PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a female powerlifter

KDbeepbeep
11-16-15, 2:29 pm
Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum so I want to start with a little intro about me. I know a few of you guys on here already but I always love meeting new, like-minded people.

I'm a 23y.o. female from Jersey and I compete in raw classic 148. So far I've done 2 meets, winning 1st place in my class both times and got best lifter at my first meet. After a long time off due to rehabbing a hip injury, I'm finally prepping again for my next meet which will be on January 23rd with RPS. I wrote up my programming already and started following it last week and it's been going well. I may also be competing as raw modern for the first time as well!

In this thread, I'll be logging my workouts and also my progress with diet. I was cutting for 2 months, then I did a maintenance/reverse diet phase for about 4 weeks to get my calories up again, and now I'm going to continue cutting again so that it's a smooth ride into the meet in January. I don't really want to go through my 5-day misery cut again like I had to do for my last meet to drop 11lbs.... Currently I'm 153 so i'm not that far off but I would ultimately like to maintain/train around 145.

I hope to get some motivation from this forum and also to just keep myself in check!

C.Coronato
11-16-15, 2:31 pm
Welcome!!

KDbeepbeep
11-16-15, 2:39 pm
Welcome!!

thanks! :)

KDbeepbeep
11-16-15, 8:16 pm
Hit an all time bench PR of 200lbs in training today! I start every heavy bench/squat day with an EDM single (Every Day Max) and for today, I planned to get a new all time max because I needed a new number to base my training percentages off of.

11/16/2015

Heavy Bench

EDM - 200#

Regular Bench 5x4 - 175#
Spoto 3x6 - 155#
Pull ups - 4x8,8,8,6
Lat pull downs - 4x15,15,12,12 (100,110,120,130)
Db Laterals - 3x8 (20,25,30) Drop set w/ 8 reps each 30-25-15

Cardio - 40mins on the bike

Diet was a little different than usual today because I had a free day yesterday so I didn't eat my first meal today until 2:30pm.

Meal 1 - 4oz chicken, 1 cup rice, broccoli.

Meal 2- 2 eggs+2egg whites, 1 tbsp coconut oil

Meal 3- 4 oz ground beef, 1 cup rice, broccoli, 5 oz sweet potato

I will be eating later 4oz chicken, 56g avocado, and then a shake made with whey isolate and 1/2 banana before bed.

J Wong
11-16-15, 11:20 pm
Looking forward to following this log!

GunRock
11-16-15, 11:35 pm
As a female powerlifter, I'd be interested in hearing your opinion of a post on my blog about female raw powerlifting and how it empowers women.

http://wp.me/p1Djlm-F4

And welcome to the Forvm.

J-Dawg
11-17-15, 1:03 pm
Hit an all time bench PR of 200lbs in training today! I start every heavy bench/squat day with an EDM single (Every Day Max) and for today, I planned to get a new all time max because I needed a new number to base my training percentages off of.

11/16/2015

Heavy Bench

EDM - 200#

Regular Bench 5x4 - 175#
Spoto 3x6 - 155#
Pull ups - 4x8,8,8,6
Lat pull downs - 4x15,15,12,12 (100,110,120,130)
Db Laterals - 3x8 (20,25,30) Drop set w/ 8 reps each 30-25-15

Cardio - 40mins on the bike

Diet was a little different than usual today because I had a free day yesterday so I didn't eat my first meal today until 2:30pm.

Meal 1 - 4oz chicken, 1 cup rice, broccoli.

Meal 2- 2 eggs+2egg whites, 1 tbsp coconut oil

Meal 3- 4 oz ground beef, 1 cup rice, broccoli, 5 oz sweet potato

I will be eating later 4oz chicken, 56g avocado, and then a shake made with whey isolate and 1/2 banana before bed.

Welcome to the FORVM and huge congrats on that 200lb bench PR!

KDbeepbeep
11-17-15, 11:36 pm
Looking forward to following this log!

Thanks! &I'm so glad to see you're rehabbing well! Can't wait to see you back on that platform.

As a female powerlifter, I'd be interested in hearing your opinion of a post on my blog about female raw powerlifting and how it empowers women.

http://wp.me/p1Djlm-F4

And welcome to the Forvm.

It's funny because Tori and I actually met as bikini competitors at the same competition in June 2013. I definitely feel the same way about powerlifting. Growing up in Japan where the standard of beauty is extreme (<100lbs = beautiful), it was engrained in my brain that the only way you'll have any value is if you were petite and stereotypically feminine. This was reinforced by my mother, mothers of friends, dance teachers, boys in school, etc. I valued my self worth by my appearance and that tore me down quickly. Even when I found body building (lifting for bikini) 4 years ago, I was still defined by my physical appearance.

Powerlifting helped me detach my self worth from my physical appearance, or any type of number for that matter, even the numbers I put up on the platform.

I can define myself by my relative strength, but what good does that for me? Nothing. I can deadlift 400lbs. So what? What does that tell you about me besides the fact I lift a "big" number?

How it DOES help me though is that it allows me to:

-realize the inner strength I have to push past the pain
-to redefine my limits
-to defy stereotypes
-to appreciate my body for what it can DO and not what it looks like
-inspire other women. Fuck what society says about how women SHOULD be, we can be whatever the fuck we want to be, and this is applicable to all fields.

Welcome to the FORVM and huge congrats on that 200lb bench PR!

Thanks so much!

KDbeepbeep
11-17-15, 11:52 pm
30 mins fasted cardio on bike

Light Squat Day

Paused Squats
5x5 195

Front Squats (light)
3x6 135

Weighted planks (1 plate)
3x 1 min

Usually I do front squats up to a heavy 5 (in however many sets I want), but I front squatted on Sunday following my heavy squats. Today I focused more on staying tight in the hole and cutting depth since I have the tendency to bounce out of the hole on F.S. like an oly squat.

Diet

meal 1 - 2 eggs, 3 eggwhites, 1/2c oats, 1tbsp coconut oil
meal 2 - 6 eggwhites, 1c rice, broccoli
meal 3 - 6 eggwhites, 5oz sweet potato, 1tbsp butter
meal 4 - 4oz ground beef, 1c rice, broccoli
meal 5 - Quest bar, 4oz ground beef, 6oz sweet potato

Didn't realize I ran out of prepped meals hence so many eggwhites (didn't have time to cook chicken before work) and quick fats aka the butter. My appetite has been insatiable the past week and I don't know why. This was a lot more than I usually eat (2200 vs 1850). If I want to eat more than my plan, I try to still stick to nutrient dense sources of food. I find that the quality of food I eat definitely affects my training. I can't eat shit all day and expect to perform well.

GunRock
11-18-15, 12:03 am
Thanks! &I'm so glad to see you're rehabbing well! Can't wait to see you back on that platform.

It's funny because Tori and I actually met as bikini competitors at the same competition in June 2013. I definitely feel the same way about powerlifting. Growing up in Japan where the standard of beauty is extreme (<100lbs = beautiful), it was engrained in my brain that the only way you'll have any value is if you were petite and stereotypically feminine. This was reinforced by my mother, mothers of friends, dance teachers, boys in school, etc. I valued my self worth by my appearance and that tore me down quickly. Even when I found body building (lifting for bikini) 4 years ago, I was still defined by my physical appearance.

Powerlifting helped me detach my self worth from my physical appearance, or any type of number for that matter, even the numbers I put up on the platform.

I can define myself by my relative strength, but what good does that for me? Nothing. I can deadlift 400lbs. So what? What does that tell you about me besides the fact I lift a "big" number?

-to redefine my limits
-to defy stereotypes
-inspire other women. Fuck what society says about how women SHOULD be, we can be whatever the fuck we want to be, and this is applicable to all fields.

She's getting some positive feedback from the post and I'm glad that you liked it!

I just told somebody else this but my take on the subject of women being strong is that it's relative. First of all, a woman deadlifting in the 4s will only intimidate men who deadlift in the 3s. Same goes for size. So when I see a lifter who happens to be female lift more than me in anything, it's mostly just a wake up call for me to step it up. But that's just because I'm competitive. I get the same feeling when I see a man in my weight class lift more than me. It forces me to take a long look at myself and evaluate whether I'm achieving my potential or settling for what I've always had. I find extreme competence in a woman extremely attractive, not threatening. My wife is a triathlete and when we ride, she could leave me behind at any moment. She gets in the zone and next thing you know, I'm by myself and there's a Puerto Rican shaped dot on the horizon! I love that she more than holds her own when we do physical, outdoor stuff.

Now that I've got a daughter, I see strength for females as a measuring stick for worthiness. My daughter is only four months old and I'm already telling her to be Wonder Woman so that only Superman will be worthy of her. I don't want her settling for Foghorn Leghorn because she doesn't see her own worth. That applies no matter if she ever lifts or not. (The fact that I'm enrolling her in Filipino stick fighting and Jiu Jitsu as soon as she can walk is irrelevant to this discussion.)

KDbeepbeep
11-19-15, 2:57 pm
She's getting some positive feedback from the post and I'm glad that you liked it!

I just told somebody else this but my take on the subject of women being strong is that it's relative. First of all, a woman deadlifting in the 4s will only intimidate men who deadlift in the 3s. Same goes for size. So when I see a lifter who happens to be female lift more than me in anything, it's mostly just a wake up call for me to step it up. But that's just because I'm competitive. I get the same feeling when I see a man in my weight class lift more than me. It forces me to take a long look at myself and evaluate whether I'm achieving my potential or settling for what I've always had. I find extreme competence in a woman extremely attractive, not threatening. My wife is a triathlete and when we ride, she could leave me behind at any moment. She gets in the zone and next thing you know, I'm by myself and there's a Puerto Rican shaped dot on the horizon! I love that she more than holds her own when we do physical, outdoor stuff.

Now that I've got a daughter, I see strength for females as a measuring stick for worthiness. My daughter is only four months old and I'm already telling her to be Wonder Woman so that only Superman will be worthy of her. I don't want her settling for Foghorn Leghorn because she doesn't see her own worth. That applies no matter if she ever lifts or not. (The fact that I'm enrolling her in Filipino stick fighting and Jiu Jitsu as soon as she can walk is irrelevant to this discussion.)

That is awesome. Sounds like your daughter definitely has some strong role models around her too. You guys'll be a super family lol

KDbeepbeep
11-19-15, 3:08 pm
Short training session 11/18 due to time constraints

Light Bench Training

CG Bench
1x135
4x6 145

Dips - Usually on my program but for some reason tris/elbows were bothering me so after the 1st set I stopped
Instead did AMRAP of tricep push downs superset w/ light J presses, increasing weight on both exercises each set.

11/19

This morning at 9am I had to go into my school's exercise research facility to start the study as a subject. Had to find my 10rm of 7 lowerbody exercises (Squats, leg press, forward lunges, RDLs, leg extension, leg curls, calf raises.)

Going to the gym later today for my deadlift training, will post about that later.

Nutrition was completely off yesterday. I ran out of prepped meals and didn't have time to prep what I usually eat but that shouldn't be an excuse. Today I'm taking the time to prep all my meals for the next 3 days. I definitely want to re-plan my nutrition so I optimize my carbs for training/recovery. I'll give an update on exactly what I'll be eating, how, and how much once I have everything written down.

I also officially registered for the RPS meet on January 23 so that's set in stone and I'm really excited about it.

C.Coronato
11-20-15, 9:41 am
I also officially registered for the RPS meet on January 23 so that's set in stone and I'm really excited about it.

Exciting! Should be a good meet for sure!

BCent
11-20-15, 10:25 am

Love that feeling of having it locked in and knowing... this is the date

naturalguy
11-20-15, 11:54 am
BeepBeep

I'll be following your journey

P Diesel
11-20-15, 12:06 pm
BeepBeep

as will i. looking forward to sering ur training. have u been to any of our ABCs? where are u at in jersey?

P

KDbeepbeep
11-20-15, 2:10 pm
Exciting! Should be a good meet for sure!

Meets in Newark are always huge but it's awesome! Gene posted how there's 40+ entries already.

Love that feeling of having it locked in and knowing... this is the date

Definitely, it's also a little scary too but drives you to work harder in the gym. I know in a few weeks a I'm going to get those feelings of self doubt and "I'm not strong enough" thoughts

BeepBeep

Thanks naturalguy! I hope I won't disappoint

as will i. looking forward to sering ur training. have u been to any of our ABCs? where are u at in jersey?

P

Thanks! And I actually work at Diesel gym where we hosted the ABC event with Rex in October. Technically I've been to 2 so far, and I'm trying to make it to as many as possible because I really do enjoy them. There's actually one on Tuesday with Frank that I'm definitely going to.

Buckfever
11-21-15, 11:38 am

-to redefine my limits
-to defy stereotypes

Thanks so much!

Great post.

KDbeepbeep
11-22-15, 11:52 pm
Ended up pushing my deadlift workout until today. I try to listen to my body as much as possible to avoid injury. On Friday I ended up doing a bodybuilder style high volume arms/delt workout.

Deadlift training

Tested a new max- hit 405 for an all-time PR! The 4plate pull is on my Instagram @kdbeepbeep

Regular DL 4x4 330
Deficit DL 3x3 295
Chest supported row 12,12,10,8 (90,140,190,260)
Banded ham curls amrap

Really happy about the 4 plate pull @155 bw, but the pull was extremely slow off the ground. I'm going to incorporate a lot more deficits and front squats to help with breaking the floor faster, as that really helped me last meet prep.

Looking at a 420 pull in January in the 148 class

Orthodox
11-23-15, 12:23 am
Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum so I want to start with a little intro about me. I know a few of you guys on here already but I always love meeting new, like-minded people.

I'm a 23y.o. female from Jersey and I compete in raw classic 148. So far I've done 2 meets, winning 1st place in my class both times and got best lifter at my first meet. After a long time off due to rehabbing a hip injury, I'm finally prepping again for my next meet which will be on January 23rd with RPS. I wrote up my programming already and started following it last week and it's been going well. I may also be competing as raw modern for the first time as well!

In this thread, I'll be logging my workouts and also my progress with diet. I was cutting for 2 months, then I did a maintenance/reverse diet phase for about 4 weeks to get my calories up again, and now I'm going to continue cutting again so that it's a smooth ride into the meet in January. I don't really want to go through my 5-day misery cut again like I had to do for my last meet to drop 11lbs.... Currently I'm 153 so i'm not that far off but I would ultimately like to maintain/train around 145.

I hope to get some motivation from this forum and also to just keep myself in check!

Peace to you my friend

I got a great vibe from your words here and the spirit tells me that you are both sincere and focused i therefore wish you luck on your journey. Remeber, all strength, wether mental, emotional, or physical, will depend on your spiritual strength. True strength comes from within.

Journey well

deanna7272
11-23-15, 10:39 am
Definitely following along!

KDbeepbeep
11-25-15, 4:34 am
Sprained my ankle on Monday so I didn't train that day. I'm thinking it's just a grade 2 sprain and not a complete ligament tear though so I should be back to lowerbody training very soon. I was surprisingly able to still bench normally, pain free.

11/24

Jersey ABC events are always great because it's just like a big training session while getting to hang out with friends you don't get to see on the regular. This was my first time meeting Wrath and he really is so personable and down to earth, which you don't see a lot of these days with big name athletes.

Heavy bench training

EDM single 190
Regular bench 5x3 180
Spoto 4x6 160
Slingshot 3x3 205

Neutral grip Pull-ups 4x8 ss 4x15 cable rear delt flyes
Lat pulldown "bench" 4x12 (90,100,100,100)

C.Coronato
11-25-15, 11:06 am
Strong benching!

Altered Beast
11-25-15, 12:27 pm
I'm in! I truly enjoy and appreciate lady lifters.

P Diesel
11-25-15, 1:59 pm

that sounds creepy haha

P

KDbeepbeep
11-25-15, 9:15 pm
Definitely following along!

thanks!

Strong benching!

thank you! good to see you last night, and thanks for being the camera man haha

that sounds creepy haha

P
hahahah trust me, i've had way creepier things said to me than that

KDbeepbeep
11-27-15, 11:59 am
11/26 bb-style chest training

Incline BB 4x10,10,8,5 (95,95,115,135)
Flat DB press 4x12 (45,45,55,55)
Low incline machine press 4x15
Cable flyes 4x12
Tricep rope push downs 3x15
Fascia stretch training w/overhead rope extensions 4 sets, 30sec stretch in between

11/27

Still letting sprained ankle heal so avoiding heavy squats. Had a good leg training session with another Animal on thanksgiving. I usually train alone but i like having a partner to really push you.

bb-style Leg training

Leg extensions 3x10 increasing, triple drop set 20-10-15
Squat 3x10,10,25 (95,135,135)
Belt squat 3x15,12,12 increasing, Quadruple DS 8,10,12,15
Lying ham curls 4x12
Seated ham curls 4x15,15,15,20

KDbeepbeep
11-27-15, 12:07 pm
The difficulty of powerlifting for me is always wanting to get stronger, but also trying to stay in my weight class/keep
my training weight low enough so it's not a difficult cut to 148. I've been eating pretty freely the last few weeks to just get my RMR up but that means I also put on a few pounds, which I have to focus on cutting now for the next 8 weeks. I'm thinking a slow cut of 1lb a week wouldn't affect my strength that much at all. I just hope eating in a deficit won't halt the progress I've been making in the gym. I feel like all my lifts have exponentially gotten better the last few weeks with the extra fuel. It's all just mental in the end though and if i think I'm gonna get weaker, my lifts will reflect that.

KDbeepbeep
11-29-15, 11:52 pm
Thanksgiving week is over, sprained ankle is healing, and things are falling back into place. Diet's planned, programming for the next week 8 weeks is written down, and I'm feeling good.

I'm trying to follow the Renaissane Periodization's guides on dieting for sports performance for the next 8 weeks. I eat carbs closer to my workouts, with most of it being post workout, and my fats are eaten furthest away. Whatever time of day I workout, that's how I'll time my meals. I'll just rotate depending on my schedule. My meals I planned are these:

Meal 1: 2 whole eggs + 4 whites, 10g coconut oil
Meal 2: 3oz ground turkey, broccoli, 56g avocado
Meal 3: 1 scoop Animal Whey, 1/2 banana, almond milk, 2tbsp oats blended
Meal 4 (PRE workout): 4oz chicken, 200g sweet potato
Meal 5 (POST workout): 4 oz chicken, broccoli, 1 cup rice, 3 fat free fignewtons
Meal 6: 1 scoop Animal whey, 1/2 banana, almond milk

Today I did my heavy squat workout and had no problems with my ankle. I'm also starting to train in wraps because I will be competing raw modern in January.

Heavy Squat Training

Squat
Usual warmups
245 x 3 unwrapped
245 x 5,5,5,8 wrapped (WAY too easy. Used 85%of my UNWRAPPED max so need to adjust)

RDLs
135 x 8
185 x 8
235 x 8 x 3

Leg Extensions
3x15 ascending weights

Didn't have time to do my banded hamstring curls and weighted planks so I'll tack those on to tomorrow's training.

I need to adjust the weights for my squat training since I've based all percentages off my unwrapped max. Should I just go for a new wrapped 1rm next Sunday and base all percentages off of that?

Altered Beast
11-30-15, 1:37 pm
that sounds creepy haha

P

PERVERT! Gotta always make things awkward, eh?

hahahaha trust me, i've had way creepier things said to me than that

I apologize, wasn't meant to be creepy. I meant that I enjoy seeing female lifters, PERIOD! Lets me know that our sport is growing in a positive way and that women are killing the too bulky bullshit stereotype that is meant to keep them down.

Better? =)

Your Creepy Fan,

=)

Pale Rider
11-30-15, 10:52 pm
Nice work

KDbeepbeep
12-01-15, 12:49 am
PERVERT! Gotta always make things awkward, eh?

I apologize, wasn't meant to be creepy. I meant that I enjoy seeing female lifters, PERIOD! Lets me know that our sport is growing in a positive way and that women are killing the too bulky bullshit stereotype that is meant to keep them down.

Better? =)

Your Creepy Fan,

=)

No worries, it wasn't creepy! I totally got what you were saying haha

Nice work
thanks man

KDbeepbeep
12-01-15, 12:52 am
Fasted cardio - 25mins intervals on elliptical

Heavy bench training

EDM 185
Regular bench
170 5x4, really focusing on pausing

Dynamic bench
135 3x8

Pull ups 4x8
Lat pulldowns 4x12
Single arm cable tricep extensions 3x15 each side
Banded ham curls amrap (to make up for yesterday)

Bench felt slow and weak today. Decided to focus on pausing and dynamic pressing off the chest.

CammaRHINO
12-01-15, 10:34 am
Fasted cardio - 25mins intervals on elliptical

Heavy bench training

EDM 185
Regular bench
170 5x4, really focusing on pausing

Dynamic bench
135 3x8

Pull ups 4x8
Lat pulldowns 4x12
Single arm cable tricep extensions 3x15 each side
Banded ham curls amrap (to make up for yesterday)

Bench felt slow and weak today. Decided to focus on pausing and dynamic pressing off the chest.

It's only gonna feel weak until you do it so much you don't realize it. Your bench is strong as hell and last week your last cpl sets is when you started really pausing and you still crushed the reps. Hope the ankle is good to go, keep up the progress, gonna do some damage up on that platform soon.

KDbeepbeep
12-03-15, 11:15 am
It's only gonna feel weak until you do it so much you don't realize it. Your bench is strong as hell and last week your last cpl sets is when you started really pausing and you still crushed the reps. Hope the ankle is good to go, keep up the progress, gonna do some damage up on that platform soon.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I just really want to blow my last meet total out of the water.

tkon
12-03-15, 3:03 pm
Really detailed log, keep it up, I'm in for your journey~

KDbeepbeep
12-07-15, 2:52 am
Really detailed log, keep it up, I'm in for your journey~

thanks!

----------------------------------------

Training took the back burner last week because it's the nearing the end of the semester so final assignments and papers are due and exams are coming up. I was only able to train once last week, and it was during my shift at work.

Just did close-grip bench work, 5x155, and dynamic benching 3x8 135, and some pressing and arms.

Today I only did squats, no accessories because of time constraints. My goal was to test my 1RM with wraps and I went up to 315 but the squat was a little high and I went to try to really sink it on a 2nd try but I ended up needing a little spot as my chest start to collapse at my sticking point.

I can't wait for finals to be over so I can pull all my focus into my training. I'm really looking to put up some big numbers on the platform and make huge PRs.

Heavy Squats

Working up to test wrapped- 315 (little high) but felt good so training can be based off of this
3x4 265 w

All meals are prepped for the next 5 days. Cardio planned week to week to continue cutting into the meet.

Animal Rep
12-07-15, 11:29 am
Great job of balancing out life demands and personal demands of yourself in your programming. This has broken a lot of lifters but you seem to have it pretty down. Keep that focus it will help you tons as time goes on.

KDbeepbeep
12-07-15, 1:35 pm
Great job of balancing out life demands and personal demands of yourself in your programming. This has broken a lot of lifters but you seem to have it pretty down. Keep that focus it will help you tons as time goes on.

To be honest, it's really tough and I suck at it. I'm a student first, athlete second but I can't deny that I'll prioritize training a lot of times because it's my escape from everything. Training is the only way I know how to cope with stress and everything else in life. I'm trying to work on balance though. This is where not being in a relationship comes in handy though because I can be completely selfish and focus on myself, and myself only haha

P Diesel
12-07-15, 1:40 pm
seems liek u have ur priorities in order, its a lot of give and take. it can be what u do but not who u are. u were right tho, u need to be selfish. this is a selfish pursuit. but that doesnt mean it lacks nobility

P

KDbeepbeep
12-07-15, 2:09 pm
seems liek u have ur priorities in order, its a lot of give and take. it can be what u do but not who u are. u were right tho, u need to be selfish. this is a selfish pursuit. but that doesnt mean it lacks nobility

P

Thanks P, &that's something I have to remind myself. I don't ever want to be selfish for the wrong reasons.

KDbeepbeep
12-07-15, 9:20 pm
30mins fasted cardio (20mins intervals elliptical, 10mins high incline walk on treadmill)

Heavy bench training

EDM 200
Regular bench
5x3 185

Spoto
3x5 165

2count pauses
3x3 165

pull ups 4x8
db presses 4x12
Leg extensions 3x15
Banded ham curls 3x50

--------

Bench felt good today, but still need to work on pausing reps longer. 185 was my 1rm exactly a year ago and I hit it at my meet last December. I've never hit 185 for more than a single so to be able to do 5 sets of triples with 185 really proves how much stronger my bench has gotten.

KDbeepbeep
12-08-15, 7:45 pm
I can't remember who posted it or in what thread it was, but someone wrote that there is nothing to fear in training. There should be no fear in moving up in numbers because there are always things that'll save you if you do fail. This is something I thought about when I started my training session today.

I fear deadlifting some days. Why? I don't know. It's my best lift, but it scares the shit out of me. Today I repeated to myself over and over in my head that there is NOTHING to fear. If I can't complete a rep, I can just let the bar down. Simple as that. Doesn't mean I won't fight for the rep but with lifting, it's all mental.
----------------------

20 mins bike fasted cardio

Deadlift training

Conventional
4 x 3,4,5,4 335
(planned was 4x3-4. I wanted 5 reps so I pushed myself. New volume PR 335x5)

Deficit (1 plate)
3x3 300

Neutral grip lat pulldowns 4x12
Kroc rows 4x8 75

tark
12-08-15, 8:53 pm

just found this thread!! look forward to watching your prep and seeing the numbers you put up on the platform!!

C.Coronato
12-10-15, 9:27 am
I can't remember who posted it or in what thread it was, but someone wrote that there is nothing to fear in training. There should be no fear in moving up in numbers because there are always things that'll save you if you do fail. This is something I thought about when I started my training session today.

I fear deadlifting some days. Why? I don't know. It's my best lift, but it scares the shit out of me. Today I repeated to myself over and over in my head that there is NOTHING to fear. If I can't complete a rep, I can just let the bar down. Simple as that. Doesn't mean I won't fight for the rep but with lifting, it's all mental.

I think being scared or having fear is a good thing. It means you arent half assing your training.

Altered Beast
12-10-15, 12:53 pm
I think being scared or having fear is a good thing. It means you arent half assing your training.

It is the only true way to tap into your CNS by activating your nerves signaling the adrenals to dump adrenaline through your veins! Adrenaline can also signal a testosterone/progesterone release as well. Fear/Nervousness/Anxiety are the ultimate natural weapons given to us, funny how the entire planet sees it as the exact opposite...

Ethan Dew
12-10-15, 7:52 pm
It is the only true way to tap into your CNS by activating your nerves signaling the adrenals to dump adrenaline through your veins! Adrenaline can also signal a testosterone/progesterone release as well. Fear/Nervousness/Anxiety are the ultimate natural weapons given to us, funny how the entire planet sees it as the exact opposite...

I love the nervousness/anxious feeling in the gym. Getting ready for a big lift, good song playing and getting fired up in my head. Chalking up and approaching the bar and skin is crawling with adrenaline, I absolutely love that feeling. I'm never afraid of the weights but yeah I get nervous as hell sometimes.

KDbeepbeep
12-11-15, 1:24 am

That is very true. The mechanism of the sympathetic nervous system and the "fight or flight" response. Gotta love physiology :)

but like Ethan Dew said above, I guess it's more nerves than anything. I just don't want to miss a single lift in training, that's what i'm most afraid of. Whenever I miss a lift or feel my training was shitty, it makes my whole day/week feel really shitty.

KDbeepbeep
12-11-15, 1:32 am
Had a pretty bad day starting from last night where I couldn't sleep because my body was having these uncontrollable spasms for some reason. Ended up taking too much medication for it and I sleep walked/ate a jar of pb and coconut oil and I have NO recollection of it (seriously, wtf??!?!?) But the worst was my back hurt so badly when I woke up. I think my back must've spasmed pretty badly in the middle of the night.

I also got into a car accident today on my way to the gym. Thankfully no one got hurt and it was really minor.

I really did not feel like training today. Everything felt off, and my mind was just not there but my friend convinced me to get my training in. You really can't just train when you're having a "good day", you have to learn to train through everything.

Light bench Training

Close grip TNG Superset with facepulls (15-20)
95x5
135x5
155x5x4
135x5

Feet up & paused
135x5x3

Incline press
95 4x10

Dips
3x8

deanna7272
12-11-15, 7:53 am
Not sure if it will help, but.... I have nerve issues in my right leg and have cramping/spasms in my legs (especially hammies ands calf)... Drink tonic water before bed... It has quinine in it and it helps!!!! They used to prescribe quinine for cramping, but they were finding that people where having heart issues (it is a muscle...lol) so, they only prescribe it for malaria now!!! Tonic water does the trick!!

KDbeepbeep
12-12-15, 12:17 pm
Not sure if it will help, but.... I have nerve issues in my right leg and have cramping/spasms in my legs (especially hammies ands calf)... Drink tonic water before bed... It has quinine in it and it helps!!!! They used to prescribe quinine for cramping, but they were finding that people where having heart issues (it is a muscle...lol) so, they only prescribe it for malaria now!!! Tonic water does the trick!!

I'll keep that in mind, thanks D! I usually never have spasms but this was really weird....I've been loading up on an extreme amount of stims and little sleep though because of finals week so I think that had to do with it too

KDbeepbeep
12-12-15, 12:26 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BppSbHOZaE

Watched Wrath's video "On The Stage with Frank McGrath Part I: Never Surrender" during cardio today. He's gone through a lot of pain and seeing him push through everything with so much heart is incredibly inspiring. I was lucky enough to be able to meet him and go out to eat after training with the Jersey ABC to see the goofy side of him which just reminds you how genuine he is.

Watching these Animal videos every morning during cardio really puts my focus and motivation in high gear.

Weight this morning was 156.5 at 6 weeks out which is perfectly on track. Still doing about 5 fasted cardio sessions a week, keeping it short at 20-30mins and doing intervals. I hope to lose a lb a week and then I can just cut carbs and cut a little water to make weight the day before the meet.

Today was a "rest" day but it really means cardio and some bodybuilding work. Yesterday was also a "rest" day but it was high volume arms. Did 30mins fasted cardio yesterday, and 20mins fasted cardio today.

tark
12-13-15, 8:56 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BppSbHOZaE

Watched Wrath's video "On The Stage with Frank McGrath Part I: Never Surrender" during cardio today. He's gone through a lot of pain and seeing him push through everything with so much heart is incredibly inspiring. I was lucky enough to be able to meet him and go out to eat after training with the Jersey ABC to see the goofy side of him which just reminds you how genuine he is.

Watching these Animal videos every morning during cardio really puts my focus and motivation in high gear.

Weight this morning was 156.5 at 6 weeks out which is perfectly on track. Still doing about 5 fasted cardio sessions a week, keeping it short at 20-30mins and doing intervals. I hope to lose a lb a week and then I can just cut carbs and cut a little water to make weight the day before the meet.

Today was a "rest" day but it really means cardio and some bodybuilding work. Yesterday was also a "rest" day but it was high volume arms. Did 30mins fasted cardio yesterday, and 20mins fasted cardio today.
what meet do you have coming up?

KDbeepbeep
12-14-15, 11:10 am
what meet do you have coming up?

RPS NA&NJ Championships

KDbeepbeep
12-14-15, 11:16 am
Heavy Squat Training

EDM 285
5x5 260

RDLs
135x8
185x8
285x8x3

Kroc Rows
4x8 75

Leg Extensions
3x15 ascending

-------------

Squats felt heavy last night. Being in a deficit is probably contributing to it but I'm still pushing through. My energy levels are fine, I'm just not stuffing my face with extra carbs like I was leading up and through Thanksgiving.

This morning I did 40min of fasted cardio. I can see in the mirror that I'm leaning up so I'm heading the right direction. Less than 6 weeks out.

Altered Beast
12-14-15, 12:07 pm
I've realized the little bit of hunger weakness can be suppressed through a little extra caffeine! So my usual 1/2 scoop of RageXL goes to 1 full scoop for the Deadlift and Squat training days. Might help!

KDbeepbeep
12-14-15, 1:20 pm
I've realized the little bit of hunger weakness can be suppressed through a little extra caffeine! So my usual 1/2 scoop of RageXL goes to 1 full scoop for the Deadlift and Squat training days. Might help!

I actually don't feel hungry, my appetite is very leveled. I take a lot of caffeine throughout the day lol Going in to a training session, I never feel hungry, it's more of the fact that my glycogen stores are not as full so I'm not getting as much immediate power.

KDbeepbeep
12-15-15, 2:16 am
Light Bench Training

Close Grip Bench
160 5x5

Incline BB press
85x12
95x12
95x12
115x7

Pec-dec reverse flyes (rest pause)
4x12, ascending weight

Seated DB clean&press
4x12

KDbeepbeep
12-16-15, 8:25 pm
Light Squat Training (&extra triceps later in the day)

Paused squats
135x5
185x5
200x5
205x5x3

Front Squats
135x5
155x5
170x5

Hanging leg raises 3x15

Incline treadmill 15mins

-------

Rope pressdowns
4x15

Overhead tricep extensions
4x15
SUPERSET
Close-hand pushups
4x12

KDbeepbeep
12-18-15, 2:33 pm
Had to take a complete rest day 12/17 because I'm part of a research study comparing the effects of acute bouts of anaerobic and aerobic exercise.

This morning was my anaerobic testing session which was pretty brutal. I went in a few weeks ago to test my 10RM of 7 lowerbody exercises. Today I had to do 3x10 at 90% and I had 2 minutes from the start of the exercise until I had to start my next set. This was through all 7 exercises. The process took exactly 42minutes and I had my blood drawn before, and then for 3 time slots post workout.

The exercise I did in the 42mins-

Back squat
3x10 200

Leg press
3x10 loaded with 495

Lunges
Bodyweight because of previous sprained ankle

RDL
4x10 235 (to make up for lunges)

Leg extension
3x10 130

Leg curls
3x10 100

Calf raises
3x10 loaded with 170

Machine
12-20-15, 9:12 am
I like what you're doing; great work - thank you for sharing it with us.

MACHINE

KDbeepbeep
12-20-15, 4:29 pm
I like what you're doing; great work - thank you for sharing it with us.

MACHINE

Thank you, sharing everything on here also helps me keeps track of myself

KDbeepbeep
12-20-15, 4:35 pm
Extremely sore from the anaerobic testing day Friday to the point I can't walk normally since my quads are so tight. Benched Saturday to take the load off lowerbody.

12/19

Heavy Bench Training

EDM 190

Regular Bench
4x4 180

Spoto
3x5 165

Slingshot
3x3 215

Neutral grip lap pulldowns
4x12

All variations of bicep curls, can't remember

Biked 15 mins

------------

12/20

Fasted cardio 40mins on the elliptical to try to relieve some of the soreness. Also been foam rolling a lot and took time in the hottub today after cardio. I think I'm going to deadlift tonight.
--------------------

I realized I need more slingshot/overload training. I haven't worked with the slingshot in a few weeks and it felt a little more challenging. I'm 5 weeks out from my meet and I like the slinghshot to help me build the confidence to handle heavier weight. I want to hit 215 as my 3rd attempt for bench so I'm going to keep working with that.

KDbeepbeep
12-24-15, 10:09 pm
Deadlift Training

Conventional
2x3 340

Deficit
3x3 315

Blocks
2x3 350

Chest supported row
4x20,15,12,10

superset

Banded goodmornings
4x20

Light Bench Training

Closegrip bench
4x6 155

DB Seated presses
4x12

Wide seated cable rows
4x15

Random bicep work

Heavy Squat Training

EDM 295

Squats
6x4 270

Reverse Hypers
4x12

Sorinex Back Attack Machine
3x8

Plyometric Swing
3x10

KDbeepbeep
12-29-15, 9:01 pm
It's getting down to the time where I have to dig deep for my training. To not doubt myself and my strength. My fatigue is at its highest around now and volume will start dropping after the middle of next week, allowing m fatigue to drop to I can peak properly for the meet (at least I hope I've timed it correctly.)

Deadlift days are the hardest right now and although I've based my percentages on my max like I always have, they feel extremely rough. I don't know if I just haven't been doing the right accessories or I haven't been deadlifting enough....I'm getting nervous for meet day.

I still have another 1.5 weeks until I test openers but I've been planning it based on what I would like to hit. My goals are:

Squat

Bench

Deadlift

KDbeepbeep
12-31-15, 12:31 pm
40mins fasted cardio earlier

Heavy Squat Training

EDM 270. Went for 315 with no confidence and once I was out of the hole, chest started collapsing.

7x3 275 Had JMASS wrap me for the last 2 sets and I'm not used to tight wraps so my knees felt destroyed...but they were the best and fasted feeling sets ever

RDL
135x8
185x8
235x8
255x8

Kroc Rows
55x8
65x8
75x8
80x8

Been training at a higher weight the past several weeks and I was starting to get nervous about cutting and making weight, so I decided I'm just going to settle into the current weight class I am in and just go for a big total in 165, and then I'll properly watch my weight and cut for 148. I guess just with finals, and the holidays, I wasn't watching as closely as I really should've. Shit happens, but I don't want my lifts to go to shit trying to severely cut for the next 3 weeks.

Pale Rider
12-31-15, 8:18 pm
Happy new year

KDbeepbeep
01-04-16, 7:04 pm
Deadlift Training

Conventional
3x3 330

Deficit
305 x 3
225+80lbs chains 2x5 working more on speed

BB Rows
4x8 135

Front Squats
135 x5
155 x5
175 x5
195 x3

Banded Hamcurls x200reps

C.Coronato
01-05-16, 11:08 am
KD lookin good! Few more weeks

KDbeepbeep
01-05-16, 10:38 pm
KD lookin good! Few more weeks

Thanks CC! And yeah it's crunch time...I have my last deadlift day Saturday which I'm gonna do at the ABC event.

Also I have no idea what's going on in the post above....

KDbeepbeep
01-09-16, 9:54 pm
Great turn out at Jersey ABC event today. I had my last deadlift workout before the meet today and fortunately for me, 99% of the event goers want to do arms/chest/delts at these events so I had the platform to myself.

I was nervous leading up to this workout because my deadlifts have been feeling like shit and I've been having to scale back 5% on all my working sets because they all felt so rough. But fortunately, everything went smoothly and I now feel extra confident going into the meet.

Deadlift training

Conventional
warmed up to singles of 360, 370, 380

Deficit
2x2 320

Chest supported row 4x8

Hanging leg raises

KDbeepbeep
01-21-16, 9:17 am
The meet is coming up this Saturday so I've just completely dropped volume, and been deloading. There's supposed to be a snow storm this weekend by Gene said that the meet is still a go. I swear if it gets rescheduled, I'm
just not going to compete this time around and just wait until May because I've peaked myself (hopefully) for Saturday and if it gets pushed back....it'll fuck everything up haha

deanna7272
01-21-16, 9:29 am
Like the name change... ;)

Good luck this weekend.... You guys are supposed to get hammered by this storm, but hopefully it takes it easy on the East/Northeast!!

KDbeepbeep
01-24-16, 5:17 pm
Like the name change... ;)

Good luck this weekend.... You guys are supposed to get hammered by this storm, but hopefully it takes it easy on the East/Northeast!!

Hehe thanks D! &oh man...the storm ended up being WAY worse than what I thought it was gonna be. I really thought we'd get like 3-5 inches, and it ended up being over 2 feet!

I ended up still competing though! We got a hotel room 3miles from the site Friday night and toughed it out in the blizzard in Saturday. Thank god I had a 4WD and there was almost nobody on the roads or else I wouldntve made it.

I weighed in at 156.4. Went 8/9 on the lifts ending with 315 squat, 205 bench, and 410
deadlift. That is a 70lb meet PR and 5 lb PRs on both my bench and deadlift. Squat was the only lift I failed on the third attempt but it was my first wrapped meet so I'm pretty happy with how everything went!

All meet videos are on my Instagram @KDBeepbeep!

deanna7272
01-24-16, 8:41 pm
Awesome, awesome, awesome!! I will have to check out the vuds!!

I keep seeing vids, pics, and some snaps with all that snow!! Hope everyone stays warm!! We only got about 6 inches here, so I'm kinda jealous... Lol

Altered Beast
01-25-16, 1:16 pm
Nice lifting young lady! Stay safe in the snow!!

KDbeepbeep
01-25-16, 2:25 pm
Awesome, awesome, awesome!! I will have to check out the vuds!!

I keep seeing vids, pics, and some snaps with all that snow!! Hope everyone stays warm!! We only got about 6 inches here, so I'm kinda jealous... Lol

Thank you! &Oh man don't be jealous....it was HORRIBLE. Thankfully I didn't have to shovel because I stayed at a hotel with a parking garage :)

Nice lifting young lady! Stay safe in the snow!!

thank you!

And here's the video of all my final lifts!

CW4OjspkOOA

KDbeepbeep
01-25-16, 2:32 pm
well i screwed up on the embedding up there haha so here we go again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW4OjspkOOA

Altered Beast
01-26-16, 11:27 am
Nice lifting!!!!!!!!!!

KDbeepbeep
01-26-16, 4:34 pm
Nice lifting!!!!!!!!!!

thank you!

Enforcer
01-26-16, 5:59 pm
Why the name change?

KDbeepbeep
01-26-16, 6:07 pm
Why the name change?

Idk thought it was a little more fitting for the forum, wanted to try something new

i still get called beepbeep anyways lol

KDbeepbeep
01-30-16, 5:04 pm
Now that the meet is over, time to focus on new goals.

1. Cut 10-15 lbs so my training weight is around 145-150 and I can comfortably compete in 148
2. Recomp
3. Build up hamstrings/posterior to help with all my lifts. Going to hit quads 1x week, and hams 2x week.

I registered for my second meet of 2016, which will be RPS Jersey Rumble on May 21/22. I will not be starting my meet prep until about 11-12 weeks out because I really want to focus on cutting weight first. I'll be able to continue my cut into the prep but I would prefer to be cruising at a lower weight before I start or else I know all my training days are going to feel shitty on a deficit.

I'm still shot from the meet so I took all last week off from "heavy" training. I've been doing bodybuilding workouts all week and I may take next week to do that too. I'll throw light compounds back in as well.

Enforcer
01-30-16, 5:33 pm
Wishing you all the best with your meet prep for the May meet. I know you'll do great. Rest up for now and soon enough it'll be time to be grinding away again

Pale Rider
01-31-16, 4:57 pm
Nice work

KDbeepbeep
02-01-16, 3:11 pm
Wishing you all the best with your meet prep for the May meet. I know you'll do great. Rest up for now and soon enough it'll be time to be grinding away again

Thanks Ant! 2016 is def going to year I'm going to make big things happen.

Nice work

thank you!

KDbeepbeep
02-01-16, 3:19 pm
Still not on any program and easing back into heavy high volume training.

Been doing cardio 3-4x a week, mixing it up between LISS and some intervals on the treadmill. Morning weight was 160. I'm shooting for 1-1.5lb loss a week for the next 10 weeks.

Today was my first day after the meet actually doing a compound movement.

Fasted cardio: 30mins intervals on treadmill

Tempo squats
95x8
135x8
185x8

Regular squats
205x6
225x3

Box Step ups w/ BB
135x6x3

Good Mornings on front/hack squat machine (this is when my hamstrings cramped up)
1 plate x 15
2 plates x 15
3 plates x 15

Lying ham curls
3x15

Tri-Superset
Adductor facing front
2x15
Adductor facing back
2x15
Abductor facing front
2x15

Superset
Cable step-ups
2x6
Cable glute kickbacks
2x10 each side

KDbeepbeep
02-05-16, 5:47 pm
Alright we are back to the OG name. Changed it for a little but I think everyone can agree this is my true identity haha

Altered Beast
02-08-16, 10:40 am
Alright we are back to the OG name. Changed it for a little but I think everyone can agree this is my true identity haha

It suits you =)

KDbeepbeep
02-08-16, 5:41 pm
It suits you =)

Haha thank you :)

KDbeepbeep
02-08-16, 5:54 pm
Been steadily cutting the last 2 weeks. I meal prep about 2x a week and do fasted cardio 4-5x a week for 25-30mins a session. My diet every day has been-

Meal 1- 1egg+5eggwhites, 1 English muffin, 1tbsp coconut oil

Meal 2- 4oz 94/6 ground turkey, 70g avocado

Meal 3- 4oz 94/6 ground turkey, 200g sweet potato

Intraworkout - 30g carbs of Gatorade powder

Meal 4 - 5oz chicken, 125g rice, broccoli

Meal 5- 1 scoop protein, almond milk, 1/2 banana, spinach blended together

KDbeepbeep
02-08-16, 6:07 pm
Training has still been more bodybuilding work. Yesterday I trained legs at The Montanari Bros Powerhouse in CT, which probably has to be my favorite gym, right behind the West Coast Mecca in Venice.

Today I did back at my school gym due to a time crunch....that was miserable

T-bar rows
45x15
70x12
95x10
120x8
140x6

Lat pulldowns neutral grip
Ascending 95-130 X 15,12,10,8

Side leaning db rows
4x12 45lbs

Single cable rear fly
4x15 alternating

Superset
Cross body bicep curls
3x12 25lbs
21's
Short bar

KDbeepbeep
02-16-16, 12:22 pm
Friday was the first day back deadlifting since the meet

Conventional
3x6 315
2x10 225

Bb row
4x8 135

Rear cable flyes
4x15

Face pulls 4x15

Superset
3x50 Banded ham curls
3x15 seated leg curls

KDbeepbeep
02-16-16, 12:33 pm
Squat day

Back squats
225x 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

Front squats
135x6
155x6
175x5

Superset
Leg extensions 4x15,15,12,10
Leg curls 4x15,15,10,8

Leg press
1plate X 20
3p X 15
4p X 15
5p X 15
6p X 12
7p X 10

Superset
Bulgarian split squats 3x8 each side
Walking lunges 3x across the gym

KDbeepbeep
02-16-16, 10:46 pm
First heavy bench day since my meet. Working with a wider grip now since I basically have always pressed close grip.

Bench
135x8x2
155x8
165x8
175x5x3

Superset
Incline press with football bar
4x10 bar+30
Pull ups with band assistance
4x8

Seated wide cable row
4x15,12,10,8 ascending weight

DB lateral raises
4x12 20lbs, dropset x12 with 15lbs

Altered Beast
02-17-16, 11:16 am
KD,

How do you like the Football Bar? I have a Swiss Bar, but my forearms hate it for whatever reason. Was thinking about getting the Football Bar.

*Putting in serious work as always!

KDbeepbeep
02-17-16, 5:03 pm
KD,

How do you like the Football Bar? I have a Swiss Bar, but my forearms hate it for whatever reason. Was thinking about getting the Football Bar.

*Putting in serious work as always!

I actually really like the football bar. When I do incline presses with a straight bar, I feel a strain in my shoulder but I was able to comfortable press with the fb bar and I also felt I could stay tigher and recruit my tris/lats.

KDbeepbeep
02-17-16, 5:21 pm
My next16 days will be dedicated to building up endurance as I prep to lift in the cage in the Pros vs Bros....

Nerves are growing as the Arnold creeps up as us "bros" will be lifting against GracieV and SuperS20.......

deanna7272
02-17-16, 6:03 pm
My next16 days will be dedicated to building up endurance as I prep to lift in the cage in the Pros vs Bros....

Nerves are growing as the Arnold creeps up as us "bros" will be lifting against GracieV and SuperS20.......

I am so happy to see that you gals are lifting ... I hope to get to see it!!

KDbeepbeep
02-17-16, 7:02 pm
I am so happy to see that you gals are lifting ... I hope to get to see it!!

Thanks D! I'm super excited about it as well!

BigChrisF
02-17-16, 8:00 pm
Beep.

KDbeepbeep
02-17-16, 10:04 pm
Beep.

That's me

Altered Beast
02-18-16, 10:19 am
That's me

No, you're BeepBeep =)

KDbeepbeep
02-18-16, 2:17 pm
No, you're BeepBeep =)

Haha that is correct!

KDbeepbeep
02-18-16, 7:43 pm
Glute/hams

10min incline treadmill with ankle weights

Squat
95x5
135x5
185x5

Box squats
3x5 185

Banded box squats
3x6 135+ idk how much tension at the top. Used orange bands.

Seated hamcurls
3x15

Tri-superset all with just ankle weights (the most bikini girl thing ever....well at least my booty's getting rounder)
single leg ham curls
3x15
Glute kick backs
3x15
V-overs on a bench
3x10

deanna7272
02-18-16, 8:52 pm
Haha

"The most bikini girl thing ever" ... You're funny!! Hey, yhink of it this way.... They don't get judged from the "rear" for nothing...

KDbeepbeep
02-19-16, 5:07 pm
Haha

"The most bikini girl thing ever" ... You're funny!! Hey, yhink of it this way.... They don't get judged from the "rear" for nothing...

True! It always boggles my mind how they can get their butts to grow SO MUCH and SO ROUND compared to every other body part and here I am squatting and deadlifting every week with an ass half their size haha

Better ask some bikini competitors at the Expo for some tips...

KDbeepbeep
02-19-16, 5:11 pm
Delts and 1 set of bis&tris

Seated BB OHP warm up
2x20 Bar

DB laterals
4x15-20 20lbs

Arnold presses
3x15 20lbs

Superset
Front raises on lateral machine
4x15 ascending weight
Rear delt flyes
4x15 ascending weight

Superset
Cable laterals from behind
4x12
Seated facepulls
4x12-15

Superset
Bicep Curls
4x12 20lbs
Tricep pushdowns
3x15 idk what weight

Altered Beast
02-22-16, 11:13 am
True! It always boggles my mind how they can get their butts to grow SO MUCH and SO ROUND compared to every other body part and here I am squatting and deadlifting every week with an ass half their size haha

Better ask some bikini competitors at the Expo for some tips...

LOL! You ladies are hilarious!

I know several bikini ladies. They have entire training sessions devoted to glutes.

KDbeepbeep
02-28-16, 9:32 am
LOL! You ladies are hilarious!

I know several bikini ladies. They have entire training sessions devoted to glutes.

It's actually fun to train just glutes some days but I'm just not willing to spend multiple days a week. Got too much other shit to train haha

KDbeepbeep
02-28-16, 9:45 am
Haven't been logging my training consistently but I've started back up on higher volume training.

Tuesday's squats were 4x7 225,230,235,240
Thursday was front squats. Sets of 5@ 135, 155,175,185(x3) and a single of 225 just for shits to see if I can front squat 225 and it was really easy.
Bench felt weak Friday so I only did 4x5 165.
Deadlifted yesterday with descending reps for working sets 315x8x7x6x5.

Also decided that i'm going to be doing dead-stop conventional for the Pros vs Bros deadlift for reps.

I'm so amped for the Cage. Only 5 more days!!!

Altered Beast
02-29-16, 1:07 pm
It's actually fun to train just glutes some days but I'm just not willing to spend multiple days a week. Got too much other shit to train haha

The GHR and Reverse Hyper DEFINITELY help grow the glutes. I'd know, I've got 52" of booty!

Romanian Deadlifts also HAMMER the glutes as well.

KDbeepbeep
03-09-16, 12:35 pm
Now that the Arnold is over, back to training and prepping for my next meet on May 21st.

What an incredible weekend it was, getting to spend it with everybody and even getting to lift in the cage. Animal is comprised of some of the best, most genuine people and that's the kind of people I like to roll with.

I'm going to post the full video of my 315x15 once I get it up on YouTube!

ganderson
03-09-16, 12:41 pm
Now that the Arnold is over, back to training and prepping for my next meet on May 21st.

What an incredible weekend it was, getting to spend it with everybody and even getting to lift in the cage. Animal is comprised of some of the best, most genuine people and that's the kind of people I like to roll with.

It was nice seeing you as always, but even more so watching you lift too. Congrats on your awesome lifting in The Cage. Awesome job.

KDbeepbeep
03-09-16, 12:54 pm
It was nice seeing you as always, but even more so watching you lift too. Congrats on your awesome lifting in The Cage. Awesome job.

Thanks G! And it's always great seeing you too. It seems like there'll be many Jersey ABCs to come as the weather gets warmer so I'm sure I'll be seeing your face more!

KDbeepbeep
03-09-16, 5:38 pm
https://youtu.be/jOB4qqFutgI

Here's the video of my lift from the Pros vs Bros. Got 315 for 15. It was a wild time having everyone screaming in my ear and pushing me to my max. Thanks to everyone who cheered me on! You guys are the best.

tark
03-09-16, 10:49 pm

such a fucking bad ass...me and beth were talking when we got home about how adorable you are and then you go and pull some man shit in there lol ...like I told you we are definitely fans!!

Altered Beast
03-10-16, 11:58 am
Nice work!!!!!!!!!!

deanna7272
03-10-16, 2:50 pm
Oh hell yea... Good shit right there!!!

John Grey
03-10-16, 3:04 pm
https://youtu.be/jOB4qqFutgI

Here's the video of my lift from the Pros vs Bros. Got 315 for 15. It was a wild time having everyone screaming in my ear and pushing me to my max. Thanks to everyone who cheered me on! You guys are the best.

Damn! That was impressive as all hell!!!

KDbeepbeep
03-10-16, 3:43 pm
such a fucking bad ass...me and beth were talking when we got home about how adorable you are and then you go and pull some man shit in there lol ...like I told you we are definitely fans!!

Haha thank you!! You two are also such a power couple... Squatting 600 for reps ATG, and Beth telling out 315 for 18 (right? 18?)

Nice work!!!!!!!!!!

Oh hell yea... Good shit right there!!!

Damn! That was impressive as all hell!!!

Thank you everybody!

Nix0r
03-10-16, 3:52 pm
That was awesome to watch live.

KDbeepbeep
03-10-16, 3:53 pm
Still feeling a little rough getting back in to training after the Arnold, and I felt like crap Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday I had my first training day back. Kind of hit a little of everything to get m body moving again.

1 hour fasted cardio elliptical

4x5 back squats 225,235,245,225
Front squats 135x8, 155,175,185 x5

Lying leg curls 3x15

Superset
GHR 4x15
DB SLDL 4x12

Butt blaster (lol)
3x10

Superset
Incline bb bench 4x8
Db lateral raises 4x15

Chest supported row 3x12
---------------------------------------------------------
This morning after work I walked on an incline with ankle weights for 20mins

Seated leg curls 4x15

Leg press 5x30,30,30,20,20 adding a plate each set

Glute blaster 3x12

This training cycle I'm focusing a lot on hamstrings/glutes and front squats. Front squats have always carried over really well to my deadlifts and I would really love to shoot for a big PR come May.

KDbeepbeep
03-12-16, 10:00 am
That was awesome to watch live.

Thanks! It makes me happy to hear such positive feedback about the ladies event in the Cage.

KDbeepbeep
03-12-16, 10:04 am
40mins fasted cardio, treadmill intervals incline/running

Heavy Bench

EDM 205 (really easy single, met my meet max)

Regular bench
5x6 185

Spoto
3x6 160

Floor press
3x10,15,20 95lbs

Wide seated row
2x15

Straight arm push downs
4x12

Seated DB presses
4x8 40s

Some abs

Altered Beast
03-14-16, 10:52 am
Surprised there was no glute work on that ME Bench day =)