PDA

View Full Version : Concentration curls - my newfound weapon

DirtMcGirt
12-03-15, 5:32 am
Not that sitting down shit. I'm talking about letting your arm dangle straight down nice and perpendicular to the floor, then squeezing that fucker up nice and slow. Here's the most important part - right as you get to the upper extremity - where you feel you can't curl any tighter - take your free hand and go underneath the dumbbell and let yourself work to bring it in even tighter - maybe an extra 2-3 inches... but it makes all the difference.

Hold that shit for two seconds and let it down slow. 3 sets of 8-12 and I'm not lying - I haven't had that good of a squeeze or biceps this sore since my first week back. I don't know why I haven't done these before - I've done everything to get my biceps bigger - drop sets, barbells, one armed preachers, cables, you name it.. I'm telling you - try this.. and remember to make your bicep work as hard as it can to bring it up those last 2-3 inches.

P Diesel
12-03-15, 2:01 pm
that exercise has stuck in my head since eth first time i watched pumping iron as a kid

P

G Diesel
12-03-15, 2:43 pm
that exercise has stuck in my head since eth first time i watched pumping iron as a kid

P

Word. What he said.

Peace, G

Rex
12-04-15, 6:24 pm
I love this one, too.

Sometimes I use a low pulley cable instead of a dumbbell. It gives you even more of a contraction and constant tension all the way