PDA

View Full Version : Muncey's Road to 230lbs

SMuncey
04-22-16, 8:36 am
What's up guys... This will be my journey to 230lbs, currently I am 5'6" at 199lbs at 23 years old. I have been training consistently after graduating high school so almost for 5 years now. I graduated high school at 145lbs soaking wet.
This log will follow my nutrition, supplementation and my training. Right now I have some bumps in the road, but you can never let that stop you or else no one would be where they are striving to be. I will be starting this journey with a pretty decent supplement stack. I will be taking Animal Pak, Flex, Omega, Juiced Aminos, Animal Whey, Rage XL along with Universal Torrent, Real Gains and Creatine. I wanna hit my goal weight by the end of this year, which to me is definitely possible. Follow along with my journey so we can motivate eachother! Tonight will be legs (my favorite and least favorite day).

tzone
04-22-16, 11:40 am
Count me in!

SMuncey
04-25-16, 10:00 am
Saturday was leg day, was going to go friday night after work but ran into a family emergency with my wife. Saturday I ate 1/4th cup cream of rice, 1.5 scoops of Animal Whey and 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter. I put on some gangsta rap and handle business. Started leg training off with 3 sets of legs extensions to warm up and get my knee fully warm. Next headed over to the squat rack, did 6 sets leading up to 405 for 6 then dropped it to 225 for 6, by the end of the 6th rep my right quad was shaking uncontrollably. Next was hack squats for 4 sets. Walked back to the other side of the gym and did standing hamstring curls, this absolutely killed my hamstrings but it felt so good. I did 5 sets of walking lunges with 45lb dumbbells then a couple sets of standing calve raises and called it a day. Throughout the workout, I sip 4 scoops of orange gatorade powder and 2 scoops orange Juiced Aminos with 5g of Universal Creatine. I keep another shaker with just gatorade powder at the gym because my wife is type 1 diabetic and sometimes her blood sugar drops while training. I got home and took 3 scoops of Universal Torrent and ate a meal containing 6oz of ground chicken and 2 cups of white rice about an hour and a half after the Torrent. A few hours later I took my wife to a nice Italian restaurant and went out to see a movie. After the movie I drank a shake of Universal Real Gains and called it a night.

SMuncey
04-25-16, 10:16 am
Sunday was back day, my absolute favorite body part to train. The pump you get in your back is an outstanding feeling of accomplishment. First exercise was 3 sets of pull ups to warm up and get my mind right. I then did 5 sets of pull downs super set with straight arm pull downs. I did 4 sets of t bar rows that are chest supported, crazy pump. Next was 4 sets of hammer strength one arm rows and each set the weight goes up. Next was the V-Bar pulldowns for 4 sets focusing on the stretch and the contraction. Dumbbell rows was up next for 3 sets, unfortunately the gym I went to only goes up to 120 pound dumbbells so I put a 20 pound dumbbell over it to increase the weight. Rack pulls was next for 4 sets and these killed, I was burned out but when you have a goal in mind you do not stop. Last was cable rows focusing on the stretch of the lats and contraction, slow and controlled. Yesterday was basically a cheat day, ate whenever I wanted and whatever I wanted, intra workout was the same 4 scoops of gatorade powder along with 2 scoops Juiced Aminos and 5g Universal Creatine.

tzone
04-25-16, 9:28 pm
You're going to get big, brother. Great journal!

SMuncey
04-26-16, 8:38 am
You're going to get big, brother. Great journal!

Thank you brother, we'll be following each others journey!

SMuncey
04-26-16, 9:11 am
Yesterday was shoulders on my lunch break. I started out with 4 sets of side lateral raises working up to 40lb dumbbells for 7 reps, strength was not there this day. I then did 3 sets of seated military press on a Legend plate loaded machine ending off with 3 plates on each side, my elbow has been giving me a lot of pain lately with all pressing movements. I need to invest in some elbow sleeves and try to stay away from presses, it is odd though because hammer strength has not been irritating it. Then it was off to reverse pec deck for rear delts, I did 4 sets of this and got a great pump. I then did 3 sets of upright rows super set with dumbbell front raises. I put the incline bench up to about 30 degrees and did rear lateral raises slow and controlled. To finish off I did lateral raises with dumbbells one arm at a time ending off with 30lbs. Monday's are a hit or miss, I can feel great or just lethargic and yesterday was a lethargic day but still got it done. I can't complain being that my carbs are pretty high right now in the diet. Just gotta keep my mind straight and keep moving forward.

SMuncey
04-27-16, 8:31 am
Tuesday was arm day here at the U HQ during lunch. I slammed down 2 scoops of Lemon Slayed Rage and went to work. My elbow is very tender at the moment so I had to do a lot of warm ups with light weight for triceps.

Arms:
Rope Pushdown 5 sets
Bicep Dumbbell Curls 4 sets
Dumbbell Skull Crusher 4 sets
Hammer Curls 4 sets
Overhead Flat Bar Extension 4 sets
Preacher Curls 3 sets
V Bar Tricep Pushdown 4 sets

I am trying to avoid anything that destroys my elbow like close grip bench and heavy skull crushers. The elbow problem is definitely frustrating because it prevents me from doing some of my major lifts, even 185 on incline leaves me in a crazy amount of pain but hammer strength incline doesn't so that is the rough part. Post workout was 3 scoops of Animal Mass which has been amazing, it truly digests so easily.

tzone
04-27-16, 9:00 am
Do you take fish oil at all? I was getting elbow pain in the left arm, and I noticed that once I began taking fish oil it cleared it up.

C.Coronato
04-27-16, 9:13 am
Hows the diet brotha?

SMuncey
04-27-16, 9:20 am
Hows the diet brotha?

The diet is going good brother, my appetite is the hardest part but going well.
Meal 1: 2 cups of egg whites and 3 slices ezekial toast
Meal 2: 7oz of chicken and 1.5 cups of rice w/ 1 cup Brocolli
Meal 3: 3 scoops Animal Mass or Real Gains
Meal 4: 7oz ground turkey 1.5 cups of rice
Meal 5: 7oz chicken and 10oz of red potato
Meal 6: 3 scoops of Real Gains and 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter

SMuncey
04-27-16, 9:21 am
Do you take fish oil at all? I was getting elbow pain in the left arm, and I noticed that once I began taking fish oil it cleared it up.

I do, I am going to up the dose from 3 softgels to 5 to see if that helps with the inflammation.

SMuncey
04-28-16, 9:23 am
Wednesday was my second back day of the week, I try to hit back twice a week due to it be a lagging body part. Felt pretty good this day and moved at a fast pace. Slammed down some Animal Rage Lemon and went to work. Intra was 3 scoops of orange gatorade, 2 scoops of orange Juiced Aminos and 5g of Creatine.

Back Day
Wide Pulldowns: 5 sets
Bent Over Barbell Rows: 4 sets
Cable Rows: 4 sets
John Meadows Rows: 3 sets
V Bar Pulldowns: 4 sets

Diet- Meal One: 2 cups of eggs whites and 3 slices cinnamon raisin ezekial toast
Meal 2: Homemade Chicken Ceasar Wrap
Meal 3: 3 scoops of Animal Mass
Meal 4: 6oz Chicken Breast, 1.5 cups of white rice and 1 cup of brocolli
Meal 5: Two Turkey Burgers on potato buns
Meal 6: 2 scoops of chocolate Animal Whey

It was a productive day at work, training and when I got home I wanted the wife to relax so I cleaned up the apartment and for some reason I love doing dishes. So at my household I do the dishes, it is very soothing to me. Maybe it was because both of my parents are military and growing up my brother and I always did the dishes and cleaned. We weren't one of those kids who had allowances, nah we just had to work cause it was expected of us.

SMuncey
04-29-16, 10:08 am
Thursday was a very tiring day. The rain made my 50 mile commute turn into a 2 hour commute after work, I planned on going to the gym after work to hit chest and delts and had a damn good workout. My appetite turned to shit this day though, I was literally forcing my meals down with gulps of water, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Slammed one scoop of Animal Rage Mango at 7pm then drove to Retro Fitness.

Chest and Delts:
Cable Flies- 4 sets (really helps get that mind to muscle connection)
Incline Hammer Strength Press- 4 sets
Dumbbell Side Laterals- 4 sets
Flat Hammer Strength Press- 4 sets
Hammer Strength Shoulder Press- 4 sets
Incline Smith Press- 4 sets
Rear Lateral Raises- 3 sets

I had a crazy pump, moved fast and got in and out. I still needed to get two meals in before I went to sleep. I joke around because I feel old going to bed so early now at 23 years old. But I have to be up at 5:30am to get ready for work and get my meals together in the morning and beat all the crazy traffic. I usually show up an hour early before work starts, but I'd rather be early than late for work.

Diet:
Meal 1- 2 cups of egg whites and 3 slices ezekial bread raisin cinnamon
Meal 2- 8oz 99% lean ground turkey and 1.5 cups of white rice
Meal 3: 3 Scoops Animal Mass Cookies and Cream
Meal 4: 6oz ground turkey chili and 10oz sweet potato wedges
Meal 5: 3 Scoops Universal Real Gains and a bowl of Rice Crispies
Meal 6: 2 scoops Animal Whey Chocolate and 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter

SMuncey
04-29-16, 10:11 am
I've been sticking to hammer strength for presses due to my elbow pain, it does not seem to hurt as much as with a barbell or dumbbells. I was looking into purchasing the Iron Rebel Elbow Sleeves after seeing Matt Jansen giving it a good review after I pay rent, haha hopefully that will do some good.

tzone
04-29-16, 3:34 pm
Hammer Strength presses are a very good chest exercise.

SMuncey
05-02-16, 10:27 am
Due to working at the Mid-Atlantic bodybuilding show this weekend, I took the weekend off of training and the diet. I pretty much ate whatever I wanted when I wanted and took it easy. I went to the 104.5 Block Party in Philly on Sunday with my wife and friends and had a blast. I'm the only one in our group that doesn't drink, so they were happy they always have a DD around. Had a blast this weekend, but back to the grind this week with training and the diet. Weighed in this morning at 204 so not bad. Some of it could be water from the weekend from eating foods I would not normally eat, but since I'm not competing in the near future I'm not worried about it one bit.

SMuncey
05-03-16, 9:04 am
Yesterday was back to business with delts. Whenever I can get a good pump in my delts, I feel like it will be a great workout. On my lunch break, I didn't have any water with me so I took one scoop of Rage XL Lemon straight to the dome and chewed it, it wasn't that bad. Intra workout was 3 scoops of Universal Torrent, waiting on my Juiced Aminos to come in.

Delts
Side Dumbbell Lateral Raises- 6 sets
Rear Delt Raises- 4 sets
Legend Military Press- 3 sets
Dumbbell Upright Row-4 sets up to 60lb dumbbells
Side Dumbbell Lateral Raise one arm at a time- 3 sets
Reverse Pec Deck- 4 sets
Dumbbell Shrugs- 4 sets

Diet
Meal 1: 2 scoops Animal Whey 3 slices ezekial bread
Meal 2: Chicken Ceasar Wrap
Meal 3: 3 scoops of Animal Mass
Meal 4: 5 whole eggs and 3 slices ezekial bread
Meal 5: 2 scoops Animal Whey

My appetite has been shot lately. I'm forcing my calories down and my stomach has been feeling full all the time. I'm sure many know it can be aggravating when you are trying to put on size but not as hungry as you usually are.

SMuncey
05-04-16, 9:37 am
Wasn't able to train yesterday, during my lunch break I had to run to the bank to make a deposit to pay my rent and after work I had to go to Urgent Care to take care of an infection I've had on my big toe from an ingrown toenail. Now that I am on antibiotics, I can finally walk without pain. The past days I've been limping around and not being able to walk long without an extreme amount of pain. Like I said before, my appetite has been shot lately it could be because I've been drinking more coffee than usual, that's my guess. I had a giant cheat meal last night in an attempt to get my calories in. Anyone from South Jersey might know of a place called Gaetano's and their Jersey Cheese steak...AMAZING! Was only able to get four meals in yesterday so that cheat meal was a must.

SMuncey
05-05-16, 9:18 am
Yesterday was my second back day of the week. Once I got home from work, I popped a pack of Animal Pump, took a few minutes before driving to the gym to make sure it was kicked in by the time I got there. I absolutely love Animal Pump, it gives me the best pump and some of the best workouts.

Back
Dumbbell Pullovers- 3 sets
Wide grip pulldowns- 4 sets
Bent over barbell row- 4 sets
Hammer strength row- 4 sets
Dumbbell row- 3 sets
High row pulldown- 3 sets

Diet
Meal 1- 2 cups of liquid egg whites, 3 slices of ezekial bread
Meal 2- 7 oz chicken and 1 cup of white rice
Meal 3- 3 Scoops Animal Mass
Meal 4- 7 oz ground turkey 1 cup of white rice and 1 cup brocolli
Meal 5- 2 scoops of Animal Whey

Before going to sleep I took Universal Nutrition ZMA Pro and Fish Oil and called it a night. This week has been an exhausting one, but gotta grind it out.

SMuncey
05-06-16, 9:28 am
Appetite has been horrible lately, I'm thinking it could be from the heavy antibiotic I'm on right now for my toe infection. I'm struggling trying to get down 6 meals when it normally is easy for me. It is what it is though. Yesterday was chest and delts after work. I took a pack of Animal Pump and some Universal Atomic 7 Black Cherry Bomb. The Atomic 7 is nice to switch up from the Juiced Aminos once in a while because the Atomic 7 has a very light taste to it.

Chest and Delts
Cable Flies- 3 sets
Rear Pec Deck- 4 sets
Hammer Strength Incline Press- 4 sets
Side Dumbbell Lateral Raise- 6 sets
Decline Hammer Strength Press- 4 sets
Military Hammer Strength Press- 4 sets
Incline Smith Machine- 4 sets
Shrugs- 3 sets

Stayed up late last night because my wife's blood sugar dropped to 28 so I was making sure she was back to normal before I can sleep. Luckily we always keep country time lemonade powder or gatorade powder or some Fanta strawberry soda in the house for times like this. I got arms today at lunch, so gonna be chasing that pump!

SMuncey
05-10-16, 10:07 am
Had a good weekend it was nice to relax and take it easy for a change. Saturday was leg day, I put on some 2Pac Ambitionz Az A Ridah and went to work. I was sipping on Country Time Lemonade for the simple sugars and 2 scoops of Universal Atomic 7 Black Cherry, taste was amazing with this combination.

Legs
Leg Extensions- 4 sets
Squats- 6 sets
Hack Squat- 4 sets
Standing Hamstring Curl- 4 sets
Stiff Leg Deads- 4 sets
Standing Calve Raise- 4 sets

Had a couple friends over that night and made stuffed bell peppers. I used reduced sodium taco seasoning on lean beef after it was cooked and stuffed the bell peppers with that put low fat mozzarella cheese slices on top and tomato sauce and placed it in the oven just until the cheese melted a little. Put some jasmine rice on the side and made a easy good tasting meal that doesn't take long to prep at all. Watched Deadpool that night, by far one of the best movies I've seen, my wife and I were wondering why we didn't see it in theaters.

SMuncey
05-10-16, 10:10 am
I didn't end up training sunday due to it being mother's day. I spent it with the in laws because my mom is stationed at Travis AFB in California so just did skype with her and sent her Edible Arrangements. We went to this spot in Medford, NJ called Zinc cafe and that tiny spot that many people don't know about has some of the best food. I had a breakfast burrito but it was hooked up, eggs potato avocado black beans and salsa in the burrito. I would definitely go there again, reasonable in price too, for 7 people it only cost us 88 bucks on mothers day. Not bad at all! I'm cheap so whenever I can get a deal I'm in for it.

tzone
05-10-16, 1:23 pm
That burrito sounds delicious. I'm a huge fan of burritos, especially hot ones.

SMuncey
05-16-16, 8:09 am
Sorry guys been slacking on the thread. Last week was crazy, definitely not my healthiest, couldn't see a podiatrist because of their odd hours of practice when people gotta work 9-5. So I ended up doing the surgery on my ingrown toe nail myself, had to get it done some how. Now that I am good, I will continue my log throughout the week for now on and be more consistent. Yesterday was a cool day, ended up doing the grand opening for Garden State Barbell in Westville, NJ repping Animal. Very nice hardcore gym, they actually ended up doing a powerlifting meet for the grand opening so that was really cool. I had no idea they were doing that, so props to them because I've never seen that at a grand opening of a gym before. They treated us very nicely and hopefully gonna get a future ABC in there.

SMuncey
05-17-16, 4:14 pm
Yesterday was delts, its always a good day to train delts. Appetite has finally started to come back after being off of those antibiotics finally so the chase for 230 can continue. Weighed in at 205 sunday so not too bad and I don't want to get out of shape so I'm not mad at all.

Delts
Side Dumbbell Lateral Raise- 6 sets
Rear delt raise superset with front dumbbell raise- 4 sets
Standing Dumbbell Press- 4 sets
Rope Upright Rows- 4 sets
Reverse pec deck- 3 sets
Side Lateral Raise Machine- 3 sets
Dumbbell Shrugs- 4 sets

Diet
2 cups of liquid egg whites and 3 slices ezekial bread
6 oz chicken breast, 2 cups of white rice and 57g avocado
4 scoops of Universal Real Gains
3 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, 2 english muffins
6 oz chicken, 1 cup of white rice and 57g of avocado
2 scoops Animal Whey

Called it a night, took my Universal ZMA Pro caps and Fish Oil and knocked out.

tzone
05-18-16, 2:28 pm
ZMA is awesome.

You're doing great on your path.

SMuncey
05-18-16, 2:49 pm
ZMA is awesome.

You're doing great on your path.

Sure is bro, very cheap but effective supplement.

SMuncey
05-18-16, 3:00 pm
Was not able to train yesterday, had to deal with some financial situations and calls back and forth with student loan companies all night long. I made sure my diet was on point though, did not go too crazy with carbs due to not training but still kept protein high and fat moderate. Happy to get the financial stuff out of the way because I'm sure as everyone has some financial issue, that causes so much stress and can throw training off by having that in the back of your mind. Glad it done and over with though, I got legs tonight, hyped up for it, legs is one of those body parts that I love to train because the pump you can get in your quad is a great feeling and when the veins start coming through them it is even more motivating.

Diet
2 cups of liquid egg whites and 3 slices of ezekial bread
7 oz chicken breast, 2 cups of white rice and 57g of avocado
4 scoops of Universal Real Gains
8 oz ground beef, 1.5 cups of white rice and tomato sauce
2 scoops of Animal Whey and 1 tbsp natty pb

SMuncey
05-19-16, 12:49 pm
Legs felt good yesterday, some people hate legs but I love training legs. Ate a lot yesterday which felt good because it is headed me towards my goals.

Legs
Leg Extensions- 4 sets
Squats- 6 sets
Leg Press- 4 sets
Walking Lunges- 4 sets
Stiff Leg Deads- 3 sets
Lying Hamstring Curl- 4 sets
Seated Leg Curl- 4 sets
Standing Calf Raise- 4 sets

Diet
Meal 1: 2 scoops of Animal Whey, 2 frozen bananas and pb blended
Meal 2: 8 oz ground beef, 1.5 cups of white rice and tomato sauce
Meal 3: 4 scoops of Universal Real Gains
Meal 4: 8 oz ground beef, 1.5 cups of white rice and tomato sauce
Meal 5: 5 whole eggs, 2 english muffins
Meal 6: 2 scoops of Animal Whey and pb

Higher fat than normal, but I do not do this often. Besides after legs I feel like my body could have used the extra calories. Tonight after work is Chest, just ordered some Schiek elbow sleeves from bodybuilding.com so I hope those help my elbow issues. I've been taking two Animal Flex packs a day and 5 fish oil softgels before bed to help with any inflammation.

SMuncey
05-20-16, 10:56 am
Yesterday after work I went to the gym to train chest. I got home said hi to my wife kissed her, took my Animal Pump and got my Juiced Aminos ready and headed back out the door. Had a great workout, its always great with Animal Pump, that is one of my favorite supplements. Still having elbow problems with barbells so hopefully I can get my elbow sleeves in soon, so I can start recovering a little bit while training.

Chest
Incline Barbell Press- 4 sets up to 225lbs then elbow was killing me so stopped there
Incline Hammer Strength- 4 sets
Flat Dumbbell Press- 5 sets
Pec Deck- 4 sets
Decline Hammer Strength- 3 sets
Flat Hex Press- 4 sets
Incline Flies- 4 sets

Diet was all over the place yesterday, me and the wife got a cheat meal after training since it was pay day :)!

tzone
05-20-16, 11:14 pm
You're training very hard. There's a lot of volume in your workouts and your diet is very focused.

You will reach your goal.

SMuncey
05-23-16, 9:56 am
Had an awesome weekend, trained hard and heavy but was also able to relax for the first time in a while so it was very nice. The weekend went by extremely fast though. Saturday I trained back and I'm still sore so I love that feeling, went to the movies that night and saw Neighbors 2 with my wife, friend and his girl. Such a funny movie, definitely recommend everyone to see it if you need a good laugh. Yesterday was quads, did six sets of squats and felt dead but it was a good dead. Later yesterday was my nieces third birthday so went and enjoyed that, my brother in law made chicken on the grill, I swear food tastes so much better on a grill, unfortunately I have an apartment and no grills are allowed so that time when I get a house that will be one of my first purchases. I could eat chicken all day if it was on a grill, but it gets old very fast when its on a frying pan. Had to go to the ER friday night for my toe, got placed on more antibiotics so that sucks, but have to make an appointment this week to get the surgery finally. My wife yelled at me for it getting bad again so it is time to take care of it once and for all.

SMuncey
06-06-16, 10:01 am
Sorry guys, went MIA things got busy focusing on work and trying to improve being that I am the new guy. But back on track, I hope everyone had a good weekend. Went down to Delaware for the weekend with my wife, my two friends I consider brothers and one of their girlfriends. Had a good time just relaxing on the beach, went bar hoping, I don't drink so my friends was happy about that cause I would be the one driving. Today I will be leaving work early to finally get this surgery on my toe, it will feel good to walk like a normal person again and be able to train legs without any pain.

SMuncey
06-08-16, 9:54 am
Had a great day yesterday, kept is simple and trained biceps, finally got my toe surgery so now I can walk around and train like normal without any pain. I want to bring some body parts up so instead of training arms, I'll train biceps one day and triceps another day with a lot of volume and going heavy.

Biceps
DB Alternating Curls- 6 sets
Hammer Curls- 4 sets
Machine Preacher Curl- 4 sets
Incline Bench Hammer Curl- 4 sets
Barbell Curl- 4 sets

Diet
Meal 1- 3 scoops Animal Whey, Frozen Banana, Tbsp Natty PB
Meal 2- 8 oz ground turkey, 1 cup white rice, 1 cup green beans
Meal 3- 8 oz ground turkey and green beans
Meal 4- 5 whole eggs and 2 slices ezekial bread
Meal 5- 3.5 scoops Universal Real Gains and tbsp natty pb

Appetite has not been the best lately so gonna do maintenance calories until it goes back up.

C.Coronato
06-08-16, 10:02 am
Looking good bud! Hows the weight coming?

SMuncey
06-08-16, 10:21 am
Looking good bud! Hows the weight coming?

Currently at 205lbs brother, I don't mind the slow increase in weight cause one of the things I learned from you and others on the forum is that it is a marathon and not a sprint. I decided I'll compete in two years so it gives me enough time to grow and still have age on my side is a good thing.

tzone
06-08-16, 12:14 pm
Keep hammering!

SMuncey
06-09-16, 3:49 pm
Trained after work yesterday, was gonna do Chest and Delts but really wanted to train legs. So instead, I trained legs, had a brutal workout but those are the best ones. In Jersey it stormed yesterday, instead of my typical hour and a half commute home, it seemed like every road was blocked off from cleaning up tree branches so took 2 hours to get home. Once I got home, I said hi to my wife and then took 1 scoop of Universal Shock Therapy and headed out the door.

Legs
Leg Extensions- 3 sets
Squats- 5 sets
Reverse Hack Squats- 4 sets
SL Deadlift- 4 sets
Lunges- 3 sets
Lying Hamstring Curl- 4 sets
Seated Calf Raises- 5 sets

Diet
Meal 1- 3 scoops Animal Whey, Frozen Banana, 1 tbsp Natty PB
Meal 2- 7 oz ground turkey, 1 cup white rice
Meal 3- 7 oz ground turkey, 1 cup green beans
Meal 4: 6 whole eggs
Meal 5: 2 scoops Animal Whey, 10g Universal Glutamine and 10g Creatine

Wasn't able to get as many meals in as I wanted, but since I'm not competing in the near future I'm not too worried about. Life presents obstacles and you have to prep for them, this day I wasn't as prepped as I'd like, but it is what it is. Sometimes you gotta take the L, but had an awesome workout and some cheat meals today to help recover from this brutal workout.

SMuncey
06-13-16, 11:21 am
Friday, June 10th, was tricep day here at HQ. I took some Jersey Fresh Peach Tea Shock Therapy and headed down to the gym.

Triceps
Rope Pushdown- 5 sets
Dumbbell Skull Crushers- 4 sets
Straight Bar Pushdown- 4 sets
Dumbbell Overhead Press- 4 sets

Diet
Meal 1- 3 scoops Animal Whey, Frozen Banana, Natty PB
Meal 2- 1 cup white rice and 7 oz ground turkey
Meal 3- 3.5 scoops Universal Real Gains
Meal 4- 6 Whole Eggs, two slices toast
Meal 5- Pizza with wife and mom

My mom moved back to Jersey this week and is restationed at McGuire AFB, she was stationed at Travis AFB in California for a few years with my dad so its great to have her back home. My dad moves back next month, his assignments got pushed back, luckily they were able to move back to the same base.

SMuncey
06-13-16, 11:34 am
Saturday was Chest and Shoulders, felt great this day. Must have been exhausted from the week because I slept for 11 hours but I guess your body needs it from time to time. Diet was all over the place, my wifes cousin had a graduation party and we had a house party to go to after, they love when we go to parties because I don't drink so they always had a DD.

Chest and Shoulders
Reverse Pec Deck- 4 sets
Incline Dumbbell Press- 5 sets
Incline Hammer Strength- 4 sets
Flat Dumbbell Flies- 3 sets
Decline Hammer Strength- 3 sets
Side Lateral Raises- 4 sets
Machine Shoulder Press- 4 sets

It was extremely hot and humid in jersey this day, standing outside during the graduation party and I had sweat dripping.

SMuncey
06-22-16, 8:40 am
It has been a rough couple of weeks, just really been focusing on my job and trying to get better as I am still the new guy in the office. I have been training almost everyday, no doubt about that. Training is my zen, my free time, my time to get away from everything that negatively affects my life. Doubt and discouragement can really get to someone so never let any doubt come into mind, gotta be stronger than that. Diet has been good, could be better if appetite was on par so gonna do a mini cut to see if I can get my metabolism going again in order to be able to eat more in the future, something I learned from Lloyd Herford. Yesterday was arms at the HQ.

Arms
Dumbbell Curls- 5 sets
Hammer Dumbbell Curls- 4 sets
Machine Preacher Curls- 3 sets
Rope Pushdowns- 5 sets
Dumbbell Skull Crushers- 4 sets
EZ Bar Pushdowns- 4 sets

Been watching my favorite movie of all time Warrior with Tom Hardy for extra motivation. For some reason, that movie always gets me ready to kick ass and crush goals, some people like Rocky (don't get me wrong, Rocky is the shit) but watch Warrior and you won't be disappointed.

tzone
06-22-16, 11:35 am
I don't think I've seen Warrior. I'll have to check it out.

For me, the original Conan was inspirational, even to this day.

SMuncey
06-22-16, 11:42 am
I don't think I've seen Warrior. I'll have to check it out.

For me, the original Conan was inspirational, even to this day.

Warrior is the shit bro, definitely check it out, most stores have it for $5-$10. If you are into MMA, you'll enjoy this movie.

SMuncey
06-23-16, 9:44 am
Yesterday was definitely one of those good days, smashed legs after work and my wife went with and said she wants to start going more often. When I was in the process of application with the Marine Corps before I got disqualified, she was doing HIIT cardio with me a lot and I liked it because I was able to get my sessions in without her complaining that we don't spend time together lol. Got home around 6:30pm took the pre workout and headed to the gym.

Legs
Squats- 7 sets
Leg Extensions- 3 sets
Leg Press - 4 sets
Hack Squat- 4 sets
Stiff leg Deads- 4 sets
Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deads- 3 sets
Standing Calf Raises- 4 sets

Had to take some NyQuil (not recommended) to fall asleep last night, the one struggle with going to the gym late and having to wake up early is being able to sleep at night. Felt drained after legs, didn't feel like making a shake so I drank egg whites out of the carton post workout because it was quick and easy.

SMuncey
06-30-16, 10:35 am
This week was great, had an ABC at Garden State Barbell and had a huge turnout. Always good to see so many people people support the brand and just enjoy lifting together. There is so much hate when it comes to training, people need to just influence people to keep going instead of talking shit. We are all in this together and to improve and that is what Animal is all about. I trained legs yesterday, it was a decent session but didn't have the focus I usually have.

Legs
Stiff Leg Deads- 4 sets
Leg Extensions- 4 sets
Squats- 4 sets
Single Leg Press- 3 sets
Hack Squats- 3 sets
Single Leg Hamstring Curl
Calve Raises- 3 sets
Calve Raise on Leg Press- 3 sets

Had some pizza post workout, got a sugar free Sprite to settle my stomach, after legs I always have the feeling of throwing up.

Appleton.Cory
06-30-16, 10:45 am
There is so much hate when it comes to training, people need to just influence people to keep going instead of talking shit. We are all in this together and to improve and that is what Animal is all about.

Amen!

G Diesel
06-30-16, 2:02 pm
I dig the consistency bro. And the thorough nature of your training.

Keep pushing forward. Much progress to be made.

Peace, G

SMuncey
07-01-16, 10:59 am
I dig the consistency bro. And the thorough nature of your training.

Keep pushing forward. Much progress to be made.

Peace, G

Much appreciated, especially coming from an OG like yourself!

SMuncey
07-01-16, 11:03 am
Yesterday was Chest and Delts with my boy that came back from Reserve training for the Army. On my way to the gym I popped in a classic cd 50 Cent Get Rich or Die Trying.

Chest and Delts
Cable Flies- 3 sets
Incline Dumbbell- 4 sets
Incline Barbell- 2 sets
Flat Bench- 4 sets
Dips- 3 sets
Dumbbell Lateral Raises- 6 sets (started with 20s and ended with 45s)
Smith Machine Shoulder Press- 3 sets
Shrugs- 4 sets focusing on the contraction at the top

Came home did the dishes, showered and cooked 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites with one scoop Animal Whey Brownie Batter, 10g Universal Glutamine and 5g Universal Creatine.

SMuncey
07-07-16, 10:21 am
Hopefully everyone had a great and safe 4th of July, ate some good food this weekend but it's back on track now. Yesterday was back, heavy and a lot of volume is the typical way I like to train.

Back
Pull Ups- 4 sets to reach 40 reps
V Bar Lat Pulldowns- 4 sets
Dumbbell Rows- 4 sets
Hammer Strength Row- 3 sets
Wide Grip Pulldown- 3 sets
Rack Pulls- 4 sets
T Bar Rows- 3 sets
Meadows Rows- 3 sets
Dumbbell Shrugs focusing on contracting at the top- 4 sets

With the combo of rack pulls and shrugs, my traps are sore which is a great feeling. Ever since I was young I always wanted huge traps, gotta get on Pete Rubish level. Tonight will be legs and friday will be delts, ready and determined to improve.

SMuncey
07-08-16, 9:50 am
Last night was legs after work, took two scoops of Rage XL Lemon, put two scoops Juiced Aminos in a water bottle then headed to the gym.

Legs
Stiff Leg Deads with DBs- 4 sets
Laying Hamstring Curl- 3 sets
Squats- 2 warmup sets 5 working sets
Legs Extensions superset with Leg Press- 4 sets

Had to lay on the floor for a little bit to let myself recover and not throw up. Tonight will be Delts with farmers walks at the end for some cardio. Gonna get a cheat meal in tonight, my wife is going out with her friends so I will enjoy myself with some pizza!

SMuncey
07-14-16, 10:38 am
After taking off from the gym for three days just due to things going on in life, I was finally able to get back into the gym last night. Had a crazy pump, blasted shoulders, it is one of my favorite muscles to train.

Shoulders
Side DB Lateral Raise- 4 sets
Dumbbell Military Press- 4 sets
Rear DB Raise superset with plate upright rows- 4 sets
DB Front Raise- 3 sets
Machine Lateral Raise- 4 sets
Hammer Strength Shoulder Press- 3 sets
Cable Upright Rows- 3 sets
Rope Rear Delt Pulls- 3 sets
Shrugs- 3 sets

Had an insane pump and felt awesome getting that frustration out. For me, I have to hit the gym or I become more aggressive and agitated but when I can release all of that I come home happy and calm.

G Diesel
07-14-16, 1:53 pm
After taking off from the gym for three days just due to things going on in life, I was finally able to get back into the gym last night. Had a crazy pump, blasted shoulders, it is one of my favorite muscles to train.

Shoulders
Side DB Lateral Raise- 4 sets
Dumbbell Military Press- 4 sets
Rear DB Raise superset with plate upright rows- 4 sets
DB Front Raise- 3 sets
Machine Lateral Raise- 4 sets
Hammer Strength Shoulder Press- 3 sets
Cable Upright Rows- 3 sets
Rope Rear Delt Pulls- 3 sets
Shrugs- 3 sets

Had an insane pump and felt awesome getting that frustration out. For me, I have to hit the gym or I become more aggressive and agitated but when I can release all of that I come home happy and calm.

That's a hell of a session.

And I hear that, I feel unproductive and sluggish--mentally and physically, when I don't train.

However, every so often, being forced to take a couple of days off and healing up makes a huge difference when you come back.

Peace, G

SMuncey
07-14-16, 3:29 pm
That's a hell of a session.

And I hear that, I feel unproductive and sluggish--mentally and physically, when I don't train.

However, every so often, being forced to take a couple of days off and healing up makes a huge difference when you come back.

Peace, G

I agree 100% G, I think that is also why the pump was so intense.

SMuncey
07-15-16, 11:16 am
Yesterday was back day, by far my favorite training day because with back I feel like it is very easy to get a mind to muscle connection.

Back
Lat Pulldowns- 4 sets
Bent Over Barbell Rows- 3 sets
Dumbbell Rows- 3 sets
Rope Straight Arm Pulldown- 3 sets
V Bar Lat Pulldown- 3 sets
Rack Pulls- 4 sets
Hammer Strength Rows- 4 sets
Cable Rows- 3 sets

Took 3 scoops of Universal Torrent Sour Citrus Rush, 1 scoop Animal Whey Vanilla and 1 scoop Animal Juiced Aminos all mixed up, tastes amazing and got everything I need post workout.

SMuncey
07-20-16, 8:49 am
Hit chest last night, gym was more crowded than usual but was still able to get in and crush. I put in my headphones and worked out to the song No Problem by Lil Scrappy, that song was the one that made you want to train. Didn't eat as much as I should have yesterday due to lack of appetite so I wasn't as strong as I would normally feel.

Chest
Cable Fly- 4 sets
Machine Press- 3 sets to get warmed up
Incline Dumbbell Press- 4 sets
Incline Hammer Strength Press- 3 sets
Lower Cable Fly superset with Pushups til failure- 3 sets
Dips- 3 sets

Went home and had 7 oz of flank steak and 8 oz red potato, before going to bed had 2 scoops of Animal Whey Brownie Batter.

tzone
07-20-16, 1:44 pm
Great work! You're rockin' it, man!

SMuncey
07-26-16, 11:48 am
The weekend treated me well, trained back Saturday and Arms Sunday, took Monday off and tonight will be 54 sets of legs.

Back (Saturday)
Wide Grip Pulldown superset with Cable Pullovers- 5 sets
T Bar Rows- 5 sets
Hammer Strength Rows- 4 sets
Reverse Grip Pulldowns- 4 sets
DB Rows- 4 sets
Rack Pulls- 5 sets
Cable Rows- 3 sets
DB Pullovers- 4 sets

Arms (Sunday)
Rope Pushdowns- 6 sets
Close Grip Bench- 4 sets last set triple drop set
Machine Dips- 8 sets
Skull Crushers- 7 sets
V Bar Push down super set Overhead Rope Extensions- 3 sets
Cable Barbell Curl- 4 sets
EZ Bar Curls- 6 sets
Machine Preacher- 5 sets
Spider EZ Bar Curls superset with Incline DB Curls- 3 sets
Hammer Rope Cable Curl- 8 sets

The volume for arms was insane. I will be increasing volume for all workouts now. Tonight will be legs

SMuncey
07-27-16, 9:51 am
Yesterday was legs, my coach wrote me out a crazy workout, threw up about three times during the session while sipping on 3 scoops Universal Carbo Plus and 2 scoops Animal Juiced Aminos.

Legs
Lying Leg Curls- 6 sets last set triple drop
Seated Hamstring Curls superset Lying Hamsting Curls superset Single Leg Curls- 4 sets
Still Leg Deads- 5 sets
Single Leg Press Feet High- 4 sets
Leg Extensions- 8 sets
Leg Press Feet Close and Low- 5 sets
Hack Squats Facing Pad superset with Single Leg Press Foot Low- 4 sets
Barbell Squats- 5 sets

Laid on the floor in the gym for a while before getting up. Had to wait for my stomach to settle before being able to eat my post workout meal.