PDA

View Full Version : Obsession

AlphaLifterJeffDowns
02-28-16, 1:34 pm
Is it wrong to be OBSESSED with the sport of powerlifting? I find myself questioning this from time to time, I think about it from the time I wake up, to the time I go to sleep. and I try to have conversations that don't involve it, but somehow training always creeps in there every other subject. my wife gets annoyed with it. she is into lifting, but its my passion. always thinking of how to better my total. looking up ELITE FTS videos and reading about conjugate. articles after articles. and I'm never satisfied, I continuously want more

Rex
03-01-16, 10:44 am
Is it wrong to be OBSESSED with the sport of powerlifting? I find myself questioning this from time to time, I think about it from the time I wake up, to the time I go to sleep. and I try to have conversations that don't involve it, but somehow training always creeps in there every other subject. my wife gets annoyed with it. she is into lifting, but its my passion. always thinking of how to better my total. looking up ELITE FTS videos and reading about conjugate. articles after articles. and I'm never satisfied, I continuously want more

There is nothing wrong with having a passion. If powerlifting is positively affecting your quality of life, keep doing it.

Orthodox
03-04-16, 3:42 am
"Obsession is more than a fucking word... I don't care whether its flipping pancakes, cutting the lawn or taking out the dame trash, you've got to be obsessed with it! With out obsession your ass will never be great! Its impossible.. Ask any fucking champion, you think that shit, sleep that shit, dream that shit, hell you can even smell that shit. Obsession is dense, its in the air.. Obsession is the key!"

CT Fletcher

br1ck
03-28-16, 10:29 pm

I feel the same way man, each and every time I hit a new max on one of the big 3 I tell myself, whats next? what else can help? I think about the potential stored inside and cant fucking wait to let that shit out.

J Wong
03-29-16, 12:33 am
I don't think it's "normal"... but which powerlifter is normal?

Rex
05-22-16, 10:23 am

Same goes for bodybuilders.

tzone
05-24-16, 11:58 am
Some people might think that weight training is an obsession. I think it's a cool pursuit, no less a madness than a golfer working towards a score of 70. Plus, you'll look and feel better than the golfer.

C.Coronato
05-24-16, 3:15 pm

You're not normal ???

npcdusty
05-24-16, 4:01 pm
what is normal? Normal is the things you love and passion for but its only normal to those that aspire in those things as well. I never feel truly normal unless im around my gym mates or at an event that deals with bodybuilding or powerlifting. However some days I push myself to the point of breaking and think what in the hell am I doing, then go eat sleep and do it all over again. That's normal to me, running 10 damn miles for no reason, not normal...lol