PDA

View Full Version : Only we truly know

Bean
04-04-16, 11:37 am
They see us.... sweating, bleeding, pushing weight as eyes gaze in our direction. They see us putting in the work and continuing to push ourselves to be better than we were the day before. But what they don't see is the calculations we are making as we stand at the meat counter and in the aisles of the store. The endless bathroom breaks in the middle of the night only to followed by some more water or supplements before crawling back into the comforts of bed but then to be woke again by a sore shoulder that is screaming for the arm to be placed in a different position. They don't see the pak after pak, meal after meal, or shake after shake that gets put down daily. They may think they see us and know the secret to our success... but only we truly know what it takes to be an Animal.

EthanBrooks
04-04-16, 3:16 pm
Very true. Most people see success but they never see the hours of work that made the success.

Animal Rep
04-04-16, 3:24 pm
Very well worded brother!

intoodeep25
04-06-16, 12:44 am
I think thats one of the more beautiful things about what we do. Not everybody has what it takes to set a lofty goal and slowly chip away towards reaching it day after day. You have to truly love what it is that you do to put in the effort that is needed. People ask me all the time how ive gone from 150lbs 10 years ago to a current 280lbs. They ask how ive taken my bench from a pathetic 95lbs to over 460lbs or my deadlift from 225 to 700. I identified my goal 10 years ago and I havent stopped scratching and clawing my way towards it since. Most people dont want to believe that that alone is the secret because it would make them feel bad about themselves, that they dont possess the drive that it takes to self motivate yourself daily to make good decisions and work hard for what you want. They will claim "its gotta be steroids" because their weak minds cant wrap their heads around the idea of a guy obtaining something that they cant. I feel like most people know what it takes but the lie to themselves to make themselves feel better. At the end of the day you cant worry yourself with any of those opinions though, itll drive you crazy, pull that hat lid down and grind.

Bean
04-07-16, 1:10 pm
Just speaking what I feel and see... keep on pushing

Jay
04-07-16, 3:24 pm
I think thats one of the more beautiful things about what we do. Not everybody has what it takes to set a lofty goal and slowly chip away towards reaching it day after day. You have to truly love what it is that you do to put in the effort that is needed. People ask me all the time how ive gone from 150lbs 10 years ago to a current 280lbs. They ask how ive taken my bench from a pathetic 95lbs to over 460lbs or my deadlift from 225 to 700. I identified my goal 10 years ago and I havent stopped scratching and clawing my way towards it since. Most people dont want to believe that that alone is the secret because it would make them feel bad about themselves, that they dont possess the drive that it takes to self motivate yourself daily to make good decisions and work hard for what you want. They will claim "its gotta be steroids" because their weak minds cant wrap their heads around the idea of a guy obtaining something that they cant. I feel like most people know what it takes but the lie to themselves to make themselves feel better. At the end of the day you cant worry yourself with any of those opinions though, itll drive you crazy, pull that hat lid down and grind.

Awesome dude. You made some very impressive progress there.

IRN-NML
06-16-16, 10:46 am
pull that hat lid down and grind.

I like that. And, for intoodeep25, don't think another 10, 20, 30+++ years of pulling that hat and grinding is insurmountable. You can grow with the iron; but don't have to grow out of the iron.

Sprint
06-16-16, 5:02 pm
This post just sums it up perfectly.

spartan300
06-16-16, 7:34 pm
The only thing i enjoyed more than a grueling session with the iron was the trip to the Ponderosa steak house after. That nice big sirloin, a baked and yes, a salad! People would stare at us, wondering what the hell we were. The guesses were anything from the most common, what football team do you play for? To, are you guys a circus act? We mainly fucked with people because they were so rude and insensitve. Big bodies were frowned upon back then we were freaks we were not accepted very well by the general public. Some asshole would make a silly remark like i heard all you muscle ***s have little dicks and we'd wind up pounding the fucker. Yeah it was like that. You guys got it pretty easy if you ask me.

Appleton.Cory
06-17-16, 10:29 am
Everyone wants the results, no one wants to work for them.

I hear the same thing from so many people: "I need to start working out, I just don't have time." That's Bull.. we all have the same 24 hrs.

If I can make 2 workouts a day, with 6 kids and a full time job, you have time for your 7 minute abs.

BCent
06-17-16, 10:54 am
Respect!

spartan300
06-18-16, 6:17 pm
Everyone wants the results, no one wants to work for them.

I hear the same thing from so many people: "I need to start working out, I just don't have time." That's Bull.. we all have the same 24 hrs.

If I can make 2 workouts a day, with 6 kids and a full time job, you have time for your 7 minute abs.

6 kids! how do you have time to breathe!

Appleton.Cory
06-19-16, 8:13 am
6 kids! how do you have time to breathe!

Balance, brother. All about, balance.

JRNY2FIT
06-19-16, 11:51 am
What a great way to sum up this life. When you get into it, or when you get back into it the only way is to give it your all. If you half ass it, you will never see any progress and it will show in you physique. Great post my man!

Rex
06-20-16, 10:22 am
They see us.... sweating, bleeding, pushing weight as eyes gaze in our direction. They see us putting in the work and continuing to push ourselves to be better than we were the day before. But what they don't see is the calculations we are making as we stand at the meat counter and in the aisles of the store. The endless bathroom breaks in the middle of the night only to followed by some more water or supplements before crawling back into the comforts of bed but then to be woke again by a sore shoulder that is screaming for the arm to be placed in a different position. They don't see the pak after pak, meal after meal, or shake after shake that gets put down daily. They may think they see us and know the secret to our success... but only we truly know what it takes to be an Animal.

This is great. Really hits home

Rex
06-20-16, 10:22 am
Balance, brother. All about, balance.

You have to have an awesome wife, Dude.

Appleton.Cory
06-20-16, 10:24 am
You have to have an awesome wife, Dude.

I do! She does the 2nd workout with me every day. The more kids you have, the easier it gets. Seriously. The older ones help out a lot when it comes to giving us a chance to workout together.

spartan300
06-20-16, 1:38 pm
I do! She does the 2nd workout with me every day. The more kids you have, the easier it gets. Seriously. The older ones help out a lot when it comes to giving us a chance to workout together.

We had one son and that was plenty. My bodybuilding career was put on hiatus shortly after he arrived. Mind you I had just competed at the Npc nationals and did reasonably well considering no drugs were involved I held my own, but I shelved that so I could totally committ to help raising our son. I felt that my contest prep would take too much time away and I decided I didn't want my wife or my in-laws shouldering the entire responsibility. It was a no brainer. Bodybuilding was my passion, but my family is my LIFE! I never really returned to competitive bodybuilding I did manage to coach my son through his formative years. Up until high school.I believe it made a tremendous difference. But we Spartans instill that in our children at a very young age. We talk about respect and honor and it sounds cool to say it but when you actually raise your children by it it takes on an entirely different meaning.

Appleton.Cory
06-20-16, 1:43 pm
We had one son and that was plenty. My bodybuilding career was put on hiatus shortly after he arrived. Mind you I had just competed at the Npc nationals and did reasonably well considering no drugs were involved I held my own, but I shelved that so I could totally committ to help raising our son. I felt that my contest prep would take too much time away and I decided I didn't want my wife or my in-laws shouldering the entire responsibility. It was a no brainer. Bodybuilding was my passion, but my family is my LIFE! I never really returned to competitive bodybuilding I did manage to coach my son through his formative years. Up until high school.I believe it made a tremendous difference. But we Spartans instill that in our children at a very young age. We talk about respect and honor and it sounds cool to say it but when you actually raise your children by it it takes on an entirely different meaning.

Yes! 4 of the 6 completed their first Spartan race this weekend in Dallas. That's the main reason I train now. Spartan racing is my passion and I'm glad I get to share it with my family.

Bean
06-20-16, 2:29 pm
Yes! 4 of the 6 completed their first Spartan race this weekend in Dallas. That's the main reason I train now. Spartan racing is my passion and I'm glad I get to share it with my family.

That's sweet...I can feel the pride and love you have for your family through your posts. Much respect