PDA

View Full Version : Still good stuff - Hell Raiser Training

MRmichael.hooker
05-24-16, 2:00 pm
Saw today on FB someone was talking about starting his program they just found from Animal called Hell Raiser Training and was raving about how much they loved it. Thought I'd bump this because it is a solid program I've ran multiple times.

C.Coronato
05-24-16, 2:59 pm
Throwback! nice!

MRmichael.hooker
05-25-16, 3:04 pm
Throwback! nice!

Ya man. I was surprised when I saw it, so I thought I'd give this a nice bump for the newer guys who haven't seen it or weren't around the FORVM when Tom came out with HRT

DSMBIZ
12-28-16, 10:03 am
sup fellas, new to the site. i actually just started HRT 2 weeks ago with my partner! was searching on BB.com and when i found the program i was amped, i need something sick and twisted, basic 3 sets of 10 never excite me. I will say i just finished mike rashid "overtraining" program and that hits everything twice in 5 days with weekends off, alot of very high volume, high reps, pyramid sets and fatality sets(drop sets but reps increase as weight is dropped rather than jus maxing out reps). needless to say im having a hard time with HRT feeling like there is not enough volume, especially for biceps/triceps, tho i am staying true to the program, and trusting the process. Ive been stuck at my weight of 170 for a cpl months now after running mikes program back to back with some 5x5 between and i feel like im ready to explode past this phase of being stuck. i just wanted to say thanks to rage for creating this program, and also ive seen quite a few different hrt routines posted, but ive been running the most recent one off BB.com site with arms and shoulders together, but stumbled across one on here with shoulders/chest together as the "bulking" routine, any advice on what one to use? i was intending on just rotating them week to week to mix it up. Also can i incorperate and extra hrt set? or a higher volume "warmup" sets? thanks in advance and sorry if this was a bother!

-TJ

MRmichael.hooker
12-28-16, 11:30 am
sup fellas, new to the site. i actually just started HRT 2 weeks ago with my partner! was searching on BB.com and when i found the program i was amped, i need something sick and twisted, basic 3 sets of 10 never excite me. I will say i just finished mike rashid "overtraining" program and that hits everything twice in 5 days with weekends off, alot of very high volume, high reps, pyramid sets and fatality sets(drop sets but reps increase as weight is dropped rather than jus maxing out reps). needless to say im having a hard time with HRT feeling like there is not enough volume, especially for biceps/triceps, tho i am staying true to the program, and trusting the process. Ive been stuck at my weight of 170 for a cpl months now after running mikes program back to back with some 5x5 between and i feel like im ready to explode past this phase of being stuck. i just wanted to say thanks to rage for creating this program, and also ive seen quite a few different hrt routines posted, but ive been running the most recent one off BB.com site with arms and shoulders together, but stumbled across one on here with shoulders/chest together as the "bulking" routine, any advice on what one to use? i was intending on just rotating them week to week to mix it up. Also can i incorperate and extra hrt set? or a higher volume "warmup" sets? thanks in advance and sorry if this was a bother!

-TJ

Hey TJ. If you train as hard as Tom recommends in this program and truly hit failure and etc, you should definitely see new growth (depending on diet/sleep too of course, as with any program). It'll all of course depend on how your body reacts to it. Look at guys like Dorian Yates compared to Jay Cutler. 2 very different training styles and philosophies. More than 1 way to skin a cat (if that's your thing).
Me personally, I've always ran the programs he posted on here compared to what is listed on bb.com. Same with other things like Y3T or FST7. I always feel like the program they show on bb.com is sort of watered down compared to the actual one that whoever wrote.
As far as incorporating extra sets and volume, that's of course always up to you. I'd suggest running the program as written first for a month or 2 and seeing how you respond before making changes.

DSMBIZ
12-28-16, 11:51 am
Hey TJ. If you train as hard as Tom recommends in this program and truly hit failure and etc, you should definitely see new growth (depending on diet/sleep too of course, as with any program). It'll all of course depend on how your body reacts to it. Look at guys like Dorian Yates compared to Jay Cutler. 2 very different training styles and philosophies. More than 1 way to skin a cat (if that's your thing).
Me personally, I've always ran the programs he posted on here compared to what is listed on bb.com. Same with other things like Y3T or FST7. I always feel like the program they show on bb.com is sort of watered down compared to the actual one that whoever wrote.
As far as incorporating extra sets and volume, that's of course always up to you. I'd suggest running the program as written first for a month or 2 and seeing how you respond before making changes.

It is as written, the one on BB.com has videos of rage and wycked doing the routines. Just seems as if it's updated?! Not sure the split is as follows

Shoulders/biceps/forearms
Hams/quads
Rest
Chest/tri
Back/rear Delts/calves
Rest
Rest

I believe that's the split. But I'll start next week with the one posted on here. Is it just me or is the eating for hrt post not work anymore?

Yeah I definitely go to absolute failure, and I know I'm getting serious work that's why I am sticking true to the program and trusting the process. But my biceps are used to nurmous sets of partner curls from 12 down to 2 then a set of negatives. But like I said I'm not going to deviate!! Appreciate the input man, thank you!

-TJ

MRmichael.hooker
12-28-16, 1:26 pm
It is as written, the one on BB.com has videos of rage and wycked doing the routines. Just seems as if it's updated?! Not sure the split is as follows

Shoulders/biceps/forearms
Hams/quads
Rest
Chest/tri
Back/rear Delts/calves
Rest
Rest

I believe that's the split. But I'll start next week with the one posted on here. Is it just me or is the eating for hrt post not work anymore?

Yeah I definitely go to absolute failure, and I know I'm getting serious work that's why I am sticking true to the program and trusting the process. But my biceps are used to nurmous sets of partner curls from 12 down to 2 then a set of negatives. But like I said I'm not going to deviate!! Appreciate the input man, thank you!

-TJ

Are you doing it with a partner or by yourself?

DSMBIZ
12-28-16, 1:51 pm
Are you doing it with a partner or by yourself?

With a partner!

Mr. Dead
12-28-16, 1:59 pm
Even to this day, I still find this to be my favorite training method. Granted, I only did the solo method except on the rare occasions Tom and I trained together.

DSMBIZ
12-28-16, 2:32 pm
Even to this day, I still find this to be my favorite training method. Granted, I only did the solo method except on the rare occasions Tom and I trained together.

Yeah it's fcking awesome man, straight brutality! Taking it to failure and beyond I enjoy the pain thoroughly!

MRmichael.hooker
12-28-16, 6:00 pm
With a partner!

Nice. I know he came out with a "hrt for solo" program, but it was never the same to me as using the program with a partner.

DSMBIZ
12-29-16, 9:25 am
yeah my first day i did it solo bcuz my partner was at PT. def not the same monster as hrt with a partner.

Darkstar612
03-18-17, 3:04 pm
Hello all,
I just started the solo hrt this week. I've only done two workouts, but damn am I sore! I've been weight training for a long time now and tried many programs. So far, I am really liking this. I'm 60 years old and have always trained alone so this one was perfect to try. Pretty sure I'll be sticking with this one for a while. So from this Silverado, give this one a shot. I think Tom has done a great job!

spartan300
03-22-17, 9:06 am
Hello all,
I just started the solo hrt this week. I've only done two workouts, but damn am I sore! I've been weight training for a long time now and tried many programs. So far, I am really liking this. I'm 60 years old and have always trained alone so this one was perfect to try. Pretty sure I'll be sticking with this one for a while. So from this Silverado, give this one a shot. I think Tom has done a great job! Another old dude, fuckin' A!

Mr. Dead
09-12-19, 1:42 pm
Still using this method, and loving the pain...!!!