PDA

View Full Version : meet prep for april 30th- eaton barbell battle

tark
01-19-16, 10:03 pm
I figured I would start up a new journey since Im pretty sure Ive had the same journey since I started. Really looking to put my name on the map this year with the meets im doing. I have HUGE goals set for myself and im not shying away from putting them out there to hold my ass accountable. So with that being said I started my meet prep this week at 14 weeks out. Took a deload last week and will also be throwing one in the middle of this prep as well so I finish strong. Look forward to seeing what happens and already have good feelings with where this is all headed.

tark
01-19-16, 10:12 pm
Mondays are always my deadlift days so what better way to start my meet prep off with none other than some deathlifts! This prep im going to try something a little different with my pulls. im going to alternate each week between sumo and conventional and try and keep my hips as fresh as possible for later down the road. in the offseason I did that and it seemed to do my some good as my pulls were feeling great and I didn't feel taxed early in the training so I might be on to something with this.

Monday deadlift day- sumo all pulls today were done beltless
warmups- 225x8, 225x5, 315x5, 315x3, working sets- 405 x3, 465x3 top set 525x8( huge beltless PR) backdown sets-525x3x 2 sets
reverse hypers- 3 sets of 20
rack pulls- 4 sets of 15
leg curls- 2 sets of 30
glute bridges- 2 sets of 25

great first day of training. really surprised with how well the 525 went as 8 reps Is one big ass PR...hoping that this will be setting me up later on for a big pr on the platform! next week ill be pulling conventional so the reps probably wont be nearly as many as im not as good of a conventional puller.

knotahumanbeing
01-20-16, 12:05 am
Hell yeah man. Excited for you, Ohio boys doing work

Christman
01-20-16, 5:49 am
In for this! You know I'll be there to watch you crush it and cheer you on.

tark
01-20-16, 12:21 pm
Hell yeah man. Excited for you, Ohio boys doing work big things for both of this year man!

In for this! You know I'll be there to watch you crush it and cheer you on. always much appreciated brother! Look forward to seeing you soon

Nmowery
01-21-16, 8:30 pm
Do you know where I can find some info/details on this meet? I dont live too far from eaton, and am doing my first ever meet on 4/9...might be interested in showing up to this as well.

tark
01-21-16, 8:51 pm
Do you know where I can find some info/details on this meet? I dont live too far from eaton, and am doing my first ever meet on 4/9...might be interested in showing up to this as well.

Go either to iron mafias Facebook page or go to southernpowerlifting.com website and look up eaton barbell battle

tark
01-21-16, 8:52 pm

Where you live man?

Nmowery
01-21-16, 9:17 pm
Richmond, in...about 30 min from eaton

Juuuuust far enough that it would be a total hassle to go there regularly to lift, but I did go to the last abc out there and would for sure show up for some meets or other special events

tark
01-21-16, 9:24 pm
Richmond, in...about 30 min from eaton

Juuuuust far enough that it would be a total hassle to go there regularly to lift, but I did go to the last abc out there and would for sure show up for some meets or other special events

That's not that bad! I travel 30 minutes every week 3 times a week to bench squat and pull and I love it there...absolutely worth the drive..we actually have quite a few people that come over from richmond

Nmowery
01-21-16, 9:34 pm
Yea I know of a few people who make the trip down there regularly, but with work and family considerations it's tough sometimes to make it to my gym 4 blocks from my house, lol. I loved the gym and its vibe when I went to the abc, just wish i was a bit closer

tark
01-25-16, 9:18 pm
Friday is the best day of the week and the day I look forward to the most. Squat day! Unfortunately I was sick from Wednesday through Friday so I knew it was going to be a kind of a day that really shows you what youre made of. That couldn't have been more the truth as everything felt like it moved slow as shit and I had a hard time staying tight. Anyway heres what I did

squats- warmups- 135x8, 225x5, 225x3, 315x5, 405x2, working sets- 455x3 sleeves, threw on wraps 525x3, 600x3
reverse hypers- 3 sets of 20 heavy
rack pulls- 315x15x 3 sets
glute bridges- 2 sets of 25
really happy with the 600 for a triple as that is only 10 lbs away from my best triple ever and its only the first week into meet prep so things are looking up
hit our chest day on sunday as well haven't benched in 2 weeks so had to go back down in weight and get the sets in

bench- 275x5 x 5 sets
incline db- 3 sets of 15
face pulls 4 sets of 15
curls- 4 sets of 12
v bar pushdowns- 4 sets of 20
front raises- 2 sets of 15

Blondie Weapon X
01-26-16, 6:59 am
Really looking to put my name on the map this year with the meets im doing. I have HUGE goals set for myself and im not shying away from putting them out there to hold my ass accountable. Look forward to seeing what happens and already have good feelings with where this is all headed.

Subbed in buddy
Let's do this!!
I've been following you for awhile and you've come a long way bc you train like a badass!!

C.Coronato
01-26-16, 8:29 am
Hell yea brotha! I have a BB show that day also, so we are on track, together

Excited for ya. You've been killing it lately.

tark
01-26-16, 8:53 am
Subbed in buddy
Let's do this!!
I've been following you for awhile and you've come a long way bc you train like a badass!!

Thanks dixie! That means a lot and is always appreciated when people notice how hard you train. I've got big things to accomplish this year and I'm going to have to really busy my ass to get there!

tark
01-26-16, 8:54 am
Hell yea brotha! I have a BB show that day also, so we are on track, together

Excited for ya. You've been killing it lately.

Fuck yea man! I'm excited for you as well! I know you are going to put together a killer package when you step on stage! And thank you! I've really been trying ...just gotta put it all out there..every training day is a day closer to meet day so gotta make em count

P Diesel
01-26-16, 9:33 am
uve earned every bit of this respect.

P

tark
01-26-16, 11:41 am
uve earned every bit of this respect.

P

I csnt say enough how much that means homie...hell you are the one to thank because without seeing you pull in the cage years back I wouldn't be here..so for that I'll be forever grateful

tark
01-27-16, 9:00 pm
Started working 10 hour days starting Monday so we will see how that kills my training days...I'm hoping that if I just keep up my eating and all that shit that I should be fine. Had a nice day and hit another nice beltless pr...beltless is definitely going to be the way to go for me

Pulls- 225x5, 315x5 315x5 working sets 405x2, 495x2, 555x3 back down sets 500x2x2 sets
Had a long day at work so left after that and did my accessories Tuesday night

Nix0r
01-27-16, 9:13 pm
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

tark
01-28-16, 6:23 pm
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Haha hope that's a good shiiiiiiiiiit..hope all is well man..you guys coming over for the arnold right?

Nix0r
01-28-16, 7:00 pm
Haha hope that's a good shiiiiiiiiiit..hope all is well man..you guys coming over for the arnold right?

That is a very good shiiiiiiiiiiiit.

And oh yeah, current plans are for (at least) Flower and myself to be invading C-Bus.

Kowboy
01-29-16, 11:17 am
subbed because you are awesome AJ

tark
02-09-16, 9:30 pm
subbed because you are awesome AJ

haha I try!! thanks homie

tark
02-09-16, 9:35 pm
recently switched my training up again as im starting to feel the effects of pulling and squatting heavy every week so from here on out ill be squatting or pulling heavy once a week on Friday. Monday will be whatever I don't do that Friday and will be some kind of "lighter" accessory work.

have a little catching up to do with my training.. last Friday long story short came in to squat...had a guy come down from the lima area to squat with me and we fucked shit up...was only supposed to work up to 660 for single but it moved so well that I said fuck it and jumped 50 lbs and went 710 and still hit it for a 10 lb pr..so squats are still my shit and are feeling good this far out

benched on sunday and had a much better bench day than the previous week. went up to 305 for 4 sets of 2 and the final set was for a triple. this week ill bump the weight up to 310 or 315 and do the same thing again. also did some overload work in the slingshot and hit 325 for 3 345 for 3 and 365 for 3

deanna7272
02-09-16, 11:26 pm
Hey AJ!!
Had to get subbed in here also...

Is Beth doing the meet also? MAB and I were talking today about me making another trip down to cheer ya on!

tark
02-10-16, 11:42 am
Hey AJ!!
Had to get subbed in here also...

Is Beth doing the meet also? MAB and I were talking today about me making another trip down to cheer ya on!

Mama D!! No ma'am she is 2 weeks before me at the women's pro am in cincinnati! Would be good to see you two there though! :)

deanna7272
02-10-16, 4:36 pm
Mama D!! No ma'am she is 2 weeks before me at the women's pro am in cincinnati! Would be good to see you two there though! :)

Oh damn!!! Well, I have no problem with that.... I'm up for 2 trips!!

tark
02-12-16, 12:57 pm
switched my days over to only one heavy day a week and the other being an "accessory" day....so Monday I did some kneeling squats against bands and I also did some pause squats with the ssb... pretty pumped about how tonight is going to go...have to pull 540 for max reps sumo and thinking im going to pull this shit beltless...ill keep you guys posted

tark
02-12-16, 12:58 pm

thst would be awesome D! its always good to see that smiling face of yours!!

tark
03-09-16, 11:00 pm
still been hitting my training hard...down to 8 weeks until my meet which im getting super stoked about...before the weekend I hit my bench on Thursday and worked up to 5 sets of doubles with 330 which is still super gay but at least its progress...after sundays squats in the cage hit some light front squats with the safety squat bar and reverse hypers and did a few more things for hams...Friday ill be pulling heavy so im hoping for big things so I better bring my A game..ill check back in after Friday

C.Coronato
03-10-16, 8:44 am
What are the goal numbers brotha?

tark
03-10-16, 9:37 am
What are the goal numbers brotha?

I'm looking for 750/360/650 that would give me a 130 lb meet pr if if hit that..think it's definitely doable though!

tark
03-13-16, 8:15 pm
soooooo my night on Friday went just how I played it out in my head...had heavy pulls and the next couple trainings sessions im just going to be pushing my limits and really trying to see where im at instead of following my program....had it already set in my mind that 600 for a triple was happening. went in and fixed an issue with my form and it made a night and day difference and really smoothed up my lockout where I normally have trouble.

deads- 225x5, 225x3, 315x3,405x2, 495x1, 540x1, 570x1, 600x3 ( actually 2.5 but fuck it im counting that bitch haha) 620x1(20 lb pr), 650 no go
box squats- 155x2, 245x2, 335x2x 6 sets
lying leg curls- 3 sets of 12
doneeee

today was our heavy bench day same thing trying to find a heavy triple...didn't quite work out that way but still pleased with how things went overall..my bench has always been my weak point and just to see it making progress is a good thing

bench- 135x10, 135x8, 225x3, 225x2, 275x2, 315x1, 335x2 couldn't lock out 3rd rep still a pr though, 345x1, 355x1 (pr) , 365 came off my chest and got stuck about where a 4 board is so im still pleased with that, slingshot- 365x5, 395x2
db bench- 4 sets of 12
db front raises ss with face pulls- 4 sets of 12
pushdowns- 4 sets of 15
jm presses- 4 sets of 8
curls- 3 sets of 10

tark
03-20-16, 10:39 pm
got a little catching up to do on my training from last week..had a fairly good training week and am starting to wind it down some since this Saturday will be 5 weeks out..so on Mondays I will not being doing any pulls or squats on Mondays anymore and strictly going to bodybuild legs till the meet

last Monday hit some deficit pulls...was supposed to go lighter but I obviously don't know what that means and tend to get carried away...hit 405x5, went 455x3, decided to go up again and hit 500 for a double then to 545 for a single and decided to go one more and pulled a huge deficit pr with 570 for a single

Friday had squats...didn't quite go how I had them envisioned but sometimes that's how training goes. started warming up 145x5, 235x5, 325x3, 405x2, 505x1, 585x1, 630x1, then hit my top set of 670 for a double for a 30 or 40 lb pr...went to take 700 for a double pick up just felt off and decided to re rack it and live to fight another day. did some speed pulls after with 275 plus doubled blue bands 10 sets of doubles with 15 seconds of rest in between that shit was killer

had bench today and was going to try and keep it light and work some pauses...bicep was really acting up since I squatted with a straight bar on Friday but sucked it up and rolled with it...135x10, 135x8, 185x5 pauses started here, 225x5, 255x5, 275x3, 295x3, 315x2, 325x2, 275x3 called it because the bicep was killing me ...finished up with my accessory work and called it a day...

not going to be doing much tomorrow except accessory work and then this Friday I have big plans to hit a new pr triple so im going to need to really rest up and bring it come Friday

C.Coronato
03-21-16, 9:07 am
670 for a double

Thats no fucking joke.

tark
03-22-16, 8:22 am
Thats no fucking joke.

It's aight I guess...sucks when you played it out over and over in your head and then could visualize hitting more then what you did it gets kinda frustrating...gotta give a better effort my next squat day

MAB
03-27-16, 8:35 pm

Dee you know you're welcome to crash/ weekend at my place any time. Just lemme know 😆

thst would be awesome D! its always good to see that smiling face of yours!!

I'll be there for both meets... is yours at Eaton or in a hotel somewhere?

tark
03-27-16, 9:31 pm
Dee you know you're welcome to crash/ weekend at my place any time. Just lemme know 

I'll be there for both meets... is yours at Eaton or in a hotel somewhere?
Mine is actually out at the gym

deanna7272
03-27-16, 10:40 pm
Mine is actually out at the gym

And those dates? Yours and Beth's?

I have a bunch coming up, I want to make sure I don't miss them!!

tark
03-28-16, 11:54 am
And those dates? Yours and Beth's?

I have a bunch coming up, I want to make sure I don't miss them!!

April 16th and april 30th :)

deanna7272
03-28-16, 1:10 pm
April 16th and april 30th :)

Yay!!! I have something the 23rd, so we good!!!!

MAB
04-28-16, 10:49 pm
Hope you're holding up! I'm excited to see you lift this weekend! I know Eaton will be crazy! I can't wait! Thinking of Team Tarkany!!!

C.Coronato
05-02-16, 8:54 am
We all have ups and downs brother. Dust yourself off, and keep moving forward. Thats all we know how. You got this brotha.