PDA

View Full Version : Animal Iconic Tee quality?

Universal Rep
05-12-16, 4:09 pm
Quick questions for those who have picked up an Animal Iconic Tee over the year, particularly the Red or Yellow version.

Provide feedback on the cut/fit, the weight, the materials and the softness of the tee.

Is it true to size?
Do you wish it was lighter/heavier?
Do you wish it was thinner/thicker?
Do you wish it was softer/more rugged?

EthanBrooks
05-12-16, 9:05 pm
Quick questions for those who have picked up an Animal Iconic Tee over the year, particularly the Red or Yellow version.

Provide feedback on the cut/fit, the weight, the materials and the softness of the tee.

Is it true to size?

It fits true to size. The fit is perfect. Materials are very soft. Overall the shirt is perfect, nothing I can think of that should be changed.

Nmowery
05-13-16, 8:38 am
Don't have red or yellow, but I did get the blue iconic from the 1 day sale. I have no qualms with the shirt as is.

Universal Rep
05-13-16, 2:26 pm
It fits true to size. The fit is perfect. Materials are very soft. Overall the shirt is perfect, nothing I can think of that should be changed.

Which tee? What color?

EthanBrooks
05-13-16, 5:02 pm
Which tee? What color?

Yellow and red iconic

Cellardweller
05-14-16, 12:20 pm
The red and yellow Iconics are already perfect. Fits great, takes a beating and last forever. I know some guys like the lightweight stretchy, clingy shirts, but I love the heavy cotton Iconic t's. I've probably got 5-6 of them in various stages of use.

Razor
05-16-16, 10:11 am
Great fit and feel all around. That being said, i loved the feel of the shirts from this past year's Cage. Would be awesome seeing this get an update but again not completely necessary.

STRONGfireMAN
05-16-16, 6:28 pm
No complaints with red/yellow shirts. BUT did get attached to the feel of the ones released in the cage. I'm wearing the shit out of the grey one.

DaveAB
05-18-16, 12:18 pm
I bought the red one from BB.com a few months ago. The shirt wasnt the Gildan 50/50 I was expecting and it fit differently than those do (it had a printed Animal tag and was 60/40). The sleeves were slimmer and the neck was larger. I am not a huge fan of that fit. I very much prefer the other animal/universal shirts that are printed on the Gildan 50/50s.

Universal Rep
05-18-16, 12:41 pm
I bought the red one from BB.com a few months ago. The shirt wasnt the Gildan 50/50 I was expecting and it fit differently than those do (it had a printed Animal tag and was 60/40). The sleeves were slimmer and the neck was larger. I am not a huge fan of that fit. I very much prefer the other animal/universal shirts that are printed on the Gildan 50/50s.

Thanks. This is useful feedback. That BB.com shirt is a custom made shirt and it is different than a stock Gildan tee. So you prefer looser sleeves and a tighter neck? That was the only issue?

DaveAB
05-19-16, 11:18 am
Thanks. This is useful feedback. That BB.com shirt is a custom made shirt and it is different than a stock Gildan tee. So you prefer looser sleeves and a tighter neck? That was the only issue?

Yes, definitely prefer the tighter neck and looser sleeves. I found the Gildan tees are a little longer too. Which is good for me being 6'5. But, I imagine that may not be the case for the majority of people.

rainman
05-19-16, 1:34 pm
The Gildan Iconics are the best shirts ever made. They are a proper size too. I've always seen it that you have to earn your way up the Iconic sizing. Mind you, I'm still happy with a large. I'm a large guy. Not extra large. Not pro level size. I like that the sleeves don't ride up your arms when setting up for a squat or bunch up when arcing for a bench. Plus they last for years. I wore the same LE green Iconic to the gym today that I wore to the 2012 Olympics and have worn it every week to the gym in between. Great shirts.

Razor
05-23-16, 8:31 am
Curious if this changes are being made to the shirts in the future or for the upcoming black and gold?

Universal Rep
05-23-16, 11:43 am
Curious if this changes are being made to the shirts in the future or for the upcoming black and gold?

Experimenting with some things which may impact the B/G tee for 6/1/16.

Razor
05-25-16, 8:35 am

My thoughts already stated, i would still be more than happy (and still order more than 1!!) if the shirts were the same exact quality as the other LE shirts that were released. (blue and black, blue and white, and blood red)

DANO
05-25-16, 11:56 am
I have MANY iconic shirts, they all have their place, the 50/50 shirts are great in the gym, they fit well, and wear like iron, I have red, yellow,and the LE green.
I have an LE yellow, that is the 60/40, great for wearing around town... same with the LE blue.
On a side note, the signature tanks with the thicker printing on 'em (blue, and the black) the logo seems to want to crack and flake off... the yellow, white, grey don't have that issue at all.

bigdog
05-25-16, 2:16 pm
I have many of them. the red and yellow both gildan are awesome. I do love the lighter ones from the cage though. the thicker red and yellow last forever through workout after workout! my personal preference is the lighter shirts with tighter sleeves though. either way i wear them all with pride! also, im from new Orleans so a black & gold is a must have for me so i call dibbs on 2 of them!! lol

bigdog
05-26-16, 1:10 pm
Are the black/gold being released on 6/1/16???

EthanBrooks
05-26-16, 3:20 pm

Yes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCB5-tWri-0

npcdusty
05-26-16, 3:23 pm
Yep, put in on your cal, you know they will go quick...

Universal Rep
06-02-16, 9:04 am
For those who ordered the "Freak" metallic gold/black Animal Iconic tee, report here and let us know how you like the shirt itself--the fit, the quality, etc. This is an important question. Thanks.

dvnny
06-09-16, 9:31 pm

Is it true to size?

Just received my Red Iconic Tee today and here is my two-cents:

The 60/40 blend on the Red is the best feeling material, perfect softness. However, the Gildan 50/50 blend that my bodybuilding.com Black Iconic is, is the best fit. If you can mix the materials of the Red with the fit of the Black, I will no longer buy any other tees haha. Wish I was able to get the Black/Gold that released at the beginning of this month, but couldn't so I can't compare to that. I know you guys worked hard to make that the best tee yet.

TheMannarino
06-10-16, 5:33 pm
Whatever you guys did differently with the gold iconic, keep doing that. The fit in the chest, shoulders, neck and arms is absolutely spot on. And still a good amount of drape around the torso and this is before washing lol. I anticipate it'll fit even better once washed and dried. Absolutely great job, guys.

Razor
06-13-16, 1:14 pm
Whatever you guys did differently with the gold iconic, keep doing that. The fit in the chest, shoulders, neck and arms is absolutely spot on. And still a good amount of drape around the torso and this is before washing lol. I anticipate it'll fit even better once washed and dried. Absolutely great job, guys.

I can't tell if this fit is different from the fits at this years Cage but i love it. I know its close to it for sure.

EthanBrooks
06-14-16, 5:14 pm
For those who ordered the "Freak" metallic gold/black Animal Iconic tee, report here and let us know how you like the shirt itself--the fit, the quality, etc. This is an important question. Thanks.

Just got my freak iconic. Great fit and super soft. Whatever you did with this one, keep doing that.

Bean
06-15-16, 11:22 am
I'm still waiting for some 4XLT or 5XLT.... one day hopefully. I understand the difficulty in changing screen printing size to meet the needs of only a few but a guy can hope.

Aggression
06-15-16, 12:32 pm
I haven't purchased a new Iconic T in years. I've been wearing the same stack of 'em for 5 years or so. The 50/50 red and yellow iconics. They fit great, hold up well, and still have yet to succumb to a permanent stink. And the way I sweat .. that's impressive quality.

Universal Rep
06-21-16, 1:48 pm
Just got my freak iconic. Great fit and super soft. Whatever you did with this one, keep doing that.

Length good?

EthanBrooks
06-21-16, 6:58 pm
Length good?

Perfect