PDA

View Full Version : Be Creative

Orthodox
12-12-15, 1:50 am
Yep, doesn't matter what your doing that day in the gym, what your training, just be creative... Don't be afraid to go outside the box. Fear nothing cause Gods got your back. When your lifting change the angles... When your pressing, hold the bar for that second longer... False that muscle into growth. You gotta out wit that muscle. You gotta be inventive, use your initiative, use whatever the fuck you gotta do to get the job done.

I use to watch this drug dealer, from outside my flat window... Day after day, he would stand on the estate corner, doing what he did i guess. All day he'd stand there, waiting for his customers to come. However, in between waiting for them, he use to workout! You know, do isometrics.. Push ups, pull ups, dips. All day id watch him doing it. Rain or shine id go to my window while squeezing in a meal and he would be out there. I guess He figured, " If I'm gonna stand here all day then I'm gonna do something CREATIVE!

Point of post... Be creative... If your resting in between sets, do some calves, throw in a quick set of camel raises or forearms. To survive in this game long enough to build a body. You've Gotta be CREATIVE

Thanks guys

Journey well

Rex
12-13-15, 10:26 am
Yep, doesn't matter what your doing that day in the gym, what your training, just be creative... Don't be afraid to go outside the box. Fear nothing cause Gods got your back. When your lifting change the angles... When your pressing, hold the bar for that second longer... False that muscle into growth. You gotta out wit that muscle. You gotta be inventive, use your initiative, use whatever the fuck you gotta do to get the job done.

I use to watch this drug dealer, from outside my flat window... Day after day, he would stand on the estate corner, doing what he did i guess. All day he'd stand there, waiting for his customers to come. However, in between waiting for them, he use to workout! You know, do isometrics.. Push ups, pull ups, dips. All day id watch him doing it. Rain or shine id go to my window while squeezing in a meal and he would be out there. I guess He figured, " If I'm gonna stand here all day then I'm gonna do something CREATIVE!

Point of post... Be creative... If your resting in between sets, do some calves, throw in a quick set of camel raises or forearms. To survive in this game long enough to build a body. You've Gotta be CREATIVE

Thanks guys

Journey well

Nice write up. Makes you think...

By the way. Arnold back in his encyclopedia recommended throwing in a couple sets for other body parts, such as calves, while resting in between sets...

Rex
12-13-15, 10:32 am
Further thinking about this, there is a limit to being creative in the gym.
Just today I saw some idiot showing a girl the most ludicrious leg exercises. Incline (wtf?!) bench step ups, jumping up and down a pretty unstable looking bench set up, bodyweight squats holding on to a rope attachment... and other stunts like that. All this girl needs to bring up her legs and ass are barbell squats, Deadlifts, legpresses and hamstring curls.
All this other shit is more dangerous than anything...

DirtMcGirt
12-13-15, 10:58 am
I saw some idiot showing a girl the most ludicrious leg exercises. Incline (wtf?!) bench step ups, jumping up and down a pretty unstable looking bench set up, bodyweight squats holding on to a rope attachment... and other stunts like that.

lmfao

skibasgym
12-13-15, 4:52 pm
I agree with creativity, but for me it has to be "planned" creativity. I have a terrible habit of overtraining once I start being too creative.

Orthodox
12-14-15, 4:02 pm
I agree with creativity, but for me it has to be "planned" creativity. I have a terrible habit of overtraining once I start being too creative.

Wo woooo! Now i know you didn't just say 'Over training' Mr Skiba? Over training is a myth bro, like Santa Clause and the tooth fairy. And i know you don't believe in them two. Your either under eating or under sleeping but Yeah i hear ya

Orthodox
12-14-15, 4:10 pm
Nice write up. Makes you think...

By the way. Arnold back in his encyclopedia recommended throwing in a couple sets for other body parts, such as calves, while resting in between sets...

This is true T Rex... Another Great story about Arnold... We know how much he loved female company, outside the gym he was surround by ladies. Prob was didn't have a lot of time to spend with them. He was faced with the dilemma... Woman or bringing up his calves. He then did something i consider genius... he spent time with a woman but during this time, he had her sit on his back and he did Camel raises! Two birds with one stone... :)

What a man

PA Kodiak
12-15-15, 6:17 am

I remember Arnold being big on posing and flexing the bodypart he was training between sets which I do precontest, but I don't remember this. What was his philosophy on how this was beneficial? Seems debatable whether it would be better to use rest periods to do work on another bodypart or to commit them 100% resting. Either way I will be giving this a try. I guess in essence, its the same as supersetting.

Rex
12-20-15, 10:24 am
I remember Arnold being big on posing and flexing the bodypart he was training between sets which I do precontest, but I don't remember this. What was his philosophy on how this was beneficial? Seems debatable whether it would be better to use rest periods to do work on another bodypart or to commit them 100% resting. Either way I will be giving this a try. I guess in essence, its the same as supersetting.

I think he recommended this on the topic of bringing up weak bodyparts. Calves for example...
As far as I can recall, in that very same chapter he also talked about how he would keep a set of dumbbells under his bed and train rear delts every night before he went to bed. Another technique he advocated for lagging muscles was doing one set to failure "once an hour, every hour" of the day. For that you also have to have weights at your house.

skibasgym
12-20-15, 5:06 pm
Wo woooo! Now i know you didn't just say 'Over training' Mr Skiba? Over training is a myth bro, like Santa Clause and the tooth fairy. And i know you don't believe in them two. Your either under eating or under sleeping but Yeah i hear ya

LOL! You are right on point with the under-sleeping. That is usually when i grind myself down. And everyone knows Santa is real!