PDA

View Full Version : Not much going on in here!!!

BigBadWolfe
01-25-16, 9:03 pm
Guys what do we need to do the breath some life into this section of the forum? I understand Animal covers all aspect of the iron game but lets get this section jumping over here.

JHOORNSTRA
01-25-16, 9:29 pm
True

GunRock
01-28-16, 7:07 am
I'd like to get an answer for it obviously but I think it can also lead to a larger discussion about options for drug tested federations since a lot of people are frustrated with the IPF right now.

Nmowery
01-28-16, 8:25 am
Ah man, that cans getting cracked open again, lol

That said...I saw something the other day about a uspa meet coming near me in June which is a qualifier for the drug tested nationals. It seems completely nuts to me that a single federation would have a separate competition for supposed drug-free athletes(since drug tested doesn't always mean drug free), but I also found it fairly patronizing that the qualifying lifts to get into the tested meet are lower than the threshold for non-tested meets.

AJones148
01-28-16, 1:00 pm
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gCTDVHZIIqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If that don't work, cause it'll be my first attempt at embedding:

https://youtu.be/gCTDVHZIIqU

GunRock
01-28-16, 2:22 pm
Ah man, that cans getting cracked open again, lol

That said...I saw something the other day about a uspa meet coming near me in June which is a qualifier for the drug tested nationals. It seems completely nuts to me that a single federation would have a separate competition for supposed drug-free athletes(since drug tested doesn't always mean drug free), but I also found it fairly patronizing that the qualifying lifts to get into the tested meet are lower than the threshold for non-tested meets.

The IPF is what it is. People are going to lift in it or they're not. I'm looking for a good alternative and I just don't want to waste my time if the AAU is not that alternative. Thing is it's hard for me to find anybody who has lifted in there but supposedly their meets are well attended.

Nmowery
01-28-16, 2:49 pm
I honestly can't act like I know anything about them, or really any other federation. I'm just getting into trying to compete, and it seems most meets in my general area are uspa, although I've seen a few spf ones around as well. There's also a smaller/regional federation that I'll be lifting in for my 1st meet in a few months, just to get my feet wet...but prob going with uspa after I get my feet wet.

BigBadWolfe
01-30-16, 8:05 pm
I'm an APF / WPC guy that's pretty much where I hang at. The APF scene in Michigan is awesome, they got a good thing going on up there.