PDA

View Full Version : I will train until my Idols become my rivals...

justh8me
03-10-16, 4:27 pm
What's up all, I finally said to heck with it, I am going to post up my training here for everyone to shoot holes in, or for no one to even read at all, haha.
Either way it will keep me motivated to track everything and push until I accomplish everything I have set out to accomplish.

A bit about me:
I am 38, 5'11" 205-212lb's normal walking around weight.
I can cut pretty easily to get to 198ish, it is a bit harder for me to gain a chunk of weight, not that I cant do it with more food intake, just have to work at it.
My diet is pretty much all over the place right now. I try to keep my carbs to a minimum, in doing so I obviously eat more protein (chicken, steak, fish, etc.) Only have 1 protein shake a day, and that is right after my workouts.
I have been lifting for 5 years or so, but only started trying to power-lift for about a year now. Prior to that Squat and Deadlifts were pretty much non existent in my workouts.

Typical day of food intake for me would be:
Breakfast V8 hot and spicy, 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, and 5 strips of turkey bacon around 7:30am.
Gym usually by 11:00am, 1 scoop of protein immediately after and then within the hour a sweet potato and some type of protein.
Then dinner around 5:30ish of something like BLT's with deli turkey wrapped in lettuce, or whatever else the wifey is cooking up. And then maybe a snack of some type between then and bed, tuna, eggs, cheese cubes, etc. And that pretty much does it for my intake. Well besides the occasional Crazy eating fest with the family. Like my wife's homemade lasagna, or some random awesome restaurant that I decide is good enough for me to eat whatever.

Supplements usually go like this:
Morning AnimalPak and Flex, fishoil, and then my DR. prescribed meds.
20 minutes prior to lifting I take a pre-workout (might cut this out/down soon as I have been getting way to winded during dead's and squats depending on the pre I take), BCAA's, Glutamine, Creatine HCl. Every once in awhile I throw something else in to try out for a month or so, but for the most part this is my norm. Then the protein post workout.
Lastly in the evenings I take ZMA about an hour before bed.

My immediate goals:
I would really like to compete in a power-lifting meet. I wanted to shoot for one that is close to me in September of this year (2016) but had a couple of setbacks with injuries, so not 100% on that yet. And then just see where it goes from there.

My overall goals: would be competing at the highest level and maybe even lifting in the cage as an Animal athlete!

My current lifting cycle:
Up until this week I was running a 5x5 but this week I started a variation of Cube training.

My current 1RM's:
Bench: 295lb (paused) Had worked up to 335 touch and go, but have some shoulder issues, and have had to work it back up.
Squat: 465lb
Deadlift: 475lb
Total: 1,235lb (yeah, I have some work to do) Right now I am pushing my new training and will recheck 1RM's in 6-8 weeks.

So that is about it, I am ready to lift and learn.

C.Coronato
03-16-16, 2:34 pm
Hell ya man, welcome!