comedian...

Made me smile though...thanks

Machine
09-15-15, 12:15 pm
I absolutely agree with your premise that training in the gym needs to be about effort first however if you combine that effort with a great strategy you have a win-win situation. Things like this are not always black or white, one thing without the other. It should be a combination of both.

Verry funny...it wans't really meant as an endictment of the entire sandal wearing world. It was more that I'm an old man now and I don't see very many "grown up" looking men these days. I go out and mix among the populace and I'm the only one wearing boots and pants...not the only one but there just doesn't seem to be many of us. Everyone is having so much fun as the world circles the drain...just saying.

MACHINE

Machine
09-15-15, 12:50 pm
It's refreshing to see that we can stay on the lighter side, however, many people who've busted their guts taining hard before youtube was even a concept are dead now - I wonder if they've proved their worth sufficiently.

I wonder if guys like Paul DeMayo, Joe DeAngelis, Trevor Smith, Nasser El Sonbaty, Art Atwood, Greg Kovacs - I can't name them all - have sufficiently proved their worth?

I wonder if they made enough "training videos" to qualify as the real thing...I wonder if those videos and photos were "recent" enough to give them credibility?

I wonder if their trophies qualify them...if so, which trophies qulaified them?

What is the combination of trophies and videos and cache that culminates to qualify athletes to comment on forums?

And who decides that? You?

I will gladly present myself at an appointed time and answer any question posed to me, I will train on video or off video to prove the quality of my iron knowledge, but let's remember something...and I just got a little angry thinking about this.

I'm not your fucking monkey motherfucker...I don't need to qualify myself to you. Who the fuck are you? What are your qualifications and accolades?

Again...just keeping everyone honest.

MACHINE

freighttraindane
09-15-15, 2:25 pm
Man I tell you what, I fucking love reading these post by Machine.

Sometimes I agree with them, sometimes I don't (but that could be because what you are saying sometimes challenges the weakness I try to hide within).

I strive to take what people says that offend or upset me and ask my why? Why does that bother me? Am I really offended, or am I just mad because it's true and I don't have the stones to change it within myself?

I encourage and seek out the knowledge of others who march to the beat of their own drum or aren't necessarily always "PC". Maybe I can learn something. Maybe I can change the mindset I have when I give in to temptation/weakness.

Cellardweller
09-15-15, 9:13 pm
...and I just got a little angry thinking about this.

Who the fuck are you? What are your qualifications and accolades?

Again...just keeping everyone honest.

MACHINE

And I got a little angry at your post. I am more than happy to discuss training and the mindset it takes to push through, but I found your words insulting. You are a highly motivating individual and I have a thread in the Thoughts section that is probably 50% your quotes. Who I am is your audience. When you start a thread like this, I'm the one you are speaking to. No I am not a professional strength athlete. I'm just a regular guy juggling life and trying to fit the gym in. I'm also not some yes man who hangs on anyone's words. I'm supprised you are less tolerant of me than the hords who blindly agree with everything you say. You preach free thinking and questioning everything in life. I will not be a sheep mindlessly bleating as I follow someone off a cliff. Maybe I crossed a line a bit calling you out in my last post the way I did, but I make no appology for speaking my mind.

Oh, and if you're old, what the hell am I?

Machine
09-15-15, 9:29 pm
And I got a little angry at your post. I am more than happy to discuss training and the mindset it takes to push through, but I found your words insulting. You are a highly motivating individual and I have a thread in the Thoughts section that is probably 50% your quotes. Who I am is your audience. When you start a thread like this, I'm the one you are speaking to. No I am not a professional strength athlete. I'm just a regular guy juggling life and trying to fit the gym in. I'm also not some yes man who hangs on anyone's words. I'm supprised you are less tolerant of me than the hords who blindly agree with everything you say. You preach free thinking and questioning everything in life. I will not be a sheep mindlessly bleating as I follow someone off a cliff. Maybe I crossed a line a bit calling you out in my last post the way I did, but I make no appology for speaking my mind.

Oh, and if you're old, what the hell am I?

Your a smarter man than that...Question everything and think freely of course...you didn't dissent cordialy, you directly called me out and it took all of a few sentences to surgically dissect my existsnce in this game. Speak your mind and I'll speak mine too. I've got more venom than blood...dont back peddle now let's break out the video cameras and find what I'm worth...

sgerwel1985
09-16-15, 8:53 am

Chris Duffin may have something to say about sandals and crocks ;) lol.

skibasgym
09-29-15, 8:07 pm
Word