PDA

View Full Version : Flip "The House": Rebuilt from the ground up

The House
01-18-16, 9:57 pm
It's been too long. Sometimes life will take you on some detours. Some of these detours turnout being better than the actual route normally traveled. Life is full of choices and each choice we make will take us in a different direction, but sometimes in life no matter what choice you make it will continue to bring you back on the road you are destine to travel. Three years ago I chose a path that would lead me away from training.Taking this path was a choice I had to make for myself and my family. I needed to focus on my house and not the house. The time I spent away from training made me understand that I needed training. I needed the iron. I tried to suppress the iron but it would always come out in me. Training is a huge part of me and I am glad to be back at it. I am not going to lie I am not in great shape but I am going to be back I am going to give it a run. I am going to flip "The House" nice and slow. lets see where this goes my Animal brothers lets do this together. I am excited and glad to be back with my Animal family.

D-NUTZ
01-18-16, 10:21 pm
Yes!

GUNS
01-18-16, 10:37 pm
I'm in to for this! Great to have you back! Family comes first! Bottom line!

dannynb
01-18-16, 10:48 pm
I'm on board for this.

BringTheCarnage
01-18-16, 11:04 pm
We are always here to support each other brother! Big, small, in shape or out of shape it doesn't matter! What matters is the person you. Are! And brother your about as great of a person as God made them! Welcome. Back and we are all on board to watch this rebuild happen! West Virginia doesn't have a lot. Of claim to fame but you my friend shines bright for the state! Represent!

The House
01-19-16, 5:34 am
Thanks guys up early at gym now doing chest before I head off to work. It was 0 out today hope it warms up. Winter is cold at my work underground. Chest will keep me warm all day.

The House
01-19-16, 5:43 am
Lift heavy with short rest times

naturalguy
01-19-16, 8:38 am
Much respect for getting out of your comfort zone and sacrificing for your family. The iron is always there waiting for you and everything will come back quicker than you think. Good to see you back in the game my friend.

Kowboy
01-19-16, 9:13 am
Glad to see you back House, been a long time man. Didn't feel the same without you man.

smoothballer
01-19-16, 11:41 am
House it is so great that you are back. I am excited to see what this journey brings for you.

BCent
01-20-16, 9:24 am
So happy you're back! Good luck with everything- definitely following

The House
01-20-16, 7:31 pm
It's tough getting back at it. I know it's not going to be easy. I am going in slow and gradually increasing the work load of training one week at a time. I am currently training three days a week and have been for awhile now. During my time off I trained back and bi on Monday chest and tri on Wednesday then legs on Friday. I am going to add a shoulder day in February and that will get me up to four days a week.

During my time off I never trained shoulders becauce I figured I hit them indirectly from the other days. That's my first step adding shoulder day.

When I train four days a week I will go Monday Tuesday on Wednesday off Thursday Friday on with weekend off. We will see how this goes

Thanks guys for the support

GUNS
01-20-16, 10:02 pm
I feel like 4 day split of M T on wed off, T F on, Weekends off is the best. Get that rest day in the middle and the weekends. Plus best part is, weekends are for family!

The House
01-20-16, 10:28 pm
I feel like 4 day split of M T on wed off, T F on, Weekends off is the best. Get that rest day in the middle and the weekends. Plus best part is, weekends are for family!

Yep weekend off is always nice. I always feel if I go more than three days in a row I start to like I am not getting as much out of my workouts. Even when I was training hard I felt the same

Lunatic001
01-21-16, 1:57 pm
Glad you're back big man. We are right here with you.

G Diesel
01-21-16, 2:34 pm

I dig that. Great strategy for overall growth.

Peace, G

GUNS
01-21-16, 4:59 pm
Yep weekend off is always nice. I always feel if I go more than three days in a row I start to like I am not getting as much out of my workouts. Even when I was training hard I felt the sameI hear ya!

I dig that. Great strategy for overall growth.

Peace, GYes sir! We grow while we rest! No need to get crazy with it all!

DANO
01-21-16, 5:33 pm
Hey House!
Glad to see you back around! I completely understand difficulties and the family balance.
I look forward to seeing you climb back to the top!

The Landlord
01-21-16, 7:56 pm

Weekends are for hockey lol

Universal Rep
01-22-16, 3:37 pm
The return to the Iron (in distinction to the return to the stage)... Could be an epic video series.

Brasil
01-22-16, 4:48 pm
question. how much you weighing now?

dannynb
01-23-16, 11:48 am
Simple plan...those always work best. Look forward to watching you progress brother. The road back is not an easy path, add on family duties and the job...makes it that much tougher, but you're built for this road...from the iron to working underground...i tip my hat to ya, and can say I've known some tough bastards in my life and you are in that list.

blw070473
01-24-16, 10:05 pm
Big fan here! I'm glad to see you back and find out what you are up to.

C.Coronato
01-25-16, 9:15 am
Cant even explain how happy I am to see you back my brother. One of the most humble, greatest people ive met in this industry. From day one, you and The Family have shown me respect.

The House
01-25-16, 12:26 pm
question. how much you weighing now?

250 soft

The House
01-25-16, 12:27 pm
Simple plan...those always work best. Look forward to watching you progress brother. The road back is not an easy path, add on family duties and the job...makes it that much tougher, but you're built for this road...from the iron to working underground...i tip my hat to ya, and can say I've known some tough bastards in my life and you are in that list.

Thanks you are on my list to bud

The House
01-25-16, 12:29 pm
Cant even explain how happy I am to see you back my brother. One of the most humble, greatest people ive met in this industry. From day one, you and The Family have shown me respect.

Thanks bud you are a good man yourself.

The House
01-25-16, 12:35 pm
The Monday to Thursday diet. It's tough for many months I would tell myself I was going to start eating clean starting Monday. Once Monday hit I would be right on eating clean feeling good and motivated, Tuesday and Wednesday would pass each day sticking to it and by Thursday I would start to slip. Then the weekend would come and by Sunday I would be gone. Sunday night telling myself again I would start again Monday. It's a fucked up cycle. I want to go one fucking Monday not starting again I want to wake up next Monday not starting again but doing again.

GUNS
01-25-16, 12:53 pm
It's tuff especially when you have the kids in the house. Don't want to take away foods they enjoy. You got this House, one day at a time, one week at a time and it will keep rolling into the year!

Kowboy
01-25-16, 3:26 pm
The Monday to Thursday diet. It's tough for many months I would tell myself I was going to start eating clean starting Monday. Once Monday hit I would be right on eating clean feeling good and motivated, Tuesday and Wednesday would pass each day sticking to it and by Thursday I would start to slip. Then the weekend would come and by Sunday I would be gone. Sunday night telling myself again I would start again Monday. It's a fucked up cycle. I want to go one fucking Monday not starting again I want to wake up next Monday not starting again but doing again.

This is the exact path I was on for two years and led to me putting on all my weight again. Some more muscle this go round but very annoying. With work, travel and kids there are a lot of temptations around.

smoothballer
01-26-16, 9:31 am

I think this is incredibly common especially with a family. I do really well when I have a set schedule so the work week is usually pretty spot on diet-wise. Then Friday night comes and a friend calls or we go out to dinner as a family. Then on rest of the weekend it is easier to follow down the same path. We all know how to do it right, but it takes sacrifices of not just us but our families which at times doesn't seem fair to them. I have faith that the ship will be righted and we will find ways to make everything work.

The House
01-26-16, 8:02 pm
On midnight shift this week lifting on swing shift takes some real want to. I went out to work Sunday night for Monday at 12 and got done work around 10am Monday morning during the shift we were told that the mine would be idle for the next two days because of the coal market. This is become to frequent of a thing. Got to work or you can't pay the bills. The only thing that is a positive is I will have better workouts not being On midnight shift. It always hard training on midnights. I have tried going before work right after work and I just can't seem to have good workouts on that shift.

The House
02-02-16, 8:52 am
Last week was a very successful week. I got all my training days in and that added day for shoulders did me good.

The House
02-02-16, 8:57 am
Started taking my supps this week my stak to comeback goes like this
Animal pak
Test
Omega
Juiced aminos
Rage
Pm
Animal whey

Mr. Dead
02-02-16, 9:13 am
Awesome to see ya back in here...!!!

G Diesel
02-02-16, 10:44 am
Started taking my supps this week my stak to comeback goes like this
Animal pak
Test
Omega
Juiced aminos
Rage
Pm
Animal whey

Nice looking stack, my brother. Looking forward to tracking your steady progress.

Keep the updates coming man. Truly inspiring to real dudes on the grind.

Peace, G

dannynb
02-04-16, 12:58 pm
Always a good thing, getting in all training sessions. How's feel hitting shoulders again?

RobDaSavage
02-05-16, 1:28 pm
Alright then let's get it! Much respect handling business first.

BigAnt
02-07-16, 3:06 pm
Great to see you back at it...You are a great family man! Besides being a great bodybuilder...Allowing time with your family is key! This is the main reason why I respect you so much!

Do you now have a steady diet-nutrition plan you are following?

The House
02-08-16, 9:19 pm
Awesome to see ya back in here...!!!

Good to be back buddy

The House
02-08-16, 9:20 pm
Nice looking stack, my brother. Looking forward to tracking your steady progress.

Keep the updates coming man. Truly inspiring to real dudes on the grind.

Peace, G

Thanks g, slow and steady. Had a good couple weeks. I get more motivation each time I wake up

The House
02-08-16, 9:23 pm
Always a good thing, getting in all training sessions. How's feel hitting shoulders again?

Shoulders was always one of my fav days bud, it was good getting to train them again. The hardest part is starting out with smaller weight when back in the day I was throwing around 100's like nothing

The House
02-08-16, 9:25 pm
Alright then let's get it! Much respect handling business first.

Always finish business first and take care of your family everything else will fall into place

The House
02-08-16, 9:27 pm
Great to see you back at it...You are a great family man! Besides being a great bodybuilder...Allowing time with your family is key! This is the main reason why I respect you so much!

Do you now have a steady diet-nutrition plan you are following?

Not following any nutritional plan right now just cleaning my diet up. Like no more junk and eating out see how that goes. But I still let me eat whatever I want for my weekends if I am busy if I am home I eat clean still.

The House
02-14-16, 7:35 pm
man is tough when you see old pictures of yourself and then you look in the mirror and see what you have become. this is going to be a long process. it different being on this end of the stick this time around

The House
02-17-16, 8:04 pm
Hello it's me

GUNS
02-17-16, 8:59 pm
I was explaining to someone the other day about the ups and downs Ive had over the last 26 years Ive been training. Back surgery being the biggest. Was at 215 and dropped to 177. Like you said, seeing pics and looking in the mirror, you see 2 different people! But remember, those two are the same inside!

The House
02-18-16, 9:30 pm
I was explaining to someone the other day about the ups and downs Ive had over the last 26 years Ive been training. Back surgery being the biggest. Was at 215 and dropped to 177. Like you said, seeing pics and looking in the mirror, you see 2 different people! But remember, those two are the same inside!

Yes same inside. its tough when u see but feel the same. It's a slow work in progress

The House
02-18-16, 10:52 pm
The struggle is real. I might not show it but it fucking eats me away inside. My hands are worn my back is stiff my feet are blistered but I keep going each day. I don't complain or talk about it. I just do what it takes to make each fucking day a success for my family.

Orthodox
02-18-16, 11:26 pm
The struggle is real. I might not show it but it fucking eats me away inside. My hands are worn my back is stiff my feet are blistered but I keep going each day. I don't complain or talk about it. I just do what it takes to make each fucking day a success for my family.

Peace to you Eric

I cant tell you how glad my soul feels right now, to be reading once again, words that you have written. To have you back for me, wow, my souls rejoicing. I owe you alot brother. For many days as a youngster, i read your articles and in my dark days, they kept me going. It was only the other day that i posted on you, starting a thread about balancing your personal life, such as family etc with that of bodybuilding. I use to watch, 'a day in the life of The House' you know those 5 episodes Of your self on you tube. Id draw strength from them. Your a special man bro. Get up early am, hit that cardio, kiss the wife, cook those meals, pack those sups, head to work where you'd help others, head to the your self, then pick your kid, take them to the park etc.. Wow you taught me the value of a full day!

When i was that 9stone teenager, homeless, sleeping in my car, trying to build my body, i use to have this picture of you which i cut out from one of you animal pak articles. You know the one where your sitting down with a bucket in front of you, you got a smith machine behind you. :) this pic is so motivating. Kept me going..

Now im 300 lbs, 20 years in this game an id just like to say THANK YOU

Journey well

The House
02-19-16, 3:54 pm
Peace to you Eric

I cant tell you how glad my soul feels right now, to be reading once again, words that you have written. To have you back for me, wow, my souls rejoicing. I owe you alot brother. For many days as a youngster, i read your articles and in my dark days, they kept me going. It was only the other day that i posted on you, starting a thread about balancing your personal life, such as family etc with that of bodybuilding. I use to watch, 'a day in the life of The House' you know those 5 episodes Of your self on you tube. Id draw strength from them. Your a special man bro. Get up early am, hit that cardio, kiss the wife, cook those meals, pack those sups, head to work where you'd help others, head to the your self, then pick your kid, take them to the park etc.. Wow you taught me the value of a full day!

When i was that 9stone teenager, homeless, sleeping in my car, trying to build my body, i use to have this picture of you which i cut out from one of you animal pak articles. You know the one where your sitting down with a bucket in front of you, you got a smith machine behind you. :) this pic is so motivating. Kept me going..

Now im 300 lbs, 20 years in this game an id just like to say THANK YOU

Journey well
No thank you, we feed each other this is why I have motivation. We have came a long way in life, the journey will change but the man will stay strong. I remember that picture you speak of

The House
02-22-16, 8:26 pm
Got a good chest workout in today. Did some incline at start worked all the way down to a six set. Adding some heavy sets in to see how that works. Something I never did in the past

The House
02-29-16, 9:15 pm
Had a good week training. Man it's still tough the weights are not easing up but I am not stopping

GUNS
02-29-16, 10:18 pm
You know they never do! Haha

The House
03-11-16, 5:18 pm
Getting it each day is a test will you pass or fail

The House
03-11-16, 5:26 pm
http://youtu.be/EUkb9T3BxGA Video of a start back

The House
03-27-16, 7:54 pm
Hope everyone had a good Easter. Workout should be good tomorrow I ate some Easter candy and toons of colored eggs haha

Pale Rider
03-31-16, 10:55 pm
Nice work

dannynb
04-02-16, 9:49 am
Still following ya. Like always House, you're motivating many souls, especially mine. In the past, you pushed me, being a bodybuilder at the top level, and still being a family man. Getting it done in the gym, at work, and at home. Being where i hoped to be one day.

Now you push me, being a working man, climbing his way back, inch by inch. Dealing with the physical struggles of putting the hours in on the time clock and still getting it in at the gym. Everything our families have been through, the struggles, the set backs...you're still pressing forward...pushing me to do the same. Thank you brother.

I know we all feed off of each other here and I just wanted to let you know that many are behind you. Days when I'm tired and frustrated i come here and read through your posts.... that helps keep the coals.burning and gives me the extra push i need on those days. Ill6be hitting you up soon, because I'm ready to shift intonthe next gear.

The House
04-18-16, 8:51 pm
Still following ya. Like always House, you're motivating many souls, especially mine. In the past, you pushed me, being a bodybuilder at the top level, and still being a family man. Getting it done in the gym, at work, and at home. Being where i hoped to be one day.

Now you push me, being a working man, climbing his way back, inch by inch. Dealing with the physical struggles of putting the hours in on the time clock and still getting it in at the gym. Everything our families have been through, the struggles, the set backs...you're still pressing forward...pushing me to do the same. Thank you brother.

I know we all feed off of each other here and I just wanted to let you know that many are behind you. Days when I'm tired and frustrated i come here and read through your posts.... that helps keep the coals.burning and gives me the extra push i need on those days. Ill6be hitting you up soon, because I'm ready to shift intonthe next gear.

Thanks bro you are an inspiration to I enjoy watching everything that you do with your fam you and your wife are good people. Your gym looks like it is going well also. I always wanted to start my own gym like you but never been able to because of insurance for the fam. Them medical bills keep adding up and if I did not have insurance even for a short time I would dig a big hole

The House
04-18-16, 8:52 pm
Taking this week off to recover

MRmichael.hooker
05-11-16, 4:32 pm
Taking this week off to recover

Alright it's been over a week. How ya doing man? Better not be off eating those pumpkin cherrioes I showed you haha

The House
05-31-16, 10:57 am
Alright it's been over a week. How ya doing man? Better not be off eating those pumpkin cherrioes I showed you haha

Them look good

The House
05-31-16, 10:59 am
I came back strong bud. I have been working on getting my body weight back up would like to hit 265 here soon again.

The House
05-31-16, 11:00 am
Bumped my days training back up to 5 and it feels great.

Pale Rider
05-31-16, 10:54 pm
Nice work

dannynb
06-11-16, 5:31 pm
Thanks bro you are an inspiration to I enjoy watching everything that you do with your fam you and your wife are good people. Your gym looks like it is going well also. I always wanted to start my own gym like you but never been able to because of insurance for the fam. Them medical bills keep adding up and if I did not have insurance even for a short time I would dig a big hole

It is a dream come true, and it has it's ups and downs. We gotta do what we gotta do to pay the bills, put food on the table. Things are going good, but it's a struggle, the bills from Michi's chemo is adding up fast, but I can't complain because she's handling it like a badass. As for you owning a gym, never say never brother, you never know what the future holds in store for ya. It is good to see ya back at it. I see you broke 260, fires me up to get off my ass and push for 280. I have no plans on competing any time soon so that doesn't mean I can't focus on adding on some. Long hours, body hurts, mind is tired, but we still gotta dig deep and get time in with the iron. As exhausting as it is, the iron is calming...helps clear my head so my time with the family I'm not focused on everything piling up, but can actually enjoy my time with them. Summer is here so def getting ready to spend some time at the river with the kids. Keep posting your updates, and if time allows, keep up with some videos. Like hearing about your nutrition, and the crazy shit you do... grinding up Animal Pak with your shake. Hell I read about you mixing in coffee grinds with your eggs once, yeah I tried it and spent the rest of the day picking that shit outta my teeth. Hahahaha.

Thunder Chicken
06-11-16, 7:01 pm
I'm gonna keep a good eye on this one, big fan of yours House and I like a good comeback story! Kill it man!

BCent
06-13-16, 11:45 am
Really enjoying following along with you dude. Not sure if you remember, my dad and I got dinner with you and we went to the Arnold together when we won tickets from the cage a few years back. Not sure if you realized it, but you left a lasting impression with both of us. To the point where my dad asks regularly how you're doing- I've been happy to see all of your posts lately and be able to give him at least some kind of update on ya!

The House
06-28-16, 11:19 am
Nice work

Thanks you to

The House
06-28-16, 11:37 am
It is a dream come true, and it has it's ups and downs. We gotta do what we gotta do to pay the bills, put food on the table. Things are going good, but it's a struggle, the bills from Michi's chemo is adding up fast, but I can't complain because she's handling it like a badass. As for you owning a gym, never say never brother, you never know what the future holds in store for ya. It is good to see ya back at it. I see you broke 260, fires me up to get off my ass and push for 280. I have no plans on competing any time soon so that doesn't mean I can't focus on adding on some. Long hours, body hurts, mind is tired, but we still gotta dig deep and get time in with the iron. As exhausting as it is, the iron is calming...helps clear my head so my time with the family I'm not focused on everything piling up, but can actually enjoy my time with them. Summer is here so def getting ready to spend some time at the river with the kids. Keep posting your updates, and if time allows, keep up with some videos. Like hearing about your nutrition, and the crazy shit you do... grinding up Animal Pak with your shake. Hell I read about you mixing in coffee grinds with your eggs once, yeah I tried it and spent the rest of the day picking that shit outta my teeth. Hahahaha.

Haha coffee in your teeth...it happens. Your wife is very tough I hope she is doing well I saw on fb she was back to training from time to time. O I hit 280 bud.... Just did this weekend. Think I am going to hold and see what happens no need for me to get to fat lol. You will hit it bud I know u will

The House
06-28-16, 11:38 am
I'm gonna keep a good eye on this one, big fan of yours House and I like a good comeback story! Kill it man!

Slow and steady

The House
06-28-16, 11:39 am
Really enjoying following along with you dude. Not sure if you remember, my dad and I got dinner with you and we went to the Arnold together when we won tickets from the cage a few years back. Not sure if you realized it, but you left a lasting impression with both of us. To the point where my dad asks regularly how you're doing- I've been happy to see all of your posts lately and be able to give him at least some kind of update on ya!

Thanks and yes I remember. Tell your dad I said hello. Hope all is well and how is your training going. Are you still going to the Arnold Classic every year it become addicting

The House
08-31-16, 12:04 pm
Starting to train down fuck this fat time to get back in stage shape

smoothballer
09-02-16, 2:53 pm
Starting to train down fuck this fat time to get back in stage shape

Looking forward to see what you bring back to the stage. I admire your ability to continue to be a providor for your family and work so damn hard at bodybuilding. The House Has Been Rebuilt!

The House
10-31-16, 4:23 pm
Looking forward to see what you bring back to the stage. I admire your ability to continue to be a providor for your family and work so damn hard at bodybuilding. The House Has Been Rebuilt!

thanks i am working hard and each month. its a lifestyle sometimes its hard. we all have our ups and downs

The House
01-08-17, 9:57 pm
Started my bulk this might get interesting

The House
01-08-17, 9:58 pm
Goal for this year is to get huge weight is 247.8 right now