PDA

View Full Version : Doggcrapp

swoleberry
09-21-15, 4:01 pm
I've ran through doggcrapp training off and on through my training. Very brief sessions but very intense. What are everyone's thoughts on the brevity of DC training?

BCent
09-21-15, 5:14 pm
I actually just finished a round of this in my programming. I tend to like it, but I feel like my joints feel like they're taking a beating when I do it. My big recommendations to anyone who's trying it is to make sure to do the stretches, dramatic reduction in soreness. I also found strength to go up a ton. One of my favorite things about it is the idea of having a specific thing to beat- going into the gym knowing I'm doing either heavier weight or more reps, no matter what. Also forces me to be a bit more religious about actually tracking my lifts

G Diesel
09-21-15, 5:22 pm
Historically, I'm not into following programs verbatim and I'm more of a volume guy.

But I have always dug DC's methodologies. I think for brief, intense training cycles, taking into account the most critical recovery factors (food, rest, supps) DC training could be really effective.

Peace, G

swoleberry
09-24-15, 4:50 pm
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm constantly exploring new ways to train and like to bounce these different programs off of guys here at the Forvm.

Jay Nera
09-30-15, 1:07 pm
Historically, I'm not into following programs verbatim and I'm more of a volume guy.

But I have always dug DC's methodologies. I think for brief, intense training cycles, taking into account the most critical recovery factors (food, rest, supps) DC training could be really effective.

Peace, G

Im in the exact same boat. I love the intensity of the sessions, BUT i also love hitting up lots of volume. But there have been days where Ive walked in and out of the gym in under 40 mins and had some great sessions. I think you have to be willing to push push push….also, for DC, having a good training partner can be the difference between having a killer session or not. I usually train alone which makes it a little tougher. But the effectiveness of pushing through those sets will have a lots to do with your training partner imo.