PDA

View Full Version : Why no love for pork?

Nmowery
11-10-15, 7:13 pm
Just curious...I see people all the time talking about eating red meat, chicken, and fish to meet their protein needs, but pork never seems to get any love in the typical lifting diet. Just bringing this up cause I picked up a pork roast the other day for 2.29/lb, which is wayyyyyy less than the typical price of beef now. The label said 3 oz contains 21g protein...the roast was 3.8lb. I'll let you do the math on how many grams I'll get out of my $8

That said, I also have a sweet and easy recipe for that shit - pork roast + sweet potatoes + chopped onion + diced apple in a crockpot. Put in some water...spice it up to your liking, and you have 3-4 swoleworthy meals for about $10

Ed Eliason
11-11-15, 8:48 am
I love pork. I have pork sausage every couple of days, chops about once a week, and do a roast up about once a month. I eat primarily beef and pork, with a little chicken and fish as my protein sources.

Nix0r
11-11-15, 9:40 am
Fuck yeah, bacon.

But actually, pork is awesome. Every now and then I'll pick up a couple of tenderloins when they're on the cheap at the grocery store by my. Delicious eats.

Universal Rep
11-11-15, 11:01 am
I love pork. I have pork sausage every couple of days, chops about once a week, and do a roast up about once a month. I eat primarily beef and pork, with a little chicken and fish as my protein sources.

x2

Cellardweller
11-11-15, 1:25 pm
Pork was made for the crock pot. Love it.

PA Kodiak
11-26-15, 12:21 pm
I've often wondered the same thing. You never see anyone eating pork like chicken, beef, eggs, or fish.

Swolepez
11-26-15, 2:37 pm
I usually try to buy lean pork if I can find a good price...I try to keep a variety in my nutrition plan with a mixture of chx, beef, turkey and pork as my dark/white meat options

skibasgym
11-27-15, 8:07 pm
I have bacon once a week

Jay Nera
04-27-18, 1:31 am
Pork was made for the crock pot. Love it.

Crock pot is king!

Nmowery
04-27-18, 5:55 am
Crock pot is definitely king...and pork is still 1/3 the price of beef, lol.

Rex
04-27-18, 10:32 am
pork loins are super lean and I do incorporate them into my diet. Offseason and precontest.

ChrisTuttle
04-27-18, 12:25 pm
pork loins are super lean and I do incorporate them into my diet. Offseason and precontest.

I do as well with pork loins.

ChrisTuttle
04-27-18, 12:29 pm
I have a theory on why.

1. Arguably red meat has more nutrients than Pork. So red meat would be preferred and for similar cost out of pocket.
2. Chicken is cheaper than pork but leaner overall. Greater yield when purchasing.

That is what I come up with.