PDA

View Full Version : Squat shorts

physlift314
02-10-16, 5:49 pm
I'm not gonna lie. I prefer to squat and deadlift in short-ass-shorts. I have a pair I use from high school that end just above mid thigh. I'd like to get a few extra pairs so I'm not stainkin' in the gym but I have no idea which store sells booty shorts for dudes. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations?

Enforcer
02-10-16, 6:42 pm
Booty shorts for dudes? Is there such a thing?

Buckfever
02-10-16, 7:46 pm

I think he means regular shorts not the long one's that are popular today. Underarmour has them I think you can get them at Dicks.

Firefist
02-10-16, 9:20 pm
I wear running shorts. Stretchy, shorter, lightweight. Good stuff.

BigChrisF
02-10-16, 10:10 pm
*Well, let's just see whats in the training forum today...*

"I need booty shorts for dudes."

https://media.giphy.com/media/7Po2eiXWbzmiQ/giphy.gif

Buckfever
02-10-16, 11:29 pm
*Well, let's just see whats in the training forum today...*

"I need booty shorts for dudes."

https://media.giphy.com/media/7Po2eiXWbzmiQ/giphy.gif

LMAO

C.Coronato
02-11-16, 8:19 am

I fucking hope not

bigdog
02-11-16, 10:37 am
I'm not gonna lie. I prefer to squat and deadlift in short-ass-shorts. I have a pair I use from high school that end just above mid thigh. I'd like to get a few extra pairs so I'm not stainkin' in the gym but I have no idea which store sells booty shorts for dudes. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations?
go here and put in your high school name and order what you are currently have!
http://www.prepsportswear.com/?pkw=true&utm_source=microsoft+adcenter&utm_campaign=top+keywords+school&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=151345523&utm_term=high%20school%20apparel

physlift314
02-11-16, 12:27 pm
Hahaha, I just looked up booty shorts and that would be horrendous to see in the gym! Just a bunch of dude ass hangin' out. You could literally get your ass to the grass. At the very least, you could go ass to calves.

My fault, fellas. Apologies for putting that imagery in everyone's head.

I was referring to regular shorts that hit about mid-thigh. I presume that is what Dan Green is wearing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia2PVNj_9iE although it looks like he's in boxers or something during the deadlifts.

rainman
02-12-16, 1:21 pm
I've just bought 5 pairs of shorts from my local supermarket dirt cheap in the sales. Kind of no frills, black, 85% cotton/15% polyester things with a drawstring waist and pockets deep enough for a wallet etc. when travelling to the gym. They only had them in large, so are a bit small, but are pretty much perfect for squats. I'm getting them taken up an inch so they don't touch my knee sleeves, but not so much that my junk falls out.

I think the secret is buy cheap, as they'll rip in the crotch eventually anyway, and spend your money on Iconic shirts.

P Diesel
02-22-16, 10:55 pm
Wow. Is this an actual thread asking for booty short help? What u wear won't make u or break u. Just squat brah.

P

Aggression
02-23-16, 10:07 am
Wow. Is this an actual thread asking for booty short help? What u wear won't make u or break u. Just squat brah.

P

Whatever happened to just going to the gym and training hard? I wear regular shorts. And if need be, I just flip the waistband down/over once. Boom. Now the shorts are an inch shorter. Fucking Christ.

J-Dawg
02-23-16, 10:12 am
What I'm hearing is that we need to bring back our Animal shorts. I still have a bunch of pairs. They were great because they were shorter than typical basketball shorts. I'm not a fan of long shorts (shitty calves) so I get where you're coming from. We need not be afraid of actually seeing our quads when training legs, haha.

We all have different tastes so rock what you feel best suits you. Calling 'em booty shorts might be too much though, lol.

Buckfever
02-23-16, 10:16 am
Whatever happened to just going to the gym and training hard? I wear regular shorts. And if need be, I just flip the waistband down/over once. Boom. Now the shorts are an inch shorter. Fucking Christ.

I'm not so sure. I think there's an opening here, Animal inspired iconic Squat shorts, probably sell out in half an hour.

Who wears short shorts, na, na, na, na.....

GunRock
02-23-16, 5:28 pm
Everything about this thread makes me lose faith in my fellow man.

BOSS
02-25-16, 12:06 pm
Or just compression shorts or a lifting singlet... Feels much better for me

jrh0341
02-25-16, 1:19 pm
yeah sounds like you just need running shorts.

If you truly DGAF about getting weird looks in the gym (or have quads so big no one will dare talk sh**) then look at "soffee" brand running shorts.

The synthetic material ones are horrendously short, but they are actually damn good running shorts.

They're a running joke in the military because the Marine Corps actually issued us these as running shorts.

The good: Light, comfy, sweat wicking.

The back: So so so very short. There's a reason the Marine Corps calls them "catch-me-F*-Me's" and the Army calls them "Ranger Panties".

Still, they might work. Basically, they're the same thing a marathoner would wear. You can find them for maybe 10$ a piece online.

http://gizmodo.com/the-militarys-ranger-panties-are-my-new-favorite-clothe-1713139017

MikeHerman
02-25-16, 1:52 pm
Silkies/Ranger panties are all I wear in the gym. I think it might be a military thing, as stated above, but I love them. I don't think it adds or subtracts to my training, necessarily, but I have always hated shorts below my knees, and even roll up my khaki shorts to 3" or so above the knee. If Animal came out with a pair, I'd buy them right away.

For reference, I know American Barbell Club has some in various colors:
http://www.americanbarbell.club/store/squat-shorts

And the manufacturer Soffe makes them in all colors as well. I currently have 3 pairs of basic Soffes in black, and a pair that a buddy of mine (former infantryman) designed for a small run that are also black with a logo on the leg. They're cheap as hell, and I love the way they feel.

physlift314
02-25-16, 2:50 pm
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

I'm certainly not suggesting that what you wear will make or break you. Hell, I wear old sweat pants often during my workouts... sometimes even a sweat shirt. I've squatted in my old rugby shorts too, and I can say that those definitely suck for squat depth. The question was just something that randomly came across my mind one day and I figured I'd open it up to the community. It's interesting to see such varied responses!

J-Dawg: I think that would be great! I'd totally pick up a few pairs if they get released again! And I agree, booty shorts was the entirely the wrong word to use. My fault everyone, haha.

Buckfever: I completely agree. Like I said, I'd pick up a few pairs in a heartbeat if Animal released them!

BOSS: I was wondering if you were training in compression shorts/singlet. That was going to be another route I took as well. It looks like Malanichev trains in a singlet too.

Again, I want to reiterate that I totally agree with P Diesel that shorts ain't gonna make or break you. I think we are all in agreement here about everything... except the booty shorts thing *smacks head*.

_bill
02-25-16, 4:02 pm
Or just compression shorts or a lifting singlet... Feels much better for me

Dan's got the right idea. Compression shorts and pants are G.O.A.T. to squat and deadlift in. I think rugby shorts sound comfortable too.

KettleBellFreak
02-26-16, 11:09 pm
just listen to the Boss

GunRock
02-28-16, 8:27 am
yeah sounds like you just need running shorts.

If you truly DGAF about getting weird looks in the gym (or have quads so big no one will dare talk sh**) then look at "soffee" brand running shorts.

The synthetic material ones are horrendously short, but they are actually damn good running shorts.

They're a running joke in the military because the Marine Corps actually issued us these as running shorts.

The good: Light, comfy, sweat wicking.

The back: So so so very short. There's a reason the Marine Corps calls them "catch-me-F*-Me's" and the Army calls them "Ranger Panties".

Still, they might work. Basically, they're the same thing a marathoner would wear. You can find them for maybe 10$ a piece online.

http://gizmodo.com/the-militarys-ranger-panties-are-my-new-favorite-clothe-1713139017

Devil dog I've been trying to erase that from my memory and you went and brought it up! Lol!

AlphaLifterJeffDowns
02-28-16, 1:37 pm
I wear either a singlet,tights, or these shorter Outdoor Research shorts that flex and have a lil zipper in the side that fits my phone perfect so I can still jam out when I have to use headphones

BOSS
03-02-16, 2:46 pm
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

I'm certainly not suggesting that what you wear will make or break you. Hell, I wear old sweat pants often during my workouts... sometimes even a sweat shirt. I've squatted in my old rugby shorts too, and I can say that those definitely suck for squat depth. The question was just something that randomly came across my mind one day and I figured I'd open it up to the community. It's interesting to see such varied responses!

J-Dawg: I think that would be great! I'd totally pick up a few pairs if they get released again! And I agree, booty shorts was the entirely the wrong word to use. My fault everyone, haha.

Buckfever: I completely agree. Like I said, I'd pick up a few pairs in a heartbeat if Animal released them!

BOSS: I was wondering if you were training in compression shorts/singlet. That was going to be another route I took as well. It looks like Malanichev trains in a singlet too.

Again, I want to reiterate that I totally agree with P Diesel that shorts ain't gonna make or break you. I think we are all in agreement here about everything... except the booty shorts thing *smacks head*.

yeah booty shorts... hmmm at least he didn't say hot pants

physlift314
03-03-16, 1:20 pm
yeah booty shorts... hmmm at least he didn't say hot pants

I think if I had said "hot booty short pants" I would've been banned from the forum and water boarded.

sixfourtwotwenty
03-04-16, 12:40 am

P

No shit lol

Buckfever
03-09-16, 10:14 am
This is probably what you're looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KXIN02O?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

These are great for Squatting too they're cheap and they last:

http://www.target.com/p/c9-champion-men-s-5-running-short/-/A-14475988#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=c9+running+shorts

Buckfever
03-09-16, 11:13 am
This is probably what you're looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KXIN02O?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

These are great for Squatting too they're cheap and they last:

http://www.target.com/p/c9-champion-men-s-5-running-short/-/A-14475988#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=c9+running+shorts

Actually I think the C9 ones that I have are a 7" inseam. Not sure the ones I have are like 10 years old.

Rex
03-13-16, 11:35 am

Buy regular ones and cut them even shorter