PDA

View Full Version : Uni-Syn

Ricky P
03-21-07, 6:43 pm
Anyone have any reaction to UniSyn? I don't hear much about it on here. I took it as my MRP last year, loved it. I just was in the process of trying to find one right for me so I haven't gone back to it just yet. Anyone else use it and like the results? I thought it tasted pretty good also - I used the chocolate.

Freakshow
03-22-07, 10:25 pm
Anyone have any reaction to UniSyn? I don't hear much about it on here. I took it as my MRP last year, loved it. I just was in the process of trying to find one right for me so I haven't gone back to it just yet. Anyone else use it and like the results? I thought it tasted pretty good also - I used the chocolate.

Hey bro, I was just asking about this myself not to long ago, and didnt get to many answers except for one from J-Dawg, who uses this stuff religiously. I am glad to hear you liked it because I just ordered a Starter Kit of it, which gives me samples of each flavor and a free Universal Shaker. I am curious to try it...J-Dawg seems partial to the Strawberry flavor, but I have always been a chocolate man, so we'll see. I will get back to you when I try them out. FreakShow

ctgblue
03-23-07, 3:23 pm
it's my wifes favorite MRP, and it is realy good cost wise
I like the van and straw, she like the choc

Ricky P
03-23-07, 3:33 pm
Haha, yeah I figured this post was a goner. Glad someone dug it up and found it. Yeah I mean I loved the Chocolate, but again, since then I have been trying to find an MRP to stick with. I never hear anything about it, I just kind of stumbled upon it and read up on it. It seemed pretty good so I went with it. I think I'm going to get another container of it and hammer it down.

Freakshow, definitely let me know how it goes brother! I'm curious how you feel about the other flavors because I'm also more of a chocolate guy. I know they only have the other two flavors, but I'd love to hear what you think of them, maybe I'll give one a shot, give the chocolate a rest for a while.

Jaymafin
03-23-07, 3:48 pm
I found as an MRP it didnt do much appetite wise. i always added a banana and natty PB to keep myself from eating an hour later. could be a good thing when bulking though.

Freakshow
04-04-07, 11:32 pm
Freakshow, definitely let me know how it goes brother! I'm curious how you feel about the other flavors because I'm also more of a chocolate guy. I know they only have the other two flavors, but I'd love to hear what you think of them, maybe I'll give one a shot, give the chocolate a rest for a while.

Hey Ricky-

I have had my starter kit for about a week now, and I gotta say, I like vanilla the best. The chocolate was a little to thick to me, and the vanilla and strawberry werent...(could be because chocolate is 79 grams, compared to the 74 grams in the other two..) Strawberry was just so-so to me, but in all fairness, I have never "loved" a strawberry protein that I have tried. I think I am going to buy some of the vanilla packets the next time I order. FreakShow

Ricky P
04-04-07, 11:40 pm
Hey Ricky-

I have had my starter kit for about a week now, and I gotta say, I like vanilla the best. The chocolate was a little to thick to me, and the vanilla and strawberry werent...(could be because chocolate is 79 grams, compared to the 74 grams in the other two..) Strawberry was just so-so to me, but in all fairness, I have never "loved" a strawberry protein that I have tried. I think I am going to buy some of the vanilla packets the next time I order. FreakShow

Good to know. I've never had any success with Vanilla proteins, so this is encouraging news. You know what.... What about getting an order of Chocolate and an order of Vanilla.... And taking a scoop of each.... And shaking that up?? I could never decide Chocolate and Vanilla with ice cream as a kid, always went for the swirl. Why haven't I thought of this before.... That might one tasty shake!

I actually just got into a tub of Real Gains about a week ago, gotta say it's some good stuff. I just posted under the Real Gains thread about using G-Diesel's little recipe.... It was unreal. I heavily suggest it if you're ever looking to mix something up with your Real Gains at some point down the road.

brandonA
05-15-07, 8:19 pm
I am on a diet, trying to cut some baby fat...i am looking for a good, quick snack, trying to pack some more protien and cals in...do you guys thing that the Unisyn has too many carbs for maybe two servings a day? right now i am running almost no carbs, save for my oats and Torrnet along with veggies during the day so i think i have room to add some..

-B

Ricky P
05-15-07, 8:29 pm
To be honest I think UniSyn is perfect for you. It's got a perfect 2:1 ratio protein to carbs. One serving you grab 44 grams of protein and 22 grams of carbs and you also get a load of vitamins and minerals. I've only used the chocolate so far - but the thickness didn't bother me, it made it taste more like a real shake which IMO makes it easier to drink with water, you don't NEED the milk to make it thick or to make it taste any better. Personally I really enjoy the taste - I'll mix in some glutamine and creatine for good measure as I do with all my shakes..

brandonA
05-15-07, 8:38 pm
To be honest I think UniSyn is perfect for you. It's got a perfect 2:1 ratio protein to carbs. One serving you grab 44 grams of protein and 22 grams of carbs and you also get a load of vitamins and minerals. I've only used the chocolate so far - but the thickness didn't bother me, it made it taste more like a real shake which IMO makes it easier to drink with water, you don't NEED the milk to make it thick or to make it taste any better. Personally I really enjoy the taste - I'll mix in some glutamine and creatine for good measure as I do with all my shakes..

Right on...I have a 2lb can of this stuff coming soon....Specialized Protein For Dieters

http://www.universalnutrition.com/

I know that J-Dawg is a huge fan of the Specialized Protein For Lean Mass..so i though i would give the Dieters a try, but it has alomst zero carbs in it....maybe when i see the bottom of that can i will get some UniSyn...

-B

krazyassmexican
05-29-07, 9:21 am
is unysin casein protein?

what brand of casein protein would u recomend me?

Space Cowboy
05-29-07, 9:44 am
Listed in other ingredients on the UNI-SYN label it states

UNI-SYN PROTEIN COMPLEX (consisting of ultrafiltrated whey protein concentrate, isolated casein peptides, total milk protein isolates, whey protein isolates, glutamine peptides and instantized egg albumin)

personally ive never tried a casein protein, but was given a tub of CYTOSPORT for free, so may give that a try before bed.

EASI
COWBOY

krazyassmexican
05-29-07, 10:51 am
got u!
thanks
Listed in other ingredients on the UNI-SYN label it states

UNI-SYN PROTEIN COMPLEX (consisting of ultrafiltrated whey protein concentrate, isolated casein peptides, total milk protein isolates, whey protein isolates, glutamine peptides and instantized egg albumin)

personally ive never tried a casein protein, but was given a tub of CYTOSPORT for free, so may give that a try before bed.

EASI
COWBOY

Freakshow
05-29-07, 11:43 am
Yes, UniSyn has some caesin in its protein blend, but it may not be the best choice before bed because it has a decent amount of carbs. Look into Universal Milk and Egg for a good before bed protein, or just eat some cottage cheese.

krazyassmexican
05-29-07, 11:56 am
aight bro universal milk and egg is on my list

Yes, UniSyn has some caesin in its protein blend, but it may not be the best choice before bed because it has a decent amount of carbs. Look into Universal Milk and Egg for a good before bed protein, or just eat some cottage cheese.

feelthepain12
05-29-07, 5:13 pm
Right now I don't have the money for any casein but what I do instead is try to get a big glass or 2 of milk down right before I go to bed for some slow-digesting protein.

ironshaolin
05-29-07, 5:14 pm
if you have regular whey, mix it with milk/peanut butter before bed. The nuts and dairy greatly slow the absorption down.

G Diesel
05-29-07, 5:18 pm
if you have regular whey, mix it with milk/peanut butter before bed. The nuts and dairy greatly slow the absorption down.

Good call bro... The casein in milk and the healthy fats in the PB will greatly slow digestion. Problem solved. Peace, G

krazyassmexican
05-29-07, 10:18 pm
thanks both of u guys
Good call bro... The casein in milk and the healthy fats in the PB will greatly slow digestion. Problem solved. Peace, G

GK37
11-12-07, 6:21 pm
What are yalls thoughts on Unisyn?
I prefer to use it to replace one of my several Real Gains shakes sometimes
It tastes good, and gives a more diverse amino profile

Your thoughts.....

Freakshow
11-12-07, 6:23 pm
Love the stuff. Strawberry UniSyn is a great treat first thing in the morning.

LHS Monster
11-12-07, 6:25 pm
ive never had real gains but i kno that i love muscle milks chocolate flavor it is so good esp in some milk

Bear
11-12-07, 6:38 pm

I personally love it. One of the best mrps i've ever had from a nutritional stand point. And the taste is great too. I've tried vanilla but havent had the others... I'm always hesitant to try a new flavor in fear that it will taste like shit. LOL

GK37
11-12-07, 11:13 pm
I personally love it. One of the best mrps i've ever had from a nutritional stand point. And the taste is great too. I've tried vanilla but havent had the others... I'm always hesitant to try a new flavor in fear that it will taste like shit. LOL

haha that happens to me too!

simpleguy
11-13-07, 12:06 am
ive never had real gains but i kno that i love muscle milks chocolate flavor it is so good esp in some milk

what does muscle milk have to do with this thread? sry but had to ask this

Bear
11-13-07, 12:29 am
haha that happens to me too!

Man its true... Thats happened to me one too many times. LOL

Giant Killer
11-13-07, 11:28 am
UniSyn is awesome it's a very good MRP. If it means anything to ya' I know Machine uses them for extra cals.

krazyassmexican
11-13-07, 11:33 am
hey GK so truth machine includes unisyn in most if not all of his meals:

this are my 50cents: LOL

i used unisyn once (j dawg hooked me up)

it tastes great
and in my opinion
if you were not born for weight gainers (u may be carb sensitive and gain weight fast)

unisyn is the answer you are looking for

and besides
i believe unisyn is great on bulk and cut cycles

GK37
11-13-07, 6:06 pm
hey GK so truth machine includes unisyn in most if not all of his meals:

this are my 50cents: LOL

i used unisyn once (j dawg hooked me up)

it tastes great
and in my opinion
if you were not born for weight gainers (u may be carb sensitive and gain weight fast)

unisyn is the answer you are looking for

and besides
i believe unisyn is great on bulk and cut cycles

ok thanks for the info!

Bob
11-14-07, 8:56 am

I've used a lot of Universal powders over the years and gotta say Strawberry Unisyn is my favorite protein/MRP!

JUGGERNAUT
11-14-07, 1:28 pm
I have no clue why this product is not brought up more. Been using it for years because it's like a high protein meal replacement compared to the more watered down ones out there, also with 6 different proteins. I'm a fan of multiple protein sources from foods and sups.

TylerC
12-02-07, 7:27 pm
Universal,

please please please please put Unisyn in a bigger jug! At least 5 lb, preferably 10 tho

This is a great product and I consume it alot, and i'm running out too quickly

Freakshow
12-02-07, 7:30 pm
I'll second this, I love that stuff. What is your favorite flavor?

TylerC
12-02-07, 7:38 pm
I'm a vanilla guy myself, I find that other flavors get old after a while, and any type of chocolate powder makes my skin break out (weird i know, this is coming from a guy who about had to go to a clinic to get him off of reese cups haha)

Freakshow
12-02-07, 7:46 pm
I really like Vanilla, but Strawberry has quickly become my new favorite.

RenegadeRows
12-03-07, 5:40 am
Universal,

please please please please put Unisyn in a bigger jug! At least 5 lb, preferably 10 tho

This is a great product and I consume it alot, and i'm running out too quickly

x10,0000 man I love this stuff too.. vanilla for me please. I usually buy my protien in 10 lb bags (ON 100%whey) and it comes with 155 servings that feed me for about 4-5 weeks and thats a bit of a convenience. Unisyn comes in a 2.25 lb with only like 15 servings or something...aint gonna take me too far and paying frequent shipping is a pain in the ass :PBut I still get it when I can tho.

Oh yeah, that and torrent too...needs bigger jug

TylerC
12-08-07, 10:19 am
bump,

I just seen the bottom of the container and it's only been about a week and a half

please Universal!

escholar05
01-30-08, 6:59 pm
Hey all,
due to me being laid up for a full 3 weeks after having surgery (totally unexpected, had the same surgery on the other foot and it didn't go like this), I needed an alternative to getting up and cooking breakfast, since I'm effectively on one foot...Anyways, for those of you that have used uni-syn, did you think it tasted better with milk or water? That is really my only question, I ordered both chocolate and strawberry, I was really impressed with the price, and also with the nutrient profile compared to other MRP's. If you wanna see how this fits into my "best I can do" diet for the next 3 weeks, check out my journey.

krazyassmexican
01-30-08, 7:05 pm
Hey all,
due to me being laid up for a full 3 weeks after having surgery (totally unexpected, had the same surgery on the other foot and it didn't go like this), I needed an alternative to getting up and cooking breakfast, since I'm effectively on one foot...Anyways, for those of you that have used uni-syn, did you think it tasted better with milk or water? That is really my only question, I ordered both chocolate and strawberry, I was really impressed with the price, and also with the nutrient profile compared to other MRP's. If you wanna see how this fits into my "best I can do" diet for the next 3 weeks, check out my journey.

i tried strawberry unisyn with water and it's fuckin awesome
my boy robert takes the chocolate unisyn with water and loves it

Freakshow
01-30-08, 7:14 pm
I fucking LOVE Strawberry Uni-Syn with water. First thing that I have when I wake up in the morning.

Ricky P
01-30-08, 7:18 pm
Freakshow, I know we've talked at length about this! UniSyn is very underrated, it's a great MRP!

escholar05 try hitting up that search first next time, check out this thread:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=4419

And I think it tastes best with water. It will be way too thick with milk, IMO anyways..

escholar05
01-30-08, 8:07 pm
I used the search function, altho apparently not correctly, because I didn't get that result. Thanks for the help, using water makes the logistics of the whole thing alot easier.

Freakshow
01-30-08, 9:15 pm
Freakshow, I know we've talked at length about this! UniSyn is very underrated, it's a great MRP!

escholar05 try hitting up that search first next time, check out this thread:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=4419

And I think it tastes best with water. It will be way too thick with milk, IMO anyways..

Uni-Syn and Specialized Protein for Lean Mass are my two favorite protein shakes, period. If I could get any two supps free for life, it would be those, over Animal Pak and anything/everything else.

J-Dawg
01-31-08, 9:24 am
I fucking LOVE Strawberry Uni-Syn with water. First thing that I have when I wake up in the morning.

Same here Freakshow. I drink this on my way to work in the morning--Uni-Syn mixed with 16oz lactose-free milk. Love the taste of the strawberry.

brandonA
01-31-08, 10:00 am
Now that I am working out in the early mornings, I slam strawberry with 2-1/2 cups of milk and 1/2 cup of oats (to bring the carbs and protien about even), then hit the gym...have not tried it in water, but in milk it's killer...

-B

Enforcer
02-04-08, 2:17 pm
I think it tastes good with milk or water. Just add some ice cubes maybe a banana or peanut butter and your good to go. Also try some ground oats if your looking to get some quality carbs in as well.

Big Wides
08-23-10, 10:03 pm
going to bump this up for everyone out there....been taking it for a couple weeks now and can't say nothing but good things about it

C.Coronato
08-24-10, 9:43 am
Agreed wides. I have some handy packets at home, so whenever i need a quick on the run meal, i have it all set up.

Aggression
08-24-10, 9:45 am
Uni-Syn is the shit. I have a box of 20 packets of Vanilla. The mixture with water is thicker than an ordinary whey protein, so it actually feels like I'm consuming something worthy. I mixed it with some PB the other day it was delicious.