PDA

View Full Version : Speakers for Carport Gym

AJones148
03-25-16, 2:50 pm
So idk if I'm getting old or my phone just sucks or something cause I swear this damn phone's music is getting lower and lower every time I lift. I need some kind of speaker(s) or thing I can plug my phone into that will play my music LOUD and not sound like shit. Pls reccomend me something. I know some of yall lift at home and I was just wondering what yall use. Something less than $200 is optimal, but if I can't get anything that's not garbage for that cheap, I guess I can go a little higher. Idk if that price is even realistic, since I've never really shopped for something like this. A friend reccomended me this:

http://www.amazon.com/Royche-Matallic-Soundbar-Speaker-Chipset/dp/B00V2PBRRC/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1458930281&sr=8-13&keywords=bluetooth%20sound%20bar

but Idk how good something thats that cheap would be.

Thanks in advance!

Aggression
04-01-16, 9:28 am
I don't have much experience with any of that stuff. But at The U HQ gym, we used to use that Iphone Block Rocker or whatever it was called. That lit up the gym pretty damn well. And I have one at home that I use for outdoor BBQs. Works really well but we're talking about a device that is 4-5 years old at this point. I'm sure that is something better/cheaper at this point.

Reko
04-11-16, 9:33 pm
honestly if you are just wanting louder music (vs a crystal clear sound) go buy a used pair of computer speakers and just plug them into the headphone jack on your phone. shouldn't run you more than 10-20 bucks and if you look on craigslist or ask around you can probably find some for free. I assume you have an electrical outlet in there somewhere.

if not another option is do just drop it, speaker side down, into a coffee cup. acts as a mini amplifier although you do lose sound quality.

AJones148
04-17-16, 4:06 pm
Ended up gettin this big ass 2500 watt PA system Nyne Bluetooth speaker. Has a stand and a mic I'll probably never use. It was on sale and after lookin around I thought it was pretty loud and clear enough for the price. I also liked a Bose but the only one loud enough was $500, which was way too much. Got my speaker for a little less than half of that. I'll try to include the speaker in my next CPG vid so yall can see it.