PDA

View Full Version : I got a problem, My back and legs are too strong

EthanBrooks
02-04-16, 8:53 pm
So my back and legs are my best body parts, and by far my strongest. I've gotten to a point where I can max out all leg machines for 30 reps or more, as far as back goes, the cable row only goes up to 250lbs which is fairly light with a 4 cable system, and the dumbbells only go up to 100lbs. This forces me to do 10+ sets of squats or barbell rows before I move on to anything else which restricts my routine. Any advice on making the weights "heavier" would be appreciated.

Buckfever
02-04-16, 9:53 pm
So my back and legs are my best body parts, and by far my strongest. I've gotten to a point where I can max out all leg machines for 30 reps or more, as far as back goes, the cable row only goes up to 250lbs which is fairly light with a 4 cable system, and the dumbbells only go up to 100lbs. This forces me to do 10+ sets of squats or barbell rows before I move on to anything else which restricts my routine. Any advice on making the weights "heavier" would be appreciated.

I don't really understand. If you have free weights go heavy squats and heavy rows with the barbell.

BigChrisF
02-05-16, 2:08 am
Well, there is no such thing as having too strong of a back or legs, so we can eliminate that as a problem. I'm going to assume that the real problem is that you do not have enough free weights to use.

Here is a bit of a reverse of what I used to do in college. Tie or duct tape the 100 lb dumbells to the inside of the barbell. It is now around 200 lbs heavier.

C.Coronato
02-05-16, 9:27 am
Yea id say move to more free weights. Heavy Squats and Deads will certainly continue to help you grow and get better brother.

P Diesel
02-05-16, 9:54 am
free weights have no limit, stop using machines

P

deanna7272
02-05-16, 10:20 am
Yea id say move to more free weights. Heavy Squats and Deads will certainly continue to help you grow and get better brother.

P

Agreed...

You will see that you will engage MORE muscle groups by forcing the use of stabilizing muscles (i.e. your core)...

rainman
02-06-16, 7:13 am
Agreed with everyone above. Your legs and back aren't too strong. Your gym is too weak.

Find a better gym with lots of plates, barbells and heavier DBs, swallow your pride and become the small fish in the pond. That is what I did and I've never looked back.

KettleBellFreak
02-11-16, 10:45 am

P

Church.