PDA

View Full Version : Program to apply to gymnastics

DGymn
11-03-15, 8:53 am
I'm searching for a strenght program I can use to increase rings strenght.
With this program I should be able to train the strenght elements 3/4 times a week. (Technique)
Because we tend to work allot around the zone of 1-3RM the program should allow this.
Anybody has an idea on what program I could adjust to my needs?

GunRock
11-13-15, 1:10 am
I'm searching for a strenght program I can use to increase rings strenght.
With this program I should be able to train the strenght elements 3/4 times a week. (Technique)
Because we tend to work allot around the zone of 1-3RM the program should allow this.
Anybody has an idea on what program I could adjust to my needs?

Jim Bathurst from Beast Skills talked about this topic in this video around the 11 second mark. If you're interested, the link to part 1 is on the channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXcmmODgnAk

Jay Nera
11-30-15, 10:38 pm
Always interested to see what people come up with for these sorts of things.

I think increasing limit strength along the planes and movements patterns used in gymnastics would obviously be the most beneficial and have strong carryover to relative strength. i.e. pushing deficit handstand push ups, strict presses, weighted pull-up and muscle ups etc… would have a very strong carry over.

DGymn
12-01-15, 2:06 pm
Always interested to see what people come up with for these sorts of things.

I think increasing limit strength along the planes and movements patterns used in gymnastics would obviously be the most beneficial and have strong carryover to relative strength. i.e. pushing deficit handstand push ups, strict presses, weighted pull-up and muscle ups etc… would have a very strong carry over.

I currently running an bulgarian method inspired program, very simple.. Seems to work the best so far!
5days a week I work up to my daily max on the gymnastic moves, doing 2-3 sets each depending on how I feel.
After that I'll do some small combinations with a lower intensity by letting somebody spot. I finish the workout with no more than 3sets of an accessory. The other 2days I do static holds or rest. Feeling stronger than ever!