PDA

View Full Version : Tiredness and headaches

DGymn
05-03-16, 1:46 pm
For the last 10-12months I've been experiencing a lot of headaches and I walk around tired a lot as well.
I'm doing sport at a high level, training up to 25hours a week (depending on the time of the year).
Some days I wake up and immidiatly feel the headache and tiredness, other days the headaches start at around 10am..
However, when I start training in the afternoon, the headache drops and returns about half an hour after the session.

My diet consists of:
Carbs: Oats, Cream of Rice, Sweet/White Potatoes, rice, quinoa, and about once a week some bread...
Fats: Avocado, Nuts, Eggs (up to 4 a day), Salmon..
Protein: Unprocessed meats/fish, Eggs..
Supplementation: Animal Pak, Magnesium, Vitamine D3+K2, Fish Oil, Creatine..

For the last months I've been getting my blood checked a couple of times, and stopped taking the Animal Pak and Creatine for a while.
Now I was wondering If my diet could be the cause of my problems? Could it be the Animal Pak or Creatine? Anybody has experienced similar problems?

EthanBrooks
05-03-16, 3:57 pm
For the last 10-12months I've been experiencing a lot of headaches and I walk around tired a lot as well.
I'm doing sport at a high level, training up to 25hours a week (depending on the time of the year).
Some days I wake up and immidiatly feel the headache and tiredness, other days the headaches start at around 10am..
However, when I start training in the afternoon, the headache drops and returns about half an hour after the session.

My diet consists of:
Carbs: Oats, Cream of Rice, Sweet/White Potatoes, rice, quinoa, and about once a week some bread...

For the last months I've been getting my blood checked a couple of times, and stopped taking the Animal Pak and Creatine for a while.
Now I was wondering If my diet could be the cause of my problems? Could it be the Animal Pak or Creatine? Anybody has experienced similar problems?

You might not be getting enough sleep, the more active you are the more sleep you need. It could also be due to build up of stress. I've found that drinking coffee helps with my headaches so if you're not already drinking coffee you might want to give it a try.

LayzieBone085
05-03-16, 8:03 pm

My diet consists of:

What is the blood work showing?
how are your coritsol levels?
How is your sleep?
How is your water intake?
Are you very stressed?

Creatine or Animal Pak won't be the reasoning behind headaches. Creatine does not cause headaches. If that were the case eating a steak would cause headaches. And a top notch multi vitamin which is loaded with micronutrients won't cause headaches.

This is a very broad question that is too black and white to truly answer with the amount of external factors that could cause this issue.
Dietary needs could be an issue, but its minor to the other aspects that would cause the headaches. You may need to take a step back and change something in your daily routine and try and find the problem associated towards the headache.

Its best to look at the bloodwork, and other important factors that could cause them.

CoachJPeacock
05-04-16, 9:56 am
I agree with the previous statement. Looks pretty similar to my diet and others that I know. Shouldn't be Animal Pak or Creatine causing the problems. The bloodwork should be able to tell you the issues or you could be suffering from caffeine dependency depending on whether or not you drink a lot. I've had a few buddies that have problems because of that.

Altered Beast
05-04-16, 10:19 am
Might not be eating enough calories and you're not properly recovering! Sleep and hydration also can effect fatigue levels if you're not getting enough.

Rex
05-04-16, 10:20 am
Where are your blood pressure and blood sugar levels at?

If any of these two run high, youīll feel horrible.

Altered Beast
05-04-16, 10:28 am
Where are your blood pressure and blood sugar levels at?

If any of these two run high, youīll feel horrible.

Elevated liver enzymes can also have the same effect.

Nmowery
05-04-16, 2:06 pm
I know someone else mentioned coffee, but do you take in a lot of caffeine? Be it coffee, energy drinks, pre workouts, etc, the crash even the next day can definitely cause headaches and sluggishness. If not, with as persistent as you say it is, I would see a doctor for sure. Constant headaches can be signs of some pretty serious issues, so if it isn't a dietary issue you'll definitely want to get it checked sooner than later.

tzone
05-04-16, 9:53 pm
I agree, it's time to make an appointment with the doctor. There could be a medical issue or condition that has arisen.

Rex
05-05-16, 10:18 am
Elevated liver enzymes can also have the same effect.

Elevated liver enzymes are a very invalid point for serious lifters since even an intense squat session can sky rocket those.

Ox
05-11-16, 1:40 pm
If you're exercising/training a lot and having the majorty of your calories come from clean/home cooked food, chances are your sodium intake is on the lower side. When I read your post the first thing that came to mind was increase sodium and fluid intake.

C.Coronato
05-11-16, 1:48 pm
If you're exercising/training a lot and having the majorty of your calories come from clean/home cooked food, chances are your sodium intake is on the lower side. When I read your post the first thing that came to mind was increase sodium and fluid intake.

Like more kraut ??

Rex
05-12-16, 6:03 pm

Sounds simple, but this might in fact do the trick.

Ox
05-13-16, 8:29 am
Like more kraut ??

Always more 'kraut.

Ox
05-13-16, 8:30 am
Sounds simple, but this might in fact do the trick.

So many times I have found such simple solutions to seemingly complicated problems!

DGymn
05-14-16, 1:40 pm
Thanks everybody for responding.
I'll be posting my latest bloodresults as soon as I get them! Anybody how can help me when I do post these?

I'm going to see the doctor again when I get the time and run some more tests..

When I started seeing the docter for this headaches, he advised me to reduce coffee. I used to drink 2-4cups a day. Right no I'm drinking 1cup a day max, sometimes I dont drink any at all.

About the water and sodium, I drink around 4 liters a day and sometimes I feel like I'm eating so much salt already since the docter advised me too. I'll try to increase both even more and see how that feels.. Bloodpressure is pretty low anyway so I dont think I need to worry about to much sodium right?

Rex
05-14-16, 5:21 pm
Thanks everybody for responding.
I'll be posting my latest bloodresults as soon as I get them! Anybody how can help me when I do post these?

I'm going to see the doctor again when I get the time and run some more tests..

When I started seeing the docter for this headaches, he advised me to reduce coffee. I used to drink 2-4cups a day. Right no I'm drinking 1cup a day max, sometimes I dont drink any at all.

About the water and sodium, I drink around 4 liters a day and sometimes I feel like I'm eating so much salt already since the docter advised me too. I'll try to increase both even more and see how that feels.. Bloodpressure is pretty low anyway so I dont think I need to worry about to much sodium right?

Post your labs, fasting blood sugar and blood pressure.
Letīs take it from there...

spartan300
06-22-16, 8:10 pm
Post your labs, fasting blood sugar and blood pressure.
Letīs take it from there...

Sounds like maybe Cervical spine issues. stenosis,impingement Perhaps? Just trying to systematically eliminate all possibilities.
Just my dimes worth.

Rex
06-25-16, 10:44 am
Sounds like maybe Cervical spine issues. stenosis,impingement Perhaps? Just trying to systematically eliminate all possibilities.
Just my dimes worth.

Who knows...
The guy hasnīt responded in quite some time now. I hope heīs all right

Rex
07-25-16, 10:50 am
Brother, how are you doing? Any news?

DGymn
07-30-16, 2:49 pm
Brother, how are you doing? Any news?

He Roman,
First of all thanks for taking intrest in my problems.
I'm currently in Rio and the testresults just came in, but they are at home. I might put them up here or send m in a pm if thats allright?

Rex
07-31-16, 11:56 am
He Roman,
First of all thanks for taking intrest in my problems.
I'm currently in Rio and the testresults just came in, but they are at home. I might put them up here or send m in a pm if thats allright?

Whatever you feel more comfortable with.

Iīm sincerely looking to help