PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Eating. The secret to bulking.

JMASS
12-17-15, 11:25 am
You stuff your face all day trying to grow. You wouldn't dare take an 8 hour break in between meals during the day, so why do you do that at night?
The Solution:
6 scoops of Vanilla Animal Mass
12oz Fairlife whole milk
6 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Blend it up and leave it on the floor by your bed. Every time you wake up at night, drink some. It doesn't matter how it gets done. But when your alarm goes off in the morning that blender better be empty. I gained 30lbs in one semester at school by adding this in to my daily diet.

CammaRHINO
12-17-15, 12:57 pm
You stuff your face all day trying to grow. You wouldn't dare take an 8 hour break in between meals during the day, so why do you do that at night?
The Solution:
6 scoops of Vanilla Animal Mass
12oz Fairlife whole milk
6 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Blend it up and leave it on the floor by your bed. Every time you wake up at night, drink some. It doesn't matter how it gets done. But when your alarm goes off in the morning that blender better be empty. I gained 30lbs in one semester at school by adding this in to my daily diet.

And this is why lifters seem to be getting stupid strong at earlier and earlier ages. Everyone is afraid to eat. Don't be afraid to eat. Just train to make it useful instead of hurtful simple. That's such a huge part of the game

C.Coronato
12-17-15, 1:31 pm
Thats crazy haha. Ive been doing mid sleep:

2 scoops Whey in 10oz almond milk
2T PB

JMASS
12-17-15, 1:53 pm
Thats crazy haha. Ive been doing mid sleep:

2 scoops Whey in 10oz almond milk
2T PB

haha probably the reason I have a bottle of tums right next to my bed too.

G Diesel
12-17-15, 2:44 pm
Extreme measures. I like it.

Peace, G

KDbeepbeep
12-17-15, 8:27 pm
Or you could be like me and take too much sleep aid and legitimately sleep-eat a jar of peanut butter and coconut oil.......

Machine
12-18-15, 12:05 pm
It's hard to argue with anything that's effective - though I'm certain plenty will find a way to do just that.

MACHINE

Rex
12-18-15, 6:26 pm
When I was living in boarding school I and just started out bodybuilding, I always had a liter of milk next to my bed. When I got up to pee I would drink it.
I didn´t have money for the fancy shit you´re blending in your mixture. Just what ever I could smuggle out of the cafeteria at dinner time...

Rex
12-18-15, 6:29 pm
Oh... I almost forgot.
This practice f´n works wonders if you´re looking for pure weight gains.

Aggression
12-19-15, 3:11 pm
I like this. You do what you gotta do. I remember my roommate and I hitting up the dining hall to eat and stuffing our back packs with milk and bananas for the room later on. And then coming back and slamming a weight gainer right after dinner. I gained some weight in college. Some of it wasn't pretty. But it was weight.

skibasgym
12-20-15, 5:22 pm
I have something quick if I wake up at night. I find i am famished when I wake up if I haven't eaten something during the night.

Rex
12-21-15, 10:24 am
I have something quick if I wake up at night. I find i am famished when I wake up if I haven't eaten something during the night.

For the last couple of years I´m only sleeping 6 hours during nights and I am eating right before I go to bed. For that reason I stopped intentionally interrupting my sleep half way through to eat. Those hours of fasting actually seem beneficial for my body as my digestive tract gets a chance to rest, catch up with tha load it is still dealing with from the day and clean up/out. So to speak...
However, when I am getting up to pee, I always have a shaker cup full of water. Otherwise I feel stiff and dried out in the morning.

Altered Beast
12-22-15, 10:36 am
Your body release all it's hormones for the following day during sleep. Sleep is when growth, healing and recovery occur.

Never truly understood why any lifter would want to interrupt that. If you're that concerned, I say have some milk with a Casein based protein. That will stay with you for 8 hours minimum!

JMASS
12-22-15, 2:17 pm
It's hard to argue with anything that's effective - though I'm certain plenty will find a way to do just that.

MACHINE

Thats definitely the truth

JMASS
12-22-15, 2:20 pm
When I was living in boarding school I and just started out bodybuilding, I always had a liter of milk next to my bed. When I got up to pee I would drink it.
I didn´t have money for the fancy shit you´re blending in your mixture. Just what ever I could smuggle out of the cafeteria at dinner time...

So true man. Anything you can fit in your pockets is fair game. Bananas, bagels, jars of pb and bread were always my favorites. I used to dump out my water jug and fill it up with whole milk. When youre only allowed to eat 3 meals a day you gotta make it work

JMASS
12-22-15, 2:27 pm
I like this. You do what you gotta do. I remember my roommate and I hitting up the dining hall to eat and stuffing our back packs with milk and bananas for the room later on. And then coming back and slamming a weight gainer right after dinner. I gained some weight in college. Some of it wasn't pretty. But it was weight.

Exactly man. When youre lifting weights in college all weight is good weight. I gained 130lbs in 5 years. Pizza, candy, ice cream. All calories are good calories for a beginning powerlifter

Aggression
12-25-15, 11:17 am
Your body release all it's hormones for the following day during sleep. Sleep is when growth, healing and recovery occur.

Never truly understood why any lifter would want to interrupt that. If you're that concerned, I say have some milk with a Casein based protein. That will stay with you for 8 hours minimum!

Agreed. I never did the whole 'set my alarm and wake up to eat' thing. Sleep is crucial. I always thought pounding calories while awake and sleeping through the night was best.

Altered Beast
12-26-15, 11:15 pm
Thats definitely the truth

Machine is always so passive aggressive. Ya never really know if he's talking directly to you or everyone in the thread, LOL!!!!

Agreed. I never did the whole 'set my alarm and wake up to eat' thing. Sleep is crucial. I always thought pounding calories while awake and sleeping through the night was best.

I can always count on ya for logic.

P Diesel
01-06-16, 9:58 am
oh ull know when Machine is taling to u AB. haha

i disagree with a lot of what is being said in here, especailly the 'all weight is good weight' idea.

all except for the concept of eating at night. that is not a secret and has been around since weights have. it is extremely effective. kazmaier used a dextrose drip at night to gain an extra 2000 calories in his diet

P

Aggression
01-06-16, 12:53 pm
kazmaier used a dextrose drip at night to gain an extra 2000 calories in his diet

P

That's insane. And hilarious. And I love it. And that's why he was at the top of his sport. You can't just pussyfoot around, eat 3 small meals and a single scoop of protein per day and think you're going to climb the ladder. Whether its forcing down a weight gainer on top of a dinner, waking up mid-sleep to drink/eat, blending up food to ingest it easier ... its what has to be done to be 'above average'.

Altered Beast
01-07-16, 1:27 pm
oh ull know when Machine is taling to u AB. haha

i disagree with a lot of what is being said in here, especailly the 'all weight is good weight' idea.

all except for the concept of eating at night. that is not a secret and has been around since weights have. it is extremely effective. kazmaier used a dextrose drip at night to gain an extra 2000 calories in his diet

P

LOL! =-|

Dextrose drip?!?!?!? That's nuts and AWESOME! Surprised he isn't diabetic, lol.

Everyone really is different.